PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Eastern Conference Finals: Boston Bruins @ Pittsburgh Penguins

scudmissile29
05-26-2013, 10:41 AM
We beat them three times in the season, I think we take this in 6.

steelersbabex25
05-26-2013, 01:30 PM
I agree that we'll probably take it in 6 but I'm not getting too ahead of myself. Look what's happening to the Blackhawks right now. They were supposed to be the best team in the league but they're behind in the series. Just hope our guys don't let off the gas at all.

scudmissile29
05-26-2013, 02:19 PM
I agree that we'll probably take it in 6 but I'm not getting too ahead of myself. Look what's happening to the Blackhawks right now. They were supposed to be the best team in the league but they're behind in the series. Just hope our guys don't let off the gas at all.

We have such a good squad this season we should go all the way.

Bruins are good though, worthy opponent. We only won each by 1 goal.

The Kings/Red Wings/Blackhawks will be hard opponents too.

steelersbabex25
05-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Good squad but so injury prone. Hopefully we can get through 2 more series without any huge injuries. And if this Blackhawks/Red Wings battle could go on to a game 7 I wouldn't hate it. Kunitz needs time to heal from whatever injury he has right now.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Pens are so deep though and really have four solid lines they throw out there every night......Really its all up to TV and he is the key for the Pens......I think the Pens matchup very well against the Bruins....I see the Pens speed really being a problem for Boston.........But you never know in the NHL play-offs.......

scudmissile29
05-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Pens are so deep though and really have four solid lines they throw out there every night......Really its all up to TV and he is the key for the Pens......I think the Pens matchup very well against the Bruins....I see the Pens speed really being a problem for Boston.........But you never know in the NHL play-offs.......

lol at least we got 7 opportunities not to get tebowed LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2013, 06:40 PM
lol at least we got 7 opportunities not to get tebowed LOL

If TV continues playing well then I see the Pens wrapping the series up in 5......But who knows at this point....Boston can come out and score 5 or 6 goals in the first game...lol

steelersbabex25
05-27-2013, 01:21 AM
The Islanders and the Sens aren't really comparable to the Bruins though. The Bruins will bring a lot more fire power. I can see this series being the one that TV gets pulled and Fleury possibly gets a chance to redeem himself.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2013, 01:31 PM
The Islanders and the Sens aren't really comparable to the Bruins though. The Bruins will bring a lot more fire power. I can see this series being the one that TV gets pulled and Fleury possibly gets a chance to redeem himself.

The Islanders are the kind of team that gives the Pens fits....The Islanders have more speed and more athletic then the Bruins.....I wasn't worried much about the Sens and I thought as long TV played solid the Pens would handle the Sens pretty easily and the Pens did.......If the Pens have to go back to Flower then they're pretty much doomed....I really would question the psyche of Marc-Andre right now.......In TV I trust....

scudmissile29
05-28-2013, 07:50 AM
We've got a few days rest which is really good, I predict a Friday night opening?

LatrobePA
05-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Bruins beat the Rangers, the Rangers had/ have no offense. Nash is a POS!

That being said they haven't seen the Pens team with a full staff of players. I'm hoping we come out and overwhelm them from the puck drop.

But also we need to be aware of their deadly 4th line, no way can we take that lightly!

LET'S GO PENS!!

steelersbabex25
06-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Let's go pens!!

steelersbabex25
06-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Or not..

BubbyBlister
06-01-2013, 11:29 PM
They need to shake off the rust. That sucked but next game should be a lot better and now they know what there in for.

scudmissile29
06-02-2013, 06:59 AM
What the **** was that performance.

We played well for the first 5 minutes and then...

