PDA

View Full Version : Draft.......Who do we take?

kgreen
02-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Ok so, the Next up........the Draft. Who do you guys think we will get in the first round? I'd like the Steelers to draft a CB in the first round like Leon Hall from Michigan or Darrelle Revis from Pitt. I think even though we have 3 very young, pretty good corners, we still need to build that position because Ike had some shakey, if not, terrible moments/games this year. Bryant McFadden came on REALLY strong this year. I like this kid. He will be our best DB in the future. Ricardo Colclough is shakey. HE muffed a punt early (DUMBASS!) in the season, and didn't really show anything impressive. So I'd take Hall or Revis. I'd also take Paul Posluszny. I think Joey is losing steps every year. Plus his contract is up in 2008. ::bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
02-08-2007, 09:14 PM
ONE WORD "OKOYE" at least i'm hoping !

DIESELMAN
02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Ok so, the Next up........the Draft. Who do you guys think we will get in the first round? I'd like the Steelers to draft a CB in the first round like Leon Hall from Michigan or Darrelle Revis from Pitt. I think even though we have 3 very young, pretty good corners, we still need to build that position because Ike had some shakey, if not, terrible moments/games this year. Bryant McFadden came on REALLY strong this year. I like this kid. He will be our best DB in the future. Ricardo Colclough is shakey. HE muffed a punt early (DUMBASS!) in the season, and didn't really show anything impressive. So I'd take Hall or Revis. I'd also take Paul Posluszny. I think Joey is losing steps every year. Plus his contract is up in 2008. ::bigthumb:

Hey bro, check this out and you'll see what a lot of us are thinking about who to draft.....http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Koopa
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
i think taking a corner in the first round would be the stupidest move tomlin could make and i'll turn on him lol......... we need value and drafting a corner in the first doesn't give you value anymore, the league rule changes are making them pretty pointless to have, so the guys we have are just fine........... we need a pass rusher.........

K Train
02-09-2007, 12:58 AM
We need.....ANTHONY SPENCER!

second, leonard/bush/hunt
Third Oline
fourth///daniel sepulveda

Ambridge
02-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Offensive line and linebacker.

TEEMONT
02-09-2007, 06:11 PM
We need.....ANTHONY SPENCER!

second, leonard/bush/hunt
Third Oline
fourth///daniel sepulveda

:banging:
RB's cannot run without an O-line.

DIESELMAN
02-09-2007, 06:37 PM
:banging:
RB's cannot run without an O-line.

LOL....I hear ya bro.....we definitely need OLB/DE and OL before we even think about a RB.

steeltown_heroes
02-10-2007, 03:15 PM
I kinda agree, I would like to see OLB or a DE before a RB, but after Gallery im weary of supposedly great OL prospects

K Train
02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
our oline is fine i dont know what makes you think its not good enough....because hartings got manhandled last year? well hartings is out, we have some damn good olinemen in waiting. We need oline depth, not new starters.

steeltown_heroes
02-11-2007, 10:49 PM
honestly some secondary help is where i think we could use the most. our wrs our fine imo, they're not the best but we're a running team anyway. and the only backfield help I think we need would be a brusing back and i think a vet would be better suited for that. but then again what do i know? i don't get paid to know what to do

TEEMONT
02-11-2007, 11:08 PM
We need some OL help....I have no faith whatsoever in our back-ups right now. And some of our starters should be back-ups.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-12-2007, 12:34 PM
The way they played last year, they should all be backups :lol: ;)

BlackGold4vr
02-12-2007, 02:10 PM
We need some OL help....I have no faith whatsoever in our back-ups right now. And some of our starters should be back-ups.

The top 2 tackles will probably be gone before the 15th pick. This spot is too high to pick one of the top 2 guards. Would like to see us pick an OLB or DE with our first pick and snagg either of the top 2 guards in the second round. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers trade down and try to acquire more value for their first pick and maybe pick up an additional 3rd or 4th round pick.

76 Arron Sears OL 6-4 315 10/25/1984 SR Tennessee
69 Ben Grubbs OL 6-3 318 03/10/1984 SR Auburn

:popcorn:

LonghornSteelerzFan
02-13-2007, 04:14 PM
We would have to trade down to get one of those guards. After those two are gone the talent drops at that position. I think the first round pick should be a OLB/DE hybrid followed by a CB in the 2nd round. Specifically Quentin Moses of Georgia or Lamar Woodley of Michigan would fit the OLB/DE position nicely IMO.

steeltown_heroes
02-13-2007, 04:33 PM
I think the ESPN ticker showed Mel Kiper having us take the DE from Florida

DIESELMAN
02-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I think the ESPN ticker showed Mel Kiper having us take the DE from Florida

**** Kiper! :lol: We definitely need a OLB/DE first.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Mel Kiper is my hero ! I bow to the almighty never changing tornado proof hair style man :rofl:

BlackGold4vr
02-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Specifically Quentin Moses of Georgia or Lamar Woodley of Michigan would fit the OLB/DE position nicely IMO.

My guess is you didn't watch the seniorbowl or pay attention to the scouting reports afterwards! Moses isn't even being projected as a first rounder anymore. I don't remember him making a single play in the game and I watched him play after play struggle to get off his blocker. He was a non-factor in the game. You can have Moses! Woodley didn't impress either and will likely fall to the second round. Rather have Anthony Spencer from Purdue! :beer3:

steeltown_heroes
02-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Mel Kiper is my hero ! I bow to the almighty never changing tornado proof hair style man :rofl:

:rofl: I had to add my own to that

BlitzburghRockCity
02-14-2007, 12:12 AM
My guess is you didn't watch the seniorbowl or pay attention to the scouting reports afterwards! Moses isn't even being projected as a first rounder anymore. I don't remember him making a single play in the game and I watched him play after play struggle to get off his blocker. He was a non-factor in the game. You can have Moses! Woodley didn't impress either and will likely fall to the second round. Rather have Anthony Spencer from Purdue! :beer3:

If we do take Spencer in either a trade down in the first or a trade up in the second, I will go down as saying I predicted it as so according to the SA draft :lol: