PDA

View Full Version : Good opportunity for the Steelers week 1...

Troyisabeast_43
09-01-2013, 08:28 AM
To get right out of the gate and jump on top in this division something that they havent been able to do the last 2-3 seasons. The Steelers I think clearly have the easiest game out of all 3 division teams. The Ravens of course have to play in Denver on Thursday night to open the season,the Bengals have to play at Chicago which isnt going to be very easy, and the Browns have to play a much better Miami team in Cleveland. It's a great opportunity I feel to finally start the season strong and win that first game for a change and get out in front in this division. How big would it be to win the opener and have the Bengals lose in Chicago and then go into Cincinnati the following Monday night and have a chance to really put the Bengals in a big 0-2 hole by beating them in Cincy something the Steelers have done a lot since Ben has been the QB.

The bottom line is if your the Steelers you better beat a team like the Titans who arent very good at home. This is a game you look at and pencil in as a win in April when the schedule comes out. A loss at home to the Titans I feel would be absolutely devastating and show how inept this Steelers team really is. I believe the Steelers will be able to handle the Titans and I see both the Ravens and the Bengals both losing week 1 on the road so the Steelers should be in great position to start the season and get out in front in this AFC North division.

ChucktownSteeler
09-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Titans always play us tough, but I think our defense is really going to shine. So far I see:

Steelers 16

Titans 10

SuperSteelers
09-02-2013, 12:49 AM
I expect the Steelers to win this game; however, I'm putting money on the Titans +7.5

Steelers 17-13

questforSB7
09-02-2013, 03:07 PM
For the past, Oh 2 to 3 seasons, it seems to me that Tomlin has always had a hard time getting the team up to play really Bad teams. So even though this game should be a easy 10-17 point win, why do I have this feeling this game....even at Pittsburgh may come down to a final drive for a FG to barely win this game ???

Real Deal Steel
09-02-2013, 04:49 PM
20-13 Steelers

Get7With7
09-02-2013, 10:57 PM
The Steelers need to remember something....

It's okay to blow out a crappy team.

SuperSteelers
09-03-2013, 01:06 AM
The Steelers need to remember something....

It's okay to blow out a crappy team.

When have they ever done that! That would not be the Steeler way. The only way is the hard way.

Real Deal Steel
09-03-2013, 01:48 AM
If they do the logical thing and just make it their business to take Chris Johnson out the game, everything else will fall into place in us getting a win.

Get7With7
09-03-2013, 09:28 AM
When have they ever done that! That would not be the Steeler way. The only way is the hard way.

Exactly! Pittsburgh is a hard-nosed, hard-workin' town! That means our football team has to make it as hard and miserable on themselves as possible!

I don't use one of them sissy lawn mowers when I cut the grass, I do it the man's way with a pair of scissors! That's how a -REAL- Steelers fan would cut their grass! Anybody who uses a lawn mower probably roots for one of them sissy down field passing teams!

questforSB7
09-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Baltimore may open at Denver, but I think it will be tough for Denver. I know they have Manning, and Welker. But they also don't have one consistent RB. And their Defense is what ? They gave away Dumerville because of a Galf. And their only other pass rusher is Miller, and because of his stupidity, he won't be there half the season. And if Flacco has time to throw the ball, and is NOT rushed, he is a very good QB. And Denver is still a very poor run defense team. And Rice is All-World as a RB/Receiver out of the backfield. Yes I WANT Denver to pin a early loss on Baltimore. But I won't be surprised at all if Baltimore wins the game.