PDA

View Full Version : Y'all didn't stop us - y'all just delayed us!

DalTXColtsFan
02-05-2007, 03:29 AM
First and foremost, congrats again for SuperBowl XL. Y'all came into our house and spanked us like red-headed stepchildren. #6 seed beating the #3, then #1, then #2 seed ALL ON THE ROAD - AMAZING.

Now we Colts fans get to spend the next year feeling how y'all felt last year :greengrin:

I used the 1996 Broncos as my rallying cry this year. We Colts fans didn't have much reason to believe our window was still open after losing Edgerrin James, but our O-Line learned how to runblock, our O learned that a 3 to 1 pass to run ratio won't win playoff games, and we just ran for almost 200 yards against the BEARS!!!! This was a team that held Reggie Bush and Deuce McCallister to under ***50***!!!!!!!!

Anyway, the 1996 Broncos were hands-down the best team in the league, 14-2, #1 seed, and some #5 seed (Jax) comes to town and spanks them right out of the playoffs. They also had a QB who was known for not being able to win the big one. The 1997 Broncos won the SuperBowl as a WILD CARD.

So tell me Steeler fans - what do we Colts fans have to look forward to in the coming months???? :lol: :bigthumb: :redcool:

SteelersWoman
02-05-2007, 03:37 AM
Braggin rights! lol And a feelin of pride that never goes away :)

augustashark
02-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Congrats dude, It's a very good feeling when you put all that time into rooting and staying positive and it all pays off when your team wins it all!

Steelersfan
02-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Enjoy it while you can! You are holding something that belongs to us!....lol

Stairwayto7
02-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Props dude! Nice to see a ex Steeler get you to the promise land!

Congrats

BBG7
02-05-2007, 09:48 AM
congrats...Dungy is a great coach and he deserves a ring!!! Enjoy it while it lasts...it's fun!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2007, 09:51 AM
I admit, I was cheering for Dungy last night all the way. Im happy to see him get a championship. Enjoy it !!

cuz next year it's comin back to steel town :tt02:

Iron City South
02-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I was happy for Dungy as well. Although, I could have done without the "We did it the Lords way" speech when Dungy thanked "Christians" everywhere.

BB2W
02-05-2007, 09:58 AM
So tell me Steeler fans - what do we Colts fans have to look forward to in the coming months???? :lol: :bigthumb: :redcool:Hire someone to keep Peyton off of motorcycles... and your coach is gonna leave. :greengrin:

Ambridge
02-05-2007, 10:05 AM
The Colts may have lost Edgerrin James but they got more in return with Joseph Addai. He's a tough runner and is a huge threat catching the ball out of the backfield.

Enjoy your time in the sun Colts fans and bask in the glory. The Colts and Steelers both took long and hard paths to their championships and I believe that makes winning it all even more sweeter.

PS-Have fun choosing from all the Championship gear and memorabilia that
will be coming out. Hope you have a few bucks saved up.

TEEMONT
02-05-2007, 10:33 AM
So tell me Steeler fans - what do we Colts fans have to look forward to in the coming months???? :lol: :bigthumb: :redcool:

Lots of bandwagon fans.....congrads though.

SteelerFan87
02-05-2007, 10:34 AM
So tell me Steeler fans - what do we Colts fans have to look forward to in the coming months????

2 Horrible words you do NOT want to hear: North Carolina (especially if it's preceded by the words "house in") :lol:

Also, keep Peyton off of motorcycles! :lol:

Anyway, what do you have to look forward to? Parades. DVDs. Shirts, hats, and various other kinds of merchandise. Bragging rights. Laughing at your rivals. Possibly having everything possible go wrong for you in the 1st half of next year if your team has a SB hangover. Watching us win again next year. :tt02:

Enjoy! :bigthumb:

PITT23
02-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Congrats to the Colts and their fans, just be ready next year when every single team brings their absolute best at you each week.

House of Steel
02-05-2007, 11:10 AM
I will admit, I was extremely happy to see Tony Dungy win the Big Game. I am not too shabby about that cocky, arrogant Peyton Manning. Enjoy it while it last, cause the Black n Gold is going to come in a full blown storm and bring that Vince Lombardi Trophy back to the BURGH!!!! It's a BURGH THING!!!

Congratulations to the Colts!!!

AZ_Steeler
02-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Lots of bandwagon fans.....congrads though.

This is the truth!!! You will have more fans now then you have ever had before!!!

Congrats on winning the Super Bowl but don't let it get to your head or you'll start the year off like the Steelers did with that Super Bowl hangover :bigthumb:

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-05-2007, 11:51 AM
First and foremost, congrats again for SuperBowl XL. Y'all came into our house and spanked us like red-headed stepchildren. #6 seed beating the #3, then #1, then #2 seed ALL ON THE ROAD - AMAZING.

Now we Colts fans get to spend the next year feeling how y'all felt last year :greengrin:

I used the 1996 Broncos as my rallying cry this year. We Colts fans didn't have much reason to believe our window was still open after losing Edgerrin James, but our O-Line learned how to runblock, our O learned that a 3 to 1 pass to run ratio won't win playoff games, and we just ran for almost 200 yards against the BEARS!!!! This was a team that held Reggie Bush and Deuce McCallister to under ***50***!!!!!!!!

Anyway, the 1996 Broncos were hands-down the best team in the league, 14-2, #1 seed, and some #5 seed (Jax) comes to town and spanks them right out of the playoffs. They also had a QB who was known for not being able to win the big one. The 1997 Broncos won the SuperBowl as a WILD CARD.

Enjoy it while you can. Cause you will not have it for long.

TampaSteelGirl
02-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Congrats! I was rooting for your Colts as well because I love and respect Tony Dungy so much and after what Tampa Bay did to him was horrible and he was robbed of a SB win with Tampa Bay! Tony being a Steeler of course was extra sweet but also because I felt bad for Peyton and the way the media treats him in telling him he'll never win the big show. I"m sure the pressure was intense for Peyton last night. They played well. When we won last year I couldn't stop smiling for weeks and i'm sure you'll feel the same way. Enjoy your SuperBowl victory but a humble fan is the best fan. :tt02:

BBG7
02-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Peyton was the only reason I was rooting for the Bears...but at the same time, I think Dungy deserves it. He is a class act!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM

You Colts fan have nothing to look forward to. The Steelers will rise again. I'm not playing nice anymore.lol I gave my congrats and I give the Colts major props for winning as a team finally. Its funny it took them all these years to figure out it takes more then Golden Boy to win it all. The Colts won't repeat and the Steelers will kick the **** out of them next year. Now go celebrate on a Colts board and keep the Lombardi warm for the Steelers.lol

But for real bro congrats to you/Coltsfans and the Colts. They deserve the Super Bowl win and it was a great team effort. You have alot to be proud of with the way your team played throughout the play-offs and Super Bowl.:bigthumb:

Troyisabeast_43
02-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Colts played well there is no question about that and they did deserve to win. But their run this year was not as impressive as our run last year to win it. The Steelers had to win 3 games in a row against the top 3 seeds in the AFC all in a row and on the road, while the Colts while they did win 3 in a row 2 of them were at home with one being against a pathetic Kansas City team. They also played a Bears team in the Super Bowl with no QB who wasnt as good as that Seattle team the Steelers played last year with a better QB in Hasselbeck and the MVP in the league Shaun Alexander. Keep in mind the Steelers had to win 8 in a row to win the Super Bowl as well going back to the regular season. So if you compare the 2 runs our run was much more impressive then the Colts this year. The Colts will not repeat next year because I still think their defense is garbage it just played good when it had too. They can and still will get run on very well next season, their division is going to be a lot better with Tennessee,Jags,and Houston all getting better. All 3 beat Indy this year so they can definitely do it next season again. The Colts were due and they finally got it done, but I dont see them repeating and winning it again next year. Its just too hard and they will find that out very very quickly that things dont always go your way especially the year after you win the Super Bowl. It becomes 1000 times tougher.

K Train
02-05-2007, 05:01 PM

i hope you guys end up feeling exactly how we felt last season...what a great season that was

TEEMONT
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
BTW you misspelled the word Y'inz in your thread title. Twice.

Koopa
02-05-2007, 05:37 PM

lol, he spelled it out perfect, that's just how we roll in the great state of texas

PITT23
02-05-2007, 10:17 PM

:lol: :lol: :clap:

BlackGold4vr
02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Congrats! I was rooting for your Colts as well because I love and respect Tony Dungy so much and after what Tampa Bay did to him was horrible and he was robbed of a SB win with Tampa Bay! Tony being a Steeler of course was extra sweet but also because I felt bad for Peyton and the way the media treats him in telling him he'll never win the big show. I"m sure the pressure was intense for Peyton last night. They played well. When we won last year I couldn't stop smiling for weeks and i'm sure you'll feel the same way. Enjoy your SuperBowl victory but a humble fan is the best fan. :tt02:

Congrats on the championship and most Pittsburgh fans were probably rooting for Tony Dungy and the Colts. Having said that your team is really in bad shape salary cap wise. You guys have like 8 UFA who were starters that will all be looking for a bit of a raise. Then you get to draft dead last to replace any losses you might take. On top of all that, every team you play will be looking to prove something against the defending champions! Good luck! Thats why defending the title is so difficult! But you will still have Peyton so things can't be all that bad! Cheers! :beer4:

TEEMONT
02-08-2007, 12:42 AM
lol, he spelled it out perfect, that's just how we roll in the great state of texas

been to texass, the greatest part of it was the crap I left in the Dallas airport bathroom.

Koopa
02-08-2007, 12:43 AM
been to texass, the greatest part of it was the crap I left in the Dallas airport bathroom.

well you ain't been to the south, i don't know much about north texas, all i know it's where all the rich stuck up white folks live.....but down south is where it's badass.............i prefer texas over PA any day......

TEEMONT
02-08-2007, 01:04 AM
well you ain't been to the south, i don't know much about north texas, all i know it's where all the rich stuck up white folks live.....but down south is where it's badass.............i prefer texas over PA any day......

I lived in San Antonio for 8 months, I just didnt take an noteworthy dumps there......lol.

Koopa
02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
I lived in San Antonio for 8 months, I just didnt take an noteworthy dumps there......lol.

lol, i love it in san antonio

steelcurtaingal
02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
First and foremost congrats to the colts, you did a great job. I was rooting for you gyus all the way, after we were out of the running that is. Enjoy the feeling of pride, cuz next year the lombardi is returning home to steel town:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM

But you're from Texas so no suprise you prefer Texas. I wasn't born in western PA but my parents were. So I know that area really well. Since I have spent time there visiting some of my family that still lives there. But I love the Pittsburgh area.

Koopa
02-08-2007, 04:31 PM
But you're from Texas so no suprise you prefer Texas. I wasn't born in western PA but my parents were. So I know that area really well. Since I have spent time there visiting some of my family that still lives there. But I love the Pittsburgh area.

when i went to pa for 2 weeks i wanted to come back after 5 days, it was fun there, but i don't like it lol, y'all talk funny lol.....and it was in july and the water was to ****ing cold to go swimming in lol........ it was 53 degrees at night when we arrived (3 am)....wtf is up with that??? lol, i was wearing shorts and a tshirt and had packed no pants or anything warm lol

TEEMONT
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
when i went to pa for 2 weeks i wanted to come back after 5 days, it was fun there, but i don't like it lol, y'all talk funny lol.....and it was in july and the water was to ****ing cold to go swimming in lol........ it was 53 degrees at night when we arrived (3 am)....wtf is up with that??? lol, i was wearing shorts and a tshirt and had packed no pants or anything warm lol

53 is god damned tropical.......I go out in wife beaters in that weather, man up!

BlitzburghNation
02-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Back on the topic of what to look forward to :scratch: All i can say is enjoy it while you can because when the season starts every single team will bring there A game :greengrin: