PDA

View Full Version : Jr. wants majority ownership.....

DIESELMAN
02-08-2007, 08:07 PM
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Dale Earnhardt Jr. says that ownership in Dale Earnhardt Inc. is still the prevailing issue in his contract negotiations with the company his father founded.

Speaking at NASCAR Media Day on Thursday, Earnhardt Jr. said that he wanted majority ownership in the team owned and operated by his stepmother, Teresa. Asked if he wanted more than 50 percent ownership, Earnhardt Jr. said, "Absolutely."
The son of seven-time Cup champion Dale Earnhardt is in contract negotiations with DEI since his current contract ends this year.

"The main factor is the ownership part," Earnhardt Jr. said. "It has nothing to do with money and nothing else, really. I really like my team. ... Everything is on the upswing. But my father has been gone for five, six years now, and I want majority ownership."

Earnhardt Jr. met new DEI President Max Siegel for lunch Wednesday, but he said that was more of a get-acquainted session.

"That was the first time me and him sat around and talked," Earnhardt Jr. said. "Yesterday was just lunch. He told me where he came from, what his upbringing was like, basically his whole history and what he was about and why he took the job."

The driver said he gave Siegel, a former gospel music executive, suggestions of where he thought the company should be, and they talked about ideas.

"We didn't really talk about the contract," Earnhardt Jr. said. "This guy is pretty impressive when you sit down with him and talk to him a little bit. He brings a lot of integrity and credibility wherever he is at.

"I'm excited he's at DEI. I don't think (the personalities) will affect my decision. He is a great guy to talk to and a great guy to work with. He is going to speed things up. He's going to improve the negotiations."

Earnhardt Jr. said he didn't regret some of the things he said last month about Teresa and their relationship, which he said "ain't a bed of roses." He reiterated that he wasn't happy with her comments that he needed to decide between being a public personality and a race car driver.

But Earnhardt Jr. also took exception with the notion that DEI needs him more than he needs DEI.

"I don't believe that is true — DEI provides me with a lot to be successful," he said. "They're a huge credit to everything I've ever done. ... (thanks to) the people I have had to work with, the caliber of teams I have had in the past."

That opinion isn't shared by everyone.

"He's really probably the only one that's got the bargaining power," said driver Kevin Harvick. "He's got it all on his side, and I think it's deservedly right that he does have it on his side. He's the most popular driver.

"He's been successful, and he deserves the respect of being a grown man and not being treated like he's 15 and somebody's stepson."
Bob Pockrass/NASCAR Scene / Special to FOXSports.com
Posted: 2 hours ago
This is something to keep an eye on, it could and probably will last all season. Ever since Sr. dies Jr. has been lost, no father figure and his step mom running the business. He is DEI, Jr. is the first person you think of when it comes to DEI.

Blitzburgh55
02-08-2007, 08:07 PM
He should get it his mom owns it so i dont get what the big deal is

DIESELMAN
02-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Its his step mom and they don't get along. DEI was started by Dale Sr. and his stepmom and now that Sr. is gone Jr. feels like it should belong to him cuz he is directly related to his own dad.

Blitzburgh55
02-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Its his step mom and they don't get along. DEI was started by Dale Sr. and his stepmom and now that Sr. is gone Jr. feels like it should belong to him cuz he is directly related to his own dad.

I agree with Jr. But who cares about Nascar

DIESELMAN
02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I agree with Jr. But who cares about Nascar

Me for one and if thats not good enough quit posting on NASCAR threads :nahnah:

Blitzburgh55
02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Me for one and if thats not good enough quit posting on NASCAR threads :nahnah:

:nahnah: No one else is

DIESELMAN
02-08-2007, 08:45 PM
:nahnah: No one else isJust got posted.....boy you can tell its the offseason :banana:

BB2W
02-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I think it's only fair that Jr. becomes the majority owner.

DIESELMAN
02-08-2007, 09:34 PM

Yeah me too, it was his dads idea for DEI and of course to be handed down to Jr. but because of Sr's untimely death it kinda threw a wrench in everything.

Koopa
02-08-2007, 10:25 PM
i hope he gets it, i bet his step mom is just a gold digging whore bag.........i don't like nascar but if i had to pick a driver i'd pick dale jr.....

