PDA

View Full Version : Sanders needs to go ASAP!

Clevelandsux
11-28-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm sick of people making excuses for this guy. He's a butterfingered piece of ****!

Clevelandsux
11-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Please don't resign this *******!

teeceemadison
11-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Agreed, he dropped quite a few along with the biggest at the end of the game....

BubbyBlister
11-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Totally agreed! Ben played a great game but do not throw to the wr with the worse hands when the game is on the line. Sanders is worthless!

NYCsteelersfan
11-28-2013, 11:43 PM
That's the "number 2" receiver. He's great. And this receiving corps is better than New England's, Denver's and Green Bay's. Roethlisberger just needs to complete 75 percent of his passes.

questforSB7
11-28-2013, 11:45 PM
That's what Sanders does...especially on CRUCIAL plays. I blame Tomlin...maybe even Ben more then I do Sanders. I mean they KNOW what this fool is like. You have Heath...Cotchery and his Glue like hands...Johnson...and you KNOW he will never drop two in a row...Brown, ect. And they go to the 2013 version of " Dwight Stone "

Our season is NOT over if we can win em all.....But Why do I feel we will do another Mike Tomlin special. Win our final 3 aty home....and lose at Green Bay...and we are 8-8 AGAIN....Missing the playoffs, and missing out on a decent draft selection.

Oh well. I give credit to Ben. He at least TRIED to pull it out.. Just too many easy drops tonight. My final count is 9 easy drops...One in the endzone..and the Sanders 2 Pt one as well.

So, 10 days off to get ready for....whoever!!!

LevonKirkland99
11-28-2013, 11:45 PM
That drop was a killer...oh well, lets look forward to the draft.

Clevelandsux
11-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Whatever NYC. Sanders stinks. He dropped 3 key passes in this game. Please don't resign him.

Troyisabeast_43
11-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Baltimore still has to play at Detroit,New England and at Cincinnati and San Diego has a tough schedule and the Steelers still get to play Miami next week and can get the tiebraker over them....So just gotta win next week and keep playing...

BubbyBlister
11-28-2013, 11:49 PM
That's what Sanders does...especially on CRUCIAL plays. I blame Tomlin...maybe even Ben more then I do Sanders. I mean they KNOW what this fool is like. You have Heath...Cotchery and his Glue like hands...Johnson...and you KNOW he will never drop two in a row...Brown, ect. And they go to the 2013 version of " Dwight Stone "

Our season is NOT over if we can win em all.....But Why do I feel we will do another Mike Tomlin special. Win our final 3 aty home....and lose at Green Bay...and we are 8-8 AGAIN....Missing the playoffs, and missing out on a decent draft selection.

Oh well. I give credit to Ben. He at least TRIED to pull it out.. Just too many easy drops tonight. My final count is 9 easy drops...One in the endzone..and the Sanders 2 Pt one as well.

So, 10 days off to get ready for....whoever!!! Well said post by you and one I can agree with for all counts.

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2013, 11:51 PM
No...

That was our # 2 Wr. The question that needs to be asked is, " Why didn't you run an isolation formation for your # 1 WR.??????"

Obviously they have no confidence in their # 1 WR with the game on the line. And isn't that why we've been screaming for a big body WR around here for years??

And that is why certain posters around here insist that Brown isn't a true # 1 WR. As much as I love Brown, he's not a red zone threat per say.

Calvin Johnson is a red zone threat.
Larry Fitz is a red zone threat.
Andre Johnson is a red zone threat.
Dez Bryant is a red zone threat.
Deymarius Thomas is a red zone threat.

Big body wide receivers who are beast if guarded one on one in the red zone.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Sanders is a soft pansy and I was hoping the Steelers wouldn't have matched the Pats offer sheet.......So glad Moye continues to be inactive on gamedays.....His 6-5 height could have been useful on that 2 point play.....

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2013, 11:54 PM
They didn't try to run a bunch formation on one side, and isolate Brown on the other side and force safety coverage to the bunch. Then, you go to Brown. Isn't he your # 1 WR? Oh..no confidence with the game on the line of your # 1 WR? Oh..okay.

steelersbabex25
11-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Oh come on, everyone. If he had caught that pass it would have been miraculous. From one of the camera views you can clearly see he was completely screened by whoever was covering him. He couldn't even see the ball.

I agree with Real Deal Steel. How are you gonna go to Emmanuel Sanders to begin with on an all or nothing play? You've got Brown, you've got Heath, hell you've even got Cotch. In addition to that, how are you gonna have Will Johnson out on a 3rd and goal when you need that TD? That whole final 5 plays was just bizarre play calling.

Real Deal Steel
11-29-2013, 12:07 AM
I'm running a bunch formation on one side, and having Brown on the other side and forcing safety coverage to the bunch. Then I'm going to Brown for an all or nothing play. You go out with your Stud (or supposed Stud) player!

It's veeeeeeeery obvious to all of us right now that they don't believe in Brown in the red zone with the season on the line. It can't get more obvious then playing your most hated rival and not going to your supposed # 1 WR.