FlatsSteeler
06-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Although I don't believe TV was the problem my guess is we will see MAF in goal Monday........If he is solid we will go on to win the series and cup....if not we lose the series in 5 games and bye bye Blysma.........I have to admit the wide open run n gun is cool to watch it will not win Championships.......This team needs to tighten up the "D" and give the Goalie some help......

steelersbabex25
06-02-2013, 12:54 PM
TV was DEFINITELY not the problem last night. The first goal was a redirect, I can't remember the second goal, and the third goal was just completely blown defense. Keep TV in until he starts allowing Fleury-like playoff goals. Eaton was also god awful last night. Replace him with Engelland or Despres. Overall though, it really just wasn't our game. Raask was hardly standing on his head and got lucky so many times last night. Score could have easily been 5 to 1.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-02-2013, 01:57 PM
How many shots clanked off the damn post last night?.....I'm not taking anything away from Boston but the Pens should have at least 3 goals last night......Just seemed like to me the puck bounced the Bruins way......

steelersbabex25
06-02-2013, 04:03 PM
How many shots clanked off the damn post last night?.....I'm not taking anything away from Boston but the Pens should have at least 3 goals last night......Just seemed like to me the puck bounced the Bruins way......

Exactly. Like I said, just wasn't our game. 3 or 4 (maybe even 5) posts, the chances that came right at the end of the first period and again at the end of the second? Lucky game for the Bruins IMO. Not to say that the Pens didn't have their fair share of issues last night. Collapsed defense multiple times, turnovers, had trouble getting the puck out of our end of the ice. All fixable problems though. Hopefully they'll work on that for Monday..

steelersbabex25
06-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Also, while watching Malkin throw down was pretty cool, like come on dude what are you thinking. Same with Sid trying to start **** with Raask and Chara. Not the time or the place. Neither of those guys are of any use when they're in the penalty box.

scudmissile29
06-03-2013, 01:36 AM
I've never really liked Bylsma.

He did something special in 2008... coming in late, winning the cup, but I think it was more due to the fact that Crosby and Malkin were so great that season... I still remmeber that goal Malkin scored against the Canes, wasn't even looking and somehow flicked in it... i think that capped off the hat-trick and sent the canes packing

Black@Gold Forever32
06-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Also, while watching Malkin throw down was pretty cool, like come on dude what are you thinking. Same with Sid trying to start **** with Raask and Chara. Not the time or the place. Neither of those guys are of any use when they're in the penalty box.

I don't mind Malkin throwing down in a fight since when he does get pissed he usually goes into BEAST MODE right after....lol But didn't like Sid trying to peck a fight with Chara.....lol

Frustrating game but the Pens must win game 2 and hopefully respond.....Being down 0-2 and heading into Boston would be VERY BAD........

LatrobePA
06-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Am I the only one thinking Vocoun is playing well but MAF could ignite this team in this series??

steelersbabex25
06-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Am I the only one thinking Vocoun is playing well but MAF could ignite this team in this series??

Yes. Not taking a chance with MAF. He's either spectacular or the worst goalie in the world. Not taking the chance that he might be the latter if he plays. Besides the point that Coun already said Bylsma told him he's getting the start.

LatrobePA
06-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Yes. Not taking a chance with MAF. He's either spectacular or the worst goalie in the world. Not taking the chance that he might be the latter if he plays. Besides the point that Coun already said Bylsma told him he's getting the start.

Yea I just saw that.. I agree w you.

Clevelandsux
06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Must beat uncle festers crew tonight.

steelersbabex25
06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
NO MORE BLIND PASSES. STOP. WHAT ARE YOU DOING

steelersbabex25
06-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Can't get over how unimpressive Crosby is.

steelersbabex25
06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Guys I'm crying someone come wallow with me.

steelersbabex25
06-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Talking to myself. Here are my thoughts from game 2:

First and foremost, anyone seen Crosby or Malkin lately? Our two players that are supposed to be the momentum catchers for us right now. Our only sliver of momentum that we've had throughout game one or two was due to Brandon Sutter. SUTTER! Bylsma is playing Iginla out of position as to not upset Crosby...so Crosby, what are you doing right now? You've been more trouble than you're worth these last two games. Stop turning over the puck at center ice. Like stop.

STOP WITH BLIND PASSES. WHEN OUT OF THE ONE MILLION TIMES THAT YOU'VE DONE IT HAS IT WORKED. Goes for everyone on the team. Results in a turnover. Every time. Just stop. Stop it now or I'm going to lose my mind.

Feel bad for both Koun and Fleury. Koun has worked wonders for us the past 2 rounds and it's a shame that he collapses because his defense is doing nothing to help him. My heart also goes out to Fleury. Been with the Penguins for some 10 years and has been one of my favorite players to date. Maybe something with the baby is affecting his play but it's sad that he'll have this "choke" label even after he retires unless he somehow pulls this one out (if he gets the start).

Lastly, Bylsma had better hope to God that the Pens win this series or it'll be his head. This is the second year in a row that the Pens were favorites to win the cup all season just to completely fold over in the playoffs. 4 playoff appearances I believe it'll be with nothing close to a second cup. Thanks for '09 Bylsma but you have just completely **** the bed in the last 4 seasons. Most talent on a single time in the league by far and we can't even get to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Rant over.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2013, 12:41 AM
The only good thing I missed the game due to work Thank God....lol I think Babe summed it up well though.........Plus the Pirates lost tonight.....so a really sorry night for me....lol

FlatsSteeler
06-04-2013, 06:32 AM
Talking to myself. Here are my thoughts from game 2:

First and foremost, anyone seen Crosby or Malkin lately? Our two players that are supposed to be the momentum catchers for us right now. Our only sliver of momentum that we've had throughout game one or two was due to Brandon Sutter. SUTTER! Bylsma is playing Iginla out of position as to not upset Crosby...so Crosby, what are you doing right now? You've been more trouble than you're worth these last two games. Stop turning over the puck at center ice. Like stop.

STOP WITH BLIND PASSES. WHEN OUT OF THE ONE MILLION TIMES THAT YOU'VE DONE IT HAS IT WORKED. Goes for everyone on the team. Results in a turnover. Every time. Just stop. Stop it now or I'm going to lose my mind.

Feel bad for both Koun and Fleury. Koun has worked wonders for us the past 2 rounds and it's a shame that he collapses because his defense is doing nothing to help him. My heart also goes out to Fleury. Been with the Penguins for some 10 years and has been one of my favorite players to date. Maybe something with the baby is affecting his play but it's sad that he'll have this "choke" label even after he retires unless he somehow pulls this one out (if he gets the start).

Lastly, Bylsma had better hope to God that the Pens win this series or it'll be his head. This is the second year in a row that the Pens were favorites to win the cup all season just to completely fold over in the playoffs. 4 playoff appearances I believe it'll be with nothing close to a second cup. Thanks for '09 Bylsma but you have just completely **** the bed in the last 4 seasons. Most talent on a single time in the league by far and we can't even get to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Rant over.

X2..................

scudmissile29
06-04-2013, 07:24 AM
lol penguins overrated as always.

can't believe I though the Pens would win 4-2.

Put Fleury back in goal for the final two games, lets see if something happens.

steelersbabex25
06-04-2013, 09:47 AM
lol penguins overrated as always.

can't believe I though the Pens would win 4-2.

Put Fleury back in goal for the final two games, lets see if something happens.

Not overrated. Under coached.

FlatsSteeler
06-04-2013, 09:55 AM

Exactly.......It seems Blysma is letting the Team(Crosby) dictate play........and as usual Crosby and Malkin don't show up......Crosby quit game one in the 1st period when he got his lip bloodied........sad performance to say the least........

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Say what you want to say about the goalies but Sid and Geno have yet to show up. Malkin is a lazy bum if you ask me, Sid is spending too much time crying to the refs, STFU and play hockey boys!!

Dan always finds ways to get out coached I'm getting used to it, no way in this world TK isn't on the ice for me..

steelersbabex25
06-04-2013, 11:37 AM
And is it just me or are Crosby and Malkin taking an abundance.of.penalties in these playoffs so far

FlatsSteeler
06-04-2013, 11:44 AM
I wish they would have kept Staal and got rid of Malkin........As Many have said Malkin is lazy......for that matter I also agree Crosby is a Whiner........

