PDA

View Full Version : I Knew It - Pass Interference and Big Plays

Speeed
11-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Man, I knew that was coming, and I suspect everyone else did too - but not on the first drive of the game. I am convinced that PI calls are a factor for the Ravens offense. That play could possibly have been the play that won the game. Very frustrating. Other than a PI call, and a bomb, Flacco did not do too much. BR of course, had two drives down field. Too little too late.

That fact that BR came back strong is even more frustrating when two single plays by the Ravens gave them the edge. The methodical, pragmatic approach the Steelers seemingly take sometimes is maddening. Big plays were pretty much non existent for the Steelers last night. Here is hoping for a few next game.

Real Deal Steel
11-29-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't want to win any more games. I would rather get in position to get Sammy Watkins.

LatrobePA
11-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Sure it's in their game plan, throw it up and hope for the PI call.. In Goodell they trust!

questforSB7
11-29-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't want to win any more games. I would rather get in position to get Sammy Watkins.

Be realistic....we aren't gonna be in a position to draft him regardless. I mean I have seen Mocks that have him going as high as 6th overall. But NO lower then 9th. So assume we LOSE 3 of our final 4 games. That still would put at LEAST 9 other teams ahead of us....maybe 10 if the Giants fail to win 3 of their final 5 games.

So even talking about Watkins is stupid at this point.

Real Deal Steel
11-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Be realistic....we aren't gonna be in a position to draft him regardless. I mean I have seen Mocks that have him going as high as 6th overall. But NO lower then 9th. So assume we LOSE 3 of our final 4 games. That still would put at LEAST 9 other teams ahead of us....maybe 10 if the Giants fail to win 3 of their final 5 games.

So even talking about Watkins is stupid at this point.

Dude, there are 4 games left, and even the Bucs have won three in a row. So you don't know if the Jags, Raiders or any of the other loser teams are going to string together a couple of wins or not.

Anything is possible this year. Watkins, Evans,...we need a true # 1 WR that is effective in the red zone.

MattatUT
11-29-2013, 10:55 AM
You guys are nuts talking about a WR. Yes, we could use one in the red zone, but we have other more pressing needs. We badly need some secondary help and a defensive tackle. There is a 380 pound guy out of Tennessee who would be perfect. Not sure about the secondary help, but man do we need it.

questforSB7
11-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Dude, there are 4 games left, and even the Bucs have won three in a row. So you don't know if the Jags, Raiders or any of the other loser teams are going to string together a couple of wins or not.

Anything is possible this year. Watkins, Evans,...we need a true # 1 WR that is effective in the red zone.

You are right. But what is more likely ? The Jags winning, the Raiders winning...or US Winning a couple of Meanningless games ? Check your History my man. Bottom line, we win 6 total games, and at the BEST, and I mean at the best case scenario we end uo drafting 8th. And even though that IS a pretty good position, I think it also means we would just miss out on Watkins. Not that the Steelers woulkd select him....just trying to educate you.

jdehoff83
11-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Huddle up boys! Wacko looks down at wristband then looks at torre..we need that yellow torre.. but joeee i wanna catch the ball...no torre ! This is a sure thing ...okayyyyy as torre sadly jogs out to the line of scrimmage

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Let's be honest, Ike was mugging his man. I thought the refs let a lot go. The first bomb that Flacco threw gets called as PI in most games and they let it go.

Nolrog
11-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Sure it's in their game plan, throw it up and hope for the PI call.. In Goodell they trust!

That's the NFL today though. Anytime a receiver does not catch the ball, there's at least a 50/50 chance there's interference, even if there's no one around him.

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 03:00 PM
That's the NFL today though. Anytime a receiver does not catch the ball, there's at least a 50/50 chance there's interference, even if there's no one around him.

Fact.