PDA

View Full Version : Most important part of pro bowl?

BlackGold4vr
02-10-2007, 09:45 PM
No Pittsburgh Steelers were injured in a meaningless game won by the AFC 31-28. Drew Brees suffered a dislocated elbow to his non throwing arm and Chad Johnson had a hyper-extended knee but later came back in the game to play. Casey Hampton made a few good plays in the backfield. Willie played okay but didn't break any long ones. Faneca played quite a bit. Troy played but didn't do anything spectacular! Just glad none of our stars were injured. Big hit of the game was delivered by Shawn Taylor of the Skins on the AFC punter who tried to run for a first down on a fake punt and was hit so hard his kids felt it!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-10-2007, 09:47 PM
The most important part is its over. I watched bits and pieces of it. Mostly to see Fast Willie. Since this was his first Pro Bowl. The other Steelers there have been there before.

Koopa
02-10-2007, 09:49 PM
damn, those punters were ****ing amazing lol, the wind might've helped a little but damn that last punt made hester back up like 20 yards, but he still did badass with the ball......... i bring up the punters to point out that is what the steelers need, a dude with a boot, cause the cowboys punter and the bills punter have a big time boot

willie did ok, if him and vince played to getter more vince wouldn't have thrown that one int and willie would've probably had a td............

casey with the big stuff on romo at the goal line was great

hester made troy look like a fool twice on that one punt return

this was a good game, it was my first time watching the whole game, usually these games bore the hell out of me lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I set the DVR for this so I'll watch it later tonight or tomorrow. Thank goodness we came out of this with no injuries and our players apparently had a good time.

Now get your asses back to Pittsburgh and get to work for 2007 :lol:

PITT23
02-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, to see a Steeler injured in a game they weren't even trying that hard in would suck. Hopefully Brees is OK.

BlitzburghNation
02-10-2007, 10:12 PM
:iagree:
They shouldn't even play that wothless game !
They should have all the probowlers compete in a skills challenge that's less chance of injury and there would be more fan's watching :bigthumb:

BengalBrian
02-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Palmer named Most Outstanding Player in Pro Bowl!!!

BlackGold4vr
02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
:smashbengals:

Palmer and Chad both played well in a meaningless game! Looking forward to some more epic battles in the AFC North this coming year!

:beer3:

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-10-2007, 10:49 PM

Guess that is the highlight of the Bengals season with all the arrest and all :lol:

BengalBrian
02-10-2007, 11:03 PM
:smashbengals:

Palmer and Chad both played well in a meaningless game! Looking forward to some more epic battles in the AFC North this coming year!

:beer3:
Meaningless yes.. But he still looked sharp.. Cant really deny that

Guess that is the highlight of the Bengals season with all the arrest and all :lol:
It tops your highlight. Playing 'spoiler' instead of 'contender'. I'd rather be in the race and fall short than hope we win one game so another team doesn't get to go. But to each his own

Black@Gold Forever32
02-10-2007, 11:07 PM

It tops your highlight. Playing 'spoiler' instead of 'contender'. I'd rather be in the race and fall short than hope we win one game so another team doesn't get to go. But to each his own

But the bottom line we were both 8-8 so it doesn't matter.:bluelol: Both teams didn't live up to our expectations this year.

BengalBrian
02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
But the bottom line we were both 8-8 so it doesn't matter.:bluelol: Both teams didn't live up to our expectations this year.

This is very true.. Just saying the highlight to our season was a little better.. Not much.. lol

Black@Gold Forever32
02-10-2007, 11:11 PM
This is very true.. Just saying the highlight to our season was a little better.. Not much.. lol

I know man.lol But when your both 8-8 its like arguing who is hotter Rosie O'Donnell or Oprah.:bluelol:

floodcitygirl
02-10-2007, 11:12 PM
This is very true.. Just saying the highlight to our season was a little better.. Not much.. lolOh...I don't know both being 8-8...and then knocking out your playoff hopes...at home....it was definately a highlight for me! :lol:

BengalBrian
02-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I know man.lol But when your both 8-8 its like arguing who is hotter Rosie O'Donnell or Oprah.:bluelol:

I wasn't the one who brought it up.. Just happy Carson did well.. ;)

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-10-2007, 11:15 PM

Brian,

It's cool cause we will be back in the thick of the lombardi chase next year. While the Bengals will just be content to make the playoffs. If they can make it that far.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Oh...I don't know both being 8-8...and then knocking out your playoff hopes...at home....it was definately a highlight for me! :lol:

It was a highlight for all of us; which shows just how pathetic our season was when we had to be content with not making the playoffs.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-10-2007, 11:17 PM
I wasn't the one who brought it up.. Just happy Carson did well.. ;)

Again I know Brian. Just saying both sides can't really smack as of right now since we were both 8-8.lol As for Palmer he did real well. But I don't hate Carson Palmer and you know I think highly of him. He torched Notre Dame his senior year at USC. Any player that takes it to the Irish like that I'm a fan of.:bluelol:

floodcitygirl
02-10-2007, 11:17 PM
It was a highlight for all of us; which shows just how pathetic our season was when we had to be content with not making the playoffs.HEY! It was a bigger highlight for me than any of you cause I have to live here....so there!!!! :lol:

Steelerlyn
02-10-2007, 11:49 PM
I like Carson Palmer ALOT, I love college football so I have watched him through all his years at USC. He is not only a great football player with class, except for the one time he said something against the Steelers. Otherwise, he is also well spoken. I turned NFLN on and I saw some tiger stripped helmets so I turned the channel immediately. See I do not like the big mouthed bungholes. I do like Carson Palmer, he is cut from a totally different cloth than the thugs on his team, in fact, Palmer is the one who has spoken out against his thuggy (is that a word) :dunno: teammates because they are bringing the whole team down. (which is fine with me) LOL

:banana: :lol: :hilarious: :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2007, 09:21 AM
HEY! It was a bigger highlight for me than any of you cause I have to live here....so there!!!! :lol:

Believe me I love knocking them out of the playoffs too; if we can't go then they weren't allowed to go either. I just hate having to reach for something to look positive about; but if we have to, then knocking out the bengals is definitely pretty satisfying. :tt02:

BengalBrian
02-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Believe me I love knocking them out of the playoffs too; if we can't go then they weren't allowed to go either. I just hate having to reach for something to look positive about; but if we have to, then knocking out the bengals is definitely pretty satisfying. :tt02:

If definitely would have been a much darker offseason for you guys if you blew that game.. Not taking anything away from it at all.. It was a great moral victory for the Steelers

Steelx
02-11-2007, 10:58 AM
If definitely would have been a much darker offseason for you guys if you blew that game.. Not taking anything away from it at all.. It was a great moral victory for the Steelers
And a horrid loss for the Bengals.

TampaSteelGirl
02-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I thought the game was pretty good but that damn Suggs is so ghetto! Even in a Pro Bowl game he's gotta hit low and hurt people. I can't stand that guy! But it was nice to see our boys! Hines better get in next year!!! :tt02:

BengalBrian
02-11-2007, 11:23 AM
And a horrid loss for the Bengals.

That is was... We choked the W right up

Black@Gold Forever32
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I thought the game was pretty good but that damn Suggs is so ghetto! Even in a Pro Bowl game he's gotta hit low and hurt people. I can't stand that guy! But it was nice to see our boys! Hines better get in next year!!! :tt02:

I agree, I hate Suggs. He is a punk. During Ben's rookie year Suggs drove Big Ben into the ground with the attent to hurt Ben.

TampaSteelGirl
02-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I agree, I hate Suggs. He is a punk. During Ben's rookie year Suggs drove Big Ben into the ground with the attent to hurt Ben.

