PDA

View Full Version : Watching 2004 game vs. Giants

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Some interesting things I noticed.

1.) Ben was already Ben. And the rookie version was pretty much the version we see today. One assumes that the rookie version of a QB would be much different than the 8-year veteran version, but, he's really not that different than he was as a rookie. He threw too pics and the Giants should have picked 2 more off, but dropped them. He was careless with the ball, just like he was last season, where his two careless pics cost us the games we needed to make the play offs, vs. Cinci and Dallas. He made several very poor decisions in throwing the ball, so much so, that they nearly lost that game to a much inferior Giants' team. Oh, but there was one difference in Ben: His arm appeared stronger than the arm he has today. Much more zip on the ball.

2.) That team was deeper and better than the team we have today. Perhaps an understatement and stating the obvious, but on both sides of the ball, that team was just faster, stronger and better than what we saw last season. The 2004 Steelers flashed across the screen. At first I thought it was the 2012 Steeler-Giants game, but as soon as I saw Polamalu flash across the screen, I knew it had to be the 2004 game. I haven't seen Troy move like that in years. (So why are they paying him $10 million this year?) And that team could run the ball; Bettis was still effective in 2004. The O line was making holes. Duce was on the sideline - per usual. (Worst free agent signing ever and I knew it at the time.) Even Haynes was rushing buck wild.

3.) That team was better coached then what we saw last year. I really hated Cowher towards the end of his stay in Pgh, but I have to hand it to him: That team had a focus and effort that I just never saw last year. We may have been a bit hasty in considering Tomlin as good or better than Cowher. The lack luster effort we saw last year was pathetic. Would a Cowher team performed with such little effort, (other than his lame duck year, where the players and Cowher knew would be his last.) There was a crispness and enthusiasm that I didn't see last season.

The 2004 team went 15-1. Watching that game, I can easily see how. The 2004 version of Ward, Bettis, Farrior, Porter, Polamalu, Hoke, Faneca, Hartings, Randel El, et al was a solid group of players. Other than Ben keeping them in by playing like he was QB on a frat team in an intramural game with a keg on the sidelines - keeping NY in the game - that team was impressive. Of course, they got toasted in the play offs by Brady and the Pats again, but the following year, they finally sealed the deal, thanks to that defense and rushing game.

Crash
05-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... .............................

The 2004 version of Ward, Bettis, Farrior, Porter, Polamalu, Hoke, Faneca, Hartings, Randel El, et al was a solid group of players.

That were on a streak of 7 wins and 11 losses.

Until week 3 of the 2004 season.

And then it all changed.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Yea Ben hasn't grown as a QB at all since 2004 (eyes rolling).........Its obvious you hate Ben and that is ok but stop with the ridiculous posts about Ben playing like a QB on a frat team in an intramural game.......Another thing yea Ben sucked in Super Bowl XL against the Seahawks but his play in three play-off games before the Super Bowl were key in the Steelers reaching the Super Bowl......

So tired of hearing about last year......Yes Ben threw a came costing INT in the Dallas game but really he shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place....Steelers were winning 24-17 and were getting the ball back but Brown coughed up the ball on his punt return....Ben was also damn good in that Dallas game and really his last throw was his worst throw of the game......

You're right about the Bengals game and there is noway anybody can defend Ben there since he flatout stunk up the joint but that happens......All QBs have bad games......

I'm critical of Tomlin also but I guess your forgot about the 1998-2000 seasons under Cowher?......Not to mention 2-4 in AFC title games (5 played in Pittsburgh)..........I was a fan overall of Bill Cowher but it was time for Cowher to go and he also wasn't flawless as a coach......

BubbyBlister
05-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Some interesting things I noticed.

1.) Ben was already Ben. And the rookie version was pretty much the version we see today. One assumes that the rookie version of a QB would be much different than the 8-year veteran version, but, he's really not that different than he was as a rookie. He threw too pics and the Giants should have picked 2 more off, but dropped them. He was careless with the ball, just like he was last season, where his two careless pics cost us the games we needed to make the play offs, vs. Cinci and Dallas. He made several very poor decisions in throwing the ball, so much so, that they nearly lost that game to a much inferior Giants' team. Oh, but there was one difference in Ben: His arm appeared stronger than the arm he has today. Much more zip on the ball.

2.) That team was deeper and better than the team we have today. Perhaps an understatement and stating the obvious, but on both sides of the ball, that team was just faster, stronger and better than what we saw last season. The 2004 Steelers flashed across the screen. At first I thought it was the 2012 Steeler-Giants game, but as soon as I saw Polamalu flash across the screen, I knew it had to be the 2004 game. I haven't seen Troy move like that in years. (So why are they paying him $10 million this year?) And that team could run the ball; Bettis was still effective in 2004. The O line was making holes. Duce was on the sideline - per usual. (Worst free agent signing ever and I knew it at the time.) Even Haynes was rushing buck wild.

3.) That team was better coached then what we saw last year. I really hated Cowher towards the end of his stay in Pgh, but I have to hand it to him: That team had a focus and effort that I just never saw last year. We may have been a bit hasty in considering Tomlin as good or better than Cowher. The lack luster effort we saw last year was pathetic. Would a Cowher team performed with such little effort, (other than his lame duck year, where the players and Cowher knew would be his last.) There was a crispness and enthusiasm that I didn't see last season.

The 2004 team went 15-1. Watching that game, I can easily see how. The 2004 version of Ward, Bettis, Farrior, Porter, Polamalu, Hoke, Faneca, Hartings, Randel El, et al was a solid group of players. Other than Ben keeping them in by playing like he was QB on a frat team in an intramural game with a keg on the sidelines - keeping NY in the game - that team was impressive. Of course, they got toasted in the play offs by Brady and the Pats again, but the following year, they finally sealed the deal, thanks to that defense and rushing game. You do realize it's springtime ? Go out and get some fresh air and also there is live TV on today with things such as the Kentucky Derby. I'll play along though and the 2004 team was dominant but Cowher got out coached in the playoff game against the Pats.

Crash
05-04-2013, 04:02 PM
When Cowher ran the ball twice down 14 and then kicked a 20 yard FG against the Pats to go down 31-20 that game was over.

Once again, trying to appease the Bus, and it cost his team.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Yea Ben hasn't grown as a QB at all since 2004 (eyes rolling).........

What evidence can you cite that proves Ben has developed and is better than he was when he was younger? He won Super Bowls in 2005 and 2008, when he was younger. What has he done since? How has he developed into being a better player than when he was younger? I don't see it. He had the play offs on a silver platter last year, just had to win one game vs. Cinci or Dallas, had the ball late in the game and could have produced the go ahead score. Both times, he through horrible passes that got picked off and they lost and had no play offs. How is that Ben better than the 2004-2008 version?

Its obvious you hate Ben and that is ok but stop with the ridiculous posts about Ben playing like a QB on a frat team in an intramural game.......

I have played for a frat team in intramural college sports with a keg on the sideline. That is what the QB play looks like: Loosey goosey, just wing it, don't worry about stupid throws. Actually, the QBs playing in frat intramural teams take their games more serious than Ben does. They don't make so many bonehead passes.

Another thing yea Ben sucked in Super Bowl XL against the Seahawks but his play in three play-off games before the Super Bowl were key in the Steelers reaching the Super Bowl......

He played well vs. Cinci, Indy and Denver. But he had the worst QB play for any QB who EVER won the Super Bowl in the history of all Super Bowls.

So tired of hearing about last year......Yes Ben threw a came costing INT in the Dallas game but really he shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place....Steelers were winning 24-17 and were getting the ball back but Brown coughed up the ball on his punt return....Ben was also damn good in that Dallas game and really his last throw was his worst throw of the game......

As Jim Rome says, all that matters is SCOREBOARD. And Ben's bonehead play cost them the game, period.

You're right about the Bengals game and there is noway anybody can defend Ben there since he flatout stunk up the joint but that happens......All QBs have bad games......

True. But Ben is a $100 million QB because he is supposed to be clutch and win in big games when it matters most. That Ben didn't exist last year, bottom line.

I'm critical of Tomlin also but I guess your forgot about the 1998-2000 seasons under Cowher?......Not to mention 2-4 in AFC title games (5 played in Pittsburgh)..........I was a fan overall of Bill Cowher but it was time for Cowher to go and he also wasn't flawless as a coach......

The 1998-2000 seasons were Kordell Stewart years, which Cowher is to be blamed for (he stubbornly stuck with him when the rest of the entire world knew KS sucked). But there is a reason that no other team chose to give KS a starting position, even after they invested heavily in him (Bears). KS career was over as soon as other teams saw what his flaws were. He had a $1,000,000 athletic skill set and a 2 cent brain. I was very sick of BC and wanted him gone. I like Tomlin a lot when he came in. But the lack of discipline and effort I saw last year has given me pause.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 04:10 PM
When Cowher ran the ball twice down 14 and then kicked a 20 yard FG against the Pats to go down 31-20 that game was over.

Once again, trying to appease the Bus, and it cost his team.

Actually, it was over a long time before that. Cowher was out-coached all day long. He was hopeless against coaches who could think.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 04:11 PM
You do realize it's springtime ? Go out and get some fresh air and also there is live TV on today with things such as the Kentucky Derby. I'll play along though and the 2004 team was dominant but Cowher got out coached in the playoff game against the Pats.

It's raining here or I'd be at the beach or pool.

