PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys to name Phillips new head coach

Steelersfan
02-08-2007, 03:06 AM
Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells ... Cowboys fans have been waiting for the next big name to lead a storied franchise. They might be surprised by the answer.
League and Cowboys sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips will be named Dallas' head coach. Phillips traveled from San Diego to Dallas on Wednesday night after being told that he was their choice to replace the now-retired Parcells.

While contract details must still be worked out and a contract signed, a formal team announcement for Phillips could come as early as Thursday.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones had reportedly been torn between hiring a defensive- or offensive-minded coach. Choosing Phillips answers that question and addresses issues with Chicago Bears (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=chi) defensive coordinator Ron Rivera. The Cowboys have been running a 3-4 defense while Rivera is the architect of Chicago's successful 4-3 scheme. Phillips has had great success with the 3-4 defense throughout his career and helped the Chargers to a 14-2 regular-season record in 2006.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2758164

DIESELMAN
02-08-2007, 08:21 AM
He had success as a HC in Buffalo, thats about it. Will the 5th time be a charm?

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-08-2007, 01:22 PM
He is just a puppet for Jones.

kgreen
02-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Who cares? I don't. I hate Dallas, they can hire who ever they want as long as it is not Bill Cowher.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2007, 08:50 PM
It makes sense with Dallas running the 43, plus had Norv gotten the job he might have taken over the play calling too that Jason Garrott was hired for.

Stairwayto7
02-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Jerry Jones hired himself???? Oh no Bum!

BlitzburghNation
02-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Old news ,,,,,,,,I posted this when it broke at approximatley 11 a.m.
Heard it on sirius
Just another puppet for Jerry Jones "The wanna be coach"