PDA

View Full Version : Haley: Bell and every down back

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Ed Bouchette

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley said the team sees RB Le'Veon Bell as a three-down running back. Haley said Bell was the top running back on the team's draft board.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Bell is a three down player. He's a good receiver out of the backfield even though he measures in at 6'2" 230 pounds. Bell has the athleticism to line up in the slot if Haley really wants to get creative. We like his footwork and agility in the open field. Bell is an impressive runner in space but needs to show more instant power if the hole isn't there.

They are totally amped about this guy; for those who claimed Bell doesn't fit Haley's system, Haley himself doesn't seem to agree.

Crash
05-02-2013, 01:34 PM
What do you expect him to say?

Yeah Ed, Haley's creative. LOL

Ed has sucked this guy off since they hired him.

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 02:23 PM
What do you expect him to say?

Yeah Ed, Haley's creative. LOL

Ed has sucked this guy off since they hired him.

Once again, you missed the point. Point is, they consider Bell a 3-down player. That means they know he can catch out of the back field, making the offense less predictable and harder to defend, that is, IF Ben doesn't try to fight the system like he did a lot of last year, losing the most important games with horrid QB play down the stretch. Ben treated those games like he was in a frat intramural game, with a keg on the sidelines. No wonder half of Pgh is sick of his immature act.

K Train
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Today, 01:32 PM
ice cream glove
Draft Pick
This message is hidden because ice cream glove is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list
View Post

Today, 01:34 PM
Crash
Starter
This message is hidden because Crash is on your ignore list.
View Post

Today, 02:23 PM
ice cream glove
Draft Pick
This message is hidden because ice cream glove is on your ignore list.
View Post

That feels real good to click on a thread and see that

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 02:33 PM

I like how everyone who puts people on ignore have to publicize every time a post gets hidden. Kind of missing the point, aren't you. Ignore means ignore, which is the opposite of obsessing over. You're like the 14-year-old girl who gets dissed by the football captain, and obsesses over everything the guy does, while saying she is ignoring him. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It is both funny and pathetic.

Speeed
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Once again, you missed the point. Point is, they consider Bell a 3-down player. That means they know he can catch out of the back field, making the offense less predictable and harder to defend, that is, IF Ben doesn't try to fight the system like he did a lot of last year, losing the most important games with horrid QB play down the stretch. Ben treated those games like he was in a frat intramural game, with a keg on the sidelines. No wonder half of Pgh is sick of his immature act.

???????????

Crash
05-02-2013, 03:11 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......keg on the sideline blah blah blah.

Pittsburgh hates Ben because they hate change.

As long as Ben is there they can't have their beloved 1970s three yards and a cloud of dust playbook.

Crash
05-02-2013, 03:13 PM
If Bell is a 3 down player why tender BOTH Dwyer and Redman? Why sign Stephens-Howling?

steelers75
05-02-2013, 03:15 PM

Makes it kind of hard to moderate, does it not?

K Train
05-02-2013, 03:22 PM

eh, i can see the posts still...especially when they are quoted

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 03:29 PM
If Bell is a 3 down player why tender BOTH Dwyer and Redman? Why sign Stephens-Howling?

You mean teams only have 1 running back on their roster? Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Of course they are still going to have other backs on the roster. The norm is 4-5 and you need to START with more than that to have them compete and keep your best 4-5. Did you just start following the NFL? It sure seems like it.

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 03:35 PM
eh, i can see the posts still...especially when they are quoted

Which is it? You claim to have the posters on ignore (and even have to post proof that you aren't seeing the posts like a 14-year-old girl who had her heart broke by the football captain) but then claim you can still see the posts.....so which is it? Does K Train stand for "inconsistency." It is rather amusing that a moderator, who has the job of "moderating" the board, has posters on ignore, so proper moderation would be impossible, if the ignore feature were actually used. Hmmmm, very curious indeed. Below, "Tater" is trying to make sense out of K Train's assertions: claims to have posters on ignore but also says he still sees all the posts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iegOEqO6Z58

LatrobePA
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM

I love how the only time you post is to quote someone being an *******. By the way thanks for the random PM it made my day!

"EOM"

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......keg on the sideline blah blah blah.

Pittsburgh hates Ben because they hate change.

As long as Ben is there they can't have their beloved 1970s three yards and a cloud of dust playbook.

Have you looked into some of the meds available to those in a manic condition lately. They might be able to help. Pgh worshiped Ben until he acted so vile and immature. Then, he stopped being a clutch QB and has been steadily anti-clutch since 2010. His failure in SB 45 and down the stretch last season, to even win either game needed to make the play offs, has many Steeler fans just sick of the frat boy routine. He played the Cinci and Dallas game like he was in a frat playing intramural college football with a keg on the sidelines. That act has worn thin with Steeler fans. When the fans care more about the team winning than does the starting QB, there will be repercussions. That is what we are seeing; it has nothing to do with fans wanting JUST a power rushing game. They want wins, regardless of how. Last year's Ben gave us a non-winning season. Not acceptable to Steeler fan.

steelers75
05-02-2013, 03:49 PM
I love how the only time you post is to quote someone being an *******. By the way thanks for the random PM it made my day!

"EOM"

http://www.bellybillboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/butthurt.gif

Crash
05-02-2013, 04:04 PM
You mean teams only have 1 running back on their roster? Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Of course they are still going to have other backs on the roster. The norm is 4-5 and you need to START with more than that to have them compete and keep your best 4-5. Did you just start following the NFL? It sure seems like it.

Howling

Batch

Bell

Redman

Dwyer

Will Johnson

That's 6 backs. Redman signed his tender so he's not leaving unless they trade him.

If Bell is a 3 down back, they should go with their top 3 and Will Johnson at fullback if they insist.

What's going to happen is, we'll keep all these guys, keep rotating all of them when they are all healthy, and then idiots will blame Ben when the run game still sucks.

Crash
05-02-2013, 04:06 PM
He played the Cinci and Dallas game like he was in a frat playing intramural college football with a keg on the sidelines.

Yeah, the regulation in Dallas was one of the best games he played all year.

You're a retard.

Don't hand me crap about Ben's off the field behavior when the same idiots worship Charlie Batch.

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Howling

Batch

Bell

Redman

Dwyer

Will Johnson

That's 6 backs. Redman signed his tender so he's not leaving unless they trade him.

If Bell is a 3 down back, they should go with their top 3 and Will Johnson at fullback if they insist.

What's going to happen is, we'll keep all these guys, keep rotating all of them when they are all healthy, and then idiots will blame Ben when the run game still sucks.

Per usual, you are so random, that I don't even grasp what your point is. They aren't going to "keep rotating guys" once they find who the #1 and #2 is. Other than injuries, they will most stay with their two best guys, plus the FB. How this escapes you is beyond me. They kept trying to find a back who would become the workhorse last year but they never found one. Redman is a plodder who will always get injured after a few games where he has the majority of carries. Not a workhorse. Just a back up. Dwyer never was able to offer more than a few consecutive rushes at a time, and then would wave himself out of the game. Batch just sucks. I think the team is trying to send a message to Dwyer to get into better shape by alluding that Redman will be the top back up. Bell will be the bread and butter back with JD and/or IR backing him up.

Crash
05-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Per usual, you are so random, that I don't even grasp what your point is. They aren't going to "keep rotating guys" once they find who the #1 and #2 is.

You mean like last season?

Micro-managing the run game is Haley's specialty. It's also why for most of his career as an OC his run games have sucked.

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Yeah, the regulation in Dallas was one of the best games he played all year.

That shows you how sh-tty of a year he had. I guess in a game where you throw a game-losing pick, right, smack into the CBs hands, and it costs you a trip to the play offs, that is a "good game." Only in your world of mental illness.

You're a retard.

Hi praise, coming from someone who lacks the ability to think.

Don't hand me crap about Ben's off the field behavior when the same idiots worship Charlie Batch.

Batch tried to have sex with a collage girl in a public bathroom too?

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 04:37 PM

Micro-managing the run game is Haley's specialty. It's also why for most of his career as an OC his run games have sucked.

There was no #1 back last year, genius. One didn't exist. If you are sniffing paint, I am going to suggest you stop before you get even more stupid.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 05:05 PM

entered into evidence for diagnosis of extreme retardation

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 05:15 PM

:lol::plus1::clap:

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 05:16 PM

yea, like when Edge James had 322 carries and 1200 yards in 2007. The next highest touches that year was 26 for JJ Arrington

and it's not like his 2010 Chiefs weren't the #1 rushing yards team in the league or anything

Crash
05-02-2013, 05:21 PM

I agree Haley should be.

Just don't whine when you come back here during the season when our run game is 20-25 again.

I'm sure that will Ben's fault too.

TarlsQtr
05-02-2013, 05:21 PM

Great questions. If we learned anything the last two years it should have been that running backs are ALWAYS healthy and never get hurt. More than one is a waste of money and roster spots.

BTW, I asked my seven year old your questions and he came up with the right answers. You are officially dumber than a first grader. To be fair though, he reads on a 5-6 grade level and is homeschooled, so he is really bright.

Crash
05-02-2013, 05:24 PM
and it's not like his 2010 Chiefs weren't the #1 rushing yards team in the league or anything[/QUOTE]

And what happened in the playoffs?

THROTTLED by the Ravens.

Crash
05-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Great questions. If we learned anything the last two years it should have been that running backs are ALWAYS healthy and never get hurt. More than one is a waste of money and roster spots.

BTW, I asked my seven year old your questions and he came up with the right answers. You are officially dumber than a first grader. To be fair though, he reads on a 5-6 grade level and is homeschooled, so he is really bright.

With you not doing the home schooling I'm sure he's a genius.

You keep talking about injuries. You idiots also don't comprehend that Haley wouldn't leave his backs alone when they were HEALTHY.

Which is why for most of the season the run game sucked.

I'm sorry this team can't afford to have a #4 RB making close to a mil a season.

Crash
05-02-2013, 05:36 PM
yea, like when Edge James had 322 carries and 1200 yards in 2007. The next highest touches that year was 26 for JJ Arrington

You mean when Whiz ran their offense and called the plays his first year there?

See what happens when a football coach, and not a golf coach, is running things?

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 05:41 PM

THROTTLED by the Ravens.

as usual, when confronted by facts that disprove your position, you pivot to a new argument

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 05:43 PM
I agree Haley should be.

Just don't whine when you come back here during the season when our run game is 20-25 again.

I'm sure that will Ben's fault too.

No, nothing is Ben's fault... not even Game losing INTs with the playoffs on the line. Clearly, the blame rests with a running play call on the 50 yard line

lol

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 05:46 PM
and it's not like his 2010 Chiefs weren't the #1 rushing yards team in the league or anything

THROTTLED by the Ravens.

When Crash gets defeated in debate (pretty much always) he moves the goal posts. He claimed Haley never has a good running game, that assertion is then refuted, so he moves on to say "What happened to KC in the play offs?" That was never the point; the best rushing teams often lose in the play offs; we did every year with Cowher except for 1. That was never the point, but bizarro boy switched the subject. Sniffing paint is bad for you.

Crash
05-02-2013, 05:46 PM
No, nothing is Ben's fault... not even Game losing INTs with the playoffs on the line. Clearly, the blame rests with a running play call on the 50 yard line

lol

If Ben wasn't allowed to throw in the 4th quarter from the Cincy 38, and from the Steelers 45, why on ****ing Earth was he throwing from his OWN 11 with less than a minute to play?

You can't have it both ways. Although I'm sure you prefer that lifestyle.

If Haley called the run plays because Ben was injured as YOU have claimed, then he's a goddamn idiot for having the same QB throwing from the 11 yard line with a minute to play in the game.

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 05:50 PM
as usual, when confronted by facts that disprove your position, you pivot to a new argument

NPB is money in dismantling Crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCgPfOmgkIw

Crash
05-02-2013, 05:50 PM
When Crash gets defeated in debate (pretty much always) he moves the goal posts. He claimed Haley never has a good running game, that assertion is then refuted, so he moves on to say "What happened to KC in the play offs?" That was never the point; the best rushing teams often lose in the play offs; we did every year with Cowher except for 1. That was never the point, but bizarro boy switched the subject. Sniffing paint is bad for you.

Tell that to Neil. He's giving Haley credit for the 2007 Cards run game when Whisenhunt was calling plays that season.

Crash
05-02-2013, 05:53 PM

Where's the FACTS that show Kirby Wilson was in charge of the run game?

Provide them or STFU and go back in the closet.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 05:57 PM
You mean when Whiz ran their offense and called the plays his first year there?

See what happens when a football coach, and not a golf coach, is running things?

actually Haley took over playcalling in the 2nd half of the 2007 season
07 Whiz 19.6 pts per game
07 Haley 30.8 pts per game

when he had playcalling for the entire season 2008 (the following year).... they went to the Super Bowl. It should also be noted that Haley called fewer running plays in that season, than any team in the NFL (dispelling the myth that he runs too much)

The Cardinals threw the ball 65% of the time under Haley's playcalling

you make this so easy

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Where's the FACTS that show Kirby Wilson was in charge of the run game?

Provide them or STFU and go back in the closet.

I never said Kirby Wilson was "in charge of the run game".... what does that even mean, "in charge", are you talking about playbook, playcall, or execution coaching?

The running game, in the playbook 2012, was the Arians running game. It was kept in place by Kirby and the rest of the coaching staff to ease the transition to a new passing game.

Notice that we are putting a new run blocking scheme in place this year? Along with a new blocking scheme comes a new running game...

Do you need to watch some tape and have me walk you through it? You should really probably start with some introductory learning in regards to football schematics and play design. Play around with your google for a while, and come back with some questions. We are here to help, just because you are disabled doesn't mean you should enjoy football any less

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:03 PM
when he had playcalling for the entire season 2008 (the following year).... they went to the Super Bowl.

He had a 1 game improvement despite having Kurt Warner start the whole year in 2008 (He only started 11 in 2007) and his great offense pissed away an 18 point lead in the NFC title game and did nothing in the Super Bowl until LeBeau went to his prevent defense.

Yeah he's a goddamn genius!

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Tell that to Neil. He's giving Haley credit for the 2007 Cards run game when Whisenhunt was calling plays that season.

I know... Haley totally had nothing to do with that. While Whiz was calling the plays, the OC had nothing to do with substitutions and packages...

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:04 PM
The running game, in the playbook 2012, was the Arians running game. It was kept in place by Kirby and the rest of the coaching staff to ease the transition to a new passing game.

Provide facts or shut it.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 06:05 PM
He had a 1 game improvement despite having Kurt Warner start the whole year in 2008 (He only started 11 in 2007) and his great offense pissed away an 18 point lead in the NFC title game and did nothing in the Super Bowl until LeBeau went to his prevent defense.

Yeah he's a goddamn genius!

so now, offenses **** away 4th quarter leads?

ps that long Fitzgerald TD was not a prevent defense...

does this mean Kurt Warner is better than Big Ben?

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I know... Haley totally had nothing to do with that. While Whiz was calling the plays, the OC had nothing to do with substitutions and packages...

So your telling me, that Haley was in charge of subbing and packages and THEN Whis would call the play? LOL

No, just like it was last season, Haley called our plays, and he was in charge of the subbing as well.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Provide facts or shut it.

I submit the entire 2012 season as fact

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 06:07 PM
So your telling me, that Haley was in charge of subbing and packages and THEN Whis would call the play? LOL

yes, in fact, position coaches are in charge of a large large portion of the player substitutions

class is not yet dismissed. sit down

No, just like it was last season, Haley called our plays, and he was in charge of the subbing as well.

incorrect. as usual

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:08 PM
ps that long Fitzgerald TD was not a prevent defense...

Sure it was, our safties were 20 yards from the LOS. You'll recall John Madden noticed this right before that play.

does this mean Kurt Warner is better than Big Ben?

No, he isn't. Ben has more rings, and has had more production in his career. Kurt Warner's 2002-2006 seasons end any discussions of putting him in Ben's class.

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:09 PM
incorrect. as usual

So we hired Haley to run our offense, and yet he didn't run it?

If you say so. LOL

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Sure it was, our safties were 20 yards from the LOS. You'll recall John Madden noticed this right before that play.

wow... so you really don't know much of anything about football

Here's the play that Crash thinks is a prevent defense.
It features press coverage and a zone blitz....
there are 9 defenders within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage at the snap
what an idiot...

you literally have to not even have a video game understanding of football to think that was a prevent defense

newsflash moron... man press, with a zone blitz and 2 deep safeties with outside zones (see how they commit to the WRs on the outside being released allowing the middle to open) is NOTHING like a Prevent Defense

The fact that you would reference this play... in a "haley hater" conversation is even more awesome... this is essentially a double the outside WRs playcall... and Haley moved Fitz into the slot to destroy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE5-tceg4ZU

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 06:22 PM
you're probably embarrassed right now... you gotta be... i mean, look how stupid you look

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I submit the entire 2012 season as fact

You submit as speculation.

Here's Lolley's take from January:

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Losing Haley would be a setback
According to the Arizona Republic, Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley has been given permission to interview with the Cardinals for their open head coaching position.

Haley, a former offensive coordinator in Arizona, is held in high esteem by the Bidwell family after helping the Cardinals to the Super Bowl in 2008.

But if he leaves the Steelers after just one season, it will be a big setback.

The team spent an entire offseason last year learning a new offense - most notably new offensive terminology.

If Haley leaves, the Steelers will have their third offense in three seasons. With one of the youngest offenses in the league - outside of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger - that's a lot to throw at young players.

The Steelers have long prided themselves on continuity. It's one of the reasons why the team has had some much success over the past couple of decades. They have largely kept things the same, making things easy for young players to improve by learning the system better.

Now, certainly, the Steelers could offset the loss of Haley - if that happens - by promoting from within. Mike Tomlin's top choice a year ago would have been Kirby Wilson had he not been recovering from burns suffered in an accident in his home.

But at this point, Wilson's offense would likely be different from the one Haley runs. And he would faced with the choice of keeping Haley's terminology or returning to what the Steelers used before.

Plus, prior to injuries to Antonio Brown, Roethlisberger and half of the offensive line, the Steelers offense was producing under Haley in the first half of the season. They led the league in third down conversions, were second in time of possession and their scoring was up about a point-and-a-half from the previous season.

And that was with a group of players still learning the new offense.

Now, certainly, the team didn't finish as well. But the aforementioned injury problems were the main culprit for that.

Much has been made of comments Roethlisberger made regarding Haley's offense, particularly following a loss at Dallas.

But Roethlisberger has always taken shots at the offensive coordinator, whether it was Ken Whisenhunt or even his best buddy, Bruce Arians. He always wants to do things his way, which would include running the no-huddle exclusively.

And the offensive coordinators have had to reign him in.

The fact is, the rift between Haley and Roethlisberger just isn't there. It's a figment of the imagination of people who were waiting for a big blowup between the two that never happened

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:25 PM
you're probably embarrassed right now... you gotta be... i mean, look how stupid you look

No, I like embarrassing you clowns.

8-8 bitch.

That does all my talking for me.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 06:28 PM
No, I like embarrassing you clowns.

8-8 bitch.

That does all my talking for me.

you mean like this?

what an idiot...

you literally have to not even have a video game understanding of football to think that was a prevent defense

newsflash moron... man press, with a zone blitz and 2 deep safeties with outside zones (see how they commit to the WRs on the outside being released allowing the middle to open) is NOTHING like a Prevent Defense

The fact that you would reference this play... in a "haley hater" conversation is even more awesome... this is essentially a double the outside WRs playcall... and Haley moved Fitz into the slot to destroy it

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 06:30 PM
You submit as speculation.

Here's Lolley's take from January:

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Losing Haley would be a setback
According to the Arizona Republic, Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley has been given permission to interview with the Cardinals for their open head coaching position.

Haley, a former offensive coordinator in Arizona, is held in high esteem by the Bidwell family after helping the Cardinals to the Super Bowl in 2008.

But if he leaves the Steelers after just one season, it will be a big setback.

The team spent an entire offseason last year learning a new offense - most notably new offensive terminology.

If Haley leaves, the Steelers will have their third offense in three seasons. With one of the youngest offenses in the league - outside of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger - that's a lot to throw at young players.

The Steelers have long prided themselves on continuity. It's one of the reasons why the team has had some much success over the past couple of decades. They have largely kept things the same, making things easy for young players to improve by learning the system better.

Now, certainly, the Steelers could offset the loss of Haley - if that happens - by promoting from within. Mike Tomlin's top choice a year ago would have been Kirby Wilson had he not been recovering from burns suffered in an accident in his home.

But at this point, Wilson's offense would likely be different from the one Haley runs. And he would faced with the choice of keeping Haley's terminology or returning to what the Steelers used before.

Plus, prior to injuries to Antonio Brown, Roethlisberger and half of the offensive line, the Steelers offense was producing under Haley in the first half of the season. They led the league in third down conversions, were second in time of possession and their scoring was up about a point-and-a-half from the previous season.

And that was with a group of players still learning the new offense.

Now, certainly, the team didn't finish as well. But the aforementioned injury problems were the main culprit for that.

Much has been made of comments Roethlisberger made regarding Haley's offense, particularly following a loss at Dallas.

But Roethlisberger has always taken shots at the offensive coordinator, whether it was Ken Whisenhunt or even his best buddy, Bruce Arians. He always wants to do things his way, which would include running the no-huddle exclusively.

And the offensive coordinators have had to reign him in.

The fact is, the rift between Haley and Roethlisberger just isn't there. It's a figment of the imagination of people who were waiting for a big blowup between the two that never happened

was this meant to highlight that you don't know what terminology means?

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I referenced the entire quarter as well assclown.

What did their offense do for 3 quarters? Nothing minus one drive.

Then we backed off on defense, and the Cards got back in the game.

So Haley WAS in charge of offensive formations in Arizona, but he's NOT in charge of offensive formations in Pittsburgh?

Got it.

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:34 PM
was this meant to highlight that you don't know what terminology means?

Mr. Lolley said they spent an entire off season learning a new offense. He said NOTHING about the run game remaining the same.

All you have is speculation KY, nothing else.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 07:01 PM
I referenced the entire quarter as well assclown.

What did their offense do for 3 quarters? Nothing minus one drive.

Then we backed off on defense, and the Cards got back in the game.
it.

We didn't back off on defense... The play call you referenced was a man press, zone blitz, double... It the complete opposite spectrum of backing off.

Thus stuff is real difficult for you

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Mr. Lolley said they spent an entire off season learning a new offense. He said NOTHING about the run game remaining the same.

All you have is speculation KY, nothing else.

Its not speculation, it's right there on tape. Interestingly, you have not commented on it from your own perspective and instead scoured the Internet

Crash
05-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Its not speculation, it's right there on tape.

Speculation. No one said the run game was the same. No one said Kirby kept his run game. If anything, it was commented that Haley not only is teaching the players his new offense, he is also teaching the coaches.

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 07:35 PM

what an idiot...

And a pair of brass knuckles into Crash's grill, causing him to spit out his teeth like chicklets. :lol:

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Speculation. No one said the run game was the same. No one said Kirby kept his run game. If anything, it was commented that Haley not only is teaching the players his new offense, he is also teaching the coaches.

I'll point out that your reference point is what other people said, and mine is football

Crash
05-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I'll point out that your reference point is what other people said, and mine is football

So if the run game is the same why did it suck worse?

Because Haley's a clown with no clue how to run an offense.

This team won't see another Super Bowl as long as Haley is here.

Enjoy your golf coach and fullbacks.

And enjoy more 8-8 seasons.

ice cream glove
05-02-2013, 11:08 PM
So if the run game is the same why did it suck worse?

Because Haley's a clown with no clue how to run an offense.

This team won't see another Super Bowl as long as Haley is here.

And enjoy more 8-8 seasons.

You're right. If Ben keeps throwing game ending picks to lose crucial games, we will keep racking up 8-8 seasons.

Crash
05-02-2013, 11:17 PM
You're right. If Ben keeps throwing game ending picks to lose crucial games, we will keep racking up 8-8 seasons.

And what was their record without Ben?

Nice play-calling there also.

With a QB like Ben we should be blowing teams out.

We can't have that, we have to satisfy out of touch idiots.

Number99
05-03-2013, 10:07 AM

And what exactly is wrong with a fullback? All the past 10 superbowls winners employed a fullback in one form or another . Some more then others. The Colts in 2006 probably used one the least. But the Pats, Giants, Ravens and Packers all used a FB prominently. And even the Steelers under Arians used Carey Davis a lot.

Crash
05-03-2013, 11:15 AM
And what exactly is wrong with a fullback?

What did we with it? Nothing.

The best run Willie Parker had in the 2005 playoffs?

Three wide and a TE.

Super Bowl against the Packers? The only time our offense did anything was when we had 3 wides on the field.

It's a speed game now. The rules are phasing out defenses.

You keep fullbacks and 2-3 TE sets on the field? You slow down your own offense.

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 02:59 PM
And what was their record without Ben?

We can't have that, we have to satisfy out of touch idiots.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 03:00 PM

Three wide and a TE.

Super Bowl against the Packers? The only time our offense did anything was when we had 3 wides on the field.

You keep fullbacks and 2-3 TE sets on the field? You slow down your own offense.

Yea, just ask the Pats. <ROLLS EYES>

Crash
05-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Yea, just ask the Pats. <ROLLS EYES>

What have the Pats won? RINGLESS for 8 YEARS.

Tom Brady has been a joke in his last 4 AFC title games. Less than 20 points in his last two Super Bowls as well. Took a grounding penalty in the Super Bowl by throwing the ball away (like you clowns want Ben to do) and cost his team two points.

Since they got caught cheating they don't win rings anymore.

Who cares if they can beat up the garbage AFC East.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 03:25 PM
What have the Pats won? RINGLESS for 8 YEARS.

Tom Brady has been a joke in his last 4 AFC title games. Less than 20 points in his last two Super Bowls as well. Took a grounding penalty in the Super Bowl by throwing the ball away (like you clowns want Ben to do) and cost his team two points.

Since they got caught cheating they don't win rings anymore.

Who cares if they can beat up the garbage AFC East.

it's probably all the offensive coordinators fault :rolleyes:

Crash
05-03-2013, 03:29 PM
it's probably all the offensive coordinators fault :rolleyes:

No it's their video guys fault he got caught.

Exposed Brady for the farce he is.

From one of the all time playoff greats to Kordell Stewart esq choking in the bat of an eye.

Number99
05-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Three wide and a TE.

Both superbowls recently they used a FB. And the play you describe was a brilliant call. Starting the 2nd half and to call a run on that formation caught them totally off guard. So what's your point?

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 04:00 PM

From one of the all time playoff greats to Kordell Stewart esq choking in the bat of an eye.

Do you have any siblings who are NOT retarded?

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 04:07 PM

at least we can confirm that you don't have an eye for talent either... add that to the list
1. Doesn't know football schematically
2. Doesn't have an eye for skill

I've destroyed this brady argument of yours before... and I enjoyed it so much, that I'll post it again...

Brady lost 2 super bowls where he handed his defense a late 4th quarter lead and they choked... when that happens to Ben, you pointedly place the blame on the defense/prevent/lebeau.... but when it happens to Brady, you use the identical scenario to compare him stupidly to Kordell

You are a fraud... and you've been exposed as one. You aren't competent enough to debate football.

Crash
05-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Fraud this KY.

Still waiting for the proof that we kept last seasons run game.

Until then? GFY.

Crash
05-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Brady lost 2 super bowls where he handed his defense a late 4th quarter lead and they choked... when that happens to Ben, you pointedly place the blame on the defense/prevent/lebeau.... but when it happens to Brady, you use the identical scenario to compare him stupidly to Kordell

What's his playoff record since Spygate? Why can't he stop throwing picks in the AFC title game?

Like you say, the results are on the tape.

Crash
05-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Batch tried to have sex with a collage girl in a public bathroom too?

He was accused of spiking a girl's drink, kidnapping, and then participating in a gang rape.

Was all set to go to trial in a civil suit.

Then they decided to pay her off instead.

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 04:23 PM
at least we can confirm that you don't have an eye for talent either... add that to the list
1. Doesn't know football schematically
2. Doesn't have an eye for skill

I've destroyed this brady argument of yours before... and I enjoyed it so much, that I'll post it again...

You are a fraud... and you've been exposed as one. You aren't competent enough to debate football.

:plus1::bigthumb::clap:

Right on the $. Crash doesn't debate in the context of logic or reality. Just a dumb kid.

Crash
05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Spare me. You bozo's want your own rules. Don't ask for facts when someone disagrees with you while at the same time use your own speculation as fact.

I know I know, keg on the sideline, bar tabs, etc.

Now get on your knees for NPB. He's waiting.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 04:38 PM
What's his playoff record since Spygate? Why can't he stop throwing picks in the AFC title game?

Like you say, the results are on the tape.

Because he's playing really good team's in the AFC title game?

The gist of your shtick is simple... all other QBs must be perfect to be compared to Ben and all poor results of games played by other QBs are their responsibility, but when the results aren't perfect for Ben, blame everyone/anyone else...

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Spare me. You bozo's want your own rules. Don't ask for facts when someone disagrees with you while at the same time use your own speculation as fact.

I know I know, keg on the sideline, bar tabs, etc.

Now get on your knees for NPB. He's waiting.

I want you to post your QB rankings, and the objective measurement by which you came to that ranking.... you were gonna get to it a few months ago, but then you got reamed left and right and pussied out.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 04:40 PM
:plus1::bigthumb::clap:

Right on the $. Crash doesn't debate in the context of logic or reality. Just a dumb kid.

Crash isn't a kid. He's a grown man. He argues like a loner adult who never had any friends.

Crash
05-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Because he's playing really good team's in the AFC title game?

Wasn't he playing really good teams in AFC title games BEFORE Spygate?

Three AFC title games BEFORE SpyGate: 4 TD passes, 2 picks.

Now he has no camera's, and now he can't stop throwing picks.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Wasn't he playing really good teams in AFC title games BEFORE Spygate?

Three AFC title games BEFORE SpyGate: 4 TD passes, 2 picks.

Now he has no camera's, and now he can't stop throwing picks.

We both know why.

Brady is a better QB post spygate than before... correlation does not equal causation

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Crash isn't a kid. He's a grown man. He argues like a loner adult who never had any friends.

Totally irrational. No logic. Doesn't even try to truly make any sense.

Crash
05-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Brady is a better QB post spygate than before

Against garbage he is.

Yay.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Totally irrational. No logic. Doesn't even try to truly make any sense.

He's pretty consistent with 4-5 belligerent talking points that he circles back to every time he's cornered (which is during any attempt he makes at a coherent argument).

When he pivots, is when you know he's sulking as another of his many factual incorrect statements or inconsistent arguments is pointed out to him.

He's fun though... if you treat his statements like a toy you are choosing to play with

Crash
05-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Still waiting for the Kirby Wilson proof KY.

Get off your knees and get to it.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Still waiting for the Kirby Wilson proof KY.

Get off your knees and get to it.

I provided the proof... you either don't want to re-look at it, or recognize that you aren't capable of vetting it.

Crash
05-03-2013, 05:18 PM
You provided nothing. You're opinion isn't fact.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:30 PM
You provided nothing. You're opinion isn't fact.

The facts are right there for you to see. It's just over your head

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:40 PM
The facts are right there for you to see. It's just over your head

That would be you guys. Like I said, you can't dismiss others for their opinions and demand facts while at the same time proclaim YOUR opinion as fact.

Same rules for everyone there clown shoes.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:54 PM
That would be you guys. Like I said, you can't dismiss others for their opinions and demand facts while at the same time proclaim YOUR opinion as fact.

Same rules for everyone there clown shoes.

You probably think a lot of stuff in life is just someone else's opinion. Lol

You can go to the tape and have a Ted Theodore Logan moment with yourself, if you'd like.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 12:31 AM
He was accused of spiking a girl's drink, kidnapping, and then participating in a gang rape.

Was all set to go to trial in a civil suit.

Then they decided to pay her off instead.

Never heard that story. Have no idea of validity.

Crash
05-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Never heard that story. Have no idea of validity.

Lawsuit says athletes raped woman in LV

Woman alleges four pro football players drugged her first

By J.M. KALIL
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

A woman filed a lawsuit Thursday accusing four professional football players of drugging and then raping her in a Las Vegas apartment and a Strip hotel room in May 2000.

Detroit Lions quarterback Charlie Batch, Lions safety Ron Rice, Miami Dolphins wide receiver Dedric Ward, and former Lions defensive back Ty Talton, are named as defendants in the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages in excess of $20,000.

The lawsuit says Lisa Hardin believes a date rape drug was slipped into her drink while she was with the athletes at Mandalay Bay on May 6, 2000. The lawsuit, filed in Clark County District Court, alleges she has fragmented memories of the following hours, but can recall the four players repeatedly raping her, as well as one of them ignoring her pleas to stop.

"I vehemently deny the allegations," Batch said in a statement. "These accusations are just another example of how success in sports makes someone a target. The courts will provide my complete vindication."

Ward said he hopes the accusations won't prompt fans to rush to judgment.

"These allegations are completely false and totally without merit," Ward said in a statement. "The Las Vegas Police Department did a thorough investigation and found no validity whatsoever to those allegations. I will vigorously defend myself against these baseless and unfounded allegations."

Reached at his Beloit, Wis., home, Talton's father said he talked to his son about the lawsuit Thursday afternoon. "He knows about it, and he said he has no comment," Butler Talton said.

Attempts to reach Rice and his agent were not successful Thursday. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league was looking into the allegations.

Las Vegas authorities investigated Hardin's allegations for three months last year and interviewed some of the players, but criminal charges were not filed.

Clark County Chief Deputy District Attorney Doug Herndon said several prosecutors thoroughly evaluated the statements and other evidence gathered by police between May and mid-August 2000.

"A review of everything seemed to indicate that crimes did occur. It seemed to be absolutely clear that this woman was subjected to sexual acts by a number of guys," said Herndon, head of the office's Special Victims Unit. "But it was also clear that she was highly intoxicated or drugged at the time. ... We didn't think there was enough evidence to take it before a jury and win a conviction."

Las Vegas police Lt. Jeff Carlson said sexual assault detectives interviewed three of the four players during an investigation that lasted from May to mid-August 2000. Carlson said the three players admitted having sex with her.

"But they said it was consensual," the lieutenant said. "The players had pretty consistent stories."

The lawsuit says Hardin, who was 33 and lived in Bellevue, Wash., at the time, was in Las Vegas for a friend's wedding. She met Batch, Ward and Talton -- who has played in the Arena Football League and the XFL of late -- about 8 p.m. The players asked her to sit down at their table inside the Rumjungle nightclub, Hardin attorney John Lukens said.

While she talked with them, the players "repeatedly encouraged her to have a drink with them," the lawsuit says. She finished the drink, and the players suggested they leave together, the lawsuit says.

Lukens said Hardin believes the players surreptitiously put gamma hydroxybutyrate acid, an illegal substance known as GHB, or a similar drug into her drink. She has only partial memories of the next four to six hours, the lawsuit says.

Hardin recalls going to Ward's apartment at 10175 Spring Mountain Road, where she says she was repeatedly raped vaginally and orally by Batch, Talton and Ward.

The lawsuit says she remembers returning to Mandalay Bay, where Ward dropped her off with Batch and Talton on his way to the airport. She contends Batch, Talton and Rice then raped her again in a hotel room at the Strip resort while she was "semi-conscious." The lawsuit says she begged Talton to "stop hurting her" as he raped her in the bathroom.

The defendants and Hardin then left the room. Hardin met some friends in the resort's casino, then went to sleep in her hotel room.

Hardin flew home May 7 and sought medical treatment May 8, Lukens said.

Lt. Tom Monahan said Las Vegas police began investigating the case May 10, 2000, two days after Hardin was examined at a Seattle hospital and reported her allegations to Seattle police.

Lukens, a former deputy district attorney who for years headed the unit that prosecutes sexual assaults, said prosecutors might not have been able to meet evidentiary standards to pursue criminal charges against the players, but he is certain Hardin's civil lawsuit will be successful.

Prosecutors in a criminal case must prove a defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The plaintiff in a civil lawsuit must meet a lower evidentiary burden.

He compared the case to the O.J. Simpson murder trial, in which Simpson was acquitted of criminal wrongdoing but later found civilly liable for the 1994 slaying of Ron Goldman.

Herndon said the decision not to prosecute the players was not made quickly.

"It was a difficult decision, and the case wasn't clear-cut," Herndon said. "But unfortunately, you can't file charges against someone just because you think a crime occurred. There are standards of proof."

Not referring specifically to Hardin's case, Monahan said it is typical for rape victims not to report what happened to police for days because they are humiliated or blame themselves for what happened.

"That certainly makes it more difficult, because potential evidence could be destroyed," Monahan said.

Herndon and Monahan said rapes in which the victim claims to have been highly intoxicated or drugged at the time are even more difficult to prosecute because the victim has no memory or partial memory of the events, while suspects often say they remember everything clearly and that nothing criminal occurred.

Attempts to reach Hardin on Thursday were unsuccessful. Her attorneys refused to say where she lives now.

They described her as a single, soft-spoken, strikingly attractive woman who works as representative for a pharmaceutical company.

Lukens said Hardin was considering not filing the lawsuit Wednesday because of the embarrassment that would accompany the case's expected high level of publicity.

"Do you suffer in silence?" Lukens asked. "Do you remain a victim or do you put your foot down and go after justice? She made her final decision."

Batch was set to go to trial by jury, they settled prior to it.

Number99
05-04-2013, 10:18 AM
I remember that story. These story's are always so hard to really find out the truth. The athlete denies it but the defendant swears by it. There usually isn't enough evidence to convict but usually end up being thrown out or settled. Which in the case of the pay offs it really makes your wonder. If a woman was really raped does money make them forget all about it? So hard to say. A lot of women don't even come forward. The one's that are brave enough to do it I have all the respect in the world for them. In my lifetime I have come to know several who have had this unfortunate act happen to them. And they are both strong women. Athletes if are guilty of the act should not be let off so easy or be above the avg man/woman. But all cases with athletes or celebs you have to take with some skepticism. And it just makes it that much tougher for the authorities to determine.

Crash
05-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Compare this statement in the Batch case:

Clark County Chief Deputy District Attorney Doug Herndon said several prosecutors thoroughly evaluated the statements and other evidence gathered by police between May and mid-August 2000.

"A review of everything seemed to indicate that crimes did occur. It seemed to be absolutely clear that this woman was subjected to sexual acts by a number of guys," said Herndon, head of the office's Special Victims Unit. "But it was also clear that she was highly intoxicated or drugged at the time. ... We didn't think there was enough evidence to take it before a jury and win a conviction."

To this statement in the Ben Georgia case by DA Bright:

"I live in the world of 'beyond a reasonable doubt.' An honest answer: It's debatable. If you want my candid feeling, looking at all the evidence here, we don't even have probable cause. Probable cause is the standard to make an arrest, and we did not have probable cause. No arrest was made in this case, so there's no warrant to dismiss. We didn't even have probable cause in this case."

For DA Bright to admit, after a same night examination of the accuser that he didn't even have probable cause? Spoke volumes.

Yeah Ben is a pariah in Pittsburgh while Batch is the Hometown Hero.

Makes no sense. None.

TarlsQtr
05-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Overstate things much?

I suspect that you have no idea what "pariah" means.

The only difference is that people are going to remember what the SB winning QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers was accused of (twice) and may not remember an older incident when the guy was an obscure player on Detroit.

To say that Ben is a "pariah" in Pittsburgh is a joke.

Crash
05-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Overstate things much?

I suspect that you have no idea what "pariah" means.

The only difference is that people are going to remember what the SB winning QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers was accused of (twice) and may not remember an older incident when the guy was an obscure player on Detroit.

To say that Ben is a "pariah" in Pittsburgh is a joke.

I'm talking about PITTSBURGH.

RIGHT NOW, Batch IN Pittsburgh, is a hometown hero.

RIGHT NOW, Ben IN Pittsburgh, by many, is a pariah.

You can't deny this if you spend any time in that city.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 03:49 PM

ROTFLMAO. So, in Ben's case (twice at least) an accusation shouldn't be enough proof that he did any wrongdoing, but in Batch's case, you want to consider him guilty from accusation alone. You NEVER offer ANYTHING but double standards on any of your positions, and that makes you a total joke. Also, a players reputation is based on how he behaves while in his current city. Batch's accusation happened when he was playing for Detroit. Ben's KNOWN transgressions happened when he was a Steeler. Plus, I never heard any stories of Charlie being wasted in Pgh, groping girls sexual parts, racking up giant bar bills to only bail without paying. I know girls who live in downtown Pgh. And they verified all of those stories about Ben. I never heard any such stories about Batch in Pgh. But don't let reality get in your way, Clown. Ben has been a jerk in Pgh. Charlie hasn't.

Crash
05-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I never said Batch was guilty at all.

If anything, people with common sense and brains should actually use Batch as an example of a player who DID change from some past questionable behavior and became a better person.

But because Batch is from Pittsburgh? It's like his accusation doesn't even exist.

Plus, I never heard any stories of Charlie being wasted in Pgh, groping girls sexual parts, racking up giant bar bills to only bail without paying.

Batch can't pay anything. He's broke.

Facts prove Ben did not do what he was accused of. Great QBs can't change forensic medicine and science. Bright's no probable cause statement should have been the end of it.

I know girls who live in downtown Pgh. And they verified all of those stories about Ben.

Well that settles it. I'm convinced. LOL

BubbyBlister
05-04-2013, 03:59 PM
How many pages back did this post go off topic 8 ?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-04-2013, 04:01 PM
How many pages back did this post go off topic 8 ?

Too many....lol But hey you want to try to get it back on track?....So what is your thoughts on Le'Von Bell this year?

TarlsQtr
05-04-2013, 04:02 PM
I added the bold.

That is called a "weasler" (like no one would notice that you now entered the phrase "by many") and indicates you have no idea what "pariah" means.

A pariah is a social outcast. You either are a pariah or are not. Ben can stand on any street corner in Pittsburgh and sign autographs for hours, with never a break in the line, if he wants. The doors in Pittsburgh of the finest restaurants, nightclubs, golf courses, country clubs, etc. are all open to him. We should all be a "pariah" like Ben.

As far as Charlie, I never heard one crowd at Heinz chant "We want Charlie" for their hometown hero to replace Ben. I suspect that his speaking fees in the 'Burgh are a lot closer to what you would receive than what Ben would receive.

Pariah? LOL

Crash
05-04-2013, 04:06 PM
The doors in Pittsburgh of the finest restaurants, nightclubs, golf courses, country clubs, etc. are all open to him

Not in 2010 they weren't. He was banned from the Cabana Club for allegedly not paying a $5 COVER. The owner didn't like Ben for "being above the people".

Despite the fact that the CC was in violation of numerous health codes, and safety violations, which put his customers at risk.

And yet he's whining over a $5 cover? LOL

BubbyBlister
05-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Too many....lol But hey you want to try to get it back on track?....So what is your thoughts on Le'Von Bell this year? I like him and love that he was one of the best pass catching running backs in the draft. He should fit Hailey's offense rather well and give Ben a safety option and help to move the chains. I'm hoping he can pick up pass blocking rather quick because that will be the only thing holding him back from starting.

TarlsQtr
05-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Not in 2010 they weren't. He was banned from the Cabana Club...

Need I remind you of your earlier statement (I bolded)?:

What the owner of the Cabana Club thought of Ben in 2010 (about 1 month after the rape allegation) is irrelevant to the time frame YOU set up: "RIGHT NOW"

I would also point out that the people in Pittsburgh who do not like Ben are far more likely to hold those feelings because of Ben acting like a douche for the first few years of his career than any rape allegations. Apparently, Batch knew how to conduct himself when he went out in Pittsburgh.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Not in 2010 they weren't. He was banned from the Cabana Club for allegedly not paying a $5 COVER. The owner didn't like Ben for "being above the people".

Despite the fact that the CC was in violation of numerous health codes, and safety violations, which put his customers at risk.

And yet he's whining over a $5 cover? LOL

So you cite one bar not letting him in and conclude he is a pariah?

You are the wackiest poster I have ever seen on the Internet.

pa·ri·ah
noun
an outcast.
any person or animal that is generally despised or avoided.

Wow, dude. Seek professional help. I actually know only 1 person who hates Ben that was a former Steeler fan (He is so hateful in general that he now hates the Steelers completely even though he grew up and still lives in Pgh.) Ever since Ben's transgressions emerged, he hates the whole organization for giving Ben a pass for his disgusting behavior. But that is the only Steeler fan (former) I know who hates Ben as he would a pariah.

Crash
05-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Ever since Ben's transgressions emerged, he hates the whole organization for giving Ben a pass for his disgusting behavior.

And the pass they gave Jerry Nuzum?

And the pass they gave Ernie Holmes?

And the pass they gave James Harrison?

I guess he was OK with those, right?

Crash
05-04-2013, 04:25 PM
I would also point out that the people in Pittsburgh who do not like Ben are far more likely to hold those feelings because of Ben acting like a douche for the first few years of his career than any rape allegations. Apparently, Batch knew how to conduct himself when he went out in Pittsburgh.

Would these be the same stories in the same city that labeled Dan Marino a coke head, Bill Cowher banging Kordell's dead sister, and Tom Barrasso banging his baby sitter?

Pittsburgh and rumors has been going on for 30 years. It's typical jealousy of the rich athlete in blue caller working Pittsburgh.

TarlsQtr
05-04-2013, 04:26 PM
And the pass they gave Jerry Nuzum?

And the pass they gave Ernie Holmes?

And the pass they gave James Harrison?

I guess he was OK with those, right?

Red herring.The logic of ICG's friend is irrelevant to your therapy session.

TarlsQtr
05-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Would these be the same stories in the same city that labeled Dan Marino a coke head, Bill Cowher banging Kordell's dead sister, and Tom Barrasso banging his baby sitter?

Pittsburgh and rumors has been going on for 30 years. It's typical jealousy of the rich athlete in blue caller working Pittsburgh.

How about we let the recent Sports Illustrated cover piece serve as the last Big Ben expose we see for a while• It contained enough anecdotes to last at least through the bye week. (I'm guessing the cover shot -- a scruffy Roethlisberger pictured under the headline "The Hangover" -- won't be framed for Big Ben's man cave anytime soon.)

The story filled in the rest of the country on what a lot of us already knew: Roethlisberger often has behaved like an arrogant jerk during his six years as Steelers quarterback. That doesn't mean he committed any crimes. It just means he turned off a significant portion of the locker room and fan base, despite his mostly brilliant play.

Imagine if he were coming off a poor season.

I think it's a good thing Roethlisberger was exposed (resist punch line) over the past few months. If he isn't jarred into some form of humility by such a massive backlash -- on the heels of a second sexual assault allegation within a year -- then nothing will work.
What's amazing is that it took so long for stories of his ill-mannered ways to reach print. I never broached the matter, because I did not have on-the-record sources. A few weeks ago, I looked to see whether anything had been written on the topic from Roethlisberger's early years. I finally came across a piece in the Pittsburgh City Paper, for which local radio host Mark Madden deserves immense credit.
Madden, it seems, was the first media person to suggest Roethlisberger might not be the humble guy he seemed to be.
In a column titled "Is Ben getting too big for his britches?" that was published late in Roethlisberger's rookie year, Madden wrote of how "tales flow freely about Roethlisberger's ego growing proportionately to his accomplishments."

What sorts of tales?

Wrote Madden: "Roethlisberger snubbed the Pirates' Jason Bay, pointedly ignoring (Bay) when he came to Steelers headquarters for a Pirates-requested photo op. Chukky Okobi openly accused Roethlisberger, once a close friend, of 'big-timing' him since becoming a star. Roethlisberger berated a Steelers PR type for allowing a TV interview to run over the agreed-upon five minutes. Jerome Bettis told a reporter that the Steelers 'have some young guys who don't know what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.' His eyes were fixed on Roethlisberger. All of these incidents were witnessed. None are mere rumor."

Then came a warning:

"Maybe you can't blame the kid for having a swelled cranium," Madden wrote. "He's just 22, and he's having perhaps the best season of any rookie in any sport ever. But it's the sort of thing the Steelers need to keep in check while it can still be controlled."
Whoops. That check bounced.

Five years later, credible sources are going on the record to speak of Roethlisberger's chronically appalling behavior.

Read more: http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/columnists/starkey/s_682526.html#ixzz2SMEw01fR
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

I sincerely feel like Ben has grown up and has turned his life around. That said, it does no one any good to ignore the fact that Ben has behaved like a douche in the past. I bet even Ben would admit it.

TarlsQtr
05-04-2013, 04:34 PM
It's typical jealousy of the rich athlete in blue caller working Pittsburgh.

That would be a legitimate claim if the same allegations were coming out against Troy, Ike, Crosby, Malkin, and the other "rich athletes" in "blue caller [sic] working Pittsburgh."

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 04:37 PM
It's typical jealousy of the rich athlete in blue caller working Pittsburgh.

Who are they calling? On the phone?

Crash
05-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Jerome Bettis told a reporter that the Steelers 'have some young guys who don't know what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.'

Yeah, the same guy who was accused of sexual assault when he traded an autographed football for a blow job on a public street in a car during training camp.

He has room to talk. Friggin' butter fingers dimwit.

Then Bettis said Ben should be suspended for the GA accusation, AFTER he said years prior that Kobe Bryant is innocent until proven guilty.

Let's see, fat *** fumbler wanted the UNCHARGED WHITE GUY who saved his *** from a life time of shame and embarrassment suspended, but never called for the suspension of the CHARGED NBA black player.

Interesting.........

Crash
05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I sincerely feel like Ben has grown up and has turned his life around. That said, it does no one any good to ignore the fact that Ben has behaved like a douche in the past. I bet even Ben would admit it.

Here's your credible source:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_522490.html

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08213/900577-54.stm

This owner obviously has no regard for human safety, nor the regard for doing things though the proper channels.

But he can go ahead and judge Ben over a $5 cover charge and rumors.....lol

Typical jealous Yinzer trash.

LevonKirkland99
05-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Bell will do good in Hayley's system...better than the pretenders we have

Crash
05-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Unless Haley changed the system. The results will remain the same.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Bell will do good in Hayley's system...better than the pretenders we have

Yup. They KNOW Bell is going to excel which is why the sent the entire group of higher ups to see his workout. After learning that, and watching tape, I knew Bell is who they were going after. I still think they might have taken him a little early, but maybe they had no teams willing to trade up so they pulled the trigger, knowing he was their highest rated back in the entire draft. To get Jarvis Jones AND Bell in one draft is a good start to fixing this broken team.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 08:28 PM

Want to bet? Dwyer is lazy - has very good skills but no heart hence he can't produce for a whole game. Redman is a plodder who wouldn't make most teams' roster. Bell is way better than those guys and will prove it running in Haley's system.

TarlsQtr
05-04-2013, 10:28 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1169185/

Yep, every word a lie.

While you are at it, please explain why The Cabana Club's code violations make the owner's claims about Ben inaccurate. (Hint: They do not. You are engaging in yet another logical fallacy.)

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 10:36 PM
I believe Ben is better than he used to be, but he is still cocky/jerk-ish enough that it seems half the team doesn't care much for him. That seems obvious in their body language before each game.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-04-2013, 11:53 PM

so headed to the playoffs with the franchise QB playing at an MVP level before he was injured... im cool with that

LevonKirkland99
05-05-2013, 07:45 AM

I think Haley didn't have the quality players on offense that he had hoped for. Our running backs were not that great, they couldn't do anything besides a flash here and there during the season...the game against the Redskins was one.

JensK
05-05-2013, 07:58 AM
I think Haley didn't have the quality players on offense that he had hoped for. Our running backs were not that great, they couldn't do anything besides a flash here and there during the season...the game against the Redskins was one.

It was pretty evident that the running game suffered greatly from lack of talent and attitude. I doubt that even Shanahan could have done anything productively with our RBs last year. And that is not even factoring in the problematic situation with injuries on the oline.

That said, I think Haley had plenty of talent to work with in offense, which showed in the first half of the season before injuries started to take its toll. Very few teams can overcome losing the franchise QB for a prolonged period of time without suffering. Same goes with the o-line; few teams can keep the o-line playing at a high level if you have to plug in new players all the time.

Furthermore, you cannot fault Haley on dropped passes, fumbles etc. Thats simply not something you can coach your way out of at the NFL level. If the players don't know how to protect the ball when they enter the NFL, they are likely not learning it. Now, some people will come with examples of players who did improve on their ball security, and I'm not claiming that people can't improve, but I do claim that its a fundamental skill which you should expect your players to understand. If you look at some of the fumbles we had late in the season by Sanders and AB, you'll find that the plays were brilliantly drawn and executed. They just decided to throw they ball away afterwards. My point is, you can only do so much as OC (or QB for that matter).

Real Deal Steel
05-05-2013, 09:40 AM
well said.

Crash
05-06-2013, 12:46 PM
so headed to the playoffs with the franchise QB playing at an MVP level before he was injured... im cool with that

Neutering the NFL's premier deep thrower with dink and dunk garbage, too concerned with TOP and resting the defense that got double the money the offense got and not enough priority on big plays and scoring points.

This defense doesn't make plays anymore. The offense HAS to be allowed to score points and attack defenses.

Crash
05-06-2013, 01:02 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1169185/

Yep, every word a lie.

While you are at it, please explain why The Cabana Club's code violations make the owner's claims about Ben inaccurate. (Hint: They do not. You are engaging in yet another logical fallacy.)

Ben's such a bad guy for not paying a $5 cover but he can put hundreds of people's lives at risk by not having a save atmosphere for his customers?

KDKA denied any tape of Ben sans helmet existed. The "source" in SI who says they saw the tape and others? Is John Steigerwald, who admitted on HIS blog that he never saw the tape, and he's also had a bug up his *** about Ben since day one because John is a noted Kordell Stewart apologist and it's driving him crazy that Ben had a HOF career.

The Fox and the Hound bar? ON RECORD, denied the story in SI. Said it wasn't accurate.

Is Ben perfect? NO. But he's not the monster idiots say he is.

I mean it's not like he ran a bar with a convicted drug dealer, got divorced from his wife for cheating on her, and was recently named in a paternity suit.

Oh I forgot, that's Hines Ward, the alleged "leader" of this team when he played for it.

LatrobePA
05-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Seriously digging **** up from 2010?? Get this **** the F out of here man, we're talking about Bell our rookie RB!

Real Deal Steel
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
See..

That's my point. Let's talk about now! Factoring in our new starting RB. Because he is going to be the starter. Haley HAS NO CHOICE but to use him because he is a high draft pick and Rooney is looking! So let's talk about how Haley will use him. I hear he has good hands too.

Crash
05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Rooney won't bash Haley. Haley can do what he wants. He's going to be the next head coach when II either fires Tomlin or Tomlin's had enough and walks away.

steelchamp204
05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Him and Jones will be starters week 1. I really hope they dont get injured during preseason. Thats my big worry with any of the rookies or future guys.

cuatro_tres43
05-11-2013, 01:05 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/5/10/4319178/steelers-draft-picks-leveon-bell-matt-forte-comparison

Bell being compared to a bigger Forte

HUNT4SEVEN
05-11-2013, 09:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=dUABlvazgrM&feature=endscreen I luv the pick can't wait for this new zone blocking scheme, he fits it perfectly....

Real Deal Steel
05-12-2013, 07:04 PM
I've got a question:

Alex Gibbs (arguably one of the top 3 OL coaches in the game) was just sitting out there. He's probably the number one authority on the zone blocking scheme. Why didn't we bring him in?

NeilPatrickBanana
05-13-2013, 09:45 AM
I've got a question:

Alex Gibbs (arguably one of the top 3 OL coaches in the game) was just sitting out there. He's probably the number one authority on the zone blocking scheme. Why didn't we bring him in?

Because he doesn't want to coach anymore... He basically quit on Carrol/Seattles a week before the season started back in 2010, and hasn't coached since. He's old... and doesn't have it in him to coach a season anymore....He's got a cushy "consulting" gig in Denver now

Crash
05-13-2013, 10:16 AM
He doesn't want to travel. If they could play 16 games in one city he'd never quit.