PDA

View Full Version : Really hoping this line turns it around.

steelchamp204
09-17-2013, 12:11 AM
We have spent high picks on this Oline which isnt producing **** for protection/push/nastiness. I know this is a new scheme, with Pouncey getting hurt all the time it seems, DeCastro getting pushed around and the inability of Adams to pass protect.

With the defense getting older in important positions, the Steelers can not afford to draft more #1 or #2 round linemen. If they do that then they will be picking other skill positions to late in the draft to try and get back to dominant form.

I said before the season started, this season will go on how the Oline goes. Who knows, maybe they can turn it around by the midway point, but we need to see something soon or else this team is going to be **** for years to come.

Real Deal Steel
09-17-2013, 12:31 AM
If you go with the theory that we have the talent on the line, then it's the coaching. But remember...Alex Gibbs (zone blocking scheme guru) was available this off-season but Tomlin/Colbert in their wisdom, didn't get him in here.

At the end of the day, it's about the failures of Tomlin & Colbert.

steelchamp204
09-17-2013, 12:34 AM
If you go with the theory that we have the talent on the line, then it's the coaching. But remember...Alex Gibbs (zone blocking scheme guru) was available this off-season but Tomlin/Colbert in their wisdom, didn't get him in here.

At the end of the day, it's about the failures of Tomlin & Colbert.

I understand, but this line HAS to work out. Or else it will effect the draft process for the next few years. We need to get a highly talented Safety/TE/WR/CB these next few draft years.

questforSB7
09-17-2013, 12:45 AM
We have spent high picks on this Oline which isnt producing **** for protection/push/nastiness. I know this is a new scheme, with Pouncey getting hurt all the time it seems, DeCastro getting pushed around and the inability of Adams to pass protect.

With the defense getting older in important positions, the Steelers can not afford to draft more #1 or #2 round linemen. If they do that then they will be picking other skill positions to late in the draft to try and get back to dominant form.

I said before the season started, this season will go on how the Oline goes. Who knows, maybe they can turn it around by the midway point, but we need to see something soon or else this team is going to be **** for years to come.

You might as well HOPE " Angelina Jolie " ends up naked in your bed tonight cause there is a MUCH better chance of that happening then this piece of SH!T O-Line turns it around!! :DANCE04:

Nolrog
09-17-2013, 06:28 AM
I understand, but this line HAS to work out. Or else it will effect the draft process for the next few years. We need to get a highly talented Safety/TE/WR/CB these next few draft years.

That's one of the biggest problems we face right now. We spent six high picks on the lines, including FOUR #1s and neither the OL or the DL are anything spectacular. We absolutely must get good talent for the line later in the draft so we can pick impact players at the positions you mentioned. Many other teams have rebuilt their offesnive line without using multiple high picks. There's no reason we couldn't do that as well (heck, Velasco looks like a good pick up and he was a free agent.)

steelchamp204
09-17-2013, 11:44 AM
That's one of the biggest problems we face right now. We spent six high picks on the lines, including FOUR #1s and neither the OL or the DL are anything spectacular. We absolutely must get good talent for the line later in the draft so we can pick impact players at the positions you mentioned. Many other teams have rebuilt their offesnive line without using multiple high picks. There's no reason we couldn't do that as well (heck, Velasco looks like a good pick up and he was a free agent.)

I would love to bolster the line using free agency, but this team has no wiggle room in spending money :banging: