PDA

View Full Version : Who else would like to see Steeler Cheerleaders?

BlackGold4vr
02-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I know the Rooney's are old fashioned and don't think that cheerleaders are a part of football. Having said that, I believe that Western Pennsylvania has some of the most beautiful women in the world! Traveling all over the world in the military I believe I am qualified to make that statement! Why not offer some of those beautiful women an opportunity to gain some "exposure" and cheer for their favorite team? I would love to see some black and gold cheerleaders! Hopefully someday soon a Rooney will see how old fashioned their objections to cheerleaders are. Do Western PA high schools also ban cheerleaders? Why is it okay for the high schoolers and not the professionals? I say bring on those Western PA beauty queens and show the rest of the country one of our best kept secrets! :thewave:

Koopa
02-06-2007, 08:02 PM
when i went to PA a few years ago, i wasn't impressed at all with the women there lol....... the hottest chicks reside in texas

K Train
02-06-2007, 08:09 PM
what kind of a question is this? i like seeing cheerleaders in general lol

BlackGold4vr
02-06-2007, 08:09 PM
when i went to PA a few years ago, i wasn't impressed at all with the women there lol....... the hottest chicks reside in texas

You musta been there on a bad day! Western PA has very hot women!

:whistle:

K Train
02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
k's-girl is gonna take offense to that lol

DIESELMAN
02-06-2007, 08:15 PM
No matter where you go in this world, you WILL find beautiful women. They are everywhere!!!!!

TEEMONT
02-06-2007, 08:16 PM

The chicks in texas aint ****, been there done that. Gimme a western PA girl any time.

To answer the thread, NO to cheerleaders, we don't need'em.

Koopa
02-06-2007, 08:17 PM
The chicks in texas aint ****, been there done that. Gimme a western PA girl any time.

i rather have a girl with a little tan or mexican....when i went to PA they were bright white and all blonde lol..........

TEEMONT
02-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Never dated a blonde girl from PA in my life, nothing but Brunettes for me, thats pretty much all we have.

K Train
02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
i rather have a girl with a little tan or mexican....when i went to PA they were bright white and all blonde lol..........

jessicas tan as hell....i dont care if its fake!

(normally i wouldnt do this....but its her avatar lol)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/hhhhhhh.jpg

BlackGold4vr
02-06-2007, 08:28 PM

I knew there would be those who took your opinion! I happen to enjoy that part of football as well and enjoy seeing the different teams girls. Having a cheerleader squad also gives the community a more active role and access to the team. The other teams cheerleaders take very active roles in the community and make lots of public appearances and also do a lot for local charities! Plus unlike the team which is comprised of players from everywhere, the cheerleader squads are generally comprised of local girls! Of course we don't need em, but sure would love to have em!

:banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2007, 08:33 PM
PA is full of beautiful women if you look hard enough, but as far as Steeler cheerleaders? Nah probably not, it's just not our way. The Rooney's are too old fashioned and set in their ways to ever have something like that happen.

floodcitygirl
02-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Speaking as a blonde, formerly Western PA girl, (and always will be in my heart), you already have all the Steeler cheerleaders you need! Just turn and look around you at the stadium....there we'll be! Go into any Steeler bar across the country on game day....we'll be right there...cheering like crazy! Cheerleaders???? We don't need no stinkin formal cheerleaders! :tt02: :lol:

Steelerlyn
02-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I disagree with the "old fashioned" idea. Most all, if not all, of the NFL cheerleaders have "calendars" and also "will hire out to private parties."
Now this is a good idea if you are talking about hiring them for a bachlor party, or to have some kind of fun. The Rooneys do not mix football and sex. Our cheerleaders are all of the fans, like you and me, who cheer on their team each week, we do not need professionals, we do just fine :) :hilarious: :hilarious:

BlackGold4vr
02-06-2007, 08:50 PM
PA is full of beautiful women if you look hard enough, but as far as Steeler cheerleaders? Nah probably not, it's just not our way. The Rooney's are too old fashioned and set in their ways to ever have something like that happen.

Like floodcitygirl says,
Speaking as a blonde, formerly Western PA girl, (and always will be in my heart), you already have all the Steeler cheerleaders you need! Just turn and look around you at the stadium....there we'll be! Go into any Steeler bar across the country on game day....we'll be right there...cheering like crazy!

They are all around you! You don't have to look hard to find beautiful women in Pittsburgh!

:thewave:

TEEMONT
02-06-2007, 09:03 PM
I knew there would be those who took your opinion! I happen to enjoy that part of football as well and enjoy seeing the different teams girls. Having a cheerleader squad also gives the community a more active role and access to the team. The other teams cheerleaders take very active roles in the community and make lots of public appearances and also do a lot for local charities! Plus unlike the team which is comprised of players from everywhere, the cheerleader squads are generally comprised of local girls! Of course we don't need em, but sure would love to have em!

:banana:

I am more than happy with the access I have to the Steelers. I don't think cheerleaders would get any of us "closer" to the team. If I wanna see a hot chick in Black and Gold I will put a jersey on my wife. When I watch football I could care less about the cheerleaders, all I care about is football. If you need something else to get you excited about the Stillers, well......sorry bout your luck, I'd rather chug beers with western PA girls than watch them look stupid doing choreographed routines, while they miss the game.

Steelerlyn
02-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I am more than happy with the access I have to the Steelers. I don't think cheerleaders would get any of us "closer" to the team. If I wanna see a hot chick in Black and Gold I will put a jersey on my wife. When I watch football I could care less about the cheerleaders, all I care about is football. If you need something else to get you excited about the Stillers, well......sorry bout your luck, I'd rather chug beers with western PA girls than watch them look stupid doing choreographed routines, while they miss the game.

A man after my heart :) :banana: :bigthumb:

floodcitygirl
02-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I am more than happy with the access I have to the Steelers. I don't think cheerleaders would get any of us "closer" to the team. If I wanna see a hot chick in Black and Gold I will put a jersey on my wife. When I watch football I could care less about the cheerleaders, all I care about is football. If you need something else to get you excited about the Stillers, well......sorry bout your luck, I'd rather chug beers with western PA girls than watch them look stupid doing choreographed routines, while they miss the game.Stillers....I can't believe I'm saying this....but that was one of the more intelligent posts that I've seen on a forum. Sincere Kudos to you and your wife. :bigthumb:

Friday133
02-06-2007, 09:14 PM
If I'm not mistaken the Steelers were one of the 1st teams to have cheerleaders, so tell me how are the Rooney's old fashioned? They were students from Robert Morris.

Steelerettes (http://www.steelerettes.com/)

Friday133
02-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Actually the Steelers did have the 1st cheerleaders.

Tryouts for the NFL's first cheerleaders began in the spring of 1961. Overseeing this momentous event was "the father" of the Steelerettes, William V. Day, and RMJC cheerleading sponsor, Garnet Glover. The girls were selected on the basis of appearance, personality, coordination and gymnastic ability. Oh, yes, and they were also required to maintain a 2.0 grade point average. The first few squads were required to take a written exam testing their knowledge of football in general, and the Steelers in particular. This meant they should be able to identify the Steelers quarterback (Bobby Layne), the coach (Buddy Parker), and have some clue as to who Buddy Dial and "Big Daddy" Lipscomb were. Hey, this wasn't easy. The written exam was dropped in 1964.

Koopa
02-06-2007, 09:17 PM
may be this is just another example of the rooney's being to cheap :dunno: lol

AZ_Steeler
02-06-2007, 09:20 PM
IMO... there is nothing blue collar about cheerleaders! When I think of Cheerleaders I think high maintenance, don't break a nail! That just doesn't go with Steelers football :bigthumb:

TEEMONT
02-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Stillers....I can't believe I'm saying this....but that was one of the more intelligent posts that I've seen on a forum. Sincere Kudos to you and your wife. :bigthumb:

Are you saying I'm not intelligent? Lol, I just don't see the point of grown women pretending people are packed into a stadium to see them.

A man after my heart :) :banana: :bigthumb:

Word!

may be this is just another example of the rooney's being to cheap :dunno: lol

I think our salary cap numbers and HD Big screen would disagree with you.

floodcitygirl
02-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Are you saying I'm not intelligent? No. It was a completely sincere compliment on a post that was impressive to me.

TEEMONT
02-06-2007, 09:36 PM
No. It was a completely sincere compliment on a post that was impressive to me.

I know, I was just messin.

BB2W
02-06-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't think I want to see the Steelerettes make a return to the sidelines. :2cents:

BlitzburghNation
02-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Love seeing Cheerleaders :yesnod: But probably not for this team :nono:

Blitzburgh55
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
On every high school cheerleading team there is always one fat girl who ruins it
Eairler this year at my HS Bball game there was this kid look liked Dekemba Mutumbo and he was doing backflips and all this werid *** ****

SteelersWoman
02-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I agree with Lyn--I think they just don't want to mix football and sex, and they shouldn't be mixed. Besides, it's a (by this time) long standing tradition that we don't have them--why mess with tradition? (And I'm not talking about having them clear back in the 60's--we haven't had them for like 30 years now). Steelers have plenty of female fans as their cheerleaders!

TEEMONT
02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
On every high school cheerleading team there is always one fat girl who ruins it
Eairler this year at my HS Bball game there was this kid look liked Dekemba Mutumbo and he was doing backflips and all this werid *** ****

Man I couldnt wait for the high school opinion........

my sister WAS the fat one before she lost a ton of weight, watch what you say.

Ambridge
02-07-2007, 07:27 PM

You are right on the money!!

Anyone ever watch those stupid Cheerleader shows on the NFL Network??
The majority of those girls are nothing but pretentious and shallow skanks with the sole purpose of selling synchronized cheesecake routines.
These girls actually think that the crowd really gives a hoot about what they do out there.

Cheerleaders are great for high school and college and I think that's where it stops.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Dude, those cheerleader competition things were a joke on NFLN. They were being asked some very very basic questions about the rules and players in the league, and everyone of the competitions that I caught the girls from each side got atleast half of them wrong in every round !

Most of the crowd can never see the cheerleaders anyways so why bother...

Blitzburgh55
02-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Dude, those cheerleader competition things were a joke on NFLN. They were being asked some very very basic questions about the rules and players in the league, and everyone of the competitions that I caught the girls from each side got atleast half of them wrong in every round !

Most of the crowd can never see the cheerleaders anyways so why bother...

So you can have a Steelers Cheerleader Calaender :lol: :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Well if we did get cheerleaders then yes I'd force myself to get a calendar :greengrin:

Koopa
02-07-2007, 09:26 PM
You musta been there on a bad day! Western PA has very hot women!

:whistle:

lol, i don't know what part of pa i was at, the town was shamokin or some **** like that, and the girls all looked the same. very plain white girls with blonde hair, i like white girls but i like brunettes and mexican chicks or a chick with a tan lol........ just my preference though, so women on this board don't be offended

BlackGold4vr
02-07-2007, 09:47 PM
to support the team of course! :clap:

:beer1:

MRS Steelerfan
02-07-2007, 09:50 PM
lol, i don't know what part of pa i was at, the town was shamokin or some **** like that, and the girls all looked the same. very plain white girls with blonde hair, i like white girls but i like brunettes and mexican chicks or a chick with a tan lol........ just my preference though, so women on this board don't be offended

Hmm, I am tan and brunette, not Mexican tho-- But, lucky for you, not easily offended.. So, all is good this time, dont let it happen again!!:nono: :greengrin:

BlackGold4vr
02-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Hmm, I am tan and brunette, not Mexican tho-- But, lucky for you, not easily offended.. So, all is good this time, dont let it happen again!!:nono: :greengrin:

everyone was wearing ski masks and steeler parkas when Koop was in town! :lol: Either that or his woman was with him and he couldn't let his eyes wonder! :eyecrazy:

Koopa
02-07-2007, 11:00 PM
everyone was wearing ski masks and steeler parkas when Koop was in town! :lol: Either that or his woman was with him and he couldn't let his eyes wonder! :eyecrazy:

lol, i don't have a gf.....and i guess i didn't go to the right places, we went to Knoebels and i wasn't to impressed.....and then we went to hersey park and there wasn't to many pretty girls lol....... i was 17 when i went so i guess i wasn't looking at the right girls cause i was looking for some my age lol......

TampaSteelGirl
02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I think Cheerleaders are pretty and I like their costumes and stuff, I was a cheerleader growing up for years but I don't really feel we need them. I'm not against them but don't really care if we do or don't.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey, if Jessica Alba would be a Steelers cheer leader then I'm all for it.lol

TampaSteelGirl
02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Well she is very pretty and has a great body for sure! LOL!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Well she is very pretty and has a great body for sure! LOL!

Jessica is the only reason I watched Fantastic Four.lol

steelcurtaingal
03-27-2007, 09:41 AM

im not blonde, nor am i all that white skinned either.:yesnod: . so that ruins the theory that we all are blonde, and pale.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Jessica Alba wants to be a Steelers cheerleader??? Waahoo ! :lol:

BBC
03-27-2007, 10:41 AM
lol, i don't have a gf.....and i guess i didn't go to the right places, we went to Knoebels and i wasn't to impressed.....and then we went to hersey park and there wasn't to many pretty girls lol....... i was 17 when i went so i guess i wasn't looking at the right girls cause i was looking for some my age lol......

There's the reason you didn't see any good looking women. You weren't even close to Pittsburgh...

That said, cheerleaders would be a mistake. They are just distractions from the game, and take away from the blue collar and hard nosed attitude that the Steelers bring.

BlackGold4vr
03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Would love to have a Pittsburgh Steelers calendar full of the hottest western PA women, wearing some black and gold (but very little of it) to hang in my garage.

:beer3:

Stairwayto7
03-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Cheerleaders? For what? The players can`t hear them! The Fans can`t hear them! Whats the point? You can only see them if your in the first row of each corner! You pay an average of $75 a ticket for the game. My sister in law was an Atalnta Falcons Cheerleader for six seasons. The perks were great for me, tickets , press passes, etc. But the cheerleaders in the NFL are overrated!

DIESELMAN
03-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Hey, if Jessica Alba would be a Steelers cheer leader then I'm all for it.lol

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

PsychoWard
03-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Cheerleaders? For what? The players can`t hear them! The Fans can`t hear them! Whats the point? You can only see them if your in the first row of each corner! You pay an average of $75 a ticket for the game. My sister in law was an Atalnta Falcons Cheerleader for six seasons. The perks were great for me, tickets , press passes, etc. But the cheerleaders in the NFL are overrated!

:ditto:

BlackGold4vr
03-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Don't know why anyone would want scantily clad, drop dead gorgeous women in black and gold! Hurts my eyes just thinking about it......:eyecrazy:

BBC
03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Don't know why anyone would want scantily clad, drop dead gorgeous women in black and gold! Hurts my eyes just thinking about it......:eyecrazy:

Why do we need it at a football game? :dunno:

I don't know about you, but I go to games for the football.

TEEMONT
03-27-2007, 12:55 PM
cheerleaders = lame

BlackGold4vr
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Why do we need it at a football game? :dunno:

I don't know about you, but I go to games for the football.

Something to look at and be entertained by, during all those long TV time-outs. Plus provide a nice calendar for the garage. People are just stuck on tradition, every college and high school team as well as 90% of the pro teams have them and I really don't see how it takes away from the football atmosphere for any of those teams. Plus those (local) girls do tons of charity work and benefits that help the community. I don't really care one way or the other, its just a topic to discuss while we pass the time waiting for real sports news to happen. :lol:

TEEMONT
03-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Something to look at and be entertained by, during all those long TV time-outs. Plus provide a nice calendar for the garage. People are just stuck on tradition, every college and high school team as well as 90% of the pro teams have them and I really don't see how it takes away from the football atmosphere for any of those teams. Plus those (local) girls do tons of charity work and benefits that help the community. I don't really care one way or the other, its just a topic to discuss while we pass the time waiting for real sports news to happen. :lol:

The only thing I need to be entertained by during the TV time-outs.....is beer.

SteelerFan87
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Well, a part of me would like to see cheerleaders (I meant that metaphorically, get your mind out of the gutter!) but I just don't see how it would work. I mean, the Steelers' black and gold style just wouldn't mesh well with the whole NFL cheerleader image. The Pens' cheerleaders (or whatever they are) are kind of hot though, but that's different. Besides, it's cold in Pittsburgh. What's the point of having cheerleaders if they're wearing warm clothes?

TampaSteelGirl
03-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Nope! Don't need em!! Just wanna watch some football and drink some beer!!! :tt02:

BBG7
03-27-2007, 01:26 PM
We don't need cheerleaders to get fans in the stands....the Steelers do that themselves. I'm sure you can get some drop dead gorgous girls to put together a calander for you guys though!!!

Stlrs4Life
03-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Speaking as a blonde, formerly Western PA girl, (and always will be in my heart), you already have all the Steeler cheerleaders you need! Just turn and look around you at the stadium....there we'll be! Go into any Steeler bar across the country on game day....we'll be right there...cheering like crazy! Cheerleaders???? We don't need no stinkin formal cheerleaders! :tt02: :lol:

I know for sure that Ohio has 1 very pretty girl!:redcool:

Cheer leaders, don't need them. I agree FCG, they are already in the stands.

jayson_wv
03-28-2007, 12:51 AM
thumbs up for any cheerleaders anywhere!

my girl is from western PA area and she is one of the models on my site. not too bad!

actually my girl is a cheerleading freak! if the steelers had tryouts for cheerleaders she would be first the line!

SteelerSteve
03-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Can anyone tell me what other teams dont have cheerleaders?:dunno:

SteelersWoman
03-28-2007, 03:59 AM
Can anyone tell me what other teams dont have cheerleaders?:dunno:

There's 7 teams--Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, New York Jets and Giants.

SteelerSteve
03-28-2007, 04:02 AM
to be honest. I dont think it would be a big distraction to have cheerleaders, but I dont see how it would really help the team out either.

floodcitygirl
03-28-2007, 08:29 PM
I know for sure that Ohio has 1 very pretty girl!:redcool:

Cheer leaders, don't need them. I agree FCG, they are already in the stands.Thanks Dom. It sure is good to have you here. :cope:

House of Steel
03-28-2007, 09:11 PM
this forum is full of pretty ladies and some really good eye catchers :bigthumb:

TEEMONT
03-28-2007, 10:24 PM
this forum is full of pretty ladies and some really good eye catchers :bigthumb:

OMG....could you lay it on any thicker?! lol

House of Steel
03-28-2007, 10:25 PM
OMG....could you lay it on any thicker?! lol

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

steelersgal86
03-29-2007, 07:22 AM
There's 7 teams--Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, New York Jets and Giants.

Wow, never realized that many teams didnt have cheerleaders...

steelersgal86
03-29-2007, 07:24 AM
to be honest. I dont think it would be a big distraction to have cheerleaders, but I dont see how it would really help the team out either.

I agree I dont think they would be a distraction or that they would help the team either...really it is not like high school football where you can actually hear them and see them...