PDA

View Full Version : Rothlisberger admits Steelers are the worst team in the NFL

Three Four
09-29-2013, 10:09 PM
then agrees to return his salary to the fan. Just kidding. But who wants to spend $200 a ticket to go see this sad show. Rooney's ought to be giving away tickets at Walmart for those performances. Thoughts?

LatrobePA
09-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Great another troll.

Three Four
09-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Great another troll.

How could I be a troll when I'm repeating what Rothlisberger said.

"Right now, you could say we're the worst team in the league," the Steelers quarterback said after Pittsburgh fell 34-27 to the Minnesota Vikings at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.

Real Deal Steel
09-30-2013, 09:33 AM
One word:

Jacksonville.

SnakeEyes43
09-30-2013, 11:12 AM
I guess banning the young guys from pool and ping pong didn't help too much...

TarlsQtr
09-30-2013, 11:16 AM

Yeah, because they were able to throw darts in the London pubs.

steelspikes
09-30-2013, 12:16 PM
As if his turnovers were not bad enough, now he jams his foot in his mouth. Not the words you want a team captain speaking.

ChucktownSteeler
09-30-2013, 12:18 PM

LOL!

Clevelandsux
09-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Great, just what you want to hear out of your leader. You have younger guys on this team, and you must lead by example. Calling out leveon Bell now this? Why might we be the worst team in football, Ben? Maybe part of it is you.

Dean Denton
09-30-2013, 03:56 PM
What's else can he say? They stink! It may or may not be true, but you are what your record says you. This could also be his way of lighting a fire under himself and the rest of the team. I don't have a problem with him venting his frustration like this. At least he's not blaming Haley. You know, creating more issues...

LatrobePA
09-30-2013, 03:56 PM
What Ben should of said is that " yes you can call me one of the worse QB's in the NFL right now"

The dude is a turnover machine and looks lost week after week.

Dean Denton
09-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Yeah cuz I'm sure it's easy holding on to the ball with 3-5, 300lb guys in your face, pulling you to the ground every snap.

Clevelandsux
09-30-2013, 04:03 PM
I do. We can sit here and say they stink. And they have and he could very well be right. But I don't see anything positive by calling out all your teammates like that. Its almost like hes thrown in the towel and is giving up.

LatrobePA
09-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah cuz I'm sure it's easy holding on to the ball with 3-5, 300lb guys in your face, pulling you to the ground every snap.

He's not seeing the field quit making excuses. Yea the o line sucks but when he has time he's missing WR's and wide open ones. Watch the game again you'll see...

coldrolled
09-30-2013, 04:09 PM
He's not seeing the field quit making excuses. Yea the o line sucks but when he has time he's missing WR's and wide open ones. Watch the game again you'll see...

Yep.... And he still holds the ball for sacks instead of launching it out of bounds when all hope looks lost for a positive play.

Real Deal Steel
09-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Yep.... And he still holds the ball for sacks instead of launching it out of bounds when all hope looks lost for a positive play.

Thank you.

Dean Denton
09-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah I'm sure you guys are right and we could find a blue chipper in the draft that would do much better behind this line then Ben. He's garbage.....lol

TarlsQtr
09-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah I'm sure you guys are right and we could find a blue chipper in the draft that would do much better behind this line then Ben. He's garbage.....lol

Well, we could get a good read option QB. Instead of running for his life in the pocket like Ben, he could run for his life for yards. ;-)

Speaking of the read option/running QBs, is it me or does it seem like the defenses are getting a handle on it? I know that RGIII is not the same because of leg issues, but even the other ones are not having the same kinds of years. Kaepernick and Wilson have been pretty average as well. I am wondering if we are seeing these offenses come back down to earth and the eventual fall to average for these guys.

Dean Denton
09-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Well, we could get a good read option QB. Instead of running for his life in the pocket like Ben, he could run for his life for yards. ;-)

Speaking of the read option/running QBs, is it me or does it seem like the defenses are getting a handle on it? I know that RGIII is not the same because of leg issues, but even the other ones are not having the same kinds of years. Kaepernick and Wilson have been pretty average as well. I am wondering if we are seeing these offenses come back down to earth and the eventual fall to average for these guys. No, you are right as was Tomlin when he said it was nothing more then the flavor of the month. You can't run your QB like that for long.

coldrolled
10-01-2013, 06:01 AM

Ben is Ben, will he physically survive this teams rebuild period?... if you trade him you get some picks and gain cap space...

But you may end up with a turnstile of stewarts as QB's.. remember tomlin is still coach...

Is tomlin gonna train up a great QB.. he hasn't had much success training up any rookie to date.

so really you have to keep ben as long as tomlin is here.

it may be getting to point were someone needs to fall on the detonator.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Ben is completing 63.6 of his passes which is slightly better then his career average.......INTs don't bug me since every QB throws them....The only thing that bugs me with Ben so far is his fumbles after sacks......

I just don't know what you guys really expect Ben to do?........Not many QB's would be successful behind this train wreck of an OL, the three stooges at RB (so glad Bell is back so we can see less of Redman, Jones, Dwyer), bum TE's without Miller, a cry baby and soft punk starting at one WR spot in Sanders, a moron OC that doesn't play to his players strengths at all..........

steelchamp204
10-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Ben is completing 63.6 of his passes which is slightly better then his career average.......INTs don't bug me since every QB throws them....The only thing that bugs me with Ben so far is his fumbles after sacks......

I just don't know what you guys really expect Ben to do?........Not many QB's would be successful behind this train wreck of an OL, the three stooges at RB (so glad Bell is back so we can see less of Redman, Jones, Dwyer), bum TE's without Miller, a cry baby and soft punk starting at one WR spot in Sanders, a moron OC that doesn't play to his players strengths at all..........

Bell being back with help Ben and this offense a lot, also with Heath coming back. Lets see what happens after the bye. Now the defense, I dont know anymore.

LatrobePA
10-01-2013, 12:47 PM
We're only 2 games out of first.. lol

Stone
10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
How could I be a troll when I'm repeating what Rothlisberger said.

"Right now, you could say we're the worst team in the league," the Steelers quarterback said after Pittsburgh fell 34-27 to the Minnesota Vikings at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.

1. Just because Ben may have said it doesn't mean you aren't a troll.
2. Can anyone find a game on the schedule that we can honestly say we are the better team?

Dean Denton
10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Ben is Ben, will he physically survive this teams rebuild period?... if you trade him you get some picks and gain cap space...

But you may end up with a turnstile of stewarts as QB's.. remember tomlin is still coach...

Is tomlin gonna train up a great QB.. he hasn't had much success training up any rookie to date.

so really you have to keep ben as long as tomlin is here.

it may be getting to point were someone needs to fall on the detonator.. Yes, Yes, Yes.....fall on the detonator...lol you are right, Tomlin has failed on coaching every rookie and to think he could coach a rookie QB is ridiculous. Finally someone responds with common sense. Thank you......:)

Tango-9
10-01-2013, 02:16 PM

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. AFC North (CENTRAL!) used to dominate. Now this division is an afterthought.

But hey. Ebb and Flow. Some days you catch your limit, some days you go home with an empty cooler.

It's empty cooler time. Push through it.

coldrolled
10-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Does Hoyer win his third straight game tonight?

TarlsQtr
10-03-2013, 08:41 AM
I think so. Their D is pretty stout, the Bills RBs are beat up, and Cameron/Gordon should be enough to get it done.

Rocky#20
10-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Numbers Never Lie stat of the day yesterday was that the Steelers gave up more points in the month of September (110) than the Pirates (106).

K Train
10-03-2013, 09:51 AM

That may be the funniest statisitc