PDA

View Full Version : Roster Moves (for injuries)

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Who is going to be signed/cut

LSH out, Dwyer in
Pouncey out, ???
Foote out, ???

Suisham out (short term),???
(someone else will be cut to make room for carrying 2 kickers for a few weeks)

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Who is going to be signed/cut

LSH out, Dwyer in
Pouncey out, ???
Foote out, ???

Suisham out (short term),???
(someone else will be cut to make room for carrying 2 kickers for a few weeks)

John Malecki will be added to the roster to play Center
And Stevenson Sylvester or Mcfadden will replace Foote.
And I'm hearing that Shayne Graham or Danny Hrapmann will be signed for Suisham.

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 12:05 PM
John Malecki will be added to the roster to play Center
And Stevenson Sylvester or Mcfadden will replace Foote.
And I'm hearing that Shayne Graham or Danny Hrapmann will be signed for Suisham.

Not sure why Malecki would be added to play center, when he was recently cut and Cody Wallace was signed to play center

K Train
09-09-2013, 12:05 PM
they should sign kickalicious

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Not sure why Malecki would be added to play center, when he was recently cut and Cody Wallace was signed to play center

Well thats what the reports said at Steelers Depot...for one. But regardless, it doesn't matter. They are all worthless for the most part. And none of them are stout at the point of attack, and don't have the Balance that Pouncey had. So DT like Atkins, and Ngata are gonna kill us...and eventually Ben!

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Well thats what the reports said at Steelers Depot...for one. But regardless, it doesn't matter. They are all worthless for the most part. And none of them are stout at the point of attack, and don't have the Balance that Pouncey had. So DT like Atkins, and Ngata are gonna kill us...and eventually Ben!

you don't need to regurgitate someone elses predictions for us

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 12:18 PM
They should look at Fernando Velasco (free agent center/guard)

Real Deal Steel
09-09-2013, 12:20 PM

LOL! Wow..are we going down the tubes or what?

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 12:27 PM

I wrote that Last night. Stop STEALING My Thunder son! :lol: But serious, they won't sign someone who has never played for them before or who was not in camp.

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 12:29 PM
I wrote that Last night. Stop STEALING My Thunder son! :lol: But serious, they won't sign someone who has never played for them before or who was not in camp.

yea, that's what we learned from the signings of Mesko, Wallace, and Blake....

:rolleyes:

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 12:35 PM
yea, that's what we learned from the signings of Mesko, Wallace, and Blake....

:rolleyes:

None of those guys were emergency signings. They were all signed before Camp. But, when you need a kicker to Immediately come in and kick...you want someone...if possible who has been in your camp before. Especially a player who will likely be our main scorer,,since our regular offense can't score.

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 12:37 PM
None of those guys were emergency signings. They were all signed before Camp. But, when you need a kicker to Immediately come in and kick...you want someone...if possible who has been in your camp before. Especially a player who will likely be our main scorer,,since our regular offense can't score.

wrong again.
they were all signed AFTER camp. After ALL FOUR preseason games.

As for your statement about kicker... no position is less dependant on having been on the team before. It's almost completely irrelevant.

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 12:43 PM
wrong again.
they were all signed AFTER camp. After ALL FOUR preseason games.

As for your statement about kicker... no position is less dependant on having been on the team before. It's almost completely irrelevant.

Well obviously you're wrong cause thats what Ed Buschette wrote this morning, that the Steelers are gonna sign a kicker that HAS been in camp with them before. So it's not Irrelevant.

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Well obviously you're wrong cause thats what Ed Buschette wrote this morning, that the Steelers are gonna sign a kicker that HAS been in camp with them before. So it's not Irrelevant.

They'd better sign a kicker who has experience making FGs given the lack of offense.

Whether he's been in camp with the steelers or not is completely irrelevant... Just like when they signed Suisham.

edit : my mistake Suisham was in camp with the Steelers.... 5 years earlier.... lol

TarlsQtr
09-09-2013, 12:52 PM

Actually, Bouchette said we would not sign Malecki (who is working out with KC as we speak), while you said we would.

Got a quote about the kicker?

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Doesn't matter who we sign. We're never gonna be in position to kick a FG, so why bother ? BTW, I just layed 5,000 dollars on Cincy next Monday night. I got it at -5 and Cincy. Now it's at -6.5 and growing. All I have to worry about is Cincy covering 5 points...at Home...on Monday night.....Easiest F'ing money I will ever get :greenbounce2:

Big T
09-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Doesn't matter who we sign. We're never gonna be in position to kick a FG, so why bother ? BTW, I just layed 5,000 dollars on Cincy next Monday night. I got it at -5 and Cincy. Now it's at -6.5 and growing. All I have to worry about is Cincy covering 5 points...at Home...on Monday night.....Easiest F'ing money I will ever get :greenbounce2:

Even more reason to hope for a Steeler win on Monday night.

coldrolled
09-09-2013, 01:06 PM

He doesn't realize the Cinci D could not get a sack on a Chicago OL with two or three rookies playing?