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 11:52 AM
And is it just me or are Crosby and Malkin taking an abundance.of.penalties in these playoffs so far

Sid is frustrated and is past the boiling point, BUT him wearing the C on his chest has got to be a better leader. Stay out of the box and quit trying to do too much, play the game...

scudmissile29
06-04-2013, 12:29 PM

yes true byslma is like tomlin and doesn't do adjustments...

but the steam still have some part in their poor play. not everything is on the coach although he is **** and a ********.

if he didn't win in 09... he would have been gone after the bouncing to the canadians a few years back

steelersbabex25
06-04-2013, 01:11 PM
yes true byslma is like tomlin and doesn't do adjustments...

but the steam still have some part in their poor play. not everything is on the coach although he is **** and a ********.

if he didn't win in 09... he would have been gone after the bouncing to the canadians a few years back

Bylsma is different than Tomlin. Bylsma makes adjustments around one person: Crosby. Because if he doesn't Crosby will get upset and nobody wants an upset Crosby evidently. We have one of the best players in the league playing out of position because of him.

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure it's time to count the Pens out people... I honestly think they can crack Rask and once they do get a couple sloppy goals it could open the floodgate!

steelersbabex25
06-04-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure it's time to count the Pens out people... I honestly think they can crack Rask and once they do get a couple sloppy goals it could open the floodgate!

Not counting them out. In '09 they dropped the first 2 games to the Caps and came back to win it in 7. It's just that this is the sloppiest play I've seen from them in a real long time..definitely all season. Not a good time to start being terrible.

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Not counting them out. In '09 they dropped the first 2 games to the Caps and came back to win it in 7. It's just that this is the sloppiest play I've seen from them in a real long time..definitely all season. Not a good time to start being terrible.

Then improving should be easy :)

Not trying to stir the pot, but did you see the one power play where they were tripping over each other for the entire 2:00?? lol

FlatsSteeler
06-04-2013, 02:21 PM

Not trying to stir the pot, but did you see the one power play where they were tripping over each other for the entire 2:00?? lol
Actually it was so sorry I was laughing at them.......I agree about the comment Blysma adjusts around Crosby......Iggy out of position is a big mistake just to keep Crosby happy....

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Actually it was so sorry I was laughing at them.......I agree about the comment Blysma adjusts around Crosby......Iggy out of position is a big mistake just to keep Crosby happy....

I let out a great big F**K, I'm betting I was heard clean from Columbus... lol

steelersbabex25
06-04-2013, 02:58 PM

You mean the entire game..

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 03:07 PM
You mean the entire game..

LOL, kinda but that PP was so awful! If I was a fan at that game I'd be asking for a refund!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2013, 03:08 PM
The Hawks were down 3-1 to the Wings so still time for the Pens to turn it around so no time to panic even though being down 0-2 sucks....I didn't see the game last night due to work so I really can't comment on that game and I'm just going by what everyone is saying about it.........

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 03:16 PM
The Hawks were down 3-1 to the Wings so still time for the Pens to turn it around so no time to panic even though being down 0-2 sucks....I didn't see the game last night due to work so I really can't comment on that game and I'm just going by what everyone is saying about it.........

You didn't miss much! lol

LatrobePA
06-04-2013, 03:55 PM
You guys and gals agree:

Possibilities of players who were scratched during Game 2 on Monday who could be in uniform for Game 3 include forwards Tyler Kennedy, Beau Bennett and Tanner Glass and defensemen Simon Despres and Mark Eaton.

FlatsSteeler
06-04-2013, 03:59 PM
the only one I dont agree with is Mark Eaton....he was really bad in game 1.....Kennedy is a workhorse he needs to play......

scudmissile29
06-04-2013, 05:17 PM

ya but we didn't get openly destroyed in the first two games + we went back to ours for 2 games and not theirs.

This is a repeat of the Flyers all over again.

steelersbabex25
06-04-2013, 07:18 PM
the only one I dont agree with is Mark Eaton....he was really bad in game 1.....Kennedy is a workhorse he needs to play......

