PDA

View Full Version : Max Starks tid-bit...

BB2W
02-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I was reading some Arizona news and the first sentence suprised me. I wonder if this guy knows something, or is just being a homer...

Steelers offensive lineman Max Starks, a restricted free agent who owns a house in Mesa, would love to play in Arizona. He said new Cardinals offensive-line coach Russ Grimm is the best in the business and has predicted a huge bounce-back year for lineman Oliver Ross.

" 'O' called me, and he was laughing at me, telling me that he now had Grimm and I didn't," Starks said. "He's on top of the world."

Ross played in Pittsburgh before signing with the Cardinals as a free agent.

link: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0202supernotes0202.html

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Given the fact that Arizona needs a lot of help on the offensive line, and the fact that Starks is an RFA, it wouldnt surprise me to see the Cards or anybody else for that manner try and make a run at Max and steal him away from else. The cards by nature are cheap so I don't know how much they'd be willing to bust the bank on him but it bears watching.

Hburg
02-11-2007, 05:42 PM
I still keep wondering that if he is the "best O-line coach in the business," why the Steelers O-line didn't show up last year. If he couldn't get the super bowl champs' O-line to work....how is he going to get the Cardinals' O-line to work?

BuFu

SteelersWoman
02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I've noticed that not alot of people are real impressed with Max's performance, so it's probably not like it would be a huge loss anyway.

DIESELMAN
02-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Given the fact that Arizona needs a lot of help on the offensive line, and the fact that Starks is an RFA, it wouldnt surprise me to see the Cards or anybody else for that manner try and make a run at Max and steal him away from else. The cards by nature are cheap so I don't know how much they'd be willing to bust the bank on him but it bears watching.

SF could be in the running for Starks, as well as a OL from the Cardinals. The Cards didn't resign Leonard Davis when they had a chance I guess they had their doubts about him. Well he came on pretty strong this past season and is now a FA also. SF has got some cash burning holes in their pockets.....

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Very true. I'd like to see us keep Max and let him and Colon fight it out for the starting RT job. The whole OL played like crap for 2/3 of the season so Im not ready to give up on Starks completely yet. Maybe we keep him this year yet if possible and see how he does in camp. If somebody does offer him some obscene amount of money then it probably wouldnt benefit us to match it unless the coaches really feel he's worth it.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-11-2007, 06:41 PM
The good thing if some team does sign Starks they will have to give us a draft pick in return. But I do hope Max Starks is resigned. I have been hard on Starks but I still think he can be a very good OT in the NFL. He just needs to play with more of mean streak and work on his footwork.

Koopa
02-11-2007, 06:41 PM
well if he does sign else where we get a 3rd round pick so at least we don't come up empty handed

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Enjoy Arizona Starks. Sucker :lol:

AZ_Steeler
02-11-2007, 07:07 PM
At the rate the Cardinals are going, if this is something that does actually happen with Starks, then the Cardinals would need to remove the bird from their helmets and replace it with some hypocloids!

Hburg
02-11-2007, 08:52 PM
At the rate the Cardinals are going, if this is something that does actually happen with Starks, then the Cardinals would need to remove the bird from their helmets and replace it with some hypocloids!

At that point Arizona should just come out and admit they can't make their own team, so they are just going to steal a team from the best in the league.

BuFu