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Whatever NYC. Sanders stinks. He dropped 3 key passes in this game. Please don't resign him.

I was being completely sarcastic. Sanders is a #3 receiver on a bad team.

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 12:12 AM
lol people blaming the team for throwing the ball to the #2 WR instead of asking WHY that sucker is the team's #2. And everyone is forgetting the other ball he let go right through his hands along the sideline.

Brown, Sanders, Cotchery = a joke of a receiving corps relative to the good teams in the league.

LevonKirkland99
11-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Oh come on, everyone. If he had caught that pass it would have been miraculous. From one of the camera views you can clearly see he was completely screened by whoever was covering him. He couldn't even see the ball.

I agree with Real Deal Steel. How are you gonna go to Emmanuel Sanders to begin with on an all or nothing play? You've got Brown, you've got Heath, hell you've even got Cotch. In addition to that, how are you gonna have Will Johnson out on a 3rd and goal when you need that TD? That whole final 5 plays was just bizarre play calling.

That stupid Johnson dropped the football which is in my opinion was worse than Sanders.

steelersbabex25
11-29-2013, 12:15 AM
That stupid Johnson dropped the football which is in my opinion was worse than Sanders.

Yeah it should have been caught...but my point is WHY IN THE WORLD are you even looking to WILL JOHNSON who hadn't played or caught a pass all game on such an important play. It makes no sense. Why was he even in the game at that point.

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 12:15 AM

Agreed. That drop was worse, but they still scored.

LevonKirkland99
11-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Yeah it should have been caught...but my point is WHY IN THE WORLD are you even looking to WILL JOHNSON who hadn't played or caught a pass all game on such an important play. It makes no sense. Why was he even in the game at that point.

Because we failed in coaching and execution tonight... poor play by Polamalu should be blamed on LeBeau...It's just been that kind of season

Real Deal Steel
11-29-2013, 12:21 AM
I am so sick of Polamalu gambling and coming up empty most of the time.

He allowed Rice to get 30 yards by blitzing instead of being in coverage the way the defense was called for. I don't want to see Troy on this team next year. He can go do hair commercials for a living.

that was a huge, huge..play in the game that @ucked he up on that gave the Ravens life.

steelersbabex25
11-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Anyone notice that Polamalu was listed as an LB tonight? I don't know if that's something new, I just noticed it though.

Real Deal Steel
11-29-2013, 12:32 AM
He might as well be listed as a line backer. Because he sure gives me no "safety" in the secondary.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2013, 12:36 AM
I am so sick of Polamalu gambling and coming up empty most of the time.

He allowed Rice to get 30 yards by blitzing instead of being in coverage the way the defense was called for. I don't want to see Troy on this team next year. He can go do hair commercials for a living.

that was a huge, huge..play in the game that @ucked he up on that gave the Ravens life.

THANK YOU about Troy but when I knock the guy and have been for a very long time then I'm not a true fan or an idiot......Troy strong suit has never been coverage but he excels in LeBeau's rover position........LeBeau did the samething with David Fulcher when LeBeau was on the Bengals coaching staff in the 80s..........I prefer safety's that actually can cover....Carnell Lake still remains the best Steelers safety that I have seen.....I didn't see Wagner or Shell in the 70s..........

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Blaming the defense for points allowed is a bit unfair. Blaming them for not picking off INT master Flacco on those blind hail marys is a legitimate gripe. This defense cannot produce turnovers when they should be produced.

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 12:41 AM
Polamalu has been one of my favorite players. He used to scare QBs, now he goes unnoticed, it's time for him to be put out to pasture. Ike "no INT ever" Taylor as well.

Real Deal Steel
11-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Blaming the defense for points allowed is a bit unfair. Blaming them for not picking off INT master Flacco on those blind hail marys is a legitimate gripe. This defense cannot produce turnovers when they should be produced.

It's very obvious to me that Colbert refuses to invest in a serious draft pick for a top graded WR or cornerback.

He's content with cornball guys like Ike Taylor.

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 12:53 AM
It's very obvious to me that Colbert refuses to invest in a serious draft pick for a top graded WR or cornerback.

He's content with cornball guys like Ike Taylor.

Oldest defense in the league. Foote, Taylor, Polamalu and Clark all need to be dumped after the season. Offensive lineman or WR in the first round.

Decastro and Velasco are the brightest spots of the season. If Velasco is okay, I'll be happy with the o-line next season even with those two and no one added through the draft. The receivers and defense need to be addressed.

questforSB7
11-29-2013, 12:59 AM
On the plus side...Colbert should be happy he will be getting a sweet Christmas card and fruit cake from New England, thanking him for matching the Sanders offer sheet!!

BubbyBlister
11-29-2013, 01:04 AM

Yep agree with him when I was said it way before him you don't go to Sanders.

BubbyBlister
11-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Another thing that went unnoticed tonight by most how Jarvis Jones is crap and that boy needs to hit the weights and roids and just cause you rule in college doesn't always transfer into the NFL.

Clevelandsux
11-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Sanders gets my turkey award for this game.

BubbyBlister
11-29-2013, 01:16 AM
Sanders gets my turkey award for this game. Yep and don't looking forward to seeing him after this season. I don't give a crap how much talent you have and speed being a wr. I'll take one that can catch over that every time and let him be another teams burden next year.

Clevelandsux
11-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Steelers only signed him for one year. I think with the loss of Wallace, they couldn't afford to lose sanders. But I think he's gone after this year. Another Limas sweed.

BubbyBlister
11-29-2013, 01:53 AM
Steelers only signed him for one year. I think with the loss of Wallace, they couldn't afford to lose sanders. But I think he's gone after this year. Another Limas sweed. He will be replaced by Wheaton who will only drop 1 pass out of 3 so will be a upgrade. Good riddance Sanders.

SteelCityKid5
11-29-2013, 03:05 AM
Ive said it before, go and check, that I wanted the Patriots 3rd rounder over Sanders this offseason but I will say that I do not peg a game solely on one guy. It is a team game. Nonetheless, he has to make that last play. Now, if we let him walk we get nothing in return. Yay!

BubbyBlister
11-29-2013, 03:08 AM
Ive said it before, go and check, that I wanted the Patriots 3rd rounder over Sanders this offseason but I will say that I do not peg a game solely on one guy. It is a team game. Nonetheless, he has to make that last play. Now, if we let him walk we get nothing in return. Yay! I think most here was hoping we would get the 3rd instead.

Mike Tomlin
11-29-2013, 03:28 AM
Sanders not only dropped the ball on us, he dropped it on his self as far as his career goes. Of course it's not over but this game is going to stick with him for a while. It wasn't even about that last drop it was the whole game, if he holds on to half of those balls I think we win that game. I mean every big time catch or play that was put on his shoulders to make was a letdown. I feel like he was the only person on offense that didn't step up when needed Bell, Brown ,Heath, Cotch, everyone held on to the rope except him. I thought he was really good his rookie year, but it's been downhill every since. Tonight was the last straw for me, he's had drops all year but every single big time situation he just could not make the play. By the 3rd quarter I was done .

I don't think it was a bad play call on either Sanders or Johnson. The Johnson play was brilliant last week..........because he held on to the ball right? Sanders had a chance to catch the ball and of course he did what he does. Blame the people who dropped the ball. When Ben snaps the ball if he feels the primary is covered he has other options. Ben made good decisions on both he was just let down on the other end.What really upsets me is to see Bell put it all on the line like that knowing the hit he was about to take ,tryin to do whatever he can for the team get's knocked completely out and you can't hang on to these balls that are hitting you in the hands? I think Bell gained a lot of respect from everybody not only on that play but the way he got tough yards all night.

The whole number 1 argument doesn't really matter, Brown is our 1 because he has to be. With that said he leads the league in catches and is probably on the way to the probowl ,so I think he's doing a pretty good job at it. There are going to be games where guys take your number 1 away no matter how big or how fast they are. I get the argument about the size because in certain situations you need a bigger threat like the last few plays tonight, other times having a smaller 1 is a better match up like last week. I feel like even if we got a big receiver that would be considered a 1 we would end up with a 1a-1b situation because I think Brown would be the best option and most likely the quickest to come open with the more field we have to work with because of his style of play. When the field becomes compressed(redzone) then the bigger guy would get more targets just because you can't double him there with Heath , Brown , and Bell as threats to score. So even if we get a bigger guy I don't think either would be the sole 1. (In my best Sanders voice) At the end of the day he just didn't get it done..........in anyway. I think he's done with the steelers and he should be. True the game wasn't solely on him but it was set up too many times for him to be the hero and he was not ready for it.

Real Deal Steel
11-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Love what you just said but I disagree with the Brown part of it.

Brown IS our defacto number 1 WR. But is he a number one wide receiver in the true sense of the meaning around the league? No. And him not being a red zone threat at all proves that.

All the other true number one WR around the league I see are red zone threat.

Julio Jones
Roddy White
Dez Bryant
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson

True # 1 wide receivers are threats ALL OVER THE FIELD. Not just between the 20 yard lines of the field. I love Brown. And he should make the pro bowl for all the catches he's making. But those catches are between the 20's.

LatrobePA
11-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Sanders posting on FB about balling out hours B4 the game... He did no such thing, more of the opposite!!

I'm not a huge Sanders fan, never was! Man that 3rd round pick is looking good now!!

steelersbabex25
11-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Mike Tomlin when being asked why Sanders would be the #1 read on that play: "I didn't say he was."

Hm..

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 01:40 PM
People trying to deflect any blame away from Sanders and onto the play call is pathetic. Ball was in his hands. A good receiver makes that catch. He let another go right through his hands. Who cares why it was thrown to him. Tge fact is that it was thrown to him, it wad a good throw, and he dropped it like the bum that he is.

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 01:40 PM
People seem to forget that Velasco went out on that series.