PDA

View Full Version : Brian Billick's Power Poll

questforSB7
09-03-2013, 06:34 PM
God is the guy serious ? I mean what a true Idiot. Some teams rankings are just Nuts. I mean it's very clear this guy was a RAVENS Head Coach huh ? Read, and tell us your thoughts.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

LASVEGASGUY
09-03-2013, 06:50 PM
God is the guy serious ? I mean what a true Idiot. Some teams rankings are just Nuts. I mean it's very clear this guy was a RAVENS Head Coach huh ? Read, and tell us your thoughts.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Why the hate? We finished 8-8 last year which really should have been 7-9 if only Cleveland cared about winning the game as much as Tomlin did. So that would be middle of the pack at 16. We lost to some pretty questionable teams and we have a bonehead for a coach. We lost more talent than we gained so I agree with Billick, 20 is about where we belong.

questforSB7
09-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Why the hate? We finished 8-8 last year which really should have been 7-9 if only Cleveland cared about winning the game as much as Tomlin did. So that would be middle of the pack at 16. We lost to some pretty questionable teams and we have a bonehead for a coach. We lost more talent than we gained so I agree with Billick, 20 is about where we belong.

I said he was an Idiot yes. But not just for ranking the Steelers 20th, which BTW IS Moronic. But also ranking his Ravens 2nd in the AFC, and ahead of the Patriots. You mention all we lost, well what about Baltimore ? Their best LB, and Hall of fame play-making Safety in Reed. Their two best Flacco safety valve Receivers in Pitta and Boldin, ect. So how do you explain them being ranked over an obviously better Cincy team ?

As for Pittsburgh, yes we lost Lewis, but he was a Iffy to beat out Allen anyways. We had alot of younger players last year who will be better prepared this year, like Allen, Paulson, Adams. We have maybe the BEST O-Linemen in Decastro who missed all last season. We soon will have Bell at RB. We are in Haley's second season of his offense, so that will help. Woodley, who admitted he was out of shape last season is 17Lbs lighter by his own admission, ect. And YES, we did throw away 5 games last season we should have easily won. Now, if we were a LEGIT 8-8 last season, that would be one thing. But to say this team does not have legit 10-12 win potential talent is ridiculous, and NOT dealing with reality.

Get7With7
09-03-2013, 07:28 PM
I said he was an Idiot yes. But not just for ranking the Steelers 20th, which BTW IS Moronic. But also ranking his Ravens 2nd in the AFC, and ahead of the Patriots. You mention all we lost, well what about Baltimore ? Their best LB, and Hall of fame play-making Safety in Reed. Their two best Flacco safety valve Receivers in Pitta and Boldin, ect. So how do you explain them being ranked over an obviously better Cincy team ?

As for Pittsburgh, yes we lost Lewis, but he was a Iffy to beat out Allen anyways. We had alot of younger players last year who will be better prepared this year, like Allen, Paulson, Adams. We have maybe the BEST O-Linemen in Decastro who missed all last season. We soon will have Bell at RB. We are in Haley's second season of his offense, so that will help. Woodley, who admitted he was out of shape last season is 17Lbs lighter by his own admission, ect. And YES, we did throw away 5 games last season we should have easily won. Now, if we were a LEGIT 8-8 last season, that would be one thing. But to say this team does not have legit 10-12 win potential talent is ridiculous, and NOT dealing with reality.

So just about everyone in the national media is wrong and you're right?

questforSB7
09-03-2013, 07:34 PM

What everyone ? Please site links that have us as the 20th ranked team ? Cause I can give Links by some that have us in the playoffs, and the Super Bowl. So don't say " EVERYONE " cause that is a complete Lie. Look, if you wanna be a negative Steeler fan go ahead. My eyes are wide open. And barring any bad Injuries, this team I GUARANTEE you will be a playoff team. And will finish ahead of Baltimore for sure!! Now Cincy will be tough. They are primed to be a good team. Maybe the division winner. I hope not. But I don't wanna be a Myopic Steelers fan and say we will beat Cincy willy/Nilly.

LASVEGASGUY
09-03-2013, 09:47 PM

Tomlin is no Harbaugh. I have more faith in Baltimore getting it done before we do. Remember Tomlin still believes Gay is a cornerback? Obviously, evaluating talent isn't his strong point among many other things.

coldrolled
09-04-2013, 07:08 AM

I swear the last 4 years the Media had SD & Rivers as SB champ.... They are batting .000
The new dream team is SF.. We shall see.