Maybe well have two or three rookies next week to start too, one of those omens that vaporizes 5k....

TarlsQtr
09-09-2013, 01:19 PM

^LOL^

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 01:25 PM
^LOL^

Hey, I'm a realist. Cincy was at Chicago, as opposed to being at Home. Chicago HAS a great RB, and forced over 50 TO's last season..( Led the league )..and was great at sacking the QB. And remember, Cincy was still right there, and could have won that game. Now, at home in week 2 where they are 0-1, on a Monday night game, you're telling me that you think the Steelers will have a good chance to stay within 5 points ?..let alone win the game ?

They'll have to prove me wrong...and I hope they do. Thats why I keep my bets low. 5 Grand to me is like 2 Cents to Tom Brady! Ain't no thing but a Chicken Wing Baby!!

K Train
09-09-2013, 01:33 PM

lol i hope you arent joking

Real Deal Steel
09-09-2013, 01:53 PM
wow. he beat against his team.

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 01:56 PM
wow. he beat against his team.

Hey, I'm a bigger Steeler fan here then most all of you. But MONEY is Money! It trumps All!

K Train
09-09-2013, 01:58 PM
i think you are full of **** personally, but 5k on a division rival to cover -5 is moronic

coldrolled
09-09-2013, 02:03 PM
For some odd reason I think the orange teams lose this coming week.

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 02:03 PM
i think you are full of **** personally, but 5k on a division rival to cover -5 is moronic

Think about what you are sayin', You say me betting on the Bengals is Moronic. But, since I placed my best, the national Vegas line has now gone to 6.5, from 5 when I placed the bet. That was just 8 hours ago. You know how much money has to be bet in order to move a Betting line 1.5 points in under 8 hours ?...Let me help you out...about 300-400 Million. ALL on Cincy!

So, tell me again how stupid I...and the hundreds and Hundreds of Million people who have bet the Bengals so far ? :popcorn:

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 02:07 PM

agreed.

and betting against your own is disgusting... there are plenty of other games to bet your fake money on.

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Think about what you are sayin', You say me betting on the Bengals is Moronic. But, since I placed my best, the national Vegas line has now gone to 6.5, from 5 when I placed the bet. That was just 8 hours ago. You know how much money has to be bet in order to move a Betting line 1.5 points in under 8 hours ?...Let me help you out...about 300-400 Million. ALL on Cincy!

So, tell me again how stupid I...and the hundreds and Hundreds of Million people who have bet the Bengals so far ? :popcorn:

they all bet 1 dollar?

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 02:17 PM
I was at Bally's last season, and I personal saw a Steellers fan bet 500,000 CASH right then and there on the Steelers to beat the Chargers on the " Money Line " Sufice to say he ended up being pretty bitter I suspect. But I have seen that, and alot of other huge money bets. So my 5,000 is hardly much at all. In the end, I usually win more then I lose at seasons end.

But, Betting on Cincy to cover 5 points is NOT me being disrespectful towards my Steelers. It's me having basic common sense!

K Train
09-09-2013, 02:19 PM
just because there were millions bet on it to move the line definitely does not mean its a good bet lol. I took the titans +7 in a parlay because that was a good bet. Bengals may win, but the steelers are far too familiar with them for that to be a "good bet"...justifying you bet because the line moves makes you a....bad gambler

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Common sense and sports betting only wind up in a sentence together if you are an idiot

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 02:26 PM
just because there were millions bet on it to move the line definitely does not mean its a good bet lol. I took the titans +7 in a parlay because that was a good bet. Bengals may win, but the steelers are far too familiar with them for that to be a "good bet"...justifying you bet because the line moves makes you a....bad gambler

Hey, betting is what I do. And I have won way more then I have lost over the years. I have 15,000 total bet this weekend

I also am betting 5,000 on Atlanta to beat the Rams, giving 5 and the Rams.
And I am picking New England to beat the Jets and giving up the Jets + 11

So keep track, and then you can call me out AFTERWARDS...okay ?

K Train
09-09-2013, 02:30 PM
atlanta -5 over the rams is a good bet...i still think id take steelers+5 and jets+11

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 02:35 PM
atlanta -5 over the rams is a good bet...i still think id take steelers+5 and jets+11

i dont like it...

