PDA

View Full Version : A late round OLB/DE.....

DIESELMAN
02-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Edgar Jones, 6’ 5” 250 Lbs, SE Missouri State

This guy fits the mold of the Charger’s Shawn Merriman and Cowboy’s DeMarcus Ware. Edgar Jones is from tiny Division 1AA Southeast Missouri State. Jones Battled injuries his sophomore and junior years, so he is a definite unknown, but this year he came on like a gangbuster. He put on quite a show for the NFL scouts at the Magnolia Gridiron Classic; which is a college All Star Game that pits prospects from Division I-A programs to compete against small school prospects from Division I-AA and Division II. The Magnolia Gridiron Classic gives many non-bowl game seniors and smaller school players a final game to impress NFL scouts. The Magnolia Grid-Iron Classic was played in Jackson, Mississippi on December 23, 2006. Jones was the star of the game and displayed the talent to compete with the best of the best. He not only held his own, but he dominated the game. Jones finished the game with an amazing 5 solo tackles, 4 assists and 4 sacks. Jones is an incredible athlete, with NFL size, quickness and strength. Jones had an excellent senior season this year (2006) to say the least. He was named as a first team All-American by the Associated Press. He led the Division 1AA in quarterback sacks and ranked fourth nationally in tackles for losses. He averaged 1.2 quarterback sacks per game and 1.8 tackles for loss per game. Jones had a total of 53 tackles with 18 tackles for losses of 103 yards and 12 sacks for 88 yards in losses. He also had two quarterback hurries, two pass break ups and forced a fumble. :helmet:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-11-2007, 03:22 PM
With the name Edgar he needs to be with the Ravens. Ok bad joke.

But yea this guy sounds like a good draft pick for the late rounds. I would be all for it.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey my grandfathers name was Edgar ! :greenkick: Although he was a Colt fan WAY back in the day :lol:

He sounds like he could be one of the gems that really comes out of nowhere on day 2. I'd love to see us take him to help infuse more youth and hunger in our front 7.