Yea and he did that this year as well. A few play where he wasn't blocked and had full access to Ben, he powerdrove him to the ground. Where the hell was the roughing the passer penalty on some of that unnecessary hitting! Also the play where 3 of them sandwiched him!! I was so freakin mad! If we touch Carson Palmer to hard he's bawling for a penalty! I don't like Carson Palmer because he hates us so badly because of what happened with Kimo and his knee, Kimo didn't do it on purpose unlike a player like Suggs who means to hurt the QB, Kimo felt horrible! The only reason I do like Palmer is because he's the only one on the Bengal team with morals! He needs to pull his team together so they all can stay out of jail!! :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2007, 12:02 PM

Care to place bets on if we meet again next year in a similar scenario? Hopefully with alot more on the line ? :lol:

BengalBrian
02-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Care to place bets on if we meet again next year in a similar scenario? Hopefully with alot more on the line ? :lol:

Sig bet? :)

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Sounds like a plan :yesnod:

BlackGold4vr
02-12-2007, 02:14 PM

TG......does this mean if the Bengirls finish better than us you will make him a new sig or does it mean you will change yours to a Bengirl sig? :scratch:

:stirpot:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-12-2007, 03:24 PM
This has become somewhat of a tradition between CB and SA. Usually during the regular season games we'll do a sig competition. The loser has to use a sig that the winner creates for at least 1 full week. So if we win, Brian will have to use something that SA creates and vice versa.

Now if we were to meet in the playoffs again, then we'll have to come up with something even more "special" :lol:

BengalBrian
02-13-2007, 01:54 AM

Well then lets iron this out.. lol

If the Bengals win, you have to change the default style of your site to be black and orange for a week.. If the Steelers win, I will change CB yellow and GOLD (really yellow ;))

lol

Ok.. Not really a sig bet, but its creative :D

Steelersfan
02-13-2007, 01:58 AM
How about if we win you upload our skin to your site and if you win we upload yours here. And we make them default and so the members can't choose!

BengalBrian
02-14-2007, 12:39 AM
How about if we win you upload our skin to your site and if you win we upload yours here. And we make them default and so the members can't choose!

Simple enough I think.. Cant you just export them? Custom graphics would have to be uploaded for it to be complete. I dont want it to be too much of a pain in the *** for you, so if you wanna just make it colors, that is fine :D

Steelersfan
02-14-2007, 12:45 AM
That's what I mean. When we win I'll export our skin and send it to you. Then you can just upload it.....lol And yes we would need to upload the images if you wanted them to match but that is no biggy. The colors would be there without them......lol

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Betting already? :lol:

Steelersfan
02-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Betting already? :lol:

Well of course!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Im going to take so many screenshots of CB when we win and post them up all over the place here so we can show off our sister site to everyone :lol:

Steelersfan
02-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Im going to take so many screenshots of CB when we win and post them up all over the place here so we can show off our sister site to everyone :lol:

Sister site!!!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

:plus1:

BengalBrian
02-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Whats the actual bet again? Our first meeting? Or maybe a sweep of the series is the winner? Best record in the AFC-N?

Thoughts? Lets finalize this shizit!!! ;)

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2007, 05:50 AM
We could do sig bets for the 2 regular games, and then the team who finishes with the better record at the end of the season wins the bet with the forum skins? or we could just do the forum skins for both games instead ?

BengalBrian
02-17-2007, 01:20 AM
We could do sig bets for the 2 regular games, and then the team who finishes with the better record at the end of the season wins the bet with the forum skins? or we could just do the forum skins for both games instead ?

I figured if we did the series between the two, it would make for some fun between the two games.. The winner gets to remind the loser that their team HAS to win to stop it from happening.. lol It could get fun... For either of us of course.. lol And if we split, we can carry it into the playoffs if we both make it...

And sig bets for the games each works for me.. Say, whoever loses wears the sig of winner's choice for 1 week's time.. On their own site of course...

deal?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-17-2007, 06:18 AM
Sounds good to me :yesnod:

BengalBrian
02-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Sounds good to me :yesnod:

Mind sending me your style? I am going to put it on and work out any bugs now JUST in case.. lol

Go ahead and email it to me.. Its brian at

cincy

bengals

dot com

:)

I will reply with our style