BubbyBlister
05-04-2013, 04:12 PM

Once again, trying to appease the Bus, and it cost his team. Agree with that and that's why he got out coached. Cowher was stubborn and refuse to change his game plan even when the Pats had a big lead on them.

BubbyBlister
05-04-2013, 04:13 PM
It's raining here or I'd be at the beach or pool. Ah raining at the Derby too today. Not bad here though.

Crash
05-04-2013, 04:20 PM
He played well vs. Cinci, Indy and Denver. But he had the worst QB play for any QB who EVER won the Super Bowl in the history of all Super Bowls.

And before that game so did a guy named Elway.

I guess he sucks too.

What has he done since? How has he developed into being a better player than when he was younger? I don't see it.

His interceptions are WAY down. Four of his first 5 seasons his INT percentage was 3.2 or higher.

Seasons 6-9 his INT percentages are

For a guy who threw as vertical as much as he does/did? That's an outstanding ratio.

Speeed
05-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Have you seen his stats? Top 5 in most. He was on a crazy streak of 175 or so throws without a pick recently. Yeah, loosey-goosey or whatever adjective you used. And what point are you trying to make? I don't understand. If you don't like the Steelers, don't follow them.

You confuse me son.

Yea Ben hasn't grown as a QB at all since 2004 (eyes rolling).........

What evidence can you cite that proves Ben has developed and is better than he was when he was younger? He won Super Bowls in 2005 and 2008, when he was younger. What has he done since? How has he developed into being a better player than when he was younger? I don't see it. He had the play offs on a silver platter last year, just had to win one game vs. Cinci or Dallas, had the ball late in the game and could have produced the go ahead score. Both times, he through horrible passes that got picked off and they lost and had no play offs. How is that Ben better than the 2004-2008 version?

I have played for a frat team in intramural college sports with a keg on the sideline. That is what the QB play looks like: Loosey goosey, just wing it, don't worry about stupid throws. Actually, the QBs playing in frat intramural teams take their games more serious than Ben does. They don't make so many bonehead passes.

As Jim Rome says, all that matters is SCOREBOARD. And Ben's bonehead play cost them the game, period.

True. But Ben is a $100 million QB because he is supposed to be clutch and win in big games when it matters most. That Ben didn't exist last year, bottom line.

The 1998-2000 seasons were Kordell Stewart years, which Cowher is to be blamed for (he stubbornly stuck with him when the rest of the entire world knew KS sucked). But there is a reason that no other team chose to give KS a starting position, even after they invested heavily in him (Bears). KS career was over as soon as other teams saw what his flaws were. He had a $1,000,000 athletic skill set and a 2 cent brain. I was very sick of BC and wanted him gone. I like Tomlin a lot when he came in. But the lack of discipline and effort I saw last year has given me pause.

scudmissile29
05-04-2013, 05:52 PM
why cant ice cream just ****ing melt in the sun... go to ****ing vegas or something

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 07:28 PM
And before that game so did a guy named Elway.

I guess he sucks too.

Ben hold the record for the worst rating of a WINNING QB, Elway lost when he tossed bad #s vs. the Giants and Skins.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 07:35 PM
why cant ice cream just ****ing melt in the sun... go to ****ing vegas or something

I already live in a beach town in FL.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Have you seen his stats? Top 5 in most. He was on a crazy streak of 175 or so throws without a pick recently. Yeah, loosey-goosey or whatever adjective you used. And what point are you trying to make? I don't understand. If you don't like the Steelers, don't follow them.

You confuse me son.

I love the Steelers. That's why it pisses me off when Ben plays like he's on a frat intramural team with a keg on the sidelines. Don't you just love when he throws a game-losing, season-ending pick and laughs about it? What's he care? He's got a cold one on the sidelines with some coed honeys.

Crash
05-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Ben hold the record for the worst rating of a WINNING QB

As did Elway when they beat the Packers.

Learn the game son.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 08:22 PM
As did Elway when they beat the Packers.

Learn the game son.

Well, I need someone sane to teach me; not the dude who applies pure double standards to his football opinions every day, like a mental patient in need of stronger meds. Elway is considered GREAT by any measurement. When the commentators speak of Elway, they ALL mention him as one of the greatest ever. Ben? Not so much. Not even in the discussion. When the analysts speak of the best QBs RIGHT NOW, Ben is rarely mentioned. They mention Peyton Manning, Brady, Rogers and Brees. Elway is always mentioned in the ALL TIME GREATEST EVER, Ben not even mentioned in TODAY's best QBs. See the difference? Are you on your meds today?

Ben isn't even on par with a Tom Brady. People picture Ben as a guy with fat women on a pontoon boat made with a trailer home on inter-tubes. They picture Tom Brady as a James Bond type on a cigarette boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4tnmwJ_CzY

Now let's see what people consider Ben's boat of choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1eZHcK8Hrc

Dean Denton
05-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Not sure what any of this had to do with the game in 2004. Stupid.....

BubbyBlister
05-05-2013, 04:18 AM
Not sure what any of this had to do with the game in 2004. Stupid..... I don't get it either and when it comes down to everything it's still just a game. Great we got six SB's and root for the best team ever but still just a game.

Speeed
05-05-2013, 10:20 AM
I refer you again to his stats. He recently had a 175 passing streak without an interception. That is incredible. I don't get the perception people have of him - the man can throw the football. His pocket completion pass is tops, as his play making ability. Who else can extend a play like him? That is the guy I want playing for the Steelers. Quarterbacks make hundreds and hundreds of throws. Some get intercepted. And some are interceptions that end up costing a game. Brady has thrown them, Rogers has thrown them, and guess what, Roethlisberger has thrown them. It is part of football.

The Steelers have three recent SB appearances. Two wins (could have have 3!). How many QB's can say that? My reasoning is Ben was a big part of that that. Fans just focus in on QB's because they are involved in every play and as a result their success and failures are amplified. Fans seem to like to attribute the success or failure of a team entirely to a QB for some reason.

Ben has been part of a team that hs been successful over the last 7 years. An important part. For every interception he throws, he makes three times as many great plays. He is simply one of the best QB's in NFL history. To call him a sandlot QB is ignorant. He is a play maker and extender. That comes with risk. With risk comes reward. If you don't take risks, you don't come up with a play when you need it.

Who else would you rather have at QB? I feel if not for the contributions of BR the Steelers would not have been successful as they have been in recent years. Again, I refer you to his stats. They are of HOF caliber.

I love the Steelers. That's why it pisses me off when Ben plays like he's on a frat intramural team with a keg on the sidelines. Don't you just love when he throws a game-losing, season-ending pick and laughs about it? What's he care? He's got a cold one on the sidelines with some coed honeys.

steelhurtin86
05-05-2013, 11:42 AM
ICE CREAM GLOVE

Man I've got to agree with whoever it was that asked you to retire your "Big Ben intramural frat team QB... keg on the sideline" analogy. You stated that you participated in such events yourself and obviously this is one of your fonder memories because, granted I am a newer viewer and contributer to this awesome forum we have here, out of the ten or so threads I've read today any one that discussed Ben or even secondhandedly mentioned him you managed to cram that bit of commentary in there essentially word for word. I'm just saying I think its safe to assume we get the point man, however humorous and completely off base it may be seen as to some, myself included.

Now that weve got that out of the way, I agree Bens style is still similar to how he played when he came into the league. However my opinion of this style sees it as having a much lower blood alcohol level than your view as well as delivering much more savory results. Coming out of college Ben was not viewed as a prospect needing to greatly alter and refine his skillset, I.e. a Tim Tebow. If I recall correctly the main knock on him was the fact he came from a smaller school and hadnt faced elite competition. Not a big enough concern though to stop the steelers from takin him in the top half of round one. A choice that has so far added 3 trips to the big dance, two of which they were the belle of the ball, or more appropriately the bowl.

So in closing the old saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it" best explains why Bens style hasnt changed much since the days he likely was playin flag football with a keg on the sideline, during which time id be willing to bet he added a few intramural championships.

ice cream glove
05-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Are we talking about the same guy here? I think this board has collective amnesia. We are talking about a QB who lost 3 straight to end the Steelers' play off hopes, losing to SD, Dallas and Cinci, where he produced a whopping 58 QB rating. With the season on the line, Ben lays a total turd; he was horrid. Oh, and after he threw his final pick to end the play off hopes? He laughed about it. He takes winning less seriously than most of us fans. He has an attitude like he is playing for his frat in an intramural game with a keg on the sidelines.

"Oops, I threw another game-losing interception. What, me worry? Hey I'm big Toms' son, I screw things up, but it's ok my dad will fix everything, so I'm allowed to be a moron. I think it's funny when I ruin the season by throwing a moronic pass. I will just laugh about it."

Black@Gold Forever32
05-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Are we talking about the same guy here? I think this board has collective amnesia. We are talking about a QB who lost 3 straight to end the Steelers' play off hopes, losing to SD, Dallas and Cinci, where he produced a whopping 58 QB rating. With the season on the line, Ben lays a total turd; he was horrid. Oh, and after he threw his final pick to end the play off hopes? He laughed about it. He takes winning less seriously than most of us fans. He has an attitude like he is playing for his frat in an intramural game with a keg on the sidelines.

"Oops, I threw another game-losing interception. What, me worry? Hey I'm big Toms' son, I screw things up, but it's ok my dad will fix everything, so I'm allowed to be a moron. I think it's funny when I ruin the season by throwing a moronic pass. I will just laugh about it."

So Ben was the only one that made mistakes in those losses to the Chargers and Cowboys?............I remember Brown just letting a Chargers defender pickup a lose ball in the endzone for a TD instead of kicking the ball out of bounds for just a safety....Huge play in that game and really the entire team was flat in that loss to the Chargers.....Was one of the most embarrassing effort wise by a Steelers fan since I have been a fan.......Cowboys game the Steelers winning 24-17 and getting the ball back but Brown fumbles the ball on his punt return......But it was all on Ben right?......The Bengals game was terrible and I can't defend that one but Ben isn't the only one to blame for the Steelers 8-8 season.......The entire team and I'm talking coaches to all the players are to blame.....

The defense gives up 30+ points to Carson Palmer and the freaking Raiders...lol Again another fumble by Antonio Brown was huge in that game that swung momentum.......I don't mind people being critical of Ben when its warranted but the only player that really showed up consistently last year and didn't make crucial mistakes was Heath Miller.......

ice cream glove
05-05-2013, 04:34 PM
So Ben was the only one that made mistakes in those losses to the Chargers and Cowboys?

We all know it's a team game; of course he wasn't the only one. But when you throw a game-losing pick, with the play offs on the line, in the games final minutes, or OT, the QB has to shoulder most of the blame. That throw vs. Dallas to end the game was the most moronic pass I have witnessed. In the most crucial time, Ben decides to just wing it without thinking. Way to ruin the entire season, jack @ss.

............I remember Brown just letting a Chargers defender pickup a lose ball in the endzone for a TD instead of kicking the ball out of bounds for just a safety....

That was just awful. I blame horrid chemistry and attitudes for that. Wallace, Sanders and Brown all had sh-t attitudes all season long.

Huge play in that game and really the entire team was flat in that loss to the Chargers.....Was one of the most embarrassing effort wise by a Steelers fan since I have been a fan.......

Yea? But the effort in losing to Cleveland was better? 8 turn overs?

Cowboys game the Steelers winning 24-17 and getting the ball back but Brown fumbles the ball on his punt return......But it was all on Ben right?......

Never said all. But he has the ball and could win the game. But what's he do? Throw the worst pass I have ever seen. Just awful. So reckless. So careless. He just doesn't give two f-cks. But hey, at least he thought the pick was funny. He has an attitude like he's playing for his frat in an intramural game with a keg on the sidelines.

The Bengals game was terrible and I can't defend that one but Ben isn't the only one to blame for the Steelers 8-8 season.......The entire team and I'm talking coaches to all the players are to blame.....

I agree. And much of it falls on Tomlin. He is in charge, and this team had sh-t for attitude and discipline. That falls on Tomlin, but also some on the team's "leader" who is supposedly Ben (But not really. He has no leadership qualities. A leader cares if they lose like Brady.)

The defense gives up 30+ points to Carson Palmer and the freaking Raiders...lol Again another fumble by Antonio Brown was huge in that game that swung momentum.......I don't mind people being critical of Ben when its warranted but the only player that really showed up consistently last year and didn't make crucial mistakes was Heath Miller.......

It's a team game; it's hardly ever one player's fault. But Ben, with the play offs on the line, threw game-losing picks, twice in OT or the final minutes. That is unacceptable. But, hey, at least he got some good laughs out of those interceptions.

Speeed
05-05-2013, 06:28 PM
There are a bunch of other QB's how have lost more opportunities to the SB than Ben. What do you expect, a SB game every year? Send the Steelers your resume. I am sure Ben's hootch swilling hootchie mama tail chasing persona would love to have a new coach.

I still don't understand the point of your argument here. What are you trying to argue? That Ben makes mistakes? Yeah, he is human. That you want a new QB? If so, who?

What is the ends to the means of your argument? Please clarify.

ice cream glove
05-05-2013, 07:02 PM
There are a bunch of other QB's how have lost more opportunities to the SB than Ben. What do you expect, a SB game every year? Send the Steelers your resume. I am sure Ben's hootch swilling hootchie mama tail chasing persona would love to have a new coach.

I still don't understand the point of your argument here. What are you trying to argue? That Ben makes mistakes? Yeah, he is human. That you want a new QB? If so, who?

What is the ends to the means of your argument? Please clarify.

OK. Here it is. Ben's careless, damaging "what me worry," self-titled "gun slinger" ways now hurt us more than help us. He has gone from "clutch" to "choke" and unless he takes it more seriously, that trend will continue. You have to be a little more careful or you end up losing games that keep you out of the play offs. The play offs were easily in reach, but Mr. "I don't give a sh-t" cost us the post season. But it's all good, because he laughs after throwing season-ending interceptions. Didn't you know those are funny?

Ben plays like it's an intramural game for his frat with a keg on the sidelines. You ever see that attitude from Brady, Manning, Rogers or Brees?

Speeed
05-05-2013, 07:20 PM
You repeat yourself. Please clarify the crux of your argument.

Rogers has how many SB wins? Manning has how many? Brees has how many? Brady has three, and he has attitude. I still don't get your argument. Why do you say he has an attitude? Please provide proof. Some quotes, or first hand evidence - regarding football, and not some example where he would not sign some 6 year old girl's shirt in a restaurant.

Take the good with the bad. Teams cannot go to the SB every year. Only two go. Ben is a top 5, even 3 dare I say, QB. Again, who would you rather have? I posed a few questions in this reply and my last you have yet to respond to. You keep repeating yourself! I get it - you think Ben is a drunk horny college frat boy who would rather stare at cheerleaders than lead an NFL to the Super Bowl. You have a long 5 or 6 years my friend, he will leading the charge for years to come.

I suggest you take a hiatus from the Steelers until then. You don't have to like him, but whay attack him? He has done more for this team than anyone since Bradshaw.

OK. Here it is. Ben's careless, damaging "what me worry," self-titled "gun slinger" ways now hurt us more than help us. He has gone from "clutch" to "choke" and unless he takes it more seriously, that trend will continue. You have to be a little more careful or you end up losing games that keep you out of the play offs. The play offs were easily in reach, but Mr. "I don't give a sh-t" cost us the post season. But it's all good, because he laughs after throwing season-ending interceptions. Didn't you know those are funny?

Ben plays like it's an intramural game for his frat with a keg on the sidelines. You ever see that attitude from Brady, Manning, Rogers or Brees?

Rocky#20
05-05-2013, 08:55 PM
It is true Ben had a low passer rating in Super Bowl XL, but John Madden voted him the game MVP because he made some crucial football plays to win the game.3rd and 30+ yards and he hits Ward at the one yd. line and then runs in for the TD. He made a crucial block on a Seahawk blitzer who had a clear shot on Randle-El on the clinching TD from El to Ward.We had a critical 3rd and about 6 late in the game and Ben bootlegged for a first down that virtually ran out the clock. Don't forget we never would have even been in the Super Bowl if he wouldn't have made the "immaculate tackle" on the Colt defender running for a TD. Ben might not be the greatest passer in the NFL, but he is a great football player who makes tough plays that Brady,Brees and Peyton wouldn't even attempt.

TarlsQtr
05-05-2013, 10:17 PM

Based on a false premise, that Ben "don't give a sh-t."

Someone who does not "give a sh-t" does not put his body on the line every season the way Ben does. He takes hits that no other QBs do, because they throw the ball away at the first sniff of a sack. Does he play up some injuries? Sure, but he also undoubtedly plays with a lot of pain. Brady would be pi$$ing and moaning constantly about playing behind that line.

And there is nothing wrong with being a gunslinger. Favre was and had a pretty good career. Favre had some brutal periods too, just like Ben did at the end of last season.

Crash
05-05-2013, 10:38 PM

Ben's won more rings than ALL of them since he entered the league.

ANYONE who tries to bash Ben, while at the same time defend a choad choking tea bagger like Peyton has no credibility IMO.

Peyton Manning had a sore thumb in the 2006-2007 AFC title game, he had to be talked out of QUITTING by Jeff Saturday.

Just the type of leader I'd want in my huddle.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Based on a false premise, that Ben "don't give a sh-t."

Someone who does not "give a sh-t" does not put his body on the line every season the way Ben does. He takes hits that no other QBs do, because they throw the ball away at the first sniff of a sack. Does he play up some injuries? Sure, but he also undoubtedly plays with a lot of pain. Brady would be pi$$ing and moaning constantly about playing behind that line.

And there is nothing wrong with being a gunslinger. Favre was and had a pretty good career. Favre had some brutal periods too, just like Ben did at the end of last season.

Thank You........

ice cream glove
05-06-2013, 12:34 AM

Rogers has how many SB wins? Manning has how many? Brees has how many? Brady has three, and he has attitude. I still don't get your argument. Why do you say he has an attitude? Please provide proof. Some quotes, or first hand evidence - regarding football, and not some example where he would not sign some 6 year old girl's shirt in a restaurant.

Take the good with the bad. Teams cannot go to the SB every year. Only two go. Ben is a top 5, even 3 dare I say, QB. Again, who would you rather have? I posed a few questions in this reply and my last you have yet to respond to. You keep repeating yourself! I get it - you think Ben is a drunk horny college frat boy who would rather stare at cheerleaders than lead an NFL to the Super Bowl. You have a long 5 or 6 years my friend, he will leading the charge for years to come.

I suggest you take a hiatus from the Steelers until then. You don't have to like him, but whay attack him? He has done more for this team than anyone since Bradshaw.

The crux? Ben better take the game more seriously or he has won his last ring, period. He didn't even know there was a locker room/chemistry problem last year, even though a plethora of others players made mention of it. But not Ben. He is oblivious. Everything is always cool, no matter how uncool it actually is. Hell, he laughs his @ss off when he throws game-/season-losing picks. I guess it's really funny to him.

