PDA

View Full Version : Worilds over Woodley

scudmissile29
12-02-2013, 07:33 AM
I'm a big Worilds fan, was waiting for him to get a few sacks.

Now, end of the season comes.

Who do you want as the outside linebacker? Worilds coming in to his own or Woodley the overpaid injured LBer.

LatrobePA
12-02-2013, 07:38 AM
I feel Worlids earned his spot, move Woodley or keep him on the bench.

K Train
12-02-2013, 07:46 AM
His transition from looking lost and overwhelmed, getting completely absorbed by blockers, having zero pass rushing moves into a legitimate NFL player is nothing short of amazing. He was just so bad for years.

I hate contract year players, hate them

JensK
12-02-2013, 07:53 AM
He has played some legitimately good ball the last month or so. I dont think that erase 2 terrible years, nor does it warrent a huge contract anywhere. Imo at least

Mike Tomlin
12-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Hell we need them both the way they both stay injured, I guess people forgot.

steelchamp204
12-02-2013, 09:54 AM
We'll end up overpaying him. That's what happens in Pittsburgh, these guys sit on the bench and do spot starts, then they finally get to play in there contract year. Have a good season, then this team will overpay for him. Maybe not Woodley money, but they will give him a solid contract and start Woodley on the Opposite side. Until he gets injured, which will happen.

SnakeEyes43
12-02-2013, 09:56 AM
I have lost a little bit of faith in Woodley, and I don't want to see Worilds leave as soon as he has a decent year (Keenan Lewis). It's tough because when healthy Wood can still be a beast.

Real Deal Steel
12-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Woodley has the "ochy ouchys". You get 6 or 7 of these (nagging little injuries)because it's a sign that your body has had it and your too old.

Move Woodley on and give Worilds a decent contract offer. It's not complicated.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Woodley has the "ochy ouchys". You get 6 or 7 of these (nagging little injuries)because it's a sign that your body has had it and your too old.

Move Woodley on and give Worilds a decent contract offer. It's not complicated.

Yes, the cap hit that "moving Woodley on" would incur is complicated.

coldrolled
12-02-2013, 11:58 AM
His transition from looking lost and overwhelmed, getting completely absorbed by blockers, having zero pass rushing moves into a legitimate NFL player is nothing short of amazing. He was just so bad for years.

how much time did he actually play over the years on the Woodley side of things?

kinda like LT or RT at VT he was on the left.

not sure how that works into the equation.

steelchamp204
12-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Woodley missing time has hurt this team over the years. I bet any money we would have won if we had Worilds on the left and Wood on the right. Only one can dream though.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Mentioned this weeks ago but Worilds looks better on Woodley's side.......The way Worilds has been playing then yea he deserves a new contract......

steelchamp204
12-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Mentioned this weeks ago but Worilds looks better on Woodley's side.......The way Worilds has been playing then yea he deserves a new contract......

For how much though? I mean seriously, we can not invest all this money into to OLB when one is good to miss about 4 games a season anymore.

Maybe 3 years for 9mill

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2013, 12:14 PM
For how much though? I mean seriously, we can not invest all this money into to OLB when one is good to miss about 4 games a season anymore.

Maybe 3 years for 9mill

I just said he deserves a new contract......I didn't say the Steelers would be able to resign him.....So that is a good question is how much and if the team can resign him?

These huge contracts to so many of the defensive stars really crippled the team but I understand they had to try to keep a Super Bowl roster together as long as they can......

steelchamp204
12-02-2013, 12:24 PM
I just said he deserves a new contract......I didn't say the Steelers would be able to resign him.....So that is a good question is how much and if the team can resign him?

These huge contracts to so many of the defensive stars really crippled the team but I understand they had to try to keep a Super Bowl roster together as long as they can......

I wouldn't go anything higher than 3 mill per. I think this defense is a ways away from being truely elite again in my opinion but I'd like to see this team get some damn cap space to work with. Giving Worilds an unjustified overpaid contract will hinder this team some putting us back at square one almost.

I think we have been blessed as fans the past decade with all the success and wins we have had, so if we cut let go of

Keisel
Troy
Clark
Hood
Ike

It wouldnt hurt my feelings one bit, I just want to see the organization get back on track financially that was we can sign very solid DL help or a OL. I think Ben can carry the defense, just the playcalling needs to be a little more aggressive with down the field passes more is all.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't go anything higher than 3 mill per. I think this defense is a ways away from being truely elite again in my opinion but I'd like to see this team get some damn cap space to work with. Giving Worilds an unjustified overpaid contract will hinder this team some putting us back at square one almost.

I think we have been blessed as fans the past decade with all the success and wins we have had, so if we cut let go of

Keisel
Troy
Clark
Hood
Ike

It wouldnt hurt my feelings one bit, I just want to see the organization get back on track financially that was we can sign very solid DL help or a OL. I think Ben can carry the defense, just the playcalling needs to be a little more aggressive with down the field passes more is all.

We have been blessed no doubt and no complaining.....But now its time to pay the piper for all that success and what sucks is this team won't be able to keep some of the younger talent when their contracts are up........Just like losing Wallace and Keenan Lewis.......

steelchamp204
12-02-2013, 12:43 PM
We have been blessed no doubt and no complaining.....But now its time to pay the piper for all that success and what sucks is this team won't be able to keep some of the younger talent when their contracts are up........Just like losing Wallace and Keenan Lewis.......

Uggghhhh, what frustrates me the most is, we had the money for Lewis. The kid would have been a stud. He is doing very well in NO :(

HUNT4SEVEN
12-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Worilds just plays better on the left side, just like Hood is a better NT then DE in a 3-4 scheme, i wish the Steelers would stop being so stubborn with these guys if they play better at a different position then let em play the position they are the most productive at sheesh....

Nolrog
12-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Yes, the cap hit that "moving Woodley on" would incur is complicated.

Not really that complicated. Woodley has a cap hit of 13.59 next year. If he's cut or traded, his dead money hit is 14.17. He could be designated a post June 1 cut and the cap hit spread over 2 years, but they'd need to account for his dead money until June 1st (and no compensation comes back in terms of a trade.)

Nolrog
12-03-2013, 06:27 AM

I'm with you. Makes me wonder if he's figured it out or if he's just taken it to another level to get his next contract. Typically, I would discount stats in a walk year, but I don't know how to factor the side switch in here.

steelchamp204
12-03-2013, 07:36 AM
If every every contract were just a 1 year contract, you would see everyone playing there best football year in and year out. I know, this isnt Madden, just a thought.

greg1964
12-03-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm glad for Worilds, playing behind Harriison and Woodley didn't get the oppertunity until now: But 4 games do not a season make: If we believe that last for game only, Keep JW at strong side LB and move LW to the weak side LB. Or better yet move JW to weak side LB and keep LW are he at:

JJ have not shown that het is ready this year: maybe an offseason in the weight room and file study will help him process, But I wouldn't let Worilds walk quite yet. depending on what happens with Spean, maybe the Steelers will concider have Jones and Timmons as ILB and Woodley and Worilds as OLB....