PDA

View Full Version : so the offense manages 27 points...and we still lose....

teeceemadison
09-30-2013, 08:49 PM
i cant even remember the last time this team scored 27 or better....

what a sad picture that paints...we complained about how haley and his offense, suck, yet we manage to score more than enuff to win...and the defense craps the bed...

can we continue to put up that kind of pointage??? if we so, does that bode well if the defense gets its swagger back...or was this just a one time lucky shot and we go back to the 12-13 points average again???

TarlsQtr
09-30-2013, 08:56 PM
i cant even remember the last time this team scored 27 or better....

what a sad picture that paints...we complained about how haley and his offense, suck, yet we manage to score more than enuff to win...and the defense craps the bed...

can we continue to put up that kind of pointage??? if we so, does that bode well if the defense gets its swagger back...or was this just a one time lucky shot and we go back to the 12-13 points average again???

Not to burst your bubble, but we are the only team NOT to score 30 on Minnesota so far this year. If we put up 27 on the Jets, then I will feel better about our offense. I am not optimistic though.

LatrobePA
09-30-2013, 09:00 PM
We put up the lowest amount of points on them. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/01/9ybahena.jpg

teeceemadison
09-30-2013, 09:04 PM
well, say we put up that kind of points against the jets....does it mean anything, or is is just 'two shots' in the dark...???

with a normal defensive game we should see from the steelers......is that a win?? do we now have a trend??

LatrobePA
09-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Jets have a decent pass rush and Rex knows what needs to be done... No cake walk!!

TarlsQtr
09-30-2013, 09:11 PM
If we score 27 on the Jets, I would be ecstatic. As Latrobe said, the Jets D is still really tough. That would be a win. NO WAY the Jets score more than that on us without a bunch of turnovers and special teams TDs.

Again, I do not see us scoring 27 though.

questforSB7
09-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Yes all those teams scored over 30 on the Vikes, but, they also faced Ponder, we faced Cassel. Ponder gave SEVERAL GIFTS to all those teams that gave those other teams points, or set them up for easy scores. As where Cassel did not. So 27 is not bad. Especially when you consider we got damn near 500 yards of offense. How much offensive yardage did those other teams get ?

LatrobePA
09-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Doesn't matter we faced an fn back up!! Hoyer beat the Vikes in their dome!!!

questforSB7
09-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Doesn't matter we faced an fn back up!! Hoyer beat the Vikes in their dome!!!

Did Hoyer and the Browns face Cassel ? No. They faced Ponder, who gave the ball away 3 times, 2 of which set-up the Browns offense inside the Vikes 30 yard line.

BIG difference there Hommie!!

Dean Denton
09-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Did Hoyer and the Browns face Cassel ? No. They faced Ponder, who gave the ball away 3 times, 2 of which set-up the Browns offense inside the Vikes 30 yard line.

BIG difference there Hommie!! The Browns still got turnovers, gifted or not. We can't buy a turnover this season. Did the Browns give up 140 to Adrian?

questforSB7
09-30-2013, 11:30 PM
The Browns still got turnovers, gifted or not. We can't buy a turnover this season. Did the Browns give up 140 to Adrian?

The whole point of the thread was offense, not defense. Tarlsqtr said that ALL the other teams scored over 30 on Minny...so 27 by us was not all that great. And my poi nt was that ALL those other teams not only faced Ponder...who has more 2 and outs then any QB, therefor the opposing team gets more chances on Offense then the Steelers did because Cassel was great at sustaining drives. But those other teams only got over 30 BECAUSE Ponder turned it over so many times. As where the Steelers scored 27 LEGIT points without being set-up on a short field with a turnover.

Get it now son ?

SuperSteelers
10-01-2013, 02:18 AM
The whole point of the thread was offense, not defense. Tarlsqtr said that ALL the other teams scored over 30 on Minny...so 27 by us was not all that great. And my poi nt was that ALL those other teams not only faced Ponder...who has more 2 and outs then any QB, therefor the opposing team gets more chances on Offense then the Steelers did because Cassel was great at sustaining drives. But those other teams only got over 30 BECAUSE Ponder turned it over so many times. As where the Steelers scored 27 LEGIT points without being set-up on a short field with a turnover.

Get it now son ?

I'm curious if you work or actually have a hobby other than this message board? 700+ posts in less than a month. Wowzer

Dean Denton
10-01-2013, 03:00 AM

Get it now son ? yeah I get that but when talking about the game within the game there are far more factors. Cassel doesn't scare anyone and he was far better coached when he was in New England and we owned his a$$ that night. Wasn't even a game. So I don't think the Vikings swapping QB's was the issue. We still should have had our way with the entire team. I was just referring to it not making a difference who there QB was. Son....

LatrobePA
10-01-2013, 06:27 AM

You're stupid "hommie" go play with your Legos little child...

Speeed
10-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Which would not have happened if they were playing Pittsbuurgh. Those turnovers would not have happened. So that becomes moot. Had they even happened, the Steelers would only have made field goals for 6 points. Both of those scenarios are historically true. Zero turnovers and walking away with FG's instead of 7 in in the red zone.

Tango-9
10-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Looking at the game again, the one pick was on a scramble and it was to Sanders who went left when he should have gone right (from Ben's perspective). The fumble was just... mechanics and getting owned. I expect perfection on every play because I'm a Steeler fan.

Wife and I argue over this point: I expect to "win" every play, regardless of score. She says "look at the big picture." I say "go get the friggin nachos!" (in my head).

I don't put either dead on Roethlesberger; mabye 30/70 on the pick, but. Maybe it's just me but our blind and stupid LT Mike "what just happened?" Adams cost us 2 TDs at least.

Overall, I think our O did ok.

Having said all that? New head coach time.

Real Deal Steel
10-01-2013, 11:03 AM
the name "Mike Adams" angers me. :evilshake:

He's a double agent.

Stone
10-01-2013, 11:40 AM
I am a firm believer that when one aspect of your game is so incredibly bad, it skews the stats on many other things. Ben could throw for 700 yards and we could still lose because the opposing team can get to Ben (untouched) on 50 percent of our passing plays.

Ben is only willing to plant his back foot and deliver an accurate ball when he is out of the pocket because he knows it is better than 50/50 that someone is coming at him unrestricted. Take a look at where Ben has been when he has completed passes......it's when he scrambles and creates it on his own.

For three weeks now I have telling the guys I watch with to watch our O-line and not the ball. You will see that someone is getting through untouched on 50 percent of our passing situations. There is no such thing as a pocket because, despite the fact that Adams can be depended on to lose his man, Ben never knows where the break down is going to occur on any given play......he just knows that it "will" occur.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2013, 11:49 AM
I am a firm believer that when one aspect of your game is so incredibly bad, it skews the stats on many other things. Ben could throw for 700 yards and we could still lose because the opposing team can get to Ben (untouched) on 50 percent of our passing plays.

Ben is only willing to plant his back foot and deliver an accurate ball when he is out of the pocket because he knows it is better than 50/50 that someone is coming at him unrestricted. Take a look at where Ben has been when he has completed passes......it's when he scrambles and creates it on his own.

For three weeks now I have telling the guys I watch with to watch our O-line and not the ball. You will see that someone is getting through untouched on 50 percent of our passing situations. There is no such thing as a pocket because, despite the fact that Adams can be depended on to lose his man, Ben never knows where the break down is going to occur on any given play......he just knows that it "will" occur.

Thanks for this post and agree 100%.......Really the only game I really blame on Ben is the Bears game for the simple fact against a Bears D that is known for stripping the ball Ben needs to know to hold onto the ball better but I agree with you on everything you said here......

Real Deal Steel
10-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Can we all hold hands and sing Kumbya together. :)

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2013, 12:22 PM

Or just put in or Super Bowl dvds and relive the good old days of Steelers football....lol

Stone
10-01-2013, 12:39 PM

If we're going to join forces in any fashion I say we give Tomlin and Haley a blanket party!

questforSB7
10-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Speaking of offense, how bad are things gonna get IF the steelers lose to the Jets in 2 weeks ? I know the Jets defense is tough. But I'm speaking now of the Jets offense. I heard this morning that the Jets will be without Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill when we face them. Then add in that a rookie QB in Geno Smith will be at QB...is there ANY reason why our defense shouldn't stop them ?..if not shut the out completely ? If our defense again gets rocked by the Jets without their two leading Wide Receivers, and a QB who makes alot of mistakes....Boy! It will be super bad in Pittsburgh.

steelchamp204
10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Speaking of offense, how bad are things gonna get IF the steelers lose to the Jets in 2 weeks ? I know the Jets defense is tough. But I'm speaking now of the Jets offense. I heard this morning that the Jets will be without Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill when we face them. Then add in that a rookie QB in Geno Smith will be at QB...is there ANY reason why our defense shouldn't stop them ?..if not shut the out completely ? If our defense again gets rocked by the Jets without their two leading Wide Receivers, and a QB who makes alot of mistakes....Boy! It will be super bad in Pittsburgh.

It will be either

a) The offense scores points and the defense give up more

b) Offense doesnt do **** and the defense only gives up 10

Hopefully both the offense and defense will plays balls out after this bye week sitting at 0-4

Tango-9
10-01-2013, 01:10 PM
It will be either

Hopefully both the offense and defense will plays balls out after this bye week sitting at 0-4

We said that last week. need to replace or move Adams. Then have a come-ta-jebus meetin' with the linebackers on gap filling and tackling.

Then, a little Cowher-ish boot to *** conversation with the team.

I don't think Tomlin has the stones for it, but we'll see.

side note: forums still edit out a $ $? My 6 year old hears worse watching tv. really?