Crash
05-06-2013, 12:56 AM
When did he laugh? Please enlighten us?

Fags like you deserve 25 more years of NOTHING when Ben retires.

Big T
05-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Never said all. But he has the ball and could win the game. But what's he do? Throw the worst pass I have ever seen. Just awful. So reckless. So careless. He just doesn't give two f-cks. But hey, at least he thought the pick was funny. He has an attitude like he's playing for his frat in an intramural game with a keg on the sidelines.

It's a team game; it's hardly ever one player's fault. But Ben, with the play offs on the line, threw game-losing picks, twice in OT or the final minutes. That is unacceptable. But, hey, at least he got some good laughs out of those interceptions.

Since you love YouTube videos so much, I thought I'd post one. Here's the broadcast we all saw... Please enlighten us all and show us where he is laughing after throwing the pick. 0:38-0:42 sure doesnt look like laughter to me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rF-PRJBo9rc

Speeed
05-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Sigh.....show me evidence of Ben "laughing his @ss off" after a pick. I don't want opinion, as opinion does not equal fact, and you are certainly entitled to yours - please provide evidence. I don't want a response with more opinion, I want tangible evidence to support your argument. If you are going to point fingers and accuse you need to provide solid evidence to support your argument. Otherwise nobody takes your arguments seriously.

Bludgeoning everyone with opinion is droll. Forums are for opinions, I get that, but man support your argument with things other than you opinion. Look, I am not saying your are wrong, I just want you to support your argument.

The crux? Ben better take the game more seriously or he has won his last ring, period. He didn't even know there was a locker room/chemistry problem last year, even though a plethora of others players made mention of it. But not Ben. He is oblivious. Everything is always cool, no matter how uncool it actually is. Hell, he laughs his @ss off when he throws game-/season-losing picks. I guess it's really funny to him.

coldrolled
05-06-2013, 08:59 AM
51 and 50 sure blitzed the QB alot back then.

DBR96A
05-06-2013, 09:17 AM
It's raining here or I'd be at the beach or pool.

Wait until there's lightning to go to the beach or pool, OK?

TarlsQtr
05-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Holy crap. Reality seems to have left this board.

On one side, you have a guy who believes Ben can do no wrong and denies the reams of evidence that Ben was a douche at least up to the second rape allegation.

On the other, you have one that says Ben is a "choker" and "laughs his *** off" after INTs and pretends that Ben does not care even though it is evident to any sane person that Ben is extremely competitive and cares about winning as much as anyone on the team.

It is like trying to referee a fight between two sh!t throwers at the local mental ward. Nothing gets solved, people get dumber just being around it, and everyone comes out of the room with sh!t on them.

Big T
05-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Holy crap. Reality seems to have left this board.

On one side, you have a guy who believes Ben can do no wrong and denies the reams of evidence that Ben was a douche at least up to the second rape allegation.

On the other, you have one that says Ben is a "choker" and "laughs his *** off" after INTs and pretends that Ben does not care even though it is evident to any sane person that Ben is extremely competitive and cares about winning as much as anyone on the team.

It is like trying to referee a fight between two sh!t throwers at the local mental ward. Nothing gets solved, people get dumber just being around it, and everyone comes out of the room with sh!t on them.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Crash
05-06-2013, 12:40 PM

What evidence? Rumors aren't evidence.

ice cream glove
05-06-2013, 03:23 PM
What evidence? Rumors aren't evidence.

I guess the obvious escapes you? You have zero common sense. You obviously have no connections to the people of Pgh.

ice cream glove
05-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Marino has zero SB wins. Is there a point in here some where?

ice cream glove
05-06-2013, 03:29 PM
When did he laugh? Please enlighten us?

Fags like you deserve 25 more years of NOTHING when Ben retires.

Your prose is so eloquent. Do you write for a living?

Crash
05-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I guess the obvious escapes you? You have zero common sense. You obviously have no connections to the people of Pgh.

I have more connections than you think. That's why this team is on the verge of a collapse if what I was told is anything close to being accurate.

You didn't even know about the Batch case. When it's common knowledge.

ice cream glove
05-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Before anyone whines of a new thread on this, I feel it deserves its own; the other thread where this was being discussed was on "Watching the 2004 Giants game" so it already went far off topic.

Here is the question: Since Ben holds onto the ball, waiting for someone to get open, and takes huge shots, then does he totally care about winning? On the most simple level, it would seem that he does. And I agree he wants to win, but my doubts are to what degree. If you 100% cared about winning, would you be willing to do whatever it takes to win, and not think and say things like "I only know one way to play" when you know taking unnecessary shots will lead to you missing games and that hurts the team. And the "only one way to play" also leads to awful interceptions that led to the team missing the play offs. So, at what level does he care? Not enough to make changes that would give the team a better chance to win.

