PDA

View Full Version : max starks visiting steelers branch at AZ

acero
05-14-2013, 01:14 PM
do the cardinals have a scouting department?

i truly believe max has talent and is well capable but az is funny

TarlsQtr
05-14-2013, 01:21 PM
do the cardinals have a scouting department?

i truly believe max has talent and is well capable but az is funny

I wish we had him back. He has always been underrated.

Real Deal Steel
05-14-2013, 01:40 PM
We all saw this coming. They haven't learned that our cast offs just don't work for them. LOL

K Train
05-14-2013, 01:48 PM
He has not always been overrated, he used to be bad, and then he was way overpaid...lately hes been playing some good football though, i think hes been once again living at the steelers training facility, but if he goes to AZ that must mean the steelers have told him there wont be a spot for him this season and he really would give them every opportunity to sign him before looking elsewhere

Black@Gold Forever32
05-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Starks wants to start and I don't blame him....Its clear the Steelers want to see what they have in their young OTs and really that is the right move for the Steelers.......The Steelers have invested high picks to the OL since 2010 and its times to roll with these young guys even if they suffer some growing pains along the way.......

Zachintosh66
05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah, withhim visiting around sounds like the Steelers are ready to move on with the youth movement.

Straks played well last year too, kinda bitter sweet to see him go. But doesnt fit the ZBS...

LatrobePA
05-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Maxie "pad" Starks, plug him in he'll stop the bleeding! Time to move from the gentle giant and insert some nasty!

Goodfrom55
05-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Cards O-line is the worst in the NFL. Starks can only help - if he signs I wish him the best. He was always a class act in Pittsburgh despite being the Rodney Dangerfield of the Steelers.

Real Deal Steel
05-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Starks wants to start and I don't blame him....Its clear the Steelers want to see what they have in their young OTs and really that is the right move for the Steelers.......The Steelers have invested high picks to the OL since 2010 and its times to roll with these young guys even if they suffer some growing pains along the way.......

This.

K Train
05-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Cards O-line is the worst in the NFL. Starks can only help - if he signs I wish him the best. He was always a class act in Pittsburgh despite being the Rodney Dangerfield of the Steelers.

If they add starks they will have starks, cooper, levi brown, and bobbie massie....that could be pretty solid

LevonKirkland99
05-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Maxie "pad" Starks, plug him in he'll stop the bleeding! Time to move from the gentle giant and insert some nasty!

Who s nasty on the OL? They seem average at best...

K Train
05-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Who s nasty on the OL? They seem average at best...

as far as nastiness? both the pounceys are aggressive, angry dudes on the field. Adams is a 6-7 wrecking ball when he gets a full head of steam, last year he was run blocking to kill people

guys like colon and flozell just hated everyone to hate them, but its not like this group is a bunch of softies

greg1964
05-16-2013, 12:18 PM
if the Steelers are going to the ZBS: Mad Max dosen't fix. But he will be missed:

jpele
05-28-2013, 06:17 PM
if the Steelers are going to the ZBS: Mad Max dosen't fix. But he will be missed:

Poor Ben now has to depend on Gilbert to protect his blind side. The problen here is, Gilbert can't protect himself from injury and when he is on the field he's busy hurting his fellow linemen.

Adams will eventually movs to LT but he's far from ready to make that move. The last thing I want is for the Steelers to move Adams before I get to see how he and DeCastro work together.

So yes Max will be missed, here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
05-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Funny how people just won't let the injury thing go. It be different if Gilbert were hurt every year he was here. But because he had that fluke injury to Decastro and then his own, now he wears a permanent label of "injury prone"??? I just don't get it.

ChucktownSteeler
05-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Didn't Max sign with the Chargers?

Big T
05-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Poor Ben now has to depend on Gilbert to protect his blind side. The problen here is, Gilbert can't protect himself from injury and when he is on the field he's busy hurting his fellow linemen.

Adams will eventually movs to LT but he's far from ready to make that move. The last thing I want is for the Steelers to move Adams before I get to see how he and DeCastro work together.

So yes Max will be missed, here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/20/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-offensive-tackles/

Goodfrom55
05-28-2013, 11:02 PM
The best protection Ben will have is a solid running game. That alone, will slow down theh pass rush and minimize the amount of hits Ben takes.

jpele
05-28-2013, 11:45 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/20/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-offensive-tackles/

Stats how impressive, lets try some fact.

Starks missed half of training camp and still beat Gilbert for the starting LT position. Gilbert injured his ankle in week 6 and missed the rest of the season.

My only guess is your stats are from 2 years ago and from the RT position.

Big T
05-29-2013, 02:17 AM
Stats how impressive, lets try some fact.

Starks missed half of training camp and still beat Gilbert for the starting LT position. Gilbert injured his ankle in week 6 and missed the rest of the season.

My only guess is your stats are from 2 years ago and from the RT position.

Incorrect. The plan was Adams at LT, Gilbert at RT. Adams struggled early in the preseason and then injured his knee, insert Starks into starting lineup.

Yes they are from 2011... but the fact remains that as a rookie, thrust into a starting job because the incumbent had gotten injured, learning a completely knew system, and he graded out as the 13th best pass protecting tackle in the NFL. He got injured in 2012... Now he's healthy and in a system he's more familiar/comfortable with (he was in a zone blocking scheme a Florida).

Real Deal Steel
05-29-2013, 05:30 AM
We will be more then fine on the O-line as long as we don't have the crazy "wipe out the whole line" injuries that we've had the last three years.