PDA

View Full Version : Please Haley, be aggressive today.

steelchamp204
11-28-2013, 09:23 AM
This team needs to come out passing the ball and taking some shots early. I believe for the Steelers to win they have to at least put up 17 but half. I think they can do it by the way they are rolling with momentum. Have Ben do the no huddle the complete game if he wants.

Also, please no end arounds when we get to the Ravens 40 or so. Then work with Bell running the ball and some rb screens to the outside with Gilbert/DeCastro.

LatrobePA
11-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Agree, need to build an early lead so the D can pin their ears back and get after mr. SB MVP Flucco!!

questforSB7
11-28-2013, 11:03 AM
The No guddle is fine. But, it also can hurt us as well. Last week, we ran it alot. Maybe the most we ever have. Now against Cleveland that may be okay. However, one of our best players this year has been Cotchery. And because of that no hiddle, Cotchery was not on the field alot last week. And he did not get a catch the entire game. However, against this Baltimore team, I feel Cotchery could be a HUGE Key for Ben and our offense. Baltimore's Nickle guys are not that great. And against a Savey Vet with some size and strength, Cotchery COULD be a great advantage. So yeah, I wanna see a no huddle to try and keep the Baltimore base defense on the field and not allow them to make substitutions....but I also wanna see Cotchery on the field to take advantage of the Baltimore players that have to cover him cause I don't think they can. Maybe starting Cotchery in the steelers base offense over Sanders might be a way to go.

steelchamp204
11-28-2013, 11:33 AM
The No guddle is fine. But, it also can hurt us as well. Last week, we ran it alot. Maybe the most we ever have. Now against Cleveland that may be okay. However, one of our best players this year has been Cotchery. And because of that no hiddle, Cotchery was not on the field alot last week. And he did not get a catch the entire game. However, against this Baltimore team, I feel Cotchery could be a HUGE Key for Ben and our offense. Baltimore's Nickle guys are not that great. And against a Savey Vet with some size and strength, Cotchery COULD be a great advantage. So yeah, I wanna see a no huddle to try and keep the Baltimore base defense on the field and not allow them to make substitutions....but I also wanna see Cotchery on the field to take advantage of the Baltimore players that have to cover him cause I don't think they can. Maybe starting Cotchery in the steelers base offense over Sanders might be a way to go.

Sanders is fine, I'd like to see more Wheaton in all honesty to see how he fairs in a huge game like this. Not saying he needs to see every snap, but I would like to see Sander/Cotchery get most of the reps, but throw Wheatons way about 4 times and see what he can give.

I would rather lose this game and the season playing balls to the wall than to play conservative and a tight scoring game. A win is a win, but they need to play aggressive.

SteelCityKid5
11-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Hey you crazy bastards... I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you... you all make it fun on here, biased and unbiased! Screw the Ravens evermore!

Big T
11-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Hey you crazy bastards... I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you... you all make it fun on here, biased and unbiased! Screw the Ravens evermore!

Well said haha. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

LevonKirkland99
11-28-2013, 01:17 PM
As long as they don't commit any stupid mistakes, we should win this one. The Ravens don't scare anybody

questforSB7
11-28-2013, 01:37 PM
As long as they don't commit any stupid mistakes, we should win this one. The Ravens don't scare anybody

You say they don't scare anyone. But they as sure aren't scared of anyone themselves...at least not at home. They are 4-1. With their only loss to Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers playing, and still only losing by 2. So they are no push over at Home.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2013, 02:42 PM
The only thing about running the no huddle on the road the OL better be disciplined and not commit to many pre-snap penalties especially in Baltimore which is a very loud stadium......But I agree the Steelers need to be aggressive and early......I hope the Steelers jump to a quick 10+ lead in the game tonight....

Nolrog
11-28-2013, 06:52 PM
After a totally **** day (somewhat literally), I'm looking forward to the game.

Clevelandsux
11-28-2013, 09:08 PM
5 straight runs?

steelchamp204
11-28-2013, 09:56 PM
10-0 first half. WAY TO BREAK OUR ****ING HEARTS.

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 01:50 AM
This team needs to come out passing the ball and taking some shots early. I believe for the Steelers to win they have to at least put up 17 but half. I think they can do it by the way they are rolling with momentum. Have Ben do the no huddle the complete game if he wants.

Also, please no end arounds when we get to the Ravens 40 or so. Then work with Bell running the ball and some rb screens to the outside with Gilbert/DeCastro.

lol so much for that.

steelchamp204
11-29-2013, 07:28 AM
lol so much for that.

True that. This team is only a 1 half team it seems this season. Once and a while they play all 4 quarters.

Real Deal Steel
11-29-2013, 08:19 AM
The only thing about running the no huddle on the road the OL better be disciplined and not commit to many pre-snap penalties especially in Baltimore which is a very loud stadium......But I agree the Steelers need to be aggressive and early......I hope the Steelers jump to a quick 10+ lead in the game tonight....

Funny how BG, me and a large portion of the posters in here knew that we needed to come out and be aggressive yet the Haley and Tomlin obviously didn't.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Funny how BG, me and a large portion of the posters in here knew that we needed to come out and be aggressive yet the Haley and Tomlin obviously didn't.

Cause we have to have a ball control offense to help out our great defense....lol I swear its time for the Steelers to wake up and realize the new NFL is all about scoring fast and getting as many offensive possessions you can have but no we want to control the clock and limit our offensive possessions....Just stupid......

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 01:30 PM
True that. This team is only a 1 half team it seems this season. Once and a while they play all 4 quarters.

I don't blame the players. The coaching staff is responsible, and one really does have to ask if ownership dictates a conservative style of play.

The Steelers first series versus the Ravens first series showed everyone the difference between a team stuck in the past and a modern NFL team. Inferior QB comes out throwing bombs while the superior QB comes out handing the ball off on three straight plays.

Big T
11-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I don't blame the players. The coaching staff is responsible, and one really does have to ask if ownership dictates a conservative style of play.

The Steelers first series versus the Ravens first series showed everyone the difference between a team stuck in the past and a modern NFL team. Inferior QB comes out throwing bombs while the superior QB comes out handing the ball off on three straight plays.

The superior QB is the one who checked to a run on third down based on the defense. That was Ben. Not Haley, not Tomlin, not Art... Ben. Fact.

NYCsteelersfan
11-29-2013, 03:55 PM
The superior QB is the one who checked to a run on third down based on the defense. That was Ben. Not Haley, not Tomlin, not Art... Ben. Fact.

You keep citing the fact that Roethlisberger audibled on that first 3rd down just like Banana boy keeps citing it as if that negates the rest of the flat and ultra conservative first-half game plan.

Do you deny the entire first half's game plan was horribly flat and overly conservative?

Big T
11-29-2013, 04:00 PM
You keep citing the fact that Roethlisberger audibled on that first 3rd down just like Banana boy keeps citing it as if that negates the rest of the flat and ultra conservative first-half game plan.

Do you deny the entire first half's game plan was horribly flat and overly conservative?

Absolutely not. It absolutely was. I wasn't even really disagreeing with you. It's just the fact that everyone keeps referring to Haley calling 3 straight runs or blaming the staff for it. 3 straight runs were called to start the game. Haley was responsible or the first two, Ben for the 3rd.

Absolutely the gameplan was conservative and flat. No doubt. Obviously that needs changed. But even Ben said he should've started going no huddle in the first half. Bad game planning, conservative, absolutely, but Ben isn't completely blameless either because he could've gone no huddle in the first half. And no, I don't think Ben is the problem with this team (one of the very few bright spots for the most part).

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Steelers only ran 5 no huddle plays in the first half.....

If only the Offensive Coordinator put the game in Ben's hands in the first half instead of waiting until they were down by double digits late to let Ben loose.

Boggles my mind that some fans don't think Todd Haley is a major problem and really does handcuff Ben at times....

Big T
11-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Steelers only ran 5 no huddle plays in the first half.....

If only the Offensive Coordinator put the game in Ben's hands in the first half instead of waiting until they were down by double digits late to let Ben loose.

Boggles my mind that some fans don't think Todd Haley is a major problem and really does handcuff Ben at times....

Not sure if you are referring to me or not, but Haley absolutely is a problem. Me pointing out that Ben called the 3rd down run wasn't to defend Haley, not at all.

But at some point when the game plan isn't working Ben has to realize that he can do something about it go no huddle. He admitted that himself. It just sucks that he didn't act on it.

questforSB7
11-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Not sure if you are referring to me or not, but Haley absolutely is a problem. Me pointing out that Ben called the 3rd down run wasn't to defend Haley, not at all.

But at some point when the game plan isn't working Ben has to realize that he can do something about it go no huddle. He admitted that himself. It just sucks that he didn't act on it.

Bruce Ariens wasn't any better...so what is the solution ?

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2013, 04:31 PM

I don't put you in the Todd Haley defenders list Big T....lol Ben did check to a run on the first 3rd down of the game....But still the first five plays were runs and I think only one of those was Ben's call in those first five.....

Big T
11-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Bruce Ariens wasn't any better...so what is the solution ?

Trust me, I don't miss BA, but it's just not working out with Haley. I don't think he's been as terrible as many believe (outside of last night lol). He's called a handful of very good games this year but I think it'll be time to move on. While I think the relationship issues between he and Ben have been blown up bigger than they are, there's obviously something off.

My solution? Fire Haley after the season and give Ben a substantial amount of input on who they hire next.

LatrobePA
11-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Right, maybe treat Ben with the respect he deserves and let him have some day in who they hire..