PDA

View Full Version : Schottenheimer Fired..

Hawk Believer
02-12-2007, 09:12 PM
ESPN is breaking news that Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer just got fired....

House of Steel
02-12-2007, 09:15 PM
OH BOY!!! I didn't see this coming, I thought maybe one more season in San Diego. DAMN!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow, after they just went through all that to try and lock him up for another year !

I feel bad for the guy, he's a good man and a good coach. He just never seemed to have the knack for getting past the hump of that big game.

Koopa
02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
this is crazy, i thought he'd have at least another year................but like i said on my site..........this is the perfect chance for ron rivera, he'll be going into a great situation and will win right away, not the superbowl cause tomlin is winning it next year but he'll come in and do good right away lol

Blitzburgh55
02-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Their retarts if youre gonna fire someone do it earilier

SteelerFan87
02-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I SO posted this first in the shoutbox. :lol:

Anyway, I'll laugh when the Chargers miss the playoffs next year and the GM who hates Marty gets fired. :lol:

Koopa
02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
I SO posted this first in the shoutbox. :lol:

Anyway, I'll laugh when the Chargers miss the playoffs next year and the GM who hates Marty gets fired. :lol:

marty isn't the reason that team was good, it was just badass players, ron rivera will get them to the afc championship game where we will beat them with ease on our way to win our 6th superbowl lol

K Train
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
they should offer cowher $10 million...so we can get some draft picks and players lol

Black@Gold Forever32
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Kind of weird timing by the Chargers to fire Marty. Both their OC and DC have left to become HC's. You would have thought if they were going to fire Marty that they would one of their cordinators to take over the HC duties. The Bolts still have Ron Rivera out there. But I'm hoping Mike Singletary gets a look as well. I like Singletary, he was a great player and I saw him coaching during Senior Bowl week. He looks like he would make a good HC.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-12-2007, 10:02 PM
. You would have thought if they were going to fire Marty that they would one of their cordinators to take over the HC duties.

Why should they want one of their coordinators?? We didn't...lol

Koopa
02-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Kind of weird timing by the Chargers to fire Marty. Both their OC and DC have left to become HC's. You would have thought if they were going to fire Marty that they would one of their cordinators to take over the HC duties. The Bolts still have Ron Rivera out there. But I'm hoping Mike Singletary gets a look as well. I like Singletary, he was a great player and I saw him coaching during Senior Bowl week. He looks like he would make a good HC.

no no, rivera is the only minority they need to interview, and the only person they need to interview period lol..................

Black@Gold Forever32
02-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Why should they want one of their coordinators?? We didn't...lol

Well the Chargers are close to being a Super Bowl team. You would think they would have promoted within since they were so close. I know the Steelers are just a year off from a Super Bowl championship but still the Steelers took a step back this year so more of a shake up was needed in my eyes.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-12-2007, 10:11 PM
no no, rivera is the only minority they need to interview, and the only person they need to interview period lol..................

You can interview more then one minority.lol Both Rivera and Singletary got an interview with the Cowboys. Mark my words Mike Singletary will be a good NFL HC. Just wait and see.

TampaSteelGirl
02-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm really shocked!

Koopa
02-12-2007, 10:20 PM
You can interview more then one minority.lol Both Rivera and Singletary got an interview with the Cowboys. Mark my words Mike Singletary will be a good NFL HC. Just wait and see.

i'm not saying he won't, i just want a Hispanic to coach in the nfl, there's enough black folks getting their chance to shine, now it's time for latins to take over the bish lol

Hawk Believer
02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
i'm not saying he won't, i just want a Hispanic to coach in the nfl, there's enough black folks getting their chance to shine, now it's time for latins to take over the bish lol

What, Flores wasn't enough for you?:greengrin:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-12-2007, 10:36 PM
What, Flores wasn't enough for you?:greengrin:

Koop was to young when Tom Flores was winning Super Bowls as HC of Da Raiders.lol Hell he wasn't even born yet when the Raiders last won the Super Bowl.:bluelol:

Koopa
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
lol, now it's time for rivera to come along and lose to us in the afc championship game lol

Black@Gold Forever32
02-12-2007, 10:40 PM

I hear ya Koop, and Rivera will be a HC. Plus I think he will be a very good NFL HC. I'm sure the Chargers will give him an interview.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-13-2007, 12:36 AM
I suspect the chargers already have there replacement for marty! You do not fire a coach this close to the combine. Without somone waiting in the wings. No it is no rivera.

Ambridge
02-13-2007, 01:21 AM
I suspect the chargers already have there replacement for marty! You do not fire a coach this close to the combine. Without somone waiting in the wings. No it is no rivera.

This sounds like a knee-jerk reaction by Chargers owner Dean Spanos especially after Marty got a vote of confidence a few days after losing to the Patriots in the playoffs.

I heard a "kicking and screaming" Jerry Jones announce that he is holding a press conference tomorrow to see if he can have a "Mulligan"/do-over and unhire Wade Phillips and interview Marty for the Cowboys head coach position.

Good luck Marty!!

Steelerlyn
02-13-2007, 01:53 AM
After a 14-2 season?

DIESELMAN
02-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Marty was offered a 1 year extension with a buy out clause and he turned it down. Marty and Smith haven't been seeing eye to eye the past few years, so throw all that together plus the playoff losses and there ya go. With that being said it was **** poor timing.

BB2W
02-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Well... I guess Marty and A.J. Smith had their final disagreement.

ESPN said they disagreed on Marty's replacements for Cam Cameron and Wade Phillips... Spanos said when he decided to bring Marty back for another year it was with the thinking his coaching staff would remain intact.

BlackGold4vr
02-13-2007, 08:25 AM
I say they are better off! This guy has proven time after time that he can find ways to lose with great teams! The only question that I have is if he was on that shaky of ground that his assistant coach hirings brought him down.....why did they retain him in the first place? Kinda dumb on managements part to wait until every other team has sorted through all the new head coach candidates and picked out the best ones before you get to choose! I mean c'mon you already missed your chance to grab Lane Kiffin! :rofl:

Ambridge
02-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Just heard John Clayton on "Mike and Mike in the Morning" say that Marty also has a residence in North Carolina and will probably be playing lots of golf with Bill Cowher this upcoming year.

He also went on to say that since these two both have coached in Cleveland that they will be on the Browns head coach radar after the '07 season.

House of Steel
02-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Schottenheimer returning to Cleveland? LMAO That will be the day, you watch the city of Cleveland throw a party like it is 1986 again when them two fools come back into this ungrateful hellhole. I am glad I am officially moving out of Cleveland later this year and moving to burb called Brooklyn, Ohio.

BB2W
02-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Marty was just on Sportscenter and he said the relationship he had with GM A.J. Smith was so bad that they communicated through a third party... It had been that way for a few years.

:girlfight:

SteelerFan87
02-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Way to suck AJ Smith. You got a guy who took over a terrible team and made it a consistant playoff contender, and you got him fired because he wasn't "your guy". I can't wait for the Chargers to miss the playoffs next year and for Spanos to fire Smith.