BlitzburghNation
02-08-2007, 11:16 PM
I used to love NASCAR but football has pushed every other sport out :dunno:
But unlike the great TEXAN i wouldn't call DALE'S WIFE an old whore !
That's just plain disrespectful :nono:

Koopa
02-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I used to love NASCAR but football has pushed every other sport out :dunno:
But unlike the great TEXAN i wouldn't call DALE'S WIFE an old whore !
That's just plain disrespectful :nono:

i didn't call her old....... and it's dale jr. step mom and he doesn't like her so i bet he'd agree with me

BlitzburghRockCity
02-09-2007, 07:26 AM

:plus1:

Unless he is proven to be incompetent then he should get majority ownership; hell he should have been a majority owner from the get go if you ask me, or atleast a provision made within the company somewhere that he get the business if Sr. were to pass away.

BlitzburghNation
02-09-2007, 09:11 AM
i didn't call her old....... and it's dale jr. step mom and he doesn't like her so i bet he'd agree with me

Yes,,,,,,,I know it's jr's step mom ! I said dale's wife and i'm sorry i missed quoted you,,,,, you didn't say old :clap: I guess that made your disrespectful post better :lol:
Not trying to start another war of words :nono: But man you should choose your words a little better and quit rubbing everyone the wrong way :yesnod:
I know you enjoy getting a rise outta people, i'm 43 and i've got an old friend that would do exactly what you do :scratch:
You may find it funny whenever you put down other people's passion down but i can assure you,your the only one that finds it funny :nono:

Koopa
02-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Yes,,,,,,,I know it's jr's step mom ! I said dale's wife and i'm sorry i missed quoted you,,,,, you didn't say old :clap: I guess that made your disrespectful post better :lol:
Not trying to start another war of words :nono: But man you should choose your words a little better and quit rubbing everyone the wrong way :yesnod:
I know you enjoy getting a rise outta people, i'm 43 and i've got an old friend that would do exactly what you do :scratch:
You may find it funny whenever you put down other people's passion down but i can assure you,your the only one that finds it funny :nono:

so rubbing you the wrong way equals everyone??? .....and like i said before i'm not gonna change my opinion just to please ppl.......and i'm not gonna sugarcoat things i say..........also half the stuff that makes you upset isn't even what i say, it's just y'all putting words into my mouth and taking it out of context and making it a bigger deal then it is

plus, most of the ppl here have known me since 2005, and they don't get upset......it's only the new ppl that get upset........

Captcoolhand
02-09-2007, 07:46 PM
so rubbing you the wrong way equals everyone??? and like i said before i'm not gonna change my opinion just to please ppl.......and i'm not gonna sugarcoat things i say..........also half the stuff that makes you upset isn't even what i say, it's just y'all putting words into my mouth and taking it out of context and making it a bigger deal then it is

plus, most of the ppl here have known me since 2005, and they don't get upset......it's only the new ppl that get upset........

Koopa, you can care less about Nascar. so why post.

Koopa
02-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Koopa, you can care less about Nascar. so why post.

because i like dale jr. i wasn't talking down on the thread, i came in here to show my support for dale jr

Captcoolhand
02-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I like JR but the way he carries himself, he sounds like an owner that needs to put someone else in his car:yesnod:

TEEMONT
02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
This is the biggest story in NASCAR and Sportscenter spent 2 1/2 min on it.

SteelerDan43
02-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Well they did spend half the show on it on ESPN's new nascar show

TEEMONT
02-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Well they did spend half the show on it on ESPN's new nascar show

which 10 people watch.

tony hipchest
02-13-2007, 10:53 PM
which 10 people watch.espn bumped "around the horn" and "PTI" (2 shows i really enjoy) for its 1 hour show "nascar now" (nascars version of mlb, nba or nfl 2night). people are watching.

i started this thread elsewhere and got no response. it is a hell of an ownership story.

*dei is probably worth more than most hockey teams, and several baseball and nba teams.

*teresa earnhardt OWNS the name Dale Earnhardt

*teresa owns the name and marketing rights to the name Dale Earnhardt Jr. any money he makes off of marketing his own name is from the cut she gives him.

