PDA

View Full Version : Alabama and Auburn game

questforSB7
11-30-2013, 08:32 PM
All I can say is what a IDIOT Nick Saban is. I mean they have missed 3...easy FG's today...then, besides going for one final Hail Mary play, and then OT. He attempts a 57 yard FG...that is short, and returned 100 yards for the Auburn Victory ???
This game was as ENTERTAINING as it hets yes. But, Hinesight being 20-20...Saban is gonna wanna cry. And the NUTS in Alabama....well...2 Championships in a Row not withstanding...there might actually be a POSSE looking to Kill Saban.

What a IDIOTIC decision by Saban!!

Dean Denton
11-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Best college game I've seen in years. There was more intensity in that game then 80% of the NFL games I've watched this year. Saban messed up by having all big, slow guys on the field for that final kick. I get the logic though. You don't want to ruin a game like that with overtime. Then the game is ultimately decided by guys (kickers) that haven't been playing all game. College needs to change their stupid overtime. Hope Auburn makes it to the national game because I think they are light years ahead of Ohio st. Florida St gonna win anyways, won't matter who they play...

questforSB7
11-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Best college game I've seen in years. There was more intensity in that game then 80% of the NFL games I've watched this year. Saban messed up by having all big, slow guys on the field for that final kick. I get the logic though. You don't want to ruin a game like that with overtime. Then the game is ultimately decided by guys (kickers) that haven't been playing all game. College needs to change their stupid overtime. Hope Auburn makes it to the national game because I think they are light years ahead of Ohio st. Florida St gonna win anyways, won't matter who they play...

Best ?...No. It WAS THRILLING and Entertaining..but not the best. Auburn was flat out GIVEN a GIFT from Saban. I don't care IF your kicker has missed 3 FG attempts. When you are at the 14 of Auburn, and it is 4th and 1...and a FG basically WINS the game for you...you DON'T go for it In Auburn with 125,000 screaming fans. That was a foolish move by Saban.

Then the ending FG of 57 yards....Absolutely CLUELESS. I called that return BEFORE it happened. I was telling everyone here that, watch that retuen guy...he's gonnaget a chance to return this. And with 9 of the 11 Alabama players on the field at that time ALL being OVER 350 Lbs, and not a ONE who runs faster then a 14 second forty time...yeah Dean,,,that WAS a Moronic
decision by Saban.

And I GUARANTEE you that Nick Saban is GONE from Alabama.

Dean Denton
11-30-2013, 09:39 PM
I can't remember a better game. Boise St vs. Oklahoma maybe. One of those LSU bowl games back in 2004-07, i cant remember who they played. Texas vs. USC national title game in 2005. This game was intense. I'm up to hear any opinions of a better game for sure.

questforSB7
11-30-2013, 09:42 PM
The Ohio State/Michigan game today was pretty exciting.

NeilPatrickBanana
11-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Rivalry week has been incredible... And it's not even over yet!

The Alabama Auburn game will go down as an all timer

TarlsQtr
11-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Great game. Saban is not going to get fired though...

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1425520_252493294905786_1269520165_n.jpg

Dean Denton
11-30-2013, 10:11 PM
The Ohio State/Michigan game today was pretty exciting.
It was a good game but not great. Don't think it came close to the intensity of Bama v Auburn. IMO.

questforSB7
11-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Rivalry week has been incredible... And it's not even over yet!

The Alabama Auburn game will go down as an all timer

Yeah it will go down as Saban's LAST game at Bama. He is Texas bound for sure!!

Dean Denton
11-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Yeah it will go down as Saban's LAST game at Bama. He is Texas bound for sure!!

But he said he wouldn't do that. Held a press conference declaring he won't be going to Texas. I doubt it too, he's old and doesn't have the energy to start a whole new program.

steelchamp204
11-30-2013, 11:51 PM
The Tomlin GIFS are funny as hell for this.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=634620436584648&set=a.333078710072157.76242.332968243416537&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=252604341561348&set=a.182132225275227.1073741826.182132151941901&type=1&theater

questforSB7
12-01-2013, 12:17 AM
The Tomlin GIFS are funny as hell for this.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=634620436584648&set=a.333078710072157.76242.332968243416537&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=252604341561348&set=a.182132225275227.1073741826.182132151941901&type=1&theater

Funny! I also heard that college football dude on ESPN...forget his name but he stated that the ONLY thing that could have helped Alabama on that final play WAS Mike Tomlin...but unfortunitely...he wasn't on Bama's sideline. :lol:

steelchamp204
12-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Funny! I also heard that college football dude on ESPN...forget his name but he stated that the ONLY thing that could have helped Alabama on that final play WAS Mike Tomlin...but unfortunitely...he wasn't on Bama's sideline. :lol:

I don't care how much of a Steelers fan you are, they are funny as hell and it's a good joke to bring up with anyone pretty much.

Dean Denton
12-01-2013, 03:23 AM
All I know is I hope Ohio st doesn't get the shot at the title. Bama or Auburn should get Florida St. I don't want a repeat of last years blow out. And I'm sure that's what would happen to Ohio st. Auburn vs. Florida St sounds better to me.

steelchamp204
12-01-2013, 09:38 AM
All I know is I hope Ohio st doesn't get the shot at the title. Bama or Auburn should get Florida St. I don't want a repeat of last years blow out. And I'm sure that's what would happen to Ohio st. Auburn vs. Florida St sounds better to me.

Ohio State will be in the National Championship, I'm a PSU fan and I can see that.

questforSB7
12-01-2013, 11:11 AM
All this talk about how Auburn should JUMP Ohio State for the Championship game IF both they and Ohio State win their final game is ridiculous. Yes Auburn's win was exciting yesterday. But to me...it was NOT because they outplayed Bama. They also lost to a 3 loss LSU team, and BARELY survived against a few other teams this season. Ohio State may have barely beat Michigan, and may not have faced a super hard schedule in their conference...but they still are Undefeated. And it's NOT like they played in a clearly lower level conferance like Fresno State or Northern Illinois. So how ANYONE can argue that if they beat MSU, and still don't get in the Big game is stupid.

Dean Denton
12-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Norte Dame was undefeated too and that was a horrible game last year. Being 12-0 in college doesn't always mean you're the best. Too bad the four team eliminator isn't in place this year because Ohio St will get smoked by Florida St. Auburn is so much better and so is Bama. I'm willing to bet Stanford would crush Ohio St too. Lets just hope Michigan St beats Ohio St or we'll have to suffer through another lopsided national title game.

questforSB7
12-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Norte Dame was undefeated too and that was a horrible game last year. Being 12-0 in college doesn't always mean you're the best. Too bad the four team eliminator isn't in place this year because Ohio St will get smoked by Florida St. Auburn is so much better and so is Bama. I'm willing to bet Stanford would crush Ohio St too. Lets just hope Michigan St beats Ohio St or we'll have to suffer through another lopsided national title game.

The team that everyone is discounting is Missouri! I mean look at their schedule. Their ONLY loss was a double time OT loss to South Carolina. And that was WITH A rookie freshmen QB. Cue their starter...Franklin was hurt the week before. And they still won 3 out of the 4 games he was out. Missouri will SPANK Auburn when they play each other. And IF by some chance Ohio State does lose to Michigan State...then there should be NO disussion about Alabama playing Florida State in the BCS Championship game. It SHOULD be Florida State and Missouri!!

JackLambert
12-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Bama choked BIG time. Horrible game decisions. And if the NCAA lets Ohio State play in another title game we're all going to see another blow out loss. Please stop putting weak, undefeated teams in the championship game...

Dean Denton
12-01-2013, 02:02 PM
The team that everyone is discounting is Missouri! I mean look at their schedule. Their ONLY loss was a double time OT loss to South Carolina. And that was WITH A rookie freshmen QB. Cue their starter...Franklin was hurt the week before. And they still won 3 out of the 4 games he was out. Missouri will SPANK Auburn when they play each other. And IF by some chance Ohio State does lose to Michigan State...then there should be NO disussion about Alabama playing Florida State in the BCS Championship game. It SHOULD be Florida State and Missouri!!
I'm all in with Missouri too and if they win next week I think they should get the nod over Ohio St. But no way Bama gets the nod over Auburn if Auburn wins next week. They played and Bama lost. That's how this thing works. As much as I wanted Bama vs. Florida St that's not gonna happen. Again, too bad the four team eliminator isn't in place this year. Auburn vs. Missouri is huge next week. As is Ohio St vs. Michigan St.

Dean Denton
12-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Bama choked BIG time. Horrible game decisions. And if the NCAA lets Ohio State play in another title game we're all going to see another blow out loss. Please stop putting weak, undefeated teams in the championship game...

Agreed. Ohio St is not on the same level, but to be fair they have not lost in two years. Just don't see them being any better then Notre Dame last year.

questforSB7
12-01-2013, 03:06 PM
It's not my job to report news on college football...that is the networks job, like ESPN and others. How sad is it that during ALL the game shows I watched both yesterday, and today...that this didn't get a SINGLE Whisper. So sad. Way to keep your eyes on the REALLY Important things ESPN...Like who deserves the title shot, ect. My best wishes go out to the kids family.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/233934421.html?id=233934421

Dean Denton
12-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Tragic, but has nothing to do with Auburn beating Bama or Ohio St getting trucked by Florida St if they play. I'm sure there is a place for that somewhere though. Maybe we should all say a prayer for Paul Walker too. You know this old lady got hit by a drunk driver two miles from my house this morning when she was leaving church. We could talk about all the orphans that won't be having a Christmas this year too if you want. Ready, go!!!!

questforSB7
12-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Tragic, but has nothing to do with Auburn beating Bama or Ohio St getting trucked by Florida St if they play. I'm sure there is a place for that somewhere though. Maybe we should all say a prayer for Paul Walker too. You know this old lady got hit by a drunk driver two miles from my house this morning when she was leaving church. We could talk about all the orphans that won't be having a Christmas this year too if you want. Ready, go!!!!

I heard about Walker yesterday. Kinda Ironic him dying while racing his new sports car. But the reason why I brought up the other thing was that...one..it is college football related. And two....It just seems sad that we, and more Importantly the national College football TV shows rather talk about the games...no matter how exciting...or the BCS Mess, rather then take even 1 minute to address a NCAA Players LIFE being lost. That was my point though. But I also feel for Paul Walker, and his family.

A clear example of ART Immatating Life.

Dean Denton
12-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I heard about Walker yesterday. Kinda Ironic him dying while racing his new sports car. But the reason why I brought up the other thing was that...one..it is college football related. And two....It just seems sad that we, and more Importantly the national College football TV shows rather talk about the games...no matter how exciting...or the BCS Mess, rather then take even 1 minute to address a NCAA Players LIFE being lost. That was my point though. But I also feel for Paul Walker, and his family.

A clear example of ART Immatating Life.

They do that to keep us distracted from important issues. They want us focused on the game not asking questions. You're right, there should be more discussion on tragic events but that's a buzz kill and they (government) don't want us paying attention to that kind of stuff. They want our attention on the game. I saw Zeitgeist the movie and I'm on to those bastards....:)

steelchamp204
12-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Agreed. Ohio St is not on the same level, but to be fair they have not lost in two years. Just don't see them being any better then Notre Dame last year.

They are on a completely higher level than ND was last season. OSU will win the title this season. Book it.

Bosa will look good in the BG after next season or after his JR as well.

questforSB7
12-02-2013, 01:50 AM
They are on a completely higher level than ND was last season. OSU will win the title this season. Book it.

Bosa will look good in the BG after next season or after his JR as well.

Ohio State has the easiest of all the schedules, and BARELY beat a Michigan team that was not even a top-100 college squad.

Please dude get real. Even if they do beat MSU....They will get crushed against Florida State.

Dean Denton
12-02-2013, 03:16 AM
Ohio State has the easiest of all the schedules, and BARELY beat a Michigan team that was not even a top-100 college squad.

Please dude get real. Even if they do beat MSU....They will get crushed against Florida State.

Agree yet again. Florida St, Bama and auburn truck Ohio by 21. Missouri is going to make some noise next week too. Love to see them vs. Florida st. Black and gold baby. They have the best uni's.

Rocky#20
12-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Vegas actually put Ohio State as a 2 and a half point favorite in a hypothetical game against Auburn. Alabama could sneak back in this if Michigan St. beats the Buckeyes and Missouri beats Auburn, neither outcome is farfetched.

K Train
12-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Bama/FSU is the game i wanted to see. Now FSU is just going to pummel some poor team

ChucktownSteeler
12-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I'll take Ohio State and the 21 points. I am not saying Ohio State will win, but I remember back in 2002 the same argument was heard how the Miami Hurricanes was going to destroy Ohio State. You may want to look up how that ended. Anything can happen in 1 game.

FSU beat a strong Clemson team, but so did South Carolina in rivalry week. Other than Clemson who has FSU beaten? Maryland? NC State?

steelchamp204
12-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I'll take Ohio State and the 21 points. I am not saying Ohio State will win, but I remember back in 2002 the same argument was heard how the Miami Hurricanes was going to destroy Ohio State. You may want to look up how that ended. Anything can happen in 1 game.

FSU beat a strong Clemson team, but so did South Carolina in rivalry week. Other than Clemson who has FSU beaten? Maryland? NC State?

If it is FSU vs. OSU. I have no idea how some think that OSU has no chance. I wouldn't be a surprise if FSU were the underdog going into the title game.

ChucktownSteeler
12-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Auburn beat a bad UGA team on a fluke tipped ball. Now they are the "team of destiny"? Tennessee upset South Carolina. Clemson lost to South Carolina.

In 1 game anything can happen. But first things first, OSU has to beat Michigan State.

questforSB7
12-02-2013, 07:06 PM
If it is FSU vs. OSU. I have no idea how some think that OSU has no chance. I wouldn't be a surprise if FSU were the underdog going into the title game.

You can't be serious Champ. I mean your Buckeye colors are showing. Ohio State's Defense is the single worst defense in the land I have ever seen. Michigan...who's offense wasn't ranked in the top-120 in college football, and who's offense had more total yards against Ohio State then in their past 4 games combined.

FSU will Destroy Ohio State. Sorry Champ but I am just keeping it real.

questforSB7
12-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Question: If Florida State goes to the BCS Title game, and wins it. And QB, Winston has a great game and is basically the best player on the field for them. Then after the game....The County's DA office then arrests Winston for that Sexual assault charge.....does that " Taint " FSU Victory ? I mean knowing that FSU has a clear written By-Law that states ANY FSU Athlete that is arrested and Charged with a crime will then be KICKED OFF their respected squad. I think that will basically show that the DA's Office had all the evidence to charge Winston BEFORE that National Championship game...but decided to wait til AFTER the game...so not to cause a potential Riot in the Community.

So I ask...will their title win be Tainted ?

steelchamp204
12-02-2013, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=questforSB7;566703]You can't be serious Champ. I mean your Buckeye colors are showing. Ohio State's Defense is the single worst defense in the land I have ever seen. Michigan...who's offense wasn't ranked in the top-120 in college football, and who's offense had more total yards against Ohio State then in their past 4 games combined.

I'm a PSU fan, but not blind. The OSU/Mich game was a hell of a good game. You can't knock OSU for that game, that was Michigans best shot all season with it being there last home game/senior day and playing the Buckeyes and a chance to upset them, they gave it there all that game. I'm telling ya, I might be a big 10 homer, but FSU biggest win came against Clemson, that's not saying much due to the fact that Boyd had issues showing up in big games. I'm not saying OSU is a lock, but I believe it is there year to win it all.

I think the worse thing for Winston between now and the Bowl game will be the media attention he gets for the accused rape he is part of as of now. I think that will wear on him during the bowl break and hamper his performance come the Natnl championship game.

Plus, I can't knock Urben Meyer even though I hate the man with a passion, he is a hell of a football coach.

EDIT:SOMEHOW YOUR QUOTE GOT SCREWED UP 7. I FAILED LOOOL

Dean Denton
12-03-2013, 02:46 AM
If they had the 4 team playoff system in place this year Alabama and Auburn would be in the national championship game. Florida vs Missouri would be the runners up. Ohio st wouldn't beat any of those 4. Unfortunately because the way the system is set up we are going to have to sit through Ohio st if they win Saturday. Blow out if they play for the title.