Agreed. Eaton needs to stay out. He has been just beyond awful. Not too sure about Bennett, don't really care either way with him. Kennedy and Glass should be playing.

steelersbabex25
06-04-2013, 07:19 PM
ya but we didn't get openly destroyed in the first two games + we went back to ours for 2 games and not theirs.

This is a repeat of the Flyers all over again.

Which is why I said "this is the sloppiest play I've seen from them in a long time"

scudmissile29
06-04-2013, 07:42 PM
So, are we actually going to score in Boston ROFL

steelersbabex25
06-04-2013, 09:14 PM
So, are we actually going to score in Boston ROFL

We could. Hopefully these last two games were just flukes.

USMC607
06-05-2013, 02:44 AM
I thought i was in a twilight zone episode watching game 2. You would think this was a team full of scrubs that got lucky n made it to the ECF.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

USMC607
06-05-2013, 02:45 AM
It looked like the early 2000s all over again

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

BubbyBlister
06-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Pens win by 3 tonight and am thinking 5-2 Pens.

LatrobePA
06-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Flower = Overpaid block of Swiss cheese at this point, I don't like the decision one bit...

These ****ers better get offensive real quick! Get the first one tonight!

scudmissile29
06-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Flower = Overpaid block of Swiss cheese at this point, I don't like the decision one bit...

These ****ers better get offensive real quick! Get the first one tonight!

vokoun is starting

LatrobePA
06-05-2013, 03:42 PM
vokoun is starting

Yes.

LatrobePA
06-05-2013, 03:43 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=18283&navid=nhl:topheads

FlatsSteeler
06-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Oh Well..........The Fat Lady is Tuning Up..........Blysma will be selling cars Labriola Chevrolet the start of next season.......I am sure they will win in Boston friday night so that the Bruins can clinch it in Pittsburgh to add a little salt to the wound......

LatrobePA
06-06-2013, 08:53 AM
At this point I don't see them winning one game... Get the brooms out in Boston! This is like having Tom Brady beating us 3-4 times a season! I hate all NE state teams! ewww

steelersbabex25
06-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I got into an argument with my boyfriend's roommates a while back because I said that every championship winning team has a story and they all fought with me about it. Boston bombings. Boom. Story. The Bruins will win the Stanley Cup and the media will eat **** up about how the city rebounded..

LatrobePA
06-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I got into an argument with my boyfriend's roommates a while back because I said that every championship winning team has a story and they all fought with me about it. Boston bombings. Boom. Story. The Bruins will win the Stanley Cup and the media will eat **** up about how the city rebounded..

I feel the same way, I'm trying to still be sensitive while discussing but some of the no calls so far this series is giving proof to it. Cooke fn mugged and he's sent to the box too?? WTF?

steelersbabex25
06-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I feel the same way, I'm trying to still be sensitive while discussing but some of the no calls so far this series is giving proof to it. Cooke fn mugged and he's sent to the box too?? WTF?

I mean the media is already all over it. Every pregame show all they do is talk about how great it is for the city that Bruins are making it this far. It's unnecessary.

LatrobePA
06-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I mean the media is already all over it. Every pregame show all they do is talk about how great it is for the city that Bruins are making it this far. It's unnecessary.

I agree but I feared it would spill onto the ice...

scudmissile29
06-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I agree but I feared it would spill onto the ice...

lol, crosby says something like

"if you thought those checynians were bad, wait until the march of penguins come tearing up the ice"

scudmissile29
06-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Tonight's the night, get your brooms out.

LatrobePA
06-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Epic failure. No PP goals and only 2 goals in 4 games. Time to clean house, we traded away our future for slow old men and it caught up to us in the third round.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-08-2013, 04:45 PM
The Pens stars didn't show up and only two goals scored in the series is really pathetic..........

ChucktownSteeler
07-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Bump

ChucktownSteeler
08-01-2013, 08:51 PM
bump

cindyr
11-22-2013, 07:53 AM
What is the bump for?