Speeed
09-04-2013, 08:01 AM
I don't mind the low ranking of the Steelers, they could not get out of their own way last year. What I can't figure out is why the Ravens are ranked so high by so any? They squeaked into the playoffs, botching the end of the season, and getting quite a few lucky plays. A impressive playoff and SB run with a team from last year and a slightly above average QB seems to be for whatever reason a lock into the playoffs.

questforSB7
09-04-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't mind the low ranking of the Steelers, they could not get out of their own way last year. What I can't figure out is why the Ravens are ranked so high by so any? They squeaked into the playoffs, botching the end of the season, and getting quite a few lucky plays. A impressive playoff and SB run with a team from last year and a slightly above average QB seems to be for whatever reason a lock into the playoffs.

THANK YOU!!

I mean okay, I know they picked up Dumerville. But they lost alot of " team Leadership " people. And Flacco's best security Blanket Receivers in Boldin and Pita are gone. I think they can be a good team if alot of things break right for them. But likely they look like a 7 to 9 win team at best.

K Train
09-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Bill cowher would have the steelers ranked low too, people just arent high on the steelers.

They lost so many games by 1 score or in OT or on a last second FG last year, but all people care about is the W/L columns and while i know the team is talented enough to make a run, i wouldnt expect others too.

If they start out 3-0 this year, people will be like wow look we were down on the steelers again and here they are business as usual

questforSB7
09-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Bill cowher would have the steelers ranked low too, people just arent high on the steelers.

They lost so many games by 1 score or in OT or on a last second FG last year, but all people care about is the W/L columns and while i know the team is talented enough to make a run, i wouldnt expect others too.

If they start out 3-0 this year, people will be like wow look we were down on the steelers again and here they are business as usual

3-0 will be tough. Cincy is a Legit team. Can't underestimate their offense. And they added the best TE in the draft. Harrison may be past his prime. But you can't takeaway his experience, and his leadership ability to keep their younger LB's in line.And the Bears, even at Pitt will be tough. They upgraded their o-line. They have a tough rushing game, and Cutler is good at avoiding pressure. We can beat them yes, but we also could lose as well. But, if we can win the Vikings game, which even though is technically a Vikes Home game, at London, I will bet the Steelers will have MORE fans rooting for them then Minny will. Then the Jets game, even at New York with their MESS at QB, should be a Steelers win. Coming out of those first 5 games with even a 3-2 record....4-1 would be GREAT...would be ideal cause by the 6th game, Bell should easily be back and playing, as should Miller. And the last 10 games of the season SHOULD net us at least 6 to 7 wins. And I'm not too much in fear of Green Bay either. They have a shakey O-Line, and a questionable running game. And don't underestimate the loss of Jennings either.

So I feel a playoff appearance for us is looking good, barring any serious Injuries.

coldrolled
09-04-2013, 12:44 PM
But, if we can win the Vikings game, which even though is technically a Vikes Home game, at London, I will bet the Steelers will have MORE fans rooting for them then Minny will.

Now if the game were in Oslo.. That would be a Vikings win!

questforSB7
09-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Now if the game were in Oslo.. That would be a Vikings win!

Yeah I'd have to agree there. Any game in NORWAY, I have to admit those people probably WOULD Cheer for a team called the Vikings!! :cope:

questforSB7
09-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Some more predictions from SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130904/nfl-season-predictions-2013-super-bowl-xlviii/?xid=si_nfl

coldrolled
09-04-2013, 02:38 PM
When the Ravens lose this year... heres a preview of next years trend... its not up....

Triggered by the familiar culprits of age and cap space, an exodus from Baltimore may not yet be over. The salary cap figures for defensive tackle Haloti Ngata ($16 million), quarterback Joe Flacco ($14.8 million), rush linebacker Terrell Suggs ($12.4 million), cornerback Lardarius Webb ($10.5 million), running back Ray Rice ($8.75 million) and guard Marshal Yanda ($8.45 million) account for a combined $70.9 million for the 2014 fiscal year. ... A tight budget could make it extremely difficult to retain many unrestricted free agents, including offensive tackle Michael Oher, tight ends Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson, cornerback Corey Graham, middle linebacker Daryl Smith, defensive end Arthur Jones, strong safety James Ihedigbo and wide receiver-kick returner Jacoby Jones.

questforSB7
09-04-2013, 02:51 PM
When the Ravens lose this year... heres a preview of next years trend... its not up....

Triggered by the familiar culprits of age and cap space, an exodus from Baltimore may not yet be over. The salary cap figures for defensive tackle Haloti Ngata ($16 million), quarterback Joe Flacco ($14.8 million), rush linebacker Terrell Suggs ($12.4 million), cornerback Lardarius Webb ($10.5 million), running back Ray Rice ($8.75 million) and guard Marshal Yanda ($8.45 million) account for a combined $70.9 million for the 2014 fiscal year. ... A tight budget could make it extremely difficult to retain many unrestricted free agents, including offensive tackle Michael Oher, tight ends Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson, cornerback Corey Graham, middle linebacker Daryl Smith, defensive end Arthur Jones, strong safety James Ihedigbo and wide receiver-kick returner Jacoby Jones.

Everything you write is true. And one player that will most likely walk away after this season, and MIGHT....I say might be a target for Pittsburgh is their NT Terrence Cody. If Ziggy Hood has a average season, and asks for too much money to return, then you might see him leave, and see Mclendon moved to DE, and Cody as the new NT. Just a thought.

K Train
09-04-2013, 02:55 PM
cody is not what we need

And mcclendon can barely play NT, he's a terrible fit for DE

questforSB7
09-04-2013, 03:07 PM
cody is not what we need

And mcclendon can barely play NT, he's a terrible fit for DE

I'll wait until after this season to see what our Run Defense does as it goes to the NT position, and if whoever plays can take up 2 Blockers in order for our DE & LB's to finish. So you cannot say a TRUE NT like Cody won't be needed. And depending on IF Sanders leaves, or if we release Ike Taylor, atking a DT/NT in the draft in round 1 will not happen.

coldrolled
09-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Dummerville is not in there calcs above either.

TarlsQtr
09-04-2013, 03:30 PM

Great point. If a team wins a couple of games on a game winning field goal, all of the "professional ESPN commentators" act is if the team is doing great and all is well. If everything else stays the same but the kicker misses both weeks, the same people talk about how poorly the team is playing even though there was no difference other than the errant leg.

We were a play or two from winning a lot of games last year.

LASVEGASGUY
09-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Great point. If a team wins a couple of games on a game winning field goal, all of the "professional ESPN commentators" act is if the team is doing great and all is well. If everything else stays the same but the kicker misses both weeks, the same people talk about how poorly the team is playing even though there was no difference other than the errant leg.

We were a play or two from winning a lot of games last year.

On the flip side we were a play or two away from losing some games we won last year.

Beat Chiefs by 3 and that was in overtime.
Beat the crappy Eagles by 2.
Beat the Giants by 4.
Beat the Ravens by 3.

Big T
09-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Beat the Ravens by 3.

Still though, Leftwich for the 2nd half of KC and Batch for Baltimore

It really amazes me (and I'm not necessarily directing this at you) how all the "doom and gloom" fans and so called experts seem to forget that this was a 6-3 team when Ben went down, in the midst of a career/MVP-type season.

Honest question... Do people really, truly believe that if Ben had never gotten hurt, we still would've only won 2 games the rest of the season?

questforSB7
09-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Still though, Leftwich for the 2nd half of KC and Batch for Baltimore

It really amazes me (and I'm not necessarily directing this at you) how all the "doom and gloom" fans and so called experts seem to forget that this was a 6-3 team when Ben went down, in the midst of a career/MVP-type season.

Honest question... Do people really, truly believe that if Ben had never gotten hurt, we still would've only won 2 games the rest of the season?

A very OUTSTANDING...and Obvious point. Too bad the so-called experts refuse to see that.

DBR96A
09-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Everybody just assumes that Roethlisberger is going to take a beating and miss games, even though the sack that injured him was only his 18th of the season, and it occurred during the 10th game, which means that he was getting sacked less than twice per game to that point.

LevonKirkland99
09-04-2013, 09:41 PM

I agree with this statement...The media doesn't like the Steelers , in general. Espn loves the RavenRats, what else is there to say?

Speeed
09-04-2013, 09:44 PM
I think the Chiefs were way underrated last year.
The Giants were a solid team.
The Ravens we lost a with a backup.

I agree, the Eagles sucked. For whatever reason the game was not a 21 point blowout. I will give you that one!

On the flip side we were a play or two away from losing some games we won last year.

Beat the crappy Eagles by 2.
Beat the Giants by 4.
Beat the Ravens by 3.

questforSB7
09-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Another early season power poll.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130905/nfl-power-rankings-season-preview-baltimore-ravens-seattle-seahawks/?xid=si_nfl

Stone
09-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Having the Bengals at #9 is dumb
Having the Seahawks at #3 is dumb
Having the Falcons at #4 is dumb
Having 3 teams from the NFC north in the top 11 is dumb