PDA

View Full Version : Cortez Allen undergoes minor knee surgery

Big T
08-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Steelers cornerback Cortez Allen was stepping into a bigger role this year, but he won’t be stepping into it for a few weeks.

The Steelers released a statement from coach Mike Tomlin, saying Allen had “minor surgery on his right knee” today.

“We wanted him to get the surgery done now so he can begin rehabilitating immediately,” the statement read. “This surgery was a minor procedure and will have no long-term effects on his return to the field. We look forward to his rehabilitation process and having him back on the field in a couple of weeks.”

Allen, who is replacing free agent departure Keenan Lewis in the starting lineup, has been sidelined in recent days. If the procedure is as minor as Tomlin says, having him ready before the end of the preseason seems reasonable.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/steelers-announce-knee-surgery-for-cortez-allen/

Big T
08-02-2013, 01:53 PM
@EdBouchette: With Cortez Allen out and William Gay moving up to LCB, look for #Steelers to use rookie Shamarko Thomas in the nickel defense

K Train
08-02-2013, 02:06 PM
SHAMARKO

Big T
08-02-2013, 02:22 PM
SHAMARKO

<3 <3 <3

TarlsQtr
08-02-2013, 02:39 PM
SHAMARKO

GAY....

Oh no...

LatrobePA
08-02-2013, 03:26 PM
SHAMARKO

Ditto!

SteelCityKid5
08-02-2013, 03:53 PM
SHAMARKNADO....just kidding.. well I guess I'll (we'll) get to see what this rocket missile is made of earlier than planed!

Real Deal Steel
08-02-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm so tired of them not really investing in the secondary properly. I'd like to see them use a second round pick on a cornerback with some real talent that may be able to develop into a guy who we can leave on an island.

Gay moving to LCB terrifies me.

ChucktownSteeler
08-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Gay will only be keeping the spot warm. Allen will be back in a few weeks.

Real Deal Steel
08-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah,

But my point is we have virtually no quality depth at CB.

Goodfrom55
08-02-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm so tired of them not really investing in the secondary properly. I'd like to see them use a second round pick on a cornerback with some real talent that may be able to develop into a guy who we can leave on an island.

Gay moving to LCB terrifies me.

I'd rather they sign Big Snack to play Corner in lieu of Gay. Hopefully Cortez recovers quickly.

ChucktownSteeler
08-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Yeah,

But my point is we have virtually no quality depth at CB.

I understand your concern, but I think we are a little better than last season at this time (in the secondary). There were so many holes one draft couldn't plug them all.

I am getting a good feeling about this season.

Real Deal Steel
08-03-2013, 01:55 AM
yeah, can't fix them all. "sigh".

NeilPatrickBanana
08-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I think we have better CB depth now than any time in recent memory

JensK
08-03-2013, 09:22 AM
I think we have better CB depth now than any time in recent memory

As long as they can get on the field that is.

Real Deal Steel
08-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Depth..yes.

Quality?...not so sure. I'd like one lockdown stud CB.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Depth..yes.

So would about 22 teams in the NFL.........Plus the rules in the NFL really prevent corners from being shut down corners....

K Train
08-03-2013, 12:51 PM
once they get the system the steelers are pretty CB friendly when it comes to physical play.

Everyone also seems to be writing off curtis brown, i think he could turn the corner this year

Real Deal Steel
08-03-2013, 02:37 PM
So would about 22 teams in the NFL.........Plus the rules in the NFL really prevent corners from being shut down corners....

Don't care about those 22 teams. Those teams don't have the high standards of excellence that we expect and demand. Just think how creative we could get on defense if we had one stud CB that we can just put on the best WR of the other team? We would be an absolute terror to the opposing offense.

ChucktownSteeler
08-03-2013, 02:45 PM
i think he could turn the corner this year

Pun intended?

Rocky#20
08-03-2013, 06:52 PM
If Jones can provide the pressure that we all hope he can,that can help cover up any weaknesses at corner.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Depth..yes.

Ike Taylor is a lockdown CB... within the zone system.

you just aren't going to get a CB to man island on every snap in our defense

i think your definition of lockdown corner and the steelers zone blitz scheme are oil and water.

TarlsQtr
08-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Ike Taylor is a lockdown CB... within the zone system.

you just aren't going to get a CB to man island on every snap in our defense

i think your definition of lockdown corner and the steelers zone blitz scheme are oil and water.

Exactly. It is why they do not pursue big names and overpay at the position.

A serviceable CB is enough under DL's system and Ike is more than serviceable.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

SnakeEyes43
08-04-2013, 10:42 AM

Ike's last contract was a pretty nice payday. A few on this site even thought he was a little overpaid if I remember correctly...

coldrolled
08-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Ike's last contract was a pretty nice payday. A few on this site even thought he was a little overpaid if I remember correctly...

Eventually you have to pay the good players....

TarlsQtr
08-04-2013, 01:03 PM

Well, Ike has never gotten much love from Steelers fans. I am not sure why other than his inability to hold on the ball. He is a very strong CB. If he were to get Revis type money, it would not be the Steelers to pay it though. Our D does not require the "Revis" type of CB to be effective.

Real Deal Steel
08-04-2013, 01:12 PM

A serviceable CB is enough under DL's system and Ike is more than serviceable.

And against the good passing teams, we don't play zone. We go man.

When we beat the Patriots last year, we went man defense. Zone works fine against the lower teir QB's in this league. But we man up against the Tom Brady's, Drew Brees's, Arron Rodger QB's in this league.

So again, we need atleast one guy who can lock up in man on man defense.

Big T
08-04-2013, 01:41 PM
And against the good passing teams, we don't play zone. We go man.

When we beat the Patriots last year, we went man defense. Zone works fine against the lower teir QB's in this league. But we man up against the Tom Brady's, Drew Brees's, Arron Rodger QB's in this league.

So again, we need atleast one guy who can lock up in man on man defense.

And that's always been Ike's thing. He always mans up against the opponents #1 receiver. It's a thing of pride with him. People still have The Broncos playoff game in their minds but Ike has always done extremely well on the oppositions #1.

Real Deal Steel
08-04-2013, 01:48 PM
And that's always been Ike's thing. He always mans up against the opponents #1 receiver. It's a thing of pride with him. People still have The Broncos playoff game in their minds but Ike has always done extremely well on the oppositions #1.

I hear ya, but I don't like Ike's measurables to hold up against the upper tier WR's in the league. I don't feel Ike could cover Andre Johnson one on one, Brandon Marshall, Fitzgerald, etc. etc. Just don't feel comfortable with Ike as the # 1 CB. Ever.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-04-2013, 03:17 PM
I hear ya, but I don't like Ike's measurables to hold up against the upper tier WR's in the league. I don't feel Ike could cover Andre Johnson one on one, Brandon Marshall, Fitzgerald, etc. etc. Just don't feel comfortable with Ike as the # 1 CB. Ever.

Who do you want Deion Sanders in his prime?....lol Hard to find 10 corners better then Ike in the NFL right now.........

NeilPatrickBanana
08-04-2013, 07:11 PM

4 years, 28 million.... is kind of a bargain for a #1 corner who is in as good a shape as any athlete in the NFL...

NeilPatrickBanana
08-04-2013, 07:16 PM

the Steelers have had the #1 pass yards against defense the last 2 seasons, and while their pass rush was inconsisten during that time, and their safeties were constantly injured, and their #2 CB was always in flux... it was Ike Taylor who consistently shut down the opponents #1 WRs

Your statement is so hopelessly wrong you should be embarrassed for yourself...

the last time the Steelers played Houston, Ike held Andre Johnson to 4 catches for 36 yards... 0 td

the last time the Steelers played Miami (Marshall), Ike held Marshall to 5 catches for 56 yards... 0 tds

Real Deal Steel
08-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Who do you want Deion Sanders in his prime?....lol Hard to find 10 corners better then Ike in the NFL right now.........

Wow. you really are being a homer. Because there are atleast 15-20 CB's better then Ike. Ike isn't that great. He's servicable at best.

But I don't want Deion Sanders. Just a guy who has the height, weight, speed measurables to be able to compete against the premier WR in the league.

SnakeEyes43
08-04-2013, 09:01 PM
4 years, 28 million.... is kind of a bargain for a #1 corner who is in as good a shape as any athlete in the NFL...

I know what it was, I never had a problem with it. Some on here still complained that he was overrated, looked good because our LB core was so strong for so long, or getting too old to warrant the money.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Wow. you really are being a homer. Because there are atleast 15-20 CB's better then Ike. Ike isn't that great. He's servicable at best.

But I don't want Deion Sanders. Just a guy who has the height, weight, speed measurables to be able to compete against the premier WR in the league.

:facepalm:

you mean like 6'2", 195 lbs, and runs a 4.3

Big T
08-04-2013, 09:44 PM
RDS, if there's one thing Ike Taylor has it's measurables, as NPB pointed out. 6'2, 195 lbs and reportedly ran a 4.18 at his pro day. He doesn't have that speed anymore but he's without a doubt still a 4.3 guy. He's been clocked in the 4.2s in recent years by his offseason trainer Tom Shaw.

Ike may be the most under-appreciated current Steeler. Since there are "atleast" 15-20 corners better than Ike, I'd love for you to list us 20 corners you believe are better.

I'll be waiting.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-04-2013, 09:56 PM

I'm being a homer but you're the one that was proclaiming after the draft that the division was in the bag since the team drafted Bell, and Jones....lol

Ok name the 15-20 corners better then Ike?.......You can't do it.....

TarlsQtr
08-05-2013, 12:04 AM

LOL If Ike could catch, he would be a perennial Pro Bowler.

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm being a homer but you're the one that was proclaiming after the draft that the division was in the bag since the team drafted Bell, and Jones....lol

Ok name the 15-20 corners better then Ike?.......You can't do it.....

It is in the bag. I really believe that we will win the division. But with that said, it doesn't mean that I think Ike is all that great. He's serviceable.

As far as going and listing 15 cornerbacks better then Ike, it isn't difficult. Just go and take the the #1 cornerback on the top 15 teams outside of the Patriots and Falcons, and I'd take them over Ike. Ike is just a "guy" to me. He's not good, he's not bad, he's just "a guy".

Maybe like Big T said, he's under-appreciated but I've never seen him as anything to write home about.

I'm glad I could come in and answer this so you and Big T won't have to wait so long.

Big T
08-05-2013, 12:22 AM
It is in the bag. I really believe that we will win the division. But with that said, it doesn't mean that I think Ike is all that great. He's serviceable.

As far as going and listing 15 cornerbacks better then Ike, it isn't difficult. Just go and take the the #1 cornerback on the top 15 teams outside of the Patriots and Falcons, and I'd take them over Ike. Ike is just a "guy" to me. He's not good, he's not bad, he's just "a guy".

Maybe like Big T said, he's under-appreciated but I've never seen him as anything to write home about.

I'm glad I could come in and answer this so you and Big T won't have to wait so long.

You answered nothing. We asked you to name them. You claimed that there are "atleast" 15-20 corners better than Ike Taylor... Take responsibility for your position when you're called out. Please name me 20 corners that are better than Ike. You said it wouldn't be difficult so please, humor me.

K Train
08-05-2013, 08:42 AM
the Steelers have had the #1 pass yards against defense the last 2 seasons, and while their pass rush was inconsisten during that time, and their safeties were constantly injured, and their #2 CB was always in flux... it was Ike Taylor who consistently shut down the opponents #1 WRs

Your statement is so hopelessly wrong you should be embarrassed for yourself...

the last time the Steelers played Houston, Ike held Andre Johnson to 4 catches for 36 yards... 0 td

the last time the Steelers played Miami (Marshall), Ike held Marshall to 5 catches for 56 yards... 0 tds
if demaryius didnt have his number his stats would be dazzling.

