PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl lacks luster without Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2007, 12:35 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_491716.html

By Mike Wereschagin
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, February 4, 2007

On the bright side, it'll be a lot easier to get a seat at the bar.

A year after Pittsburgh fans celebrated a fifth National Football League championship with jubilant screams and thumbs thrust skyward, much of the city is greeting Super Bowl XLI with a shrug and a yawn.

Trevor Melville said the Super Bowl party he's hosting this year will be geared more toward his guests than the game.

"I didn't think anybody was doing anything," said Melville, 36, of Bridgeville. He invited about 15 college friends to his Sunday soiree

Man last year at this time we were flyin high, talking about every angle of this game, the Bus retiring, Cowher retiring, one for the thumb, memories to be had, you name it. Now it's just.. :sleepy:

OneSteelSoldier
02-04-2007, 01:10 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_491716.html

Man last year at this time we were flyin high, talking about every angle of this game, the Bus retiring, Cowher retiring, one for the thumb, memories to be had, you name it. Now it's just.. :sleepy:I actually think it's a great match up. On the other hand if the Patriots had gotten there, it would have been the first Super Bowl that I would have missed volintarily. I couldn't handle another 3 point Patriot win.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-04-2007, 01:24 AM
You mean someone is still playing football??? :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2007, 01:58 AM
On paper it is a great matchup and it should be a good game to watch; but the intensity and excitement just isn't there for me.

BlitzburghNation
02-04-2007, 02:04 AM
On paper it is a great matchup and it should be a good game to watch; but the intensity and excitement just isn't there for me.

:iagree: Maybe next year we'll give TOMLIN his 1st & our 6th :tt02:

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-04-2007, 03:09 AM
Wait a minute there playing football? :lol:

Captcoolhand
02-04-2007, 03:10 AM
:iagree: Maybe next year we'll give TOMLIN his 1st & our 6th :tt02:
Like your hopes but won't happen:banging:

DIESELMAN
02-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Maybe next year we'll give TOMLIN his 1st & our 6th :tt02:
There ya go.....:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Like your hopes but won't happen
Gotta have faith bro.....:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Stairwayto7
02-04-2007, 07:56 AM
I agree, big deal! We are going to a big, good SuperBowl party, at a freind, probably 60 people. I`mjust hoping to win some money on some squares

TampaSteelGirl
02-04-2007, 11:30 AM
I was going to have a SB party but it seems everyone isn't really interested and just wants to stay in their own homes and watch the game and some of my buddies are going to Hooters because they are giving away Plasma screen TV's at each one LOL!. Last year I was at the Steeler bar I always go to and it was the best time ever!! I laughed and cried so much and Thanked God in every other sentence! I was pretty hammered but man it was fun!! Doesn't seem much fun this year, i really don't care for either team but would like to see Tony Dungy win because Tampa Bay (which I can't stand) did Tony so wrong and then Jon Gruden won the SB that year with Tony's team. I feel bad for Peyton becuase the media is so cruel! I have faith in Tomlin so i think we'll have a great year and I hope a SB year!!! :tt02:

Iron City South
02-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Playoffs for the Stillers next year .... bet it. :tt02:

Although the SB hype might be a snooze this year because we're nowhere to be found, the hiring of a new coach with many new coaches gives me reason to be extremely excited about next season. :helmet:

The draft will be a good indication how how this new ragime thinks.

BlackGold4vr
02-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Like your hopes but won't happen

I seem to recall a team a few years back who won the Superbowl with a first year coach.........Tampa Bay........Jon Gruden! Ring a bell? We are a team who is 1 year removed from a SB with many of the pieces still in place. We have a good draft position that will enable us to strengthen our weaknesses and we have a new coach who will bring new intensity and passion to our team! New England missed the playoffs after their first win as well and returned the year after to win another! Don't know how you can write us off before the season even begins! Talk about being a pessimist! Blitzburgh Nation.........Im with you, I like our chances!

:tt02:

kgreen
02-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I actually think it's a great match up. On the other hand if the Patriots had gotten there, it would have been the first Super Bowl that I would have missed volintarily. I couldn't handle another 3 point Patriot win.

:iagree:
The Patriots are the gayest team in the NFL in the Super Bowl. Their whole game plan rests on the final minutes of the game and a 3 point :sleepy: win. I love the match up this year. Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith are two respectable head coaches with great resumes. I like the fact that the Colts have strong ties to the Steelers. Dungy, of course was a pretty good nicle back in his playing days under Chuck Noll and he also became Noll's defensive coordinador in......i want to say 85. Also Tom Moore, Colts offensive coordinator- was Nolls coordinator in those 4 Super Bowls, so Go Colts.

SteelerNation
02-04-2007, 02:10 PM
It may lack the luster. without the steelers but remember where ever the steelers go they leave a marking and superbowl 41 has its marking from the steelers. as does the other even if we havent been there .. The steelers are in the are in the beer everwhere u look there are steelers.

But I Want the colts to win. for the simple fact they gave credit to the steelers for thier cover 2 defence and for that takes alot of nuts. I mean just to come out and give credit to a different team. is just BIG lol but GOOOOOOOOOOO COLTS:popcorn: :drunk: