PDA

View Full Version : I told you so....

PSYCHO STEELER
09-17-2013, 02:03 AM
A lot of guys on here called me crazy and among other things, Eifert 1-0 to Jones. Jones did absolutely nothing, no sacks, no tackles for loss, no INT's.......NOTHING. And like I said we will have to deal with Eifert two gms a year. He caught a 61 yd pass that led to a TD. SHOULD HAVE TAKEN EIFERT!!!!!

Nolrog
09-17-2013, 07:21 AM
You can't base an assessment on one game and predict a career. Talk to me again in 3 years and we'll know around then.

coldrolled
09-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Eifert and Jones will both be good. Ben really needs a TE.

But in true reality, take off the rosy glasses. Ben needs to sit down, we really need a QB... Ben is done.

Nolrog
09-17-2013, 10:24 AM
But in true reality, take off the rosy glasses. Ben needs to sit down, we really need a QB... Ben is done.

/facepalm

JoeSteelerFan
09-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Eifert and Jones will both be good. Ben really needs a TE.

Ben is far from done. Now if you were to say, "Ben is totally checked-out with Haley's offense" .....

I would agree with this. He's merely going through the motions until something changes.

coldrolled
09-17-2013, 10:50 AM
He's merely going through the motions until something changes.

Then hes a spoiled million dollar baby and needs to take a time out... How many wide open players did he miss? Then his final beauty is the high throw to the WR and the tip and INT. Game over Done.

Really, Ben isn't the problem? Its Bens game to win and he is not hitting the open players...

LatrobePA
09-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Then hes a spoiled million dollar baby and needs to take a time out... How many wide open players did he miss? Then his final beauty is the high throw to the WR and the tip and INT. Game over Done.

Really, Ben isn't the problem? Its Bens game to win and he is not hitting the open players...

No one out here will bash Ben.. I agree 100% w you! IMO he's acting like a baby that doesn't want to do what mommy told him to do.

Either that or he's just out to lunch.

Get7With7
09-17-2013, 11:23 AM
And Ben has every reason to be pissed off. Name me one other team that treats their franchise QB like this? Name me one other team that rams a playbook down their QB's throat without his input? What other team forces their franchise QB to hand off to a guy like Isaac Redman? What other team lets their deep threat walk and doesn't replace him?

Ben was set up to fail ever since Haley was hired, and yinzer nation can't see that. They only know one thing - "Blame the QB!"

You know who the real big baby is - Art Rooney II. Art II is just living in his own little world where he wants his old school "Stiller Football" and that the rest of the NFL is wrong. He isn't a football mind at all, he's a lawyer that was given a team because of who daddy was. He is the biggest reason this team is going downhill fast.

LASVEGASGUY
09-17-2013, 12:43 PM
You know who the real big baby is - Art Rooney II. Art II is just living in his own little world where he wants his old school "Stiller Football" and that the rest of the NFL is wrong. He isn't a football mind at all, he's a lawyer that was given a team because of who daddy was. He is the biggest reason this team is going downhill fast.

I agree. I don't ever remember Haley being this clueless in Arizona or KC. He used to spread the ball around but it appears he is being directed to run the ball more. We have no offensive line or a decent running back. There is no way an offensive minded guy like Haley doesn't see that either. Rooney needs to take a step back, pat himself on the back for getting a minority hired in Pittsburgh and let Haley do his job.

coldrolled
09-17-2013, 12:56 PM
In Monday night's 20-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, it was evident that Big Ben needs to be perfect for the Steelers to succeed. He wasn't.

"The quarterback's got to play better. And he will," Roethlisberger said after the game.

Big Ben was off target multiple times in the loss, including a high pass off Jerricho Cotchery's fingertips that was intercepted in the fourth quarter, killing a promising drive and effectively ending the game.

One more time...

HUNT4SEVEN
09-17-2013, 02:11 PM
In Monday night's 20-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, it was evident that Big Ben needs to be perfect for the Steelers to succeed. He wasn't.

"The quarterback's got to play better. And he will," Roethlisberger said after the game.

Big Ben was off target multiple times in the loss, including a high pass off Jerricho Cotchery's fingertips that was intercepted in the fourth quarter, killing a promising drive and effectively ending the game.

One more time...

^^^^^^^Yep what he said^^^^^^^^, also D.L is a legend it's time for him to retire and bring in new schemes, it's time people, and i don't think Keith Butler is the answer either, we need to make CHANGE, Haley and this bull sh&! offense has to go, Ben has to be more accurate throwing the ball, and ANY Coordinator who opens a game running 3x in a row need to be FIRED ASAP, two touch downs in 2 games and 1 sack in two games, it's time for change or this is what we will see year after year...

Big T
09-17-2013, 07:57 PM
A lot of guys on here called me crazy and among other things, Eifert 1-0 to Jones. Jones did absolutely nothing, no sacks, no tackles for loss, no INT's.......NOTHING. And like I said we will have to deal with Eifert two gms a year. He caught a 61 yd pass that led to a TD. SHOULD HAVE TAKEN EIFERT!!!!!

Jerame Tuman makes that play 10/10 times.

LevonKirkland99
09-17-2013, 09:04 PM
You can't base an assessment on one game and predict a career. Talk to me again in 3 years and we'll know around then.

Exactly. Why are we basing Jones's assessment based on one game? These Steeler fans are WAY spoiled. Be prepared for a long season.

Big T
09-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Exactly. Why are we basing Jones's assessment based on one game? These Steeler fans are WAY spoiled. Be prepared for a long season.

Not to mention the fact that Jones played a very solid game. He still struggled getting off blocks at times but I saw improvement in that area last night. He had a couple hurries and was a demon on special teams. He's a high energy, high effort player that's only going to get better. I like what I'm seeing in terms of his improving week to week.

Dean Denton
09-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Ben is far from done. Now if you were to say, "Ben is totally checked-out with Haley's offense" .....

I would agree with this. He's merely going through the motions until something changes. thank you, finally someone with a brain. How about some talent around Ben. Ward, Wallace, miller gone. Replaced with fools that can't run routes or catch the ball.

steelchamp204
09-18-2013, 12:47 AM
thank you, finally someone with a brain. How about some talent around Ben. Ward, Wallace, miller gone. Replaced with fools that can't run routes or catch the ball.

Our WRs are afraid of contact it seems. Brown sliding all the time instead of putting the shoulders down. I know they have to take care of there bodies, but fight for some extra yards sometimes.

It will be awhile before we get another Hines, he was a once in a generation type of receiver the way he played football. I couldnt imagine any of our guy doing this................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfM6VLqh95M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TapQystEBk

noteeth58
09-18-2013, 02:51 AM

One more time...

I would say your on to something I have realized for awhile now, Ben in my opinion, is trying to make that perfect sideline throw, but he is high a bunch lately, everyone can play it back, highlights and look at both games, every single receiver is out of bounds when they catch his balls. Ben made a living in the superbowl with these, but we are talking, 6 inches or a foot, and it is incomplete. I believe quarterbacks throw high when their confidence is shattered, but at sometime, these throws have to be better, you cant catch balls that are thrown outta bounds no matter how good you are !