PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes

PITT23
07-13-2006, 10:29 PM
What are you're thoughts on him? Drafting him seemed like a good idea at the time and a way to fill the void left by Antwaan but now it seemes he gets into trouble every other week. The Steelers aren't the type of franchise to accept this so I'll be interestiong so see what happens.

Steelersfan
07-13-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure what to think yet. The trouble he got into down in Florida wasn't a big deal to me. But this other one causes me concerns. We'll see how he does here on out.

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Hopefully he will turn it around.

Koopa
07-14-2006, 08:30 PM
i was happy cause we didn't go defense but i wanted lendale white, i hope he can get his act together cause he's making me hate osu even more lol

shimmysteelerfan
07-14-2006, 09:21 PM
i was happy cause we didn't go defense but i wanted lendale white, i hope he can get his act together cause he's making me hate osu even more lol
i woulda liked lendale as well.....i will let you know how i feel about holmes after preseason.

Blitzburgh55
07-14-2006, 09:22 PM
As long as him performs I dont care what he does off the felid

Koopa
07-14-2006, 10:44 PM
i used to have that mind set too, but sometimes what they do off the field can effect what they do on the field

PITT23
07-14-2006, 11:29 PM
As long as him performs I dont care what he does off the felid

Until he gets thrown in jail and cant play at all...I think some players think that NFL rules are higher then the US federal law. Stupid football players...

PITT23
07-15-2006, 12:01 AM
It looks like Santonio might be might a little more wack than we need him to be. From a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article...

Santonio Holmes, the Steelers' first-round draft pick, has been arrested twice since draft day, the latest on domestic-violence charges. Holmes is a receiver, which means he'll work closely with Roethlisberger, but so far he hasn't endeared himself to the hand that will some day feed him.

"I've reached out to Santonio, kind of like [Jerome Bettis] did to me," Roethlisberger said.

"I gave him my numbers, told him to call me, and when he got into trouble, I called him a bunch of time and left a bunch of messages for him, and he has never called me back, so I don't know how to take it.

"If he wants me to help him and wants me to take him under my wing, I'll do that, but it is his call, now, not mine. The ball is in his court, so to speak, but I think he'll be OK and, hopefully, he'll get to camp and get his head screwed on straight."

Mad at ben or just too lazy to call him back? Hmm....