*it has been said that without dale jr. dei is nothing but a museum.

*from teresas point of view, 49% of dei with jr. is probably worth more than 100% w/o him in the long run.

*almost all drivers think dale holds all the cards, is in the drivers seat, and all those cliches. most people involved in nascar think he deservs to own himself.

*anyone who has seen the budweiser commercials in the superbowl and the $$$ they spend on them can only imagine the money bud has invested in nascar and dale jr.

*dale jr merchandise probably rivals that of any mlb, nba, nhl team and probably half the nfl franchises.

Koopa
02-13-2007, 11:10 PM
you do know that won't be a regular thing right??? it's only for this week they'll be moving that nascar show to espn2, that's what they said on the commercials

Koopa
02-13-2007, 11:26 PM
BRISTOL, Conn. — NASCAR Now, ESPN's first daily news show totally dedicated to NASCAR, will premiere Monday, February 5, at 6:30 p.m. EST on ESPN2.

NASCAR Now will be produced in high definition and originate from a new state-of-the-art studio at ESPN's campus in Bristol, Connecticut. Erik Kuselias will host the 30-minute show that features NASCAR highlights, opinion, debate, analysis and the latest news from drivers, crew chiefs and insiders both on and off the track.

Defending NASCAR Nextel Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson will appear on Monday's show, and NASCAR Now will check in with 2006 NASCAR Busch Series champion Kevin Harvick on Tuesday. Viewers will hear from Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Tony Stewart, Juan Pablo Montoya and Michael Waltrip later in the week.

NASCAR Now will air at 6:30 p.m. EST Monday through Friday on ESPN2, with special editions to air on NASCAR race weekends.

Live NASCAR racing returns to ESPN for the first time in six years, with coverage of the NASCAR Busch Series season opener at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, February 17, at 1:15 p.m. EST on ESPN2.

What this means to you: NASCAR fans can get their down-home racing fix five nights a week.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=119456

Steelersfan
02-14-2007, 01:37 AM
I agree with everything you said Tony. DEI is nothing without JR and he knows it. His father built it and it really should go to JR if you ask me with her getting a decent cut. Not the other way around.

And it was only a matter of time before ESPN had a show about Nascar. The sport is huge all around the country.

tony hipchest
02-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I agree with everything you said Tony. DEI is nothing without JR and he knows it. His father built it and it really should go to JR if you ask me with her getting a decent cut. Not the other way around.

And it was only a matter of time before ESPN had a show about Nascar. The sport is huge all around the country.i would be pretty pissed if someone else owned my name and was making tons of cash off of it. shes already making tons of cash off of his dads name. :banging:

dale jr means as much to nascar, as he does to DEI. sure he is a hick from the south, but he has opened the eyes of the "hip hop generation" to what was always had a southern, country western type of following.

as koopa said, if he were a nascar fan he would be a jr. fan. jr., introduced the likes of nellie, emenim, and jay-z to the sport. hell, even mark martin (in his late 40's) has admitted to pumpin some 50-cent to get amped for a race. this type of exposure has opened so many doors for nascar going national and they got dale jr. to thank for it.

wrangler, im talking freaking cowboy nuthugger jeans wrangler has even started to produce the hip baggy jeans for jr. to market. dude is a money machine. he probably shits $20 bills.

Steelersfan
02-14-2007, 07:55 PM
he probably shits $20 bills.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well then he can come **** at my house anytime......lol

BlackGold4vr
02-15-2007, 02:35 PM
No disrespect intended for Theresa Earnhardt, but what exactly is her claim to fame in Nascar other than she used to hump one of the sports legends? She has no leverage at all in that company! If Dale Jr leaves DEI the company goes out of business within 2 years! As Jeff Gordon said,"Dale Jr. is DEI and if he leaves so will most if not all the sponsors!" I agree with that! That company is Dale Jr's birthright! Might be different if that was actually Dale Jr's real Mom but she aint! He's the star, he should be majority owner! If she can't give up control he should walk! Its not like he wants her out of the company.......he just wants 51% and doesn't care who has the other 49%. If she's smart she gives him what he wants! If she's stupid she stands her ground, he walks, and in 2 years she's in court claiming CH 11 bankruptcy!

:2cents: