PDA

View Full Version : RUMORS I HEARD ON SIRIUS

BlitzburghNation
02-10-2007, 12:58 AM
A steeler fan called in and said a rumor's been going around that the steelers
are interested in Adalius Thomas , would be a great fit for us but IMO
We won't be able to afford him and the niners will probably end up with him !

Black@Gold Forever32
02-10-2007, 01:04 AM
I think Thomas would cost way to much for the Steelers. I wouldn't Thomas at in a Steelers uniform. He would be the perfect fit to run a hybrid defense. He can DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. I don't see it happening though .

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-10-2007, 01:24 AM
If you cut some dead weight from the Steelers. We could afford Thomas.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-10-2007, 01:26 AM
If you cut some dead weight from the Steelers. We could afford Thomas.

I agree with that but I'm sure Thomas would want a high signing bonus. I'm not sure the Rooneys would give Thomas the big signing bonus that I'm sure he is going to ask for.

BlitzburghNation
02-10-2007, 01:42 AM
If chicago doesn't tag briggs,that would be the main LB i'd love to have in the black & gold

Black@Gold Forever32
02-10-2007, 01:44 AM
If chicago doesn't tag briggs,that would be the main LB i'd love to have in the black & gold

Yea Briggs is a badass but would he play OLB in a 3-4? I see him as an inside LB in a 3-4.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Yea Briggs is a badass but would he play OLB in a 3-4? I see him as an inside LB in a 3-4.

Watch for Briggs to get the franchise tag or transition tag at least.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Watch for Briggs to get the franchise tag or transition tag at least.

I'm sure he will be franchised. But the Bears havn't resigned Lovie Smith yet either. I think thats strange as well. The can't let either go really.

BlitzburghNation
02-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Feb 22nd last day for the tag,,,,,, he's probably gonna get it,but it's nice to dream ! far as 3-4 or 4-3 it doesn't matter he's awesome,,,

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Our DL is not broken to the point of needing to bring in a high priced FA to step in right away and play. He'd want way too much money IMO, and with the defense we run, I'd much rather take a draft pick and groom him to be a starter. If you look at our DL right now as it is, everyone of them was drafted by us and groomed to be the player we need them to be at the DL position on our defense; with the exception of Kirschke who came to us from the 49ers I believe, and has done a very solid job for us.

Ambridge
02-10-2007, 11:01 AM

Briggs is looking for a contract supposedly around $30-$35million and has already broke off contract talks with the Bears earlier last year because Chicago wasn't offering anything close to what Briggs thinks he deserves.

With Troy and Ben's contracts coming up for renewal in the next couple of seasons I believe the Rooney's will stick to their frugal guns and not make any big splashes in free agency.

BlitzburghNation
02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Briggs is looking for a contract supposedly around $30-$35million and has already broke off contract talks with the Bears earlier last year because Chicago wasn't offering anything close to what Briggs thinks he deserves.

With Troy and Ben's contracts coming up for renewal in the next couple of seasons I believe the Rooney's will stick to their frugal guns and not make any big splashes in free agency.

I know dude,I just love the way Briggs brings the wood :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
02-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Briggs is awesome!!! I got to watch him play while he was at the UofA :bigthumb: He was all over the field then adn still is today, he would be good fit to the Steelers!

DIESELMAN
02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Briggs was definitely playing for a big payday this past season.

Stairwayto7
02-11-2007, 07:41 PM
This would be sweet