Here was 2011 stats

A.J. Green, Cincinnati 6-87 yards, TD
Demaryius Thomas, Denver 4-204 yards, TD
Wes Welker, New England 4-23 yards
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona 3-58 yards
Brandon Lloyd, St. Louis 3-39 yards
Anquan Boldin, Baltimore 3-35 yards
Andre Johnson, Houston 3-23 yards
Michael Crabtree, SF 3-23 yards
Jonathan Baldwin, KC 2-26 yards
Nate Washington, Tenn 2-11 yards
Dwayne Bowe, KC 1-25 yards
Mohamed Massaquoi, Clev 1-25 yards
Rob Housler, Arizona 1-20 yards
Steve Breaston, KC 1-18 yards
Jason Hill, Jacksonville 1-18 yards, TD
Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis 1-11 yards
Deion Branch, New England 1-10 yards
Josh Cribbs, Cleveland 1-10 yards
Mike Williams, Seattle 1-9 yards
Damian Williams, Tennessee 1-8 yards
Mike Thomas, Jacksonville 1-3 yards
Torrey Smith, Baltimore 1-2 yards
Pierre Garcon, Indianapolis 1-(-2) yards
46 catches 686 yds. 3 TD's.

I dare you to name 15-20 CBs better than ike.

I guarantee after 10 you are going to look like an idiot

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 10:03 AM
You answered nothing. We asked you to name them. You claimed that there are "atleast" 15-20 corners better than Ike Taylor... Take responsibility for your position when you're called out. Please name me 20 corners that are better than Ike. You said it wouldn't be difficult so please, humor me.

As usual, I always take responsibility for my statements. I told you that if you take the top 17 teams, do not include the Patriots or the Falcons, the remaining teams # 1 cornerbacks I'd take over Ike. Pretty clear to me. Sorry if you don't like the answer.

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 10:10 AM
@EdBouchette: With Cortez Allen out and William Gay moving up to LCB, look for #Steelers to use rookie Shamarko Thomas in the nickel defense

K-Train,

If Gay is so good like you're trying to prove, why is he moving up to the LCB? You see, the coaching staff didn't even want him there but he's there because of an injury to another player. If he was as good as your trying to profess, he'd be a clear cut starter.

Are you again going against the coaches and me?? You did that with Wallace and Mendenhall and it didn't turn out so great for you.

Gay should go back to the slot. I like him there. And obviously before injury, the coaches liked him there.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 10:12 AM
As usual, I always take responsibility for my statements. I told you that if you take the top 17 teams, do not include the Patriots or the Falcons, the remaining teams # 1 cornerbacks I'd take over Ike. Pretty clear to me. Sorry if you don't like the answer.

Not only did you provide a vague answer and avoid providing specifics, but you're too lazy to even look up the #1 corners on those teams.

You don't know enough about the NFL to make such broad claims... you should refrain in the future

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 10:13 AM
if demaryius didnt have his number his stats would be dazzling.

Here was 2011 stats

A.J. Green, Cincinnati 6-87 yards, TD
Demaryius Thomas, Denver 4-204 yards, TD
Wes Welker, New England 4-23 yards
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona 3-58 yards
Brandon Lloyd, St. Louis 3-39 yards
Anquan Boldin, Baltimore 3-35 yards
Andre Johnson, Houston 3-23 yards
Michael Crabtree, SF 3-23 yards
Jonathan Baldwin, KC 2-26 yards
Nate Washington, Tenn 2-11 yards
Dwayne Bowe, KC 1-25 yards
Mohamed Massaquoi, Clev 1-25 yards
Rob Housler, Arizona 1-20 yards
Steve Breaston, KC 1-18 yards
Jason Hill, Jacksonville 1-18 yards, TD
Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis 1-11 yards
Deion Branch, New England 1-10 yards
Josh Cribbs, Cleveland 1-10 yards
Mike Williams, Seattle 1-9 yards
Damian Williams, Tennessee 1-8 yards
Mike Thomas, Jacksonville 1-3 yards
Torrey Smith, Baltimore 1-2 yards
Pierre Garcon, Indianapolis 1-(-2) yards
46 catches 686 yds. 3 TD's.

I dare you to name 15-20 CBs better than ike.

Nice numbers K-Train. Really they are.

There so good that Ike should be a RCB or a LCB..but he isn't. He's a slot guy. I think you need to take these numbers to Mr. Labeau and convince him that Ike should be a permanent starter at the LCB. But there is a reason that he isn't huh? Hmmmm

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 10:17 AM

There so good that Ike should be a RCB or a LCB..but he isn't. He's a slot guy. I think you need to take these numbers to Mr. Labeau and convince him that Ike should be a permanent starter at the LCB. But there is a reason that he isn't huh? Hmmmm

wrong.
Ike has been a permanent starter on the outside forever...

if there was something that measured volume of posts against uninformed statements, you'd be the record holder

K Train
08-05-2013, 10:20 AM

What are you even talking about? Ike has always been the #1 CB and technically the "LCB" even though he shadows.

What did gay have to do with it?

K Train
08-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Ike is the opposite of a slot corner, thats a horrible spot for him

K Train
08-05-2013, 10:21 AM
K-Train,

If Gay is so good like you're trying to prove, why is he moving up to the LCB? You see, the coaching staff didn't even want him there but he's there because of an injury to another player. If he was as good as your trying to profess, he'd be a clear cut starter.

Are you again going against the coaches and me?? You did that with Wallace and Mendenhall and it didn't turn out so great for you.

Gay should go back to the slot. I like him there. And obviously before injury, the coaches liked him there.

Gay isnt unseating ike, what are you talking about?

Mendenhall and Wallace are out, that has nothing to do with CBs...youre starting to sound like crash. Do you think the defense was bad cause the RBs didnt play defense too?

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 10:23 AM

Mendenhall and Wallace are out, that has nothing to do with CBs...youre starting to sound like crash. Do you think the defense was bad cause the RBs didnt play defense too?

less crazy, equally uninformed

TarlsQtr
08-05-2013, 11:15 AM

He is talking about "changing the subject" because talking about Ike makes him look foolish. He is in a much better standing if he can get off on a red herring about you believing "Gay is so good."

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 11:26 AM
He is talking about "changing the subject" because talking about Ike makes him look foolish. He is in a much better standing if he can get off on a red herring about you believing "Gay is so good."

Tarlsqtr, no one is "changing the subject". What are you talking about? Ike doesn't make me look foolish at all. I don't think much of him as a CB. I pretty much stated why; you guys ask me for 15-20 better CB's and I answered that; I'm not sure what more you want.

But...my point was is if Ike was so good, obviously the coaching staff doesn't believe that either. The correlation I was making to K-Train was that he makes statements conclusions that the coaching staff doesn't support. Ike's greatness being the latest one. Ike is a serviceable CB to me and that's pretty much my opinion of him.

I think it's you and K-Train who feel the need to run around trying to be the "I'm right police" in people's statement. I don't think much of Ike and that's all that I said. I don't see why that is so offensive to you but if it is, oh well. Tough titties. LOL

K Train
08-05-2013, 11:40 AM
ike is a fantastic zone CB, keenan lewis was a serviceable one. I dont get where the coaching staff doesnt believe ike is good, where is that coming from?

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 11:45 AM
youre starting to sound like crash. Do you think the defense was bad cause the RBs didnt play defense too?

This is the most ludicrous statement you've ever said. Because I don't think much of Ike, this is your reaction?? You must not have had your meds today. Hahahahahahaha.

Big T
08-05-2013, 12:00 PM
This is the most ludicrous statement you've ever said. Because I don't think much of Ike, this is your reaction?? You must not have had your meds today. Hahahahahahaha.

No, it's your "reasoning", ignorance, and lack of anything that even resembles logic when vaguely "defending" your opinions. It's quite hilarious. Like NPB said, you aren't quite as crazy as Crash, but you are just as uninformed.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 12:09 PM
This is what happens when you pull opinions out of your pocket, and then feel the need to defend them to the death...

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Tarlsqtr, no one is "changing the subject". What are you talking about? Ike doesn't make me look foolish at all. I don't think much of him as a CB. I pretty much stated why; you guys ask me for 15-20 better CB's and I answered that; I'm not sure what more you want.

No you didn't answer it. You hid from it because you know that you don't have enough information, and if you posted specifics, you wouldn't be able to defend them.

We want you to NAME specific CBs, and once you do, we are going to post facts regarding those CBs, and Ike, that prove that you are simply wrong, uninformed, and lazy.

But...my point was is if Ike was so good, obviously the coaching staff doesn't believe that either. The correlation I was making to K-Train was that he makes statements conclusions that the coaching staff doesn't support. Ike's greatness being the latest one. Ike is a serviceable CB to me and that's pretty much my opinion of him.

what? yea, the coaching staff doesn't believe in Ike, which is why they re-signed him a few years ago, and let the young Lewis walk in free agency.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 12:13 PM

it's pretty spot on.

TarlsQtr
08-05-2013, 12:13 PM

I think it's you and K-Train who feel the need to run around trying to be the "I'm right police" in people's statement. I don't think much of Ike and that's all that I said. I don't see why that is so offensive to you but if it is, oh well. Tough titties. LOL

Unbelievable. We have not been discussing "Gay being so good." You threw that in as a red herring to change the subject.

As far as the coaches backing you up, no such thing has happened anywhere but in your mind. I will not get into the old stuff again, but Ike is the highest paid Steeler CB in history.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 12:21 PM
We all know that the most Real Damn Silly knows about CBs is their names. He probably thinks DeAngelo Hall is better than Ike Taylor (I know he does, since he made his top 15 teams comments).

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Year Team Pos Tgts Tgt&#37; Rank Avg Dist YAC Rank Suc% Rank PaYd Rank Suc% PaYd
2012 PIT CB 72 21.5% 11 15.1 2.1 5 56% 20 6.4 16 60% 6.1
2011 PIT CB 94 21.9% 9 13.5 2.5 13 61% 16 5.4 6 63% 5.0

Those are really, really, really good numbers.... and really consistent year to year (uncommon among corners)

His 2011 season was easily top 10 among all corners. His 2012 season was headed in that direction before injury.

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 12:58 PM
No, it's your "reasoning", ignorance, and lack of anything that even resembles logic when vaguely "defending" your opinions. It's quite hilarious. Like NPB said, you aren't quite as crazy as Crash, but you are just as uninformed.

Hahahahahahaha. You guys are hilarious. All I said was, " I don't think that much of Ike". Period. And then you, Tarlqtr and K-Train hurl insults all across the room just because I don't think that much of Ike???? Really????

I don't care about what NPB says because he's so crazy, that he had to be put on ignore by severalof us posters a long time ago. Listening to NPB talk is like listening to the ramblings of Charles Manson. LOL.

And hey,...I don't care if you don't agree with my reasoning on Ike. Doesn't bother me at all. And if you want to THINK I'm not informed because I don't want to agree with your opinion, that kind of shows your lack of maturity. Because people disagree everyday. You might like a Lexus; I might like a BMW. There's no right or wrong in it. I just don't think much of Ike.

All four of you guys heads are spinning around like Linda Blair in the "exorcist" with fire and steam coming out of your noses all because I said that, " I don't think much of Ike." This is hilarious. Best laugh I"ve had all day.

Your guys seriously need to get out more. Get a life. :lol:

K Train
08-05-2013, 01:24 PM

K-Train,

Honestly in reading your posts i think you are confusing William Gay and Ike Taylor, you are all over the place. Ike doesnt have measurables, doesnt play LCB but you say im trying to prove that gay is so good, which i am not. Gay is a good NB, at least solid when hes not covering Gronk or some huge WR. ike is and never has been a slot guy, but gay has and did well there and got picked on as an outside guy.

If you are mixing up the names thats fine, but dont get so pissy because our reaction is WTF are you talking about

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Honestly in reading your posts i think you are confusing William Gay and Ike Taylor, you are all over the place. Ike doesnt have measurables, doesnt play LCB but you say im trying to prove that gay is so good, which i am not. Gay is a good NB, at least solid when hes not covering Gronk or some huge WR

K-Train

At this point, I don't even think it's worth talking about anymore. Because I've now seen people who act like kids if you don't agree with their perspective. So much so, that they hurl personal insults because of it!!! And that's the stuff they used to bang on Crash about!!! So it's moot to me now. You heard what I said about Ike, I heard what you said about Ike. So everyone has gotten their opinion in. But I"m not going to stoop down as low as a few of you and hurl personal insults because you don't agree with my stance. I'll let these few and Crash do that kind of stuff.

K Train
08-05-2013, 01:34 PM
is that backpeddaling because you made a mistake in who you were talking about? I dont get it, i have no problem with you saying you dont care for ike, but you were all over the place talking about it and not making any sense.

You are making up insults, telling me to take my meds, making weird exorcist comments.

That tweet regarding gay to LCB was for practice reps, nothing more

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Hahahahahahaha. You guys are hilarious. All I said was, " I don't think that much of Ike". Period. And then you, Tarlqtr and K-Train hurl insults all across the room just because I don't think that much of Ike???? Really????

you should preface your statements with something along the lines of, "this is just a personal feeling not based on anything that takes place on the field"....

I don't care about what NPB says because he's so crazy, that he had to be put on ignore by severalof us posters a long time ago. Listening to NPB talk is like listening to the ramblings of Charles Manson. LOL.

I thoroughly support your use of the Ignore feature. It allows me to point out the idiocy of your statements, for everyone to see... and limits our interaction to that.

And hey,...I don't care if you don't agree with my reasoning on Ike. Doesn't bother me at all. And if you want to THINK I'm not informed because I don't want to agree with your opinion, that kind of shows your lack of maturity. Because people disagree everyday. You might like a Lexus; I might like a BMW. There's no right or wrong in it. I just don't think much of Ike.

you actually haven't provided a shred of reasoning. Not a stat, not a subjective argument on skills, literally you've provided zero reasoning... as is common with you... which is why you are the butt of many jokes.

If you prefer a Lexus, why? are their objective measurements you prefer? is there a subjective personal appeal of one versus the other?

provide something... or continue to be treated like the new resident clown.

All four of you guys heads are spinning around like Linda Blair in the "exorcist" with fire and steam coming out of your noses all because I said that, " I don't think much of Ike." This is hilarious. Best laugh I"ve had all day.

Your guys seriously need to get out more. Get a life. :lol:

how cute...

TarlsQtr
08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
K-Train

At this point, I don't even think it's worth talking about anymore. Because I've now seen people who act like kids if you don't agree with their perspective. So much so, that they hurl personal insults because of it!!! And that's the stuff they used to bang on Crash about!!! So it's moot to me now. You heard what I said about Ike, I heard what you said about Ike. So everyone has gotten their opinion in. But I"m not going to stoop down as low as a few of you and hurl personal insults because you don't agree with my stance. I'll let these few and Crash do that kind of stuff.

Accuses others of acting like "little kids" and then picks his ball up and goes home like a "little kid." Too funny.

K Train-For the record, I think you nailed it. It looks like RDS was confusing Gay with Ike. This embarrassment is why he now desperately wants to drop the conversation.

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 01:36 PM
yea, he totally mixed up Ike and Gay, and instead of correcting himself, he's going to stick with the Ike comments... even though he meant Gay all along

it's kind of funny

NeilPatrickBanana
08-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Ike Gay is a shutdown Left Slot Back

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 02:09 PM
is that backpeddaling because you made a mistake in who you were talking about? I dont get it, i have no problem with you saying you dont care for ike, but you were all over the place talking about it and not making any sense.

