PDA

View Full Version : I"m going on record right now...........

Real Deal Steel
04-29-2013, 04:19 PM
No sense in me waiting around, I say we are going to win the division THIS YEAR! Yep.........look at the schedule. It's set up for us to win 6 out of the first 7 games right out the gate!

On Offense,...with the addition of Bell, we will have a running game to grind out those games when we take a lead on someone now. Bell is the best medicine that Ben can receive in staying upright through the whole season. It's not a coincidence that the last time Ben was really healthy at the end of the year, we had a semblance of a running game.
The offensive line will come through for us this season. We can't go a fourth straight year of being completely ravaged on the O-line. The wide receiving corps will receive a boost from Wheaton and Brown and Plaxico will have a whole off-season to get comfortable and be that big red zone threat we need. Looks like the deepest WR corps we've ever had.

On Defense....we should see an uptick in the pass rush now with Woodley and Jones bringing the pain to opposing QB's. This is going to help the secondary because with the addition of Hawthorne, it will take a minute for the secondary as a unit to get comfortable but with the weak teams of the first three weeks of the season, the secondary will jell to be solid. Thomas will eventually play significantly because Troy is being phased out. Thomas is a thumper so he too will bring pain to receivers coming across the middle.

All in all, I see atleast a 10 to 11 win season. With us laying the smack on the Ratbirds atleast once, maybe twice!

Crash
04-29-2013, 04:38 PM
JFC......The running game isn't why we lose leads people.

WATCH THE %$^&*()p_{ GAME!

coldrolled
04-29-2013, 04:45 PM
We will need to lay the smack on the Bengals. the Ravens have a good chance of battling the Browns for last place.

K Train
04-29-2013, 04:45 PM
No sense in me waiting around, I say we are going to win the division THIS YEAR! Yep.........look at the schedule. It's set up for us to win 6 out of the first 7 games right out the gate!

On Offense,...with the addition of Bell, we will have a running game to grind out those games when we take a lead on someone now. Bell is the best medicine that Ben can receive in staying upright through the whole season. It's not a coincidence that the last time Ben was really healthy at the end of the year, we had a semblance of a running game.
The offensive line will come through for us this season. We can't go a fourth straight year of being completely ravaged on the O-line. The wide receiving corps will receive a boost from Wheaton and Brown and Plaxico will have a whole off-season to get comfortable and be that big red zone threat we need. Looks like the deepest WR corps we've ever had.

On Defense....we should see an uptick in the pass rush now with Woodley and Jones bringing the pain to opposing QB's. This is going to help the secondary because with the addition of Hawthorne, it will take a minute for the secondary as a unit to get comfortable but with the weak teams of the first three weeks of the season, the secondary will jell to be solid. Thomas will eventually play significantly because Troy is being phased out. Thomas is a thumper so he too will bring pain to receivers coming across the middle.

All in all, I see atleast a 10 to 11 win season. With us laying the smack on the Ratbirds atleast once, maybe twice!
Damn a draft sure got you up beat about the team

K Train
04-29-2013, 04:46 PM
JFC......The running game isn't why we lose leads people.

WATCH THE %$^&*()p_{ GAME!
actually, it pretty much is.....

its not the reason they get the leads, but its certainly the reason they lose them..maybe you should watch the game and stop pretending like you know what the **** you are talking about