PDA

View Full Version : Ravens owner wants Flacco to fill Ray Lewis’s leadership void, like it or not.

steelers4life66
06-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Like it or not Flacco, you have to do the squirrel dance at every game now.

On most teams, it would go without saying that the Super Bowl MVP-winning quarterback is the leader. But in Baltimore, where Ray Lewis has been the undisputed leader of the Ravens for years, owner Steve Bisciotti made a specific point of telling quarterback Joe Flacco (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4677/joe-flacco) that it’s his team now.
Bisciotti said that with Lewis retired, there’s no question that the rest of the locker room will look to Flacco.
“You are the leader now, like it or not (http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Steve-Bisciotti-To-Joe-Flacco-Youre-The-Leader-Now/5976a099-11b2-4b13-97b4-46ecc8c7d973),” Bisciotti said to Flacco, via the team’s website.
Flacco and Lewis have different personalities, and Flacco will probably never be the kind of vocal leader that Lewis has been. But Bisciotti told Flacco that his accomplishments in the postseason this year have made him an undisputed NFL superstar.
“Not many guys do what you did in five years. Not many did it your way,” Bisciotti said. “Not many like the way you do it. But I said at the end-of-the-year press conference after last year’s [AFC championship] defeat, that I think the fans of Baltimore will be rewarded by your low-key presence, and it will stand the test of time. Indeed it did, and we all hope it continues to do that.”
For the money Bisciotti is paying him, Flacco should continue to play like he did in the playoffs.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dazV7?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

steelchamp204
06-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Why are we talking about the Ravens?? Who cares.

steelers4life66
06-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Why are we talking about the Ravens?? Who cares.

Yea, lets not post any threads about football on here. Even if it is the AFC North. I feel the same way about those dumb backward # counts and the "what was the last thing you ate" threads that get posted here. At lest it is about football. If you don't want to talk about the Ravens why did you even open the thread and wast your time commenting ya tool.

LatrobePA
06-10-2013, 04:52 PM
And wants Flacco to "fill" his mouth!

F the ravens who's gives a ****!

Speeed
06-10-2013, 06:43 PM
I live local to Baltimore. I see him on all kinds of commercials and see him on TV. He is a village idiot. I kid you not. I can't imagine him leading anything.I am surprised he can lead verb with a noun, forget about a football team.

Oh yeah, the Pats signed Tebow.

Big T
06-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Speaking of the ravens...

@AdamSchefter: Ravens were unable to work out a restructured deal for FB Vonta Leach and plan to try to trade or release him Tuesday.

LatrobePA
06-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Speaking of the ravens...

@AdamSchefter: Ravens were unable to work out a restructured deal for FB Vonta Leach and plan to try to trade or release him Tuesday.

He'd look good in B&G...

Big T
06-10-2013, 08:39 PM
He'd look good in B&G...

Yes, yes he would. He would give a nice boost to the running game.

LatrobePA
06-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Yes, yes he would. He would give a nice boost to the running game.

I was always jealous of the ravens for having him.

jpele
06-11-2013, 09:23 AM
If they want Flacco to fill Lewis's role ,they should buy him a set of steak knives.

coldrolled
06-11-2013, 09:27 AM
If you would sign Leach... Who goes? Redman or W.Johnson?

LatrobePA
06-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Redman or Dwyer.

steelchamp204
06-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Yea, lets not post any threads about football on here. Even if it is the AFC North. I feel the same way about those dumb backward # counts and the "what was the last thing you ate" threads that get posted here. At lest it is about football. If you don't want to talk about the Ravens why did you even open the thread and wast your time commenting ya tool.

Seems that you don't like my opinion. So go **** yourself. Btw, we have been talking a lot about the Ravens this off season let alone dealing with them winning the superbowl. Especially a worthless **** thread that has to do with Flacco being a "leader" Like Latrobe said WHO GIVES A ****

steelchamp204
06-11-2013, 10:57 AM
I always thought that Leach was a huge signing when they did, he is a monster.

LatrobePA
06-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I always thought that Leach was a huge signing when they did, he is a monster.

Ditto.

ChucktownSteeler
06-13-2013, 07:12 AM
I think Leach will end up back with the Texans. Hope the Pats don't sign him.

Big T
06-13-2013, 12:59 PM
The Texans would make sense but they also signed Greg Jones earlier this offseason. He's no scrub.

Root4Stlrs
06-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Supposedly Leach is visiting Miami soon, and KC and some other team (?) have shown interest. When I saw this thread, thought it was interesting/unusual way for owner to address the QB - via the web site. All I know is what I read on here though so don't have much of an opinion (b/c I would rather stick a hot poker in my eye than spend time on the Ravens' web site).