PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Preseason Schedule!!

PITT23
02-05-2007, 09:45 AM
The Steelers will play in the Hall of Fame game this preseason:

The Pittsburgh Steelers and the New Orleans Saints will kick off the 2007 NFL preseason schedule when they meet in the annual Hall of Fame game on August 5. The game will mark the debut of new Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin while the Saints will be coming off a loss in the NFL Championship Game to the Chicago Bears. The game will be televised for the first time by the NFL Network. Due to playing in this game, look for the Steelers to report to training camp in Latrobe on July 22.

Sounds cool to me :bigthumb:

TEEMONT
02-05-2007, 09:56 AM
YAY! one more meaningless game, and if you guys think our field sucks, the field at Canton is HORRIBLE! Worst turf I have ever played on in my life.

Iron City South
02-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I like the extra game and early report to camp. I think we need 'em both.

Tomlin will want to come out of the gate strong. :tt02:

House of Steel
02-05-2007, 10:01 AM
I played at Fawcett Stadium, it isn't that bad, but yes, it isn't the best thing to play on. I wish they would go to fieldturf there. It was pure hell playing on that field when it rains, OH MY LORD!!!!

How did you get to play at Fawcett, Stillers?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Ok so take this HOF game and remove one of our other 4 normal preseason games ! 5 is way too many no matter who our coach is or how much sucked last year.

AZ_Steeler
02-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Wasn't this posted by Koopa like a week ago :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2007, 10:53 AM
The game was but not the date and an "official" announcement. Atleast not that I remember but Im sure Koopa will let us know like he always does...

PITT23
02-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Anyone know if tickets to this game are really hard to get?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I think HOS was talking about trying to get tickets for this game.

House of Steel
02-05-2007, 11:00 AM
I can't find anything on E bay or any tickets sites. I am kicking myself in the ***. I wish my family and I was on good terms cause I could easily get free tickets from my family since my aunt, grandmother, and step mom work for one of the major sponsors of the Hall of Fame Festival. They always get 30-40 yard line seats 8 rows up. I think they are going to be on the Steelers side. OH I AM KICKING MYSELF!!! 4 free tickets, and I would of sold two online or a contest here on SA for two tickets. My family and I hate each others guts.

BBG7
02-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I would love to head up to Canton to see the Steelers play, but if the tickets are outrageous, I would rather save my money and go to a regular season game or two!!!

Friday133
02-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I played at Fawcett Stadium, it isn't that bad, but yes, it isn't the best thing to play on. I wish they would go to fieldturf there. It was pure hell playing on that field when it rains, OH MY LORD!!!!

Fawcett Stadium switched to field turf several years ago.

Friday133
02-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't waste any money on a pre season game. The only way I'd go is with free tickets.

TEEMONT
02-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Fawcett Stadium switched to field turf several years ago.

Better than astro turf I guess, I played there in 2000.

I played college ball for Geneva, we played two games up there my freshman year. One against Malone, and one against Walsh, both teams play home games at Fawcett.

My brother -in-law is thinking about playing for Walsh next year.

PITT23
02-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I would go because the weekend would also include taking in all of the Hall of Fame festivities and going to see the actual HOF which I have never done before.

House of Steel
02-05-2007, 11:48 AM
I played there in 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1996. That explains why I didn't know about it, but that turf was hell when it rained.

BB2W
02-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I would go because the weekend would also include taking in all of the Hall of Fame festivities and going to see the actual HOF which I have never done before.I love the HOF... it's worth the trip in my opinion.

House of Steel
02-05-2007, 11:59 AM
I almost went to Walsh, I was accepted in a heartbeat, but the tuition was outrageous. Malone was another one that wanted me. I chosed Toledo at the time cause it was far from my family and wanted to get away from them. Mount Union was another choice.

dick rasile
02-05-2007, 12:51 PM
You know I live a few short miles from the Hall of Fame and I've never watched a game there. The inductions and the Parade are more then enough for a football fan.
I heard that the field is being replaced but you know it's part of the school system so there is always the money thing. If I hear anything more I'll post it.
If the NFL network is covering the game that means that our local Cable Co. won't be showing the game.
I don't like the idea of the NFL network or how they do business. All they've done in NEO warner cable areas is to cost each viewer more each month.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2007, 01:35 PM
There's alot more to the NFLN than what your local cable companies lead you to believe. Trust me on this, I work for one. The local cable guys want you to believe that the NFLN is the bad guy in all this, when the cable companies that don't have it are just as much to blame as well. The NFLN is not perfect by any means, but the cable guys are far from the victims they portray themselves to be along with their subscribers.

Iron City South
02-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Suck it up HOS .... time to make ammends and take one for the team. :tt02:

SteelerFan87
02-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Early camp and an extra Steelers game (don't care if it's preseason)? I'll take it! I can't wait for next season to start anyway.

House of Steel
02-05-2007, 10:55 PM
it is going to take a lot of sucking up.