PDA

View Full Version : Worilds and Jones ?

PSYCHO STEELER
05-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Lets say Worilds has a good to excellent season. Is it possible the steelers can keep'em and maybe either move him or Jones to the middle to replace Foote? Such as Timmons OLB to ILB.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-31-2013, 11:55 AM
no, it is not possible

Big T
05-31-2013, 12:00 PM
No...

K Train
05-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Worilds having a good to excellent season is where i thought to myself...nahhh

coldrolled
05-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Worilds will play alot.. Woodley and Jones will be sitting on hammys off and on all year.... Talking with H. Miller...

Worilds will play often....

and Eifert will play... oh wait.. wrong.....

Big T
05-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Worilds will play alot.. Woodley and Jones will be sitting on hammys off and on all year.... Talking with H. Miller...

Eifert is a baller but you really need to stop acting like he's the greatest TE to ever come into the league and is going to be 100 percent unstoppable. You really need to let it go. You're basically turning into Crash, spewing the same **** over and over in every thread. We all know you wanted Eifert. We get it.

By the way, as a rookie, Cortez Allen basically took Gronk out of the game against the Pats. I'm sure he can handle Eifert.

cmerrifield
05-31-2013, 12:44 PM

You do know that Miller is running now right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

K Train
05-31-2013, 12:48 PM

yeah, jones tweaked his hammy in OTA so that means he'll never see the field, ever. Chronic hammy issue red flag

scudmissile29
05-31-2013, 01:08 PM
mlb timmons
mlb spence
olb jones
olb worilds

I think that is our lineup in a few years time.

With of course Woodley not there as he's overrated imo and gone --

K Train
05-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Woodley is a clear cut starter, wouldnt be surprised if he has his best season as a pro with all the heat hes been taking this offseason

Big T
05-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Woodley is a clear cut starter, wouldnt be surprised if he has his best season as a pro with all the heat hes been taking this offseason

This...

connecticutsteel
05-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Man some fans are really ****** i don't understand why wood doesn't get a pass just because harrison said he was fat doesn't mean he can't play Harrison says lots of things then apologizes like he did to goodell so he should just apologize to wood

LatrobePA
05-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Agree Woodley is going to have a break out year! Troy I have a feeling will be in the running for DPOY...

coldrolled
05-31-2013, 03:19 PM
Man some fans are really ****** i don't understand why wood doesn't get a pass just because harrison said he was fat doesn't mean he can't play Harrison says lots of things then apologizes like he did to goodell so he should just apologize to wood

Woodley gets a pass with 4 sacks in a year and a half - 24 games???? Worilds had 5 last year in how many plays??

I hope they all play balls to the wall. but i have my doubts about the Woodley hammy.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-31-2013, 03:22 PM
Eifert is a baller but you really need to stop acting like he's the greatest TE to ever come into the league and is going to be 100 percent unstoppable. You really need to let it go. You're basically turning into Crash, spewing the same **** over and over in every thread. We all know you wanted Eifert. We get it.

By the way, as a rookie, Cortez Allen basically took Gronk out of the game against the Pats. I'm sure he can handle Eifert.

I rewatched that game last week. Allen is #1 on my breakout player list

NeilPatrickBanana
05-31-2013, 03:23 PM
Agree Woodley is going to have a break out year! Troy I have a feeling will be in the running for DPOY...

50 million dollar players dont have breakout years... they have "earned his money" years. :lol:

LatrobePA
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
50 million dollar players dont have breakout years... they have "earned his money" years. :lol:

LOL very true but my boy Woodley is an exception lolololol I'm pulling for him!

K Train
05-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Woodley is going to be fine, he is not washed up like everyone just wants to think. Worilds is still terrible though, i dont get the hopefulness surrounding him each year

Cortez Allen is going to be a lot better than keenan lewis

Big T
05-31-2013, 03:39 PM

Agreed. Im expecting big things from Cortez Allen.

Real Deal Steel
05-31-2013, 03:41 PM

me too.

Big T
05-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Woodley is going to be fine, he is not washed up like everyone just wants to think. Worilds is still terrible though, i dont get the hopefulness surrounding him each year

Agreed on all counts. Every year is Worilds "breakout year" and he never delivers. He had every opportunity last year and was still garbage. A few gimme, unblocked, "run straight at the QB" sacks and all of a sudden he's better than Woodley. Give me a break.

Real Deal Steel
05-31-2013, 03:43 PM

Again, I have to agree with K-Train. Worilds is who I have the microscope on. Either he becomes a player this year, or he's gone.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Woodley
2008 - 11.5 sacks
1st half season = 8 games / 9.5 sacks
2nd half season = 8 games / 2 sacks

2009 - 13.5 sacks
1st half season = 8 games / 2 sacks
2nd half season = 8 games / 11.5 sacks

2010 - 10 sacks
1st half season = 8 games / 5.5 sacks
2nd half season = 8 games / 4.5 sacks

2011 - 9 sacks
1st half season = 8 games / 9 sacks
2nd half season = 2 games / 0 sacks

2012 - 3
1st half season = 7 games / 3 sacks
2nd half season = 6 games / 1 sack

there are some disturbing trends in his lack of ability to put together a consistently above the line season. with more focus on him due to the absence of Harrison... it's hard to expect more than the typical Woodley year (half a season of good production, have a season without much....)

I don't think Woodley is washed up. I just don't think he ever deserved top pass rusher money... he was a bad investment.

coldrolled
05-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Microscope on Worilds for what???

Worilds is the perfect OLB for the backup role... problem is he has to play backup alot with all the injury problems...
Who do we have as a backup OLB as good as worilds for the money???

Jones and Woodley need to play and stay healthy. Woodley needs to earn his keep...

Big T
05-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Woodley
2008 - 11.5 sacks
1st half season = 8 games / 9.5 sacks
2nd half season = 8 games / 2 sacks

2009 - 13.5 sacks
1st half season = 8 games / 2 sacks
2nd half season = 8 games / 11.5 sacks

2010 - 10 sacks
1st half season = 8 games / 5.5 sacks
2nd half season = 8 games / 4.5 sacks

2011 - 9 sacks
1st half season = 8 games / 9 sacks
2nd half season = 2 games / 0 sacks

2012 - 3
1st half season = 7 games / 3 sacks
2nd half season = 6 games / 1 sack

there are some disturbing trends in his lack of ability to put together a consistently above the line season. with more focus on him due to the absence of Harrison... it's hard to expect more than the typical Woodley year (half a season of good production, have a season without much....)

I don't think Woodley is washed up. I just don't think he ever deserved top pass rusher money... he was a bad investment.

I agree that its been a bit if an issue, Woodley is very streaky... But I wouldn't put 2011 and 2012 in there. Injuries ruined both of those seasons for him. I have no doubts that if he's healthy he can be a dominant player like he was in 2011 without Harrison across from him. Woodley had multiple sacks in each of the 4 games Harrison missed. He was the only pass rushing threat we had, the only passrusher opposing offenses had to focus on and he still dominated. Then the hammy injured ruined the rest od the season. That's why I believe if he's healthy, like Train said, he could have his best season as a pro.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-31-2013, 04:39 PM
I agree that its been a bit if an issue, Woodley is very streaky... But I wouldn't put 2011 and 2012 in there. Injuries ruined both of those seasons for him. I have no doubts that if he's healthy he can be a dominant player like he was in 2011 without Harrison across from him. Woodley had multiple sacks in each of the 4 games Harrison missed. He was the only pass rushing threat we had, the only passrusher opposing offenses had to focus on and he still dominated. Then the hammy injured ruined the rest od the season. That's why I believe if he's healthy, like Train said, he could have his best season as a pro.

He has to overcome 2 trends (inconsistency and injuries)... I tend to err on the side of caution, instead of optimism.

