PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 thoughts

steelersbabex25
08-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Nothing much that hasn't been said already.

Offensive line looks awful, what else is new. Praying that nobody on that starting line gets injured because if we think they're bad now, multiply it by a thousand when the backups needs to start coming in and everybody moves around. Even Pouncey was getting knocked around tonight.

Ben looks like how Ben usually looks. Makes some terrible plays, then comes back and makes an amazing play. Not much of a surprise there.

Speaking of Ben's terrible plays, I can not take another lopsided year in turnovers. Offense needs to stop putting the ball on the ground (or into the hands of defensive players) and the defense needs to start making some things happen. At least get into the plus column for turnovers this year, boys..

Sanders looked pretty sharp. Excited to see what he brings to the team as he moves up in the roster this year. I've been waiting for him to get more involved in the offense, and think this year he'll capitalize on the chance he's been given.

Secondary..... yeah. We'll see how that goes.

As far as the running game goes, I was not too impressed with Bell tonight. I know we didn't get to see much of him but I'm personally a Dwyer fan. Hopefully Bell is alright though and we'll get to see a little more out of him before the season starts.

Uhh...I'm sure there's much more but that's all I can come up with right now. Gotta go watch the Buccos :)

Rocky#20
08-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Wheaton looked good and so did Shamarko Thomas and Jones made another splash play on defense, but the OL was horrific.
The Buccos need to watch over their shoulders at the Diamondbacks, who just might catch them for the final playoff spot.

steelchamp204
08-20-2013, 01:11 AM
Offensive line, as usual was horrible. Thomas is a monster and Jones needs to get more pressure on the QB. Hood is still a no show which isn't a surprise and William Gay reminded us tonight as of why he was let go a couple years ago. Didn't seem like Haley tried to get Ben into a rhythm probably due to see what he had in Bell come game time. But, Ben needs to get into a game day rhythm when the season starts. I know it is preseason, but, the offense was down right pathetic again in this one. Wheaton looked good also along with Moye.

noteeth58
08-20-2013, 02:58 AM
This is and has been a declining disciplined team for 3 years now, and it all starts with the head coach, the head coach the head coach, period, that is a big part of Pittsburgh's problem, there is no rhythm, in the offense at all, and you can trace that back to last year. Better get ready for a rebuilding year, because we definitely haven't reloaded.

noteeth58
08-20-2013, 02:59 AM
perhaps a top 10 pick in next years draft is highly likely

DBR96A
08-20-2013, 04:52 AM
Offensive line looks awful, what else is new.

The offensive line coach and the blocking schemes.

Zachintosh66
08-20-2013, 05:45 AM
we look like were headed for a sub .500 season :/

Dean Denton
08-20-2013, 05:49 AM
Oline looks to be the worst in the league. Couldn't push ****, protect or block anything. No way does ben play all 16 games. This team looks bad on offense. Jarvis and shamarco look as good as advertised. Bell looks like he's running with fear and now he's hurt. Freaking great.....sigh

coldrolled
08-20-2013, 06:17 AM
Ben I think is on drugs... He did say they are not showing any real offense to the reporter.. no kidding.

Gay was standing at the TD scene again...

Whimper, Milwacki need to leave Tuesday. Zero answer there..

Where was Howling??

Shamarko was awesome, Jones played nice, Dwyer is the RB or Backup??, Batch is worth something, Wheaton is a rookie starter awesome, Arnfelt (69) does he stay, he mauls the OL... Landry Jones is not comfortable, he may surprise later on.

Did I say Shamarko...

Speeed
08-20-2013, 07:32 AM
I usually don't worry much during preseason. But, this is really bad. I mentioned in last night's game threads the problems are not an issue of just drop passes, or missing a route. These problems are more than that, and they are many:

- Penalties. need first down taken away, no problem. Need to get out of the other teams' red zone - backwards, no problem.
- Turnovers - here is a few. We will take some from you too, not many, but don't worry, we won't do anything with it.
- Injuries - bad luck? Poor execution? Bad communication? Who knows, they keep piling up.
- Need some special teams plays, forget about it.
- Do you need to get through into the backfield to stop a run or cream the QB? Let me get out of your way.
- Yeah, we are going to own you on the clock. And we are going to score 3 points just about every third of fourth drive.

The first two drives were comical. Sacks, injuries, penalties, etc. It was sloppy, undisciplined, and embarrassing. Preseason or not, that was horrible football. And these are all problems anyone of us could have predicted, and yet they manifest themsleves worse than ever. They can only get better. Gradkowski hit the ref with the football - only the Steelers can do that. Yes, I am pessimistic at this point. I hope they improve. If not, they are going to get slaughtered every game.

On a positive note, the LB looked pretty good. Despite the OL, the running game seems to work, and I don't think the Steelers wasted any time outs or mismanaged the clock.

Here is hoping to some improvement for the last game.

TarlsQtr
08-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Step away from the ledge, people. If they look like that on September 19th, then it is time to panic.

K Train
08-20-2013, 09:37 AM
as usual, if they dont win in a blowout in the preseason they are heading for a disappointing season and they suck.

Starting oline looked good last week, rough this week...its a work in progress. Theres still 2 games, i hope they go 0-4 in the preseason because it makes everyone cry

JensK
08-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Couple of things I noticed.

- First and foremost, the o-line needs some help, however I do think that they'll improve. As its been mentioned a million times already, we only have one person returning at the same position as last year. Furthermore, they are learning a new blocking system and they played one of the better front-7s in the League... I think they'll be fine. I do not like how Gilbert is looking though.

- Paulson is a very good receiving TE, but my god he is rubbish at blocking.

- Sanders might very well be our best WR right now; he is looking very sharp. Speaking of WRs, Wheaton looks like the real deal too.

- On the subject of rookies! I feel like they are dropping Jarvis Jones back into coverage far more than what they would have done in a regular season game. I can only assume that this is because he needs the experience doing so. He actually did a decent job doing so, although he can look awfully slow in open Space from time to time.
When he rushes the passer, I feel like he is engaging too high. He is FAR to easy to push out of balance. He does appear to be around the ball though, which is good.

- Same can be said about Thomas. He is just all over the place when given the chance. He is a keeper!

- Our d-line is shady... Hood is horrible and while I'm a Heyward fan, he needs to start showing more. Not really feeling McClendon either.

- Landry Jones had a very very nice game. I was impressed with his footwork and he made some ok decisions. He could become a solid backup if he continues to grow.

-

-

steelersbabex25
08-20-2013, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=JensK;553847

- Paulson is a very good receiving TE, but my god he is rubbish at blocking

-[/QUOTE]

This. He is definitely no Heath Miller when it comes to blocking and i can see.that hurting us if Heath doesnt get healthy soon

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Landry Jones was a bright spot. He's improving.

Big T
08-20-2013, 10:26 AM
as usual, if they dont win in a blowout in the preseason they are heading for a disappointing season and they suck.

Starting oline looked good last week, rough this week...its a work in progress. Theres still 2 games, i hope they go 0-4 in the preseason because it makes everyone cry

Thank you. Reading some of the comments around here have me laughing and shaking my head at the same time. The offensive line played very well week one, not a peep about it on here. They struggle last night, and now we will have a top 10 pick in next years draft.

The overreactions in preseason are hilarious.

steelspikes
08-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Third pre-season game is usually the "dress-rehearsal" for opening day. Will look for O-line improvement then; if it's not there that may spell trouble. Reserving judgement for now.

coldrolled
08-20-2013, 11:18 AM
The actual Steelers should be getting upset enough to play harder now..... We shall see in game #3..

We have a handful of old guys and a lot of Tomlin young'ins. This is Tomlin's year... Colbert should be up his rear soon!

NeilPatrickBanana
08-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Beachum should start over foster

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2013, 12:03 PM

Come on K. Your over exaggerating again. The O-line was alarmingly bad with poor QB protection and penalties.

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Thank you. Reading some of the comments around here have me laughing and shaking my head at the same time. The offensive line played very well week one, not a peep about it on here. They struggle last night, and now we will have a top 10 pick in next years draft.

The overreactions in preseason are hilarious.

You two are over reacting. No one said the things you two are accusing. The O-line just played poorly. Come on and lighten up. You two are in mid season form already. LOL

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Third pre-season game is usually the "dress-rehearsal" for opening day. Will look for O-line improvement then; if it's not there that may spell trouble. Reserving judgement for now.

I hear ya. Looking forward to the next game.

LatrobePA
08-20-2013, 12:15 PM
In week one the o line played OK, I wouldn't give them an A, maybe C that game. There's no pass protection... Nodda zip!

Big T
08-20-2013, 12:39 PM
You two are over reacting. No one said the things you two are accusing. The O-line just played poorly. Come on and lighten up. You two are in mid season form already. LOL

Let's see, shall we?

I can't believe another years worth of **** o line play.

4-12?

Steelers 6-10 and I'm saying it now..........

Tomlin you put together a shotty *** team!

This team will be a bottom dweller this season!

That isn't good....lol I'm looking forward to a top ten draft pick....lol

Steelers are gonna be really bad this year!

Marcus Gilbert and Mike Adams should be given pink slips TONIGHT!!!!! They were absolutely pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better get ready for a rebuilding year, because we definitely haven't reloaded.

perhaps a top 10 pick in next years draft is highly likely

TarlsQtr
08-20-2013, 12:42 PM

Actually, multiple people said last night that we are going to get a top 10 pick. And then a poster today said that "We can't draft a good RB" on the basis that Bell got hurt and you agreed with him.

K and T are right...

LevonKirkland99: Bell injured again? we can't draft a good RB for God's sake...

KTrain: Lets take it easy

You: I don't think this is an over reaction K.

Big T
08-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Actually, multiple people said last night that we are going to get a top 10 pick. And then a poster today said that "We can't draft a good RB" on the basis that Bell got hurt and you agreed with him.

K and T are right...

Exactly. I love his "logic" too. We are overreacting by telling people not to overreact... Lol.

WindyCityShaker
08-20-2013, 12:50 PM
It is certainly too early to panic, but do not confuse panic with reason for concern.

The O-Line did look good in week 1, but the Giants pass rush was significantly slowed down because LSH ran the ball so successfully. If we cannot establish a consistent run game, there is no hope of protecting Ben. When the run was/is successful it is usually due to cut backs, and counter plays, any type of run moving straight ahead doesn't seem to be too effective.....for now.

Pouncey - expect MUCH better
Adams - Really? Really? Last night was horrendous. Show me some improvement. I will say he seemed to improve with more reps last year, hopefully that holds true this year.

I thought the D was decent for the most part. Arnfelt had another good game, and I thought I saw Woods being active for a few more plays again last night. At this rate either should start over Hood.

The rookies are all impressive, I'm not worried about Bell, other than the fact he cannot stay on the field.

In addition to his explosiveness from the safety position Thomas seems to be very capable of coverage up near the line of scrimmage as well which I wasn't exactly aware he could do effectively.

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2013, 12:51 PM
My bad K & T. I didn't see those post. If someone is actually saying we are in store for a top 10 pick, then they must be low on medication.

And I didn't agree that we can't draft a good RB. I said that Bell is hurt and that Dwyer may have to start in the season opener. As usual, Tarlsqtr lies like he breaths. That's why he's been on my ignore list for months.

Sorry K & T

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Exactly. I love his "logic" too. We are overreacting by telling people not to overreact... Lol.

My bad. But people have a right to be concerned. O-line pass protection was terrible.

TarlsQtr
08-20-2013, 12:53 PM
My bad K & T. I didn't see those post. If someone is actually saying we are in store for a top 10 pick, then they must be low on medication.

And I didn't agree that we can't draft a good RB. I said that Bell is hurt and that Dwyer may have to start in the season opener. As usual, Tarlsqtr lies like he breaths. That's why he's been on my ignore list for months.

Sorry K & T

LOL I QUOTED YOU. You said BOTH.

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Pete Prisco of CBS Sports says the Bengals win it all this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/23148716/predicting-every-nfl-game-no-perfect-records-but-a-few-surprises

Big T
08-20-2013, 01:01 PM
My bad. But people have a right to be concerned. O-line pass protection was terrible.

People have every right to be concerned (and obviously have their own opinions). The overreactions and insane notions are just annoying. I understand if people have questions about the O line, I certainly do, and last night certainly didn't help answer those questions... But for people to make these claims after one preseason game is just silly. Especially taking into consideration that they looked a lot better the week before.

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2013, 01:07 PM
the O-line looked "okay" last week. Nothing to panic over but nothing to write home to momma about either.

K Train
08-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Pete Prisco of CBS Sports says

This is usually where i stop reading

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2013, 02:25 PM
This is usually where i stop reading

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I know huh?? Prisco is a cornball! And the kiss of death. I wonder why he did that to the Bengals?

LatrobePA
08-20-2013, 02:55 PM
So far I'm not too sure why anyone would pick this team to do much. They haven't proved nothing yet.

coldrolled
08-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Week 1 and Week 2 will decide that story for us..

Clevelandsux
08-20-2013, 03:47 PM

Agreed. Steelers are a work in progress. Many young players that haven't gelled yet. If we are playing like this in week 8 then we have reason to worry.

Big T
08-20-2013, 04:32 PM
At this rate, the Steelers might be checking the waiver wire for running backs to have enough warm bodies on the roster for the rest of training camp.

The Steelers suffered three more injuries to their running backs Monday night in their second preseason game.

Nine days after his Steelers debut was postponed due to a left knee bruise, rookie running back Le'Veon Bell got the starting nod, but his stay on the field against the Washington Redskins was brief.

Bell, a second-round draft pick from Michigan State, left after the first drive with a foot injury and did not return. Coach Mike Tomlin described it as a mid-foot injury and said Bell will have an MRI today.

The first four plays for the Steelers were handoffs to Bell, who gained 9 yards. Bell and veteran Isaac Redman were listed as co-starters this week, but Redman did not dress after getting a stinger in practice last week.

Late in the first half, starting fullback Will Johnson injured his ribs when he received a hard hit over the middle. He did not return. In the third quarter, Baron Batch left with a stinger. In addition, LaRod Stephens-Howling, the leading rusher in the preseason opener against the New York Giants, has a knee strain and did not dress.

With the others banged up, Jonathan Dwyer got plenty of work and ran 14 times for 68 yards in three quarters.

"I was hoping Red and LaRod would go in the dressing room and get dressed up," Dwyer said afterward with a smile. "That's what I had to do. I had to step up and take responsibility to do what I had to do for my room and my team."

Dwyer ran especially well behind the first-team offensive line early.

"It was good," he said. "I wasn't supposed to go for three [quarters]. I had fun. We were moving the ball really well. We were beating ourselves."

Ben undaunted

The first-team offense has yet to account for a touchdown in two preseason games, but quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is not concerned about the lackluster performances.

"Our goal the first two games, no game plan, we said let's feature the back and establish an identity and run the ball," Roethlisberger said. "That's why I'm not putting too much stock into what's happening out there. There are a lot of plays in the passing game we're not taking advantage of because we're trying to run the ball."

Jones impressive

Rookie linebacker Jarvis Jones, the No. 1 pick out of Georgia, forced a fumble in the first half and played a lot of snaps with the first-team defense. This came one week after he recovered a fumble against the Giants.

"Anytime we can get the ball out and give our offense a chance to score some points, it's great for us," Jones said. "It's been good. I'm learning. I still have a long way to go. Our defense is so complex. But I'm learning.

"The older guys are helping me. I just have to continue to believe in myself and have confidence and keep grinding and working hard. I just have to continue to go out there and give it my all and find my role."

Count veteran linebacker LaMarr Woodley among those Jones has impressed.

"Jarvis is making a lot of big-time plays out there," Woodley said. "He is going to continue to make plays. He is still learning the defense.

"I think Jarvis is going to be good. He is getting better and better each game."

Another Jones impresses, too

Fourth-round pick Landry Jones, who has struggled in training camp, entered in the second half and led the Steelers to their first touchdown drive. Jones completed a 10-yard touchdown pass to Derek Moye to complete an eight-play, 76-yard drive. It was the first touchdown the offense produced in the preseason.

"He did a good job, got his first touchdown and completed a lot of good passes," Roethlisberger said.

Homecomings

New special-teams coach Danny Smith, who spent the past nine seasons in the same role with the Redskins, shook hands with members of Washington's coaching staff and others on the field before the game. Also returning to Fed Ex Field was safety Ryan Clark, who played for the Redskins in 2004 and 2005. Clark, who wears No. 25, still dons a No. 21 practice jersey in honor of former Redskins teammate Sean Taylor, who died in 2007.

Moorman unimpressive

Free-agent punter Brian Moorman, battling with incumbent Drew Butler, had punts of 40 and 36 yards. Moorman and Butler were listed as co-starters this week. Moorman handled the punting in the first half; Butler in the second.

Inactives

Other that did not dress for the Steelers: cornerback Cortez Allen (knee), linebackers Stevenson Sylvester (ankle) and Sean Spence (knee), offensive lineman Justin Cheadle (hamstring) and tight ends Heath Miller (knee), David Johnson (knee) and Matt Spaeth (foot).

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-injuries-force-dwyer-to-work-overtime-700037/#ixzz2cWxJvOrV

Nolrog
08-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Considering that we have two #1s and two #2s on the OL, the play has been completely unacceptable. They look just as bad and over matched as ever.

TarlsQtr
08-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Considering that we have two #1s and two #2s on the OL, the play has been completely unacceptable. They look just as bad and over matched as ever.

Or you can look at it as a line with an undrafted free agent and two rookies (Adams and Decastro missed most of their rookie seasons).

Nolrog
08-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Or you can look at it as a line with an undrafted free agent and two rookies (Adams and Decastro missed most of their rookie seasons).

But even Pouncey looked like crap. And Gilbert as well. They all looked like ****.

steelersbabex25
08-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Saying the oline looks like **** is farrrrrrrrr from an over reaction. Probably an under reaction really..

LatrobePA
08-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Saying the oline looks like **** is farrrrrrrrr from an over reaction. Probably an under reaction really..

Like... lol

Tootie
08-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Sorry! I was embarrassed on Monday night. We look terrible. Some looked like they had never played the game before. And Tomlin, as usual, looked like a deer in headlights...LOST and over his head.

The good news: top 10 draft pick coming!
The bad news: Tomlin will screw it up.

K Train
08-21-2013, 08:17 AM
the only way to see what to work on while changing entire schemes from one to another is live action. Jarvis jones was drawing rave reviews in camp, but during his playing time they find out what holes are in his game, Same for the oline going against a really tough front 7.

Oh, and its ****ing PRESEASON. I have never seen the steelers look like they are in midseason form by preseason game #2

TarlsQtr
08-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Yeah, we will be getting Clowney!!! ;-)

K Train
08-21-2013, 09:05 AM
If they got clowney they would RUIN him. leBUM would sit him on the bench and he would SUCK and they would NEVER WIN A GAME AGAIN

yawn....

coldrolled
08-21-2013, 09:08 AM
He will be a Jaquar or Panther or Lion.. I think his Chinese sign is the Feline..

steelers75
08-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Sorry! I was embarrassed on Monday night. We look terrible. Some looked like they had never played the game before. And Tomlin, as usual, looked like a deer in headlights...LOST and over his head.

The good news: top 10 draft pick coming!
The bad news: Tomlin will screw it up.

You do realize Colbert has a hand in the picks, right?

Real Deal Steel
08-21-2013, 12:43 PM
He will be a Jaquar or Panther or Lion.. I think his Chinese sign is the Feline..

Panther?? Lion?? Both those ballclubs are not that bad. He will be a Jaguar, Raider or Jet.

Speeed
08-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Look at who Jones was playing against in practice. That speaks volumes.

the only way to see what to work on while changing entire schemes from one to another is live action. Jarvis jones was drawing rave reviews in camp, but during his playing time they find out what holes are in his game, Same for the oline going against a really tough front 7.

Oh, and its ****ing PRESEASON. I have never seen the steelers look like they are in midseason form by preseason game #2

coldrolled
08-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Look at who Jones was playing against in practice. That speaks volumes.

I would image the teams with solid #2 and #3 QB's win more preseason games.
I don't think were rated high in that department right now...

SuperSteelers
08-21-2013, 06:00 PM
I had high hopes for this team before the preseason started but after numerous injuries and the way they looked in the first two preseason games it is not looking good at all folks. I knew there would be some growing pains but did not expect it in every phase of the team. When I have a lot of friends and family that are K.C.and Miami fans telling me that they haven't seen the Steelers this bad in a long time, it makes me believe this is going to be a tough year. I'm just going to come out and say it...THIS STEELER TEAM LOOKS AWFUL.

Big T
08-21-2013, 06:11 PM
I had high hopes for this team before the preseason started but after numerous injuries and the way they looked in the first two preseason games it is not looking good at all folks. I knew there would be some growing pains but did not expect it in every phase of the team. When I have a lot of friends and family that are K.C.and Miami fans telling me that they haven't seen the Steelers this bad in a long time, it makes me believe this is going to be a tough year. I'm just going to come out and say it...THIS STEELER TEAM LOOKS AWFUL.

The defense has looked solid overall. Special Teams struggled in game one due to two players who most likely won't make the team. The offensive line was solid in game 1, struggled in game 2. The first team offense hasn't even got past the most basic sh*t you can call. Come regular season and the offense wont look remotely close to what has been shown so far in the preseason. I guarantee you that. They've been testing out a new run blocking scheme and new backs. Seriously people need to chill out and understand what's going on. It's just ignorant. Especially the people b*tching about the play calling.

Real Deal Steel
08-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Good to see everyone in mid-season form.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2013, 06:29 PM
The defense has looked solid overall. Special Teams struggled in game one due to two players who most likely won't make the team. The offensive line was solid in game 1, struggled in game 2. The first team offense hasn't even got past the most basic sh*t you can call. Come regular season and the offense wont look remotely close to what has been shown so far in the preseason. I guarantee you that. They've been testing out a new run blocking scheme and new backs. Seriously people need to chill out and understand what's going on. It's just ignorant. Especially the people b*tching about the play calling.

Some of us like me just don't have high expectations coming into the season and my opinion has nothing to do with the pre-season.......The offense line is young and will go through some growing pains........The running game is still a question mark and now Bell is hurt.......I think the WR's will be fine and will make plays but Ben is going to need to have time in the pocket to throw to his WR's......The TE position is a mess due to injury and Paulson couldn't block me.......lol

The defense as well is going to have some youth injected in it.....I think they will be a solid unit but I don't see them being a dominating unit........

I see this team at 8-8 at best and hopefully I'm wrong.........

Big T
08-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Some of us like me just don't have high expectations coming into the season and my opinion has nothing to do with the pre-season.......The offense line is young and will go through some growing pains........The running game is still a question mark and now Bell is hurt.......I think the WR's will be fine and will make plays but Ben is going to need to have time in the pocket to throw to his WR's......The TE position is a mess due to injury and Paulson couldn't block me.......lol

The defense as well is going to have some youth injected in it.....I think they will be a solid unit but I don't see them being a dominating unit........

I see this team at 8-8 at best and hopefully I'm wrong.........

That's fine, I can respect that. The sh*t that annoys me is all the overreactions from last game. It's sad. Especially the "Bell is injury prone" "we can't draft RBs" sh*t. Everyone knows I wasn't a fan of the Bell pick but that's ridiculous.