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 02:40 PM
They should look at Fernando Velasco (free agent center/guard)

But serious, they won't sign someone who has never played for them before or who was not in camp.

and the Steelers have officially signed Velasco

FlatsSteeler
09-09-2013, 02:47 PM
WoW........E-Money trumps E-muscle in stupidity........Funny.......Real gamblers don't babble about how much they bet...unless of course it's E-Money......what a buffoon......Your probably a hitman on Facebook Mafia Wars too......

questforSB7
09-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Common sense and sports betting only wind up in a sentence together if you are an idiot

cThat's foolish. Sports betting is the only Gambling where the better has control. There HAS to be a winner. Unlike any other gambling, like Slot machines, or Black Jack, ect, the control is OUT of your hands. But betting...there has to be a winner.
I guarantee you Neil, you're a smart guy. If you say bet 100 dollars on every game, and take the underdog, stats prove that at the end of the season, you will win 60 % or more of the bets. You just have to be smart, and use your football knowledge, and you will be on top at seasons end sir.

Big T
09-09-2013, 04:48 PM
@EdBouchette: As expected, they put Larry Foote, Maurkice Pouncey and LaRod Stepehs-Howling on

@EdBouchette: #Steelers announce they have signed K Shayne Graham, also make Dwyer and Velasco signings official

acero
09-09-2013, 05:12 PM
and well we still have to wait to hear who is going to be signed at LB

LatrobePA
09-09-2013, 05:22 PM
I've never seen a team have players get hurt so often. Wtf is going on??

Rampage
09-09-2013, 05:27 PM
and well we still have to wait to hear who is going to be signed at LB

All three spots have been filled. Pouncey was replaced with Velasco, LSH with Dwyer and kicker Shayne Graham will be occupying Larry Foote's spot.

WindyCityShaker
09-09-2013, 05:39 PM
cThat's foolish. Sports betting is the only Gambling where the better has control. There HAS to be a winner. Unlike any other gambling, like Slot machines, or Black Jack, ect, the control is OUT of your hands. But betting...there has to be a winner.I guarantee you Neil, you're a smart guy. If you say bet 100 dollars on every game, and take the underdog, stats prove that at the end of the season, you will win 60 % or more of the bets. You just have to be smart, and use your football knowledge, and you will be on top at seasons end sir.

You have a CHOICE, you do not have CONTROL. Are you able to put on pads, run out on the field and tackle a guy during garbage time to help protect the spread?

A bet where you have control is if you say you can throw the ball 40 yards. You have the ball in your hands, thus you have the CONTROL on how far that ball travels.

Rule of thumb in life, if you don't have the ball, the steering wheel, etc. in your hands, you do not have control.

NeilPatrickBanana
09-09-2013, 06:48 PM
cThat's foolish. Sports betting is the only Gambling where the better has control. There HAS to be a winner. Unlike any other gambling, like Slot machines, or Black Jack, ect, the control is OUT of your hands. But betting...there has to be a winner.
I guarantee you Neil, you're a smart guy. If you say bet 100 dollars on every game, and take the underdog, stats prove that at the end of the season, you will win 60 % or more of the bets. You just have to be smart, and use your football knowledge, and you will be on top at seasons end sir.

That was the dumbest thing I've read in at least 2 days

Ps we signed a kicker who wasn't in camp with the team

FlatsSteeler
09-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Believe me the biggest gamble this guy takes is whether to stand or squat while pi$$ing..........my guess usually squats.....

Rocky#20
09-10-2013, 08:30 AM
From watching ESPN's injury report I think that incredibly the only 3 players who were injured last week and are out for the season are the 3 Steelers. Now what are the odds on that?

Real Deal Steel
09-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Who put a curse on us? Wisenhunt ? Grimm? Or both?

FlatsSteeler
09-10-2013, 12:33 PM
The Pirates and the Francisco Cabrera Curse is Over as of last night.........Now........The Steelers have the Curse......it's called "Tomlin".....until he is gone nothing good will happen for the Steelers.........I sure hope it's not 20 yrs at 67 I am not sure in 20 years I will be.......

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Who put a curse on us? Wisenhunt ? Grimm? Or both?

I think its the curse of the Art II personally........He forced BA out and brought in Todd Haley.......

questforSB7
09-10-2013, 12:58 PM
You have a CHOICE, you do not have CONTROL. Are you able to put on pads, run out on the field and tackle a guy during garbage time to help protect the spread?

A bet where you have control is if you say you can throw the ball 40 yards. You have the ball in your hands, thus you have the CONTROL on how far that ball travels.

Rule of thumb in life, if you don't have the ball, the steering wheel, etc. in your hands, you do not have control.

True. But my point was, unlike Slot machines, or Craps, or Black Jack. In sports betting, whether it's football, baseball or whatever, there HAS to be a winner...always! Now, you can have a 7 point line, and if it ends up exactly at a 7 point game, thats a push. But you still don't lose with a Push. So, just as long as you CHOOSE right...you will win. In any other gambling, the choice doesn't matter...it's all luck.

steelchamp204
09-10-2013, 01:01 PM
From watching ESPN's injury report I think that incredibly the only 3 players who were injured last week and are out for the season are the 3 Steelers. Now what are the odds on that?

Seems to be the norm with this team the past few years. Just bad luck is all, it cant be controlled.