I am assuming you are expecting 15+ sacks then (if he's healthy)?

Big T
05-31-2013, 04:51 PM
He has to overcome 2 trends (inconsistency and injuries)... I tend to err on the side of caution, instead of optimism.

I am assuming you are expecting 15+ sacks then (if he's healthy)?

Understandable. Am I expecting 15+ sacks? I wouldn't say that. But I definitely think (if healthy) he can do it this year.

K Train
05-31-2013, 04:52 PM
i expect 10+, actually im going to be pissed if he doesnt hit that.

Big T
05-31-2013, 04:54 PM
i expect 10+, actually im going to be pissed if he doesnt hit that.

No doubt. I expect 10+ from him every year.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2013, 09:24 PM
What about Woodley's post-season production?......Woodley was a monster in the post-season.......Multi-sacks in four or five straight post-season.......

Woodley 100 percent healthy and motivated and I expect a monster season from him........

Big T
05-31-2013, 11:27 PM
What about Woodley's post-season production?......Woodley was a monster in the post-season.......Multi-sacks in four or five straight post-season.......

Woodley 100 percent healthy and motivated and I expect a monster season from him........

Agreed. He has the NFL record for consecutive playoff games with at least 2 sacks.

NorCalSteel
06-01-2013, 06:38 AM
I love Woodly but you cant give him a pass then climb all over Worilds. I can never understand the hatred for Worilds this site has i think he can be a good player. Like pointed out he has out performed the beloved Woodly for the last 24 games? our sack total is dropping like a rock they need to do something.

ChucktownSteeler
06-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Agreed. He has the NFL record for consecutive playoff games with at least 2 sacks.

I think he set some sort of Steeler record as well, consecutive games with multiple sacks. When you think of our LB linage, that is quite remarkable.

scudmissile29
06-01-2013, 01:47 PM

nobody really cares about your breakout lists.

Was sanchez one in 2010?

PSYCHO STEELER
06-03-2013, 11:07 PM
WOW, you guys should have started a Woodley thread, this is about Worilds or Jones moving to the middle ILB position if Worilds has a good to great season.

Real Deal Steel
06-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Initially, Woodley and Worilds are going to start with Jones being rotated in. Worilds will have every chance to shine early. So if he bombs, he has no one to blame but himself.

K Train
06-04-2013, 08:45 AM
WOW, you guys should have started a Woodley thread, this is about Worilds or Jones moving to the middle ILB position if Worilds has a good to great season.

Jones could probably play the middle, i dont really like him there as a timmons-like conversion. Worilds would get destroyed in the middle.

One of the two needs to succeed in a big way at OLB, harrison had big shoes to fill when he took the spot, but the task isnt any easier for these two

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Worilds is gonna surprise some people... Don't be so quick to write him off!

K Train
06-04-2013, 09:34 AM
no no i was quick to write him off, the day he was drafted.

Writing him off now isnt doing it quickly, its after much disappointment and underachieving

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
no no i was quick to write him off, the day he was drafted.

Writing him off now isnt doing it quickly, its after much disappointment and underachieving

Maybe some time with the number 1 unit will boost him to a respectable level?? He was just "plugged" in and never really had that many first team reps.. We will see!

ChucktownSteeler
06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Worilds is simply keeping the seat warm for Jones. If Jones isn't starting by mid-season (or earlier) I would be surprised.

K Train
06-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Id be surprised if jones got even 1 start

coldrolled
06-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Woodley has a hammy and woirlds has a glass shoulder right?.. Jones will start this year.

DanRooney
06-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Agreed on all counts. Every year is Worilds "breakout year" and he never delivers. He had every opportunity last year and was still garbage. A few gimme, unblocked, "run straight at the QB" sacks and all of a sudden he's better than Woodley. Give me a break.

You just described big LaMarr.

I always though Woodley was overrated. I don't think he's good by any means. Same goes for Worilds.

I'm all for Jones though.