PDA

View Full Version : Everything fell the Steelers way today in the AFC...

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2013, 09:06 PM
The Titans,Jets,Chargers,and even the Browns and the Bills all lost today which keeps the Steelers very much still right in the mix to control their own destiny for the 6th seed if the Ravens can lose 2 out of 3 remaining games at Detroit,New England at home and at Cincinnati to close out the year which I believe they will do. Here is why If the Steelers beat Miami next week the Dolphins will finish with at least 7 losses and if the Steelers win out or even go 8-8 they will win the tiebraker over Miami. The Titans play at Denver next week in a game they have no chance of winning which will put them at 5-8 and will allow the Steelers to finally jump them. The Chargers loss today puts their conference record at 3-6 overall with 7 losses overall which means if the Steelers and Chargers both finish at 9-7 or even 8-8 the Steelers would win the tiebraker on conference record alone. The Jets are a mess and will lose probably at Carolina and at Miami and will finish no better then 7-9.

So it all comes down to if the Ravens can lose 2 out of their 3 remaining games at Detroit,New England and at Cincy and if the Steelers can go 9-7 or even go 8-8 as long as they win all of their AFC games and even if they lose to the Packers they will win the tiebraker over the Ravens,Dolphins and Chargers if they all finish 8-8. They wont win it over the Titans if they finish at 8-8 but Tennessee isnt going to finish 8-8 they will finish 7-9 or 6-10. This will all be more clear next week as long as the Steelers beat the Dolphins but after next week the Steelers should only be needing to pay attention to what the Ravens are doing if they want to get that last wildcard spot they will be the only ones that stand in their way and like I said their schedule is very very tough the last 3 games of the season...

Dean Denton
12-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Kinda funny how this day played out. Chargers was a bit of a shocker, but the rest wasnt.

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2013, 09:23 PM
The Steelers are alive for that last wildcard spot in a big way thanks to what happened today. If they beat Miami next Sunday here they will jump to the 7 seed and then we can really start paying attention to one team and one team only and that is the Ravens who have that brutal 3 game schedule to close out the season at Detroit,New England and at Cincy. I said it earlier and I will keep saying it this is going to come down to that last weekend of the season where the Steelers play the Browns and the Ravens play in Cincinnati to determine who gets that 6th and final seed...Steelers have a shot because they have a chance to win tiebrakers guaranteed over the Dolphins,Jets,and Chargers whether they finish at 8-8 or 9-7. Need the Titans to lose 2 more games which they will do the next 2 weeks seeing that they play at Denver and home against Arizona...The Titans do own the tiebraker over the Steelers but they will not be a factor in this race in a few weeks guaranteed...

mwittman5
12-01-2013, 11:00 PM
What happens if the Ravens only lose one more time to the Pats and steelers win out so they both finish 9-7 with identical division and conference records? Then what?

EDIT: According to ESPN playoff machine if the steelers and ravens both finish 9-7 we win the tie breaker based on record in common games no matter who baltimore loses to.

Mike Tomlin
12-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Hate to be a kill joy, I rarely ever am but losing Velasco pretty much ended the season for us even if we had won thursday in my opinion.

Not just because we don't have the legs to win it this year ,but we absolutely cannot afford another O-line injury for the rest of the year and how likely is that? I mean the mental aspect of it has to be rough,they have to feel like their already in the playoffs as long as this season seems lol.

steelchamp204
12-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Still have a shot which is nice, but we have to WIN OUT

questforSB7
12-02-2013, 01:44 AM
What happens if the Ravens only lose one more time to the Pats and steelers win out so they both finish 9-7 with identical division and conference records? Then what?

EDIT: According to ESPN playoff machine if the steelers and ravens both finish 9-7 we win the tie breaker based on record in common games no matter who baltimore loses to.

I will hope for the best. But why do I have this feeling that Miami is gonna beat us. We are too banged up with new O-Linemen, and maybe even without Bell at RB. If we win, I will keep the faith. But if we lose, then it is, and SHOULD be treated by the management as season Over! Time to Pull Ben, and Insert Landry.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2013, 02:59 AM
They will never pull Ben and start Landry even if the Steelers are out of it.......I doubt if they did pull Ben it would be Landry....I'm sure it would be Bruce Gradkowski........

LatrobePA
12-02-2013, 10:31 AM
They will never pull Ben and start Landry even if the Steelers are out of it.......I doubt if they did pull Ben it would be Landry....I'm sure it would be Bruce Gradkowski........

Where does this clown come up with this shti? Pull Ben??

What a ravens troll!!

Real Deal Steel
12-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Kinda funny how this day played out. Chargers was a bit of a shocker, but the rest wasnt.

Chargers were not a shocker to me. I thought the Bengals would win and they did. Chargers haven't beaten any team that has a decent pass rush. And before you say "The Chiefs", the chiefs defense has been out of gas for 3 weeks now. Not a shock Rivers lite them up..no more pass rush from them.

Real Deal Steel
12-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Hate to be a kill joy, I rarely ever am but losing Velasco pretty much ended the season for us even if we had won thursday in my opinion.

Not just because we don't have the legs to win it this year ,but we absolutely cannot afford another O-line injury for the rest of the year and how likely is that? I mean the mental aspect of it has to be rough,they have to feel like their already in the playoffs as long as this season seems lol.

Our O-line is ravaged by injuries. Were done. I'm looking forward to the draft.

steelspikes
12-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Our O-line is ravaged by injuries. Were done. I'm looking forward to the draft.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this assessment....unless MT can conjure up some more sidelines hijinx.