PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey's performance so far

scudmissile29
08-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Your boy Pouncey has ****ing sucked this pre-season, got steam rolled by ol' Cofield.

Add Pouncey to the list of Gators that got to their heads.

Nothing more to say.

steelchamp204
08-24-2013, 12:36 PM
This message is hidden because scudmissile29 is on your ignore list.

ChucktownSteeler
08-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Although still early in preseason Pouncey had a horrible game last week. Tonight's game should be more of an indication of the team's and O-line progress. Starters should play into the 3rd quarter and there will be a little game planning.

KC has a solid defense so it will be a good test for the OL and the offense. I want to watch Wheaton and Arnfelt.

Big T
08-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Lol.

Real Deal Steel
08-24-2013, 02:11 PM
LOL. I understand his frustration. No one is over the top happy right now.

SteelCityKid5
08-24-2013, 03:30 PM
shots fired

jdehoff83
08-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Lets revisit this 3 games into the reg season ..im ok with it if hes playing down right now to preserve for the reg season ..he is proven and isnot fighting for a spot ..last thing we need is another preseason line injury

connecticutsteel
08-24-2013, 05:21 PM
he calls people out like he has qany idea what he is talking about all the starters are adjusting to the new scheme dopey

NeilPatrickBanana
08-24-2013, 05:33 PM
it took awhile for a second claimant to Crash's throne to show up and challenge RDS

Big T
08-24-2013, 09:08 PM
And SteelDawgSwag, just to avoid any confusion, when I said "Lol." I was laughing at you, not with you.

scudmissile29
08-25-2013, 06:21 AM
And SteelDawgSwag, just to avoid any confusion, when I said "Lol." I was laughing at you, not with you.

Oh yeah I know that, but you're a ****ing idiot.

Pouncey's overrated, you don't deserve to have Shamarko as your picture.

NeilPatrickBanana

To my knowledge, you remain one of the biggest idiots here and nobody likes you.

I make it so nobody likes me, but I always get pm's from people saying how I talk the truth but go to extremes.

You on the otherhand, are a piece of bacteria probably living in the sewers of Pittsburgh not justifying your life.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-25-2013, 08:12 AM
"To your knowledge" Lol

Nobody cares

ChucktownSteeler
08-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Pouncey looked a little better last night. I think he makes the team. LOL

steelersbabex25
08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
This thread is going to get closed in a hurry if you (scudmissile) don't stop with the personal attacks.

Clevelandsux
08-25-2013, 12:14 PM
This reminds me of the pirates board I'm on.lol

Anyway I agree that I don't think pouncey is all he is cracked up to be. Not to mention being a jag off.

scudmissile29
08-25-2013, 09:20 PM
This thread is going to get closed in a hurry if you (scudmissile) don't stop with the personal attacks.

Oh really, quote the personal attacks?

steelersbabex25
08-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Haha, really? Okay...

Oh yeah I know that, but you're a ****ing idiot.

To my knowledge, you remain one of the biggest idiots here and nobody likes you.

You on the otherhand, are a piece of bacteria probably living in the sewers of Pittsburgh not justifying your life.

scudmissile29
08-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Haha, really? Okay...

But that is more of a forum fact around here?

coldrolled
08-26-2013, 07:48 AM
The guys playing next to pounce changed too. is that an issue?

FlatsSteeler
08-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Without all of the drama......Pouncey is way overrated as a Center, he is a natural LG.........Having some knowledge of the center position I have watched him closely......The Center is the QB of the line and must be able to read the defense and audible as well as the QB, MP53 is weak at this thus sacks like the on on BR7 Sat where the ILB came free and clear while MP53 doubled the DL.......Also and to me very important when BR7 is in the Shotgun MP53's snaps are all over the place high, low, left high, right low etc etc this causes BR7 to look for the ball at the snap, costing maybe 1/2 sec loss of time and definitely a change in field vision......Lastly the guy seems to be hurt at all of the wrong times, I realize this isn't his fault....... MP53 hasn't been a Pro Bowl Center in the past few seasons even though the fan vote for him.......I wouldn't be opposed to Beachum68 moved to Center and Pouncey to LG especially the way R. Foster is playing, Beachum is a extremely intelligent player and will be able to QB the line correctly........Just my 2 cents....... I have been saying this for 2 years now......Oh.....Tomlin and Pouncey have way too much ego to make this change so........Status Quo........Good Luck BR7 your going to need it.......

K Train
08-26-2013, 08:33 AM
I think pouncey is a great fit for guard, but thinking back to when we drafted him, his experience at center helped him win the spot when he was our best option....he beat out Justin Hartwig...JUSTIN HARTWIG, i dont care if hes a better guard, id rather he play center and get hartwig off the team any day

FlatsSteeler
08-26-2013, 08:39 AM
I think pouncey is a great fit for guard, but thinking back to when we drafted him, his experience at center helped him win the spot when he was our best option....he beat out Justin Hartwig...JUSTIN HARTWIG, i dont care if hes a better guard, id rather he play center and get hartwig off the team any day

Ok Hartwig is gone for a few seasons now........Now lets find a Center........

K Train
08-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Pouncey is still a top 5 center, lets wait to see him full time in the new scheme (something he is a perfect fit for) before we move him

TarlsQtr
08-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Pouncey is still a top 5 center, lets wait to see him full time in the new scheme (something he is a perfect fit for) before we move him

I don't think he was a top 5 center last year, maybe top 15. I know some of the sabermetrics guys had him in the low 20's.

I am hoping he bounces back this season.

scudmissile29
08-26-2013, 05:54 PM

that's a joke if you think pouncey is a top 5 centre. Absolute joke.

Time to lay off the cool aid for a while

LatrobePA
08-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Pouncey had a great rookie year and since then he's tapered off. Still good I just don't know about top 5...

Black@Gold Forever32
08-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Well Pouncey was a top five center but to bad that was Mike Pouncey and not Maurkice..........

scudmissile29
08-26-2013, 09:14 PM
LOL K-Train is just blind, his eyes are probably covered in maurkice jizz

NeilPatrickBanana
08-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Well Pouncey was a top five center but to bad that was Mike Pouncey and not Maurkice..........

it's true...

i hate to agree with the yahoos, but Pouncey is overrated by steeler nation.

I don't know how you can rank Maurkice ahead of any of the following (given the last 2 seasons)
Alex Mack, Chris Myers, Max Unger, Mike Pouncey, John Sullivan, Nick Mangold, Brian De La Puente, John Goodwin

K Train
08-26-2013, 10:34 PM
so a top 8 center? lol

Alex Mack is a pretty overrated center as well. John Sullivan is a name everyone should know and no one seems to

Goodwin is ok, but as a unit that offensive line is just badass

FlatsSteeler
08-27-2013, 08:03 AM
K.....I gave my reasons as to why I feel Pouncey is overrated can you or anyone else for that matter tell us why he is a top 5 or even a top 10 NFL Center??????

K Train
08-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Im not disagreeing that hes a better fit at guard, which is something i was certain everyone would say about his brother but his brother has done a great job.

He has had his ups and downs (so has alex mack) but i have really liked what they were doing with him on the oline and i was never a fan of kugler. He was billed up as this awesome oline coach that "discovered" jason peters ability and he was supposed to come here and work magic and never did (i lost complete faith in that when jonathan scott was brought in).

As far as pounceys play goes, he might be playing a little thin for the positions, in particular in his lower body but as a blocker he is a silky smooth and has been playing in between misfits on and off for his whole career. i am not sure about how i feel about foster at LG yet but playing in a ZBS as one unit he is going to move down the line very well. I think he has ankle problems, which i dont think is helped by playing center and thats where guard would benefit him to most, and he does need to anchor a bit better, like i said i think his lower body is thin but i am excited to see him and decastro and adams (and the other two) finally all play together and gain some chemistry and cohesion.

Chris meyers came out of no where as a top 5 center, its really a hoax on this ZBS players just skyrocking the ranks like that because i dont think he could play in every scheme (see Eric Winston, hes a "top 5 RT" on Houston and now he can hardly find a job.

I do like Bicknell, Kugler was billed up as this bad *** who wont take **** from his players....thats all well and good but it takes more than that and i think pouncey is a brilliant fit in his offense.

Its nitpicking debating between the 8th best center or the 11th best....if you guys really think hes a bottom hald of the league center, you are wrong...weve had bottom half centers, weve had bottom 5 centers in mahan and hartwig. Pouncey is a good player, and i think that will be seen in the new offense.

I have been on baord with drafting a center and moving him to LG though, having an anchoring center and pouncey and decastro at guard is very dreamy to me

FlatsSteeler
08-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Well Stated "K".....I also agree with the lower body comment.......

NeilPatrickBanana
08-27-2013, 09:12 AM
Agreed k

Big T
08-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Well said. I agree as well.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Foster needs to sit the bench.......Maybe move Gilbert to OG and Beachum at RT.......I just want the best five to start.....I do think the best five are Adams, Gilbert, Pouncey, DeCastro, Beachum........

FlatsSteeler
08-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Foster needs to sit the bench.......Maybe move Gilbert to OG and Beachum at RT.......I just want the best five to start.....I do think the best five are Adams, Gilbert, Pouncey, DeCastro, Beachum........

I agree with the best five OL men........Foster is less than mediocre at best........I like Beachum at Center for a few reasons, his intelligence, his lower body strength, and his overall size is more center like......Pouncey to LG and we have something....although I have not been impressed by Gilbert so far, he seems lazy.....Adams gets beat but comes back to regain control, gilbert gets beat and he just stands around......

TarlsQtr
08-27-2013, 12:18 PM
The thought of Mahan makes me shudder...

NeilPatrickBanana
08-27-2013, 12:30 PM

Beachum was one of the best 5 last year too.

I like the hybrid role he seems to be getting to ensure he gets more on field reps, he'll be starting by next year.

I also agree with K that there is too much ego preventing a ditch to guard for pounder.

FlatsSteeler
08-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Beachum was one of the best 5 last year too.

I like the hybrid role he seems to be getting to ensure he gets more on field reps, he'll be starting by next year.

I also agree with K that there is too much ego preventing a ditch to guard for pounder.
Actually it was me who said Pouncey and Tomlins ego's were too large to make the Center to LG switch but why split hairs......I too think Beachum will be a started by mid season and like him as TE in the 2 TE formation......Don't know why but I see BR7 tossing B68 a TD pass in the final mins to pull a win out.........I just see it.......

Mike Tomlin
08-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Without all of the drama......Pouncey is way overrated as a Center, he is a natural LG.........Having some knowledge of the center position I have watched him closely......The Center is the QB of the line and must be able to read the defense and audible as well as the QB, MP53 is weak at this thus sacks like the on on BR7 Sat where the ILB came free and clear while MP53 doubled the DL.......Also and to me very important when BR7 is in the Shotgun MP53's snaps are all over the place high, low, left high, right low etc etc this causes BR7 to look for the ball at the snap, costing maybe 1/2 sec loss of time and definitely a change in field vision......Lastly the guy seems to be hurt at all of the wrong times, I realize this isn't his fault....... MP53 hasn't been a Pro Bowl Center in the past few seasons even though the fan vote for him.......I wouldn't be opposed to Beachum68 moved to Center and Pouncey to LG especially the way R. Foster is playing, Beachum is a extremely intelligent player and will be able to QB the line correctly........Just my 2 cents....... I have been saying this for 2 years now......Oh.....Tomlin and Pouncey have way too much ego to make this change so........Status Quo........Good Luck BR7 your going to need it.......

I agree that Pouncey would be a better guard, and I think that down the line Beachem could be a great center. I don't agree that the time to change Pouncey and start Beachem is this year. Beachem just learned how to snap this offseason, if what you say is true about Pouncey's snaps, imagine what his are like lol. I do wish we could get a good center in here and move Pouncey so we could max him out but we just can't afford to do it this year.

scudmissile29
08-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Well said. I agree as well.

As always cradling K-Train.

You guys should go to WWE as a tag team.

cbyzerman
09-01-2013, 01:05 PM
K.....I gave my reasons as to why I feel Pouncey is overrated can you or anyone else for that matter tell us why he is a top 5 or even a top 10 NFL Center??????

I could not agree more. I have no idea how this guy makes the probowl. And to think people think he is the next dermotti dawson. Give me a break, Hartings was better than this guy when he was 40 yrs old............