PDA

View Full Version : RB what if...

Zachintosh66
05-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Ok seems like Bell is going to be the man and get the load. Most of us assume Batch will make the team based on his multiple skills and ability to play ST's as well. Which leaves LSH for 3rd down back and a Redman vs Dwyer battle for the probable last RB roster spot.

My question is... Would you rather have the Dwyer vs Redman winner or a cleared/healthy Beanie Wells (who would be making as close to a comparable amount of money as possible vs the other 2.)

So Redman vs Dwyer winner

or

Cleared/Healthy/Affordable Beanie Wells?

coldrolled
05-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Dwyer is 23 with no injuries..

Redman is a mauler 3rd down and short.

Bell should start.

They all stay...

The rest will battle for the spot. i bet the new draftee will win it or howling.

BubbyBlister
05-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Ok seems like Bell is going to be the man and get the load. Most of us assume Batch will make the team based on his multiple skills and ability to play ST's as well. Which leaves LSH for 3rd down back and a Redman vs Dwyer battle for the probable last RB roster spot.

My question is... Would you rather have the Dwyer vs Redman winner or a cleared/healthy Beanie Wells (who would be making as close to a comparable amount of money as possible vs the other 2.)

So Redman vs Dwyer winner

or

Cleared/Healthy/Affordable Beanie Wells? I like Beanie better then both but think we are good for at least the upcoming season. Also Redman is very effective as a short yardage back and servers a purpose. To me the odd man out is Dwyer and think Pitt see's it that way and why they tried to trade him.

SnakeEyes43
05-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I think it'll be Bell, Dwyer, and Redman.

I like Batch, but I have a feeling Tomlin will stick with Dwyer and Redman.

tgunn86
05-16-2013, 10:52 PM
All three of them are gonna be great keeps for the team because of their diverse skill sets. Not to mention they all have the ability to run over some guys but still take off enough to make big plays. KEEP THEM ALL!

Crash
05-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Dwyer in shape is a beast.

BubbyBlister
05-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Dwyer in shape is a beast.Lol Dwyer and Beast in the same short sentence don't go together.

BubbyBlister
05-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Good Ole Crash!

Crash
05-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Go 3 wide base, get Dwyer in shape, and he's the best RB on the roster.

1200 easy.

coldrolled
05-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Lol Dwyer and Beast in the same short sentence don't go together.

Dwyer was a beast in college... and will be with us.. If Bell gets hurt say week 4... Who is the starting RB?? Dwyer...
There is noone else. We need both..

Real Deal Steel
05-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Dwyer is a guy who did run well when the line was performing last year. And when the line did do it's job, he ran for over 100 yards I believe. Dwyer needs to come into the season in the best shape of his pro career in my opinion. If he does, and the line improves the way we hope, both Bell and Dwyer will be beast.

Big T
05-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Dwyer was a beast in college... and will be with us.. If Bell gets hurt say week 4... Who is the starting RB?? Dwyer...
There is noone else. We need both..

Limas Sweed was a beast in college too so that means literally nothing. I loved the Dwyer pick when it happened but he's been in the league 3 years already and has yet to prove he can be in shape. Not sure why everyone thinks this year will be different. I'm hoping he shows up to camp in similar shape he was in at GT, but I've been hoping that for 3 years so I'm not betting on it.

K Train
05-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Dwyer is a guy who did run well when the line was performing last year. And when the line did do it's job, he ran for over 100 yards I believe. Dwyer needs to come into the season in the best shape of his pro career in my opinion. If he does, and the line improves the way we hope, both Bell and Dwyer will be beast.

it would be nice to have a back that could do well when the line isnt performing its best once in a while...thats why dwyer and redman are just guys back there, they have very little impact on the outcome of the game, you could find a guy on the street to put up that caliber of production, and by that caliber of production i mean ****** production

Black@Gold Forever32
05-17-2013, 01:48 PM
I think Big T and Ktrain summed it up pretty well with Dwyer.....I don't why some fans think we have the 2nd coming of The Bus with Dwyer......He is nothing more then a role player and will never a full 16 game starting RB...Its clear the Steelers don't see much upside with Dwyer anymore since they drafted Bell.......

coldrolled
05-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah, i think Wallace and Dwyer had like 700 ****** yards each last year..

And who were the other guys with more ****** yards than them last year??

Big T
05-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah, i think Wallace and Dwyer had like 700 ****** yards each last year..

And who were the other guys with more ****** yards than them last year??

Not sure where the Wallace thing came from. Please try and tell us that Mike Wallace an Dwyer are comparable players. There is nothing comparable about them. Mike Wallace produced from day 1 and has had statistically one of the greatest starts to a career a WR has ever had.

Jonathan Dwyer is a guy who was slated as a potential first rounder who dropped because he had issues with his weight. 3 years later it's still an issue. It wouldn't be such an issue if he was a guy that had produced and proven to be a playmaker who's had injuries affect his weight (Woodley)... But Dwyer has done nothing in his career to show he's a "monster" outside of at the buffet line.

That Wallace-Dwyer comparison has got to be one of the strangest comparison I've seen on here. Just because he was the least ****** out of himself, Redman, and an injured Mendenhall doesn't mean he's not ******.

Real Deal Steel
05-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Well, were about to see. Granted Dwyer could have been in better shape. Sometimes competition is what you need to have to do better. I said that to say that maybe the drafting of Bell will push Dwyer to be in his best shape yet. We'll see. I think Dwyer is a better running back then he showed last year. But all bets are off if the O-line injuries decimate this team again.

Goodfrom55
05-17-2013, 05:29 PM
As long as our RB can consistently leave the offense with 3rd and less than 3 or better, Steelers will be in good shape. We don't need a 2000 yard rusher; just need someone to scare the defense enough to respect the run to open up the passing game and slow down the pass rush.

Was very high on Bell prior to the draft and I hope he turns out to be a joy to watch on Sundays.

K Train
05-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Like you said we dont need a 2000 yard rusher, but having one that can crack 1200-1400 would be really nice. Getting that production out of your two top RBs is abysmal. Dwyer doesnt suck, but again...hes just a guy back there. A guy id rather have on the team than redman, but those two complimenting each other is painfully average or less at its finest (or worst?) lol

coldrolled
05-17-2013, 09:25 PM
That Wallace-Dwyer comparison has got to be one of the strangest comparison I've seen on here. .

****** Yards for the year for these guys... Just a fact.. Dwyers ****** yards?????
Heath Miller 816

Antonio Brown 787

Mike Wallace 836

Emmanuel Sanders 626

Dwyers 729

ChucktownSteeler
05-18-2013, 10:01 AM
The 3 B's:

Bell, Beanie, and Batch.

coldrolled
05-18-2013, 11:11 AM
The 3 B's:

Bell, Beanie, and Batch.

Are you a browns fan??

ChucktownSteeler
05-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Are you a browns fan??

What does that mean? You want Dwyer and Redman over Bell, Beanie, and Batch??

coldrolled
05-18-2013, 05:11 PM
What does that mean? You want Dwyer and Redman over Bell, Beanie, and Batch??

Bell - Dwyer - Redman - W.Johnson Lineup for 2013

Whos is Beanie... another knee problem we have not signed?
Howling is signed wheres he fit.. Curtis is here... Batch looks a bit limited.... plus had his acl already.