SuperSteelers
08-21-2013, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

NYCsteelersfan
08-22-2013, 11:37 PM
anyone who thinks the offensive line is going to be fine based on one preseason game is an idiot. Anyone that thinks the offensive line is bad based on one preseason game is a moron.

This team's offensive line has not been consistently good for 3 seasons now. At best, they are inconsistent. And at their worst, they are consistently bad. People swore that just because the team already spent a couple high draft picks on the OL that the OL would be fine and no other attention would be necessary. When in reality, the offensive line will be good when it's good, not when the team has spent a couple high picks that end up not panning out.

This team has one of the worst OL in the league and will therefore have one of the worst pass offenses in the league. Prepare for the pain this season. 7-9 at best.

Real Deal Steel
08-22-2013, 11:41 PM
anyone who thinks the offensive line is going to be fine based on one preseason game is an idiot. Anyone that thinks the offensive line is bad based on one preseason game is a moron.

This team's offensive line has not been consistently good for 3 seasons now. At best, they are inconsistent. And at their worst, they are consistently bad. People swore that just because the team already spent a couple high draft picks on the OL that the OL would be fine and no other attention would be necessary. When in reality, the offensive line will be good when it's good, not when the team has spent a couple high picks that end up not panning out.

This team has one of the worst OL in the league and will therefore have one of the worst pass offenses in the league. Prepare for the pain this season. 7-9 at best.

wow. lot of doom and gloom.

I will say that if the O-line ends up stinking up the joint this year, it's time to explore the possibilities that the coaches (not just coach) of the O-line need to be dismissed. Too many years with subpar O-line play is an indication of bad coaching.

Big T
08-23-2013, 12:04 AM
This team has one of the worst OL in the league and will therefore have one of the worst pass offenses in the league.

That is horribly ignorant. Try telling that to the Packers, Lions, Colts, etc...

Real Deal Steel
08-23-2013, 12:13 AM
True dat.

Dean Denton
08-23-2013, 05:46 AM
If you think this team is gonna suck, you're right. The def will average 40 min a game because we have no oline, no running game and a bunch of alt receivers at wr. We have nothing and will be lucky to win 5 games. Can't wait for drafft day. Tomlin needs to go if we miss the playoffs again. Acrub...

NYCsteelersfan
08-24-2013, 07:20 PM
That is horribly ignorant. Try telling that to the Packers, Lions, Colts, etc...

So because you named three teams out of 31 that have a worst offensive line than the Steelers, then that means the Steelers offensive line isn't one of the worst in the league? Are you dumb or just doing your duty as resident cheerleader?

NeilPatrickBanana
08-24-2013, 07:24 PM
the season is almost here... they return

NYCsteelersfan
08-24-2013, 07:35 PM
somethings never change. There will always be members who come on to post negativity when negativity exists, and there will always be those who blindly suck off Mike Tomlin, smile and ask for more.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-24-2013, 07:40 PM

So because you named three teams out of 31 that have a worst offensive line than the Steelers, then that means the Steelers offensive line isn't one of the worst in the league? Are you dumb or just doing your duty as resident cheerleader?

and there will be those who struggle with reading comprehension

NYCsteelersfan
08-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Please, wipe your mouth when you talk to me.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Please, wipe your mouth when you talk to me.

we're glad to have you back, can't wait to hear more of your thoughtful football analysis
[gulp]
yummy, tastes like ignorance

Big T
08-24-2013, 09:14 PM
and there will be those who struggle with reading comprehension

It's ok. I was raised not to make fun of those that are mentally handicapped. It isn't his fault.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-24-2013, 09:18 PM
It's ok. I was raised not to make fun of those that are mentally handicapped. It isn't his fault.

youre insulting mentally handicapped people
lol

Big T
08-24-2013, 09:23 PM
youre insulting mentally handicapped people
lol

Perhaps you're right lol

NYCsteelersfan
08-24-2013, 09:56 PM
"hahaha you're so clever Big T."
"Not as clever as you Banana boy. Let's suck each other while listening to a Tomlin postgame interview."
"Sounds great."