Y

That tweet regarding gay to LCB was for practice reps, nothing more

Backpeddling?? I believe I said that I don't think much of Ike and I stand by that. I don't see the backpeddling but it's you four's story so spin it any way you want. And when I said, " take your meds" you saw the " LOL" and laughing faces after the fact. There was nothing malicious in that. But I get it.

Believe me, If I wanted to personally insult people, you'd know it. Because it would be the worse you'd ever heard. But again, I"m not going there with you four.

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Accuses others of acting like "little kids" and then picks his ball up and goes home like a "little kid." Too funny.

K Train-For the record, I think you nailed it. It looks like RDS was confusing Gay with Ike. This embarrassment is why he now desperately wants to drop the conversation.

hahahaha. Incrediable.

K Train
08-05-2013, 02:21 PM
i dont understand what you are arguing, you cant even read through your posts and tell me they make sense or relate to each other as they are posted.

Thank god you spared me the worst insult i could imagine though, im sure you have so much that would just destroy me lol

TarlsQtr
08-05-2013, 03:58 PM
i dont understand what you are arguing, you cant even read through your posts and tell me they make sense or relate to each other as they are posted.

Thank god you spared me the worst insult i could imagine though, im sure you have so much that would just destroy me lol

Watch it. His dad can beat up your dad. Just ask him...

ChucktownSteeler
08-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Ike is a damn fine CB. He has a tremendous work ethic and always come to camp in shape. He may be the most under-appreciated Steeler of the past 10 years.

TarlsQtr
08-05-2013, 11:59 PM
• Another Steelers practice and another cornerback gone with an injury. Curtis Brown twisted his ankle while defending a play in the end zone during a two-minute drill Monday and was carted to the locker room. “We need to evaluate him, but I will just describe it as an ankle at this point,” coach Mike Tomlin said.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4480663-74/adams-steelers-tackle#ixzz2b9rX51VJ
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

ChucktownSteeler
08-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Not good news.

K Train
08-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Ike is a damn fine CB. He has a tremendous work ethic and always come to camp in shape. He may be the most under-appreciated Steeler of the past 10 years.

When he said Ike is more of a slot guy and doesnt have the measurables you look for in a #1 CB he lost all credibility in this debate. He is a freak athlete and might have the perfect size aside from patrick peterson, who has about 1 inch, 20 pounds, and stiffer hips than ike. 6-1, 195 with good hips and a strong tackler is damn near prototype when you mix in his speed, the only knock on him is his bad hands

NeilPatrickBanana
08-06-2013, 09:10 AM
When he said Ike is more of a slot guy and doesnt have the measurables you look for in a #1 CB he lost all credibility in this debate. He is a freak athlete and might have the perfect size aside from patrick peterson, who has about 1 inch, 20 pounds, and stiffer hips than ike. 6-1, 195 with good hips and a strong tackler is damn near prototype when you mix in his speed, the only knock on him is his bad hands

The thing that goes most underappreciated with Ike is the consistency. To play at his level, against #1s, in a zone system, with a defense that takes so many chances in terms of blitzing / disguising coverages, is damn near unheard of.

Lots of corners jump in and out of the "top #" conversations every year... Hardly any stay in the conversation for many years, it's a damn few.

ChucktownSteeler
08-07-2013, 05:02 PM
The thing that goes most underappreciated with Ike is the consistency. To play at his level, against #1s, in a zone system, with a defense that takes so many chances in terms of blitzing / disguising coverages, is damn near unheard of.

Lots of corners jump in and out of the "top #" conversations every year... Hardly any stay in the conversation for many years, it's a damn few.

Correct, Ike draws the assignment to cover the opponents best receiver, week-in and week-out. The numbers he has held great receivers to over his career is phenomenal.

C-town

TarlsQtr
08-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Some great stats and teammate love for Ike:

Taylor allowed only 30 receptions last year before having his 135-consecutive-game streak snapped by a broken ankle; eight of those came against Tennessee. After the Titans breakdown, Taylor allowed only six receptions over his final seven games.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4496030-74/taylor-bowl-league#ixzz2bKzd6pY1
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Real Deal Steel
08-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Cortez is back in practice today. Good to hear.