I will give a real life example. I knew this guy who was all, super gung ho softball guy. (You know the type.) This guy would literally go head first through a fence, breaking boards and his face, to catch a ball heading for home run territory. So, he must "care" to win, big time, right? But, this same guy always swung for a home run, without exception - even in circumstances where a single would win the game for his team. But instead of just taking the single to give his team the win, he would swing for the fences, because, "He only knew one way to play." So, he wanted to win, but not to the extent that he would reel in his love for the long ball. He refused to adapt himself in the sake of winning. Same as Ben. Ben will take hits in the name of trying to make plays, but he refuses to become more prudent when the circumstances call for it. Against Cinci and Dallas, if he decided to play with a little more concern for ball security, we make the play offs. But no, he "only knows how to play one way" so we miss the play offs.

He treats the game like he is in a frat playing intramural ball with a keg and coed honies on the sidelines. Ben wants to win, as long as he can stay playing in a reckless fashion, and he refuses to change that for the sake of winning.

Crash
05-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... .......

He tried to change in 2012, and he suffered the biggest injury of his career.

8-8.

chisteeler
05-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Before anyone whines of a new thread on this, I feel it deserves its own; the other thread where this was being discussed was on "Watching the 2004 Giants game" so it already went far off topic.

Here is the question: Since Ben holds onto the ball, waiting for someone to get open, and takes huge shots, then does he totally care about winning? On the most simple level, it would seem that he does. And I agree he wants to win, but my doubts are to what degree. If you 100% cared about winning, would you be willing to do whatever it takes to win, and not think and say things like "I only know one way to play" when you know taking unnecessary shots will lead to you missing games and that hurts the team. And the "only one way to play" also leads to awful interceptions that led to the team missing the play offs. So, at what level does he care? Not enough to make changes that would give the team a better chance to win.

I will give a real life example. I knew this guy who was all, super gung ho softball guy. (You know the type.) This guy would literally go head first through a fence, breaking boards and his face, to catch a ball heading for home run territory. So, he must "care" to win, big time, right? But, this same guy always swung for a home run, without exception - even in circumstances where a single would win the game for his team. But instead of just taking the single to give his team the win, he would swing for the fences, because, "He only knew one way to play." So, he wanted to win, but not to the extent that he would reel in his love for the long ball. He refused to adapt himself in the sake of winning. Same as Ben. Ben will take hits in the name of trying to make plays, but he refuses to become more prudent when the circumstances call for it. Against Cinci and Dallas, if he decided to play with a little more concern for ball security, we make the play offs. But no, he "only knows how to play one way" so we miss the play offs.

He treats the game like he is in a frat playing intramural ball with a keg and coed honies on the sidelines. Ben wants to win, as long as he can stay playing in a reckless fashion, and he refuses to change that for the sake of winning.

Seriously dude, you have got to give this a rest. The "intramural QB with a keg line" is way overplayed. You are becoming so obsessed with trying to find someone to agree with you on your opinion of Ben. Look, we get it...please quit beating it into the ground.

connecticutsteel
05-06-2013, 04:51 PM
the fact is ben is a Hall of famer who had one of the greatest rookie seasons in the history of the league yes the team was good but they don't win 14 straight games with maddox to say ben doesn't care because he holds on too long is just wrong some of the greatest plays of his career have come because he doesn't throw out of bounds who do you recommend brady the cheat

Crash
05-06-2013, 04:54 PM
THIS is how you hold onto the ball too long. Btw, this was Terry's 13th SEASON.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSu0PcTpj84

Speeed
05-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I think you argue just to argue. I still don't know what point you are trying to make after quite a few replies. I asked multiple times to make your argument and provide proof of whatever it is you are arguing over. You do come across as childish and rude. Oh well. I guess I am done replying to this particular thread as at this point I will just be trading replies with you over nothing.

Marino has zero SB wins. Is there a point in here some where?

ice cream glove
05-06-2013, 06:15 PM
I have more connections than you think. That's why this team is on the verge of a collapse if what I was told is anything close to being accurate.

You didn't even know about the Batch case. When it's common knowledge.

You mean, the Batch case that happened 13 years ago, when he played for another team, all the way across the country? That case? Gee whiz, I can't believe I wasn't up on all that.

ice cream glove
05-06-2013, 06:17 PM
I think you argue just to argue. I still don't know what point you are trying to make after quite a few replies. I asked multiple times to make your argument and provide proof of whatever it is you are arguing over. You do come across as childish and rude. Oh well. I guess I am done replying to this particular thread as at this point I will just be trading replies with you over nothing.

How many ways and instances do you want me to answer the same question? I couldn't be more direct and you just pretend I never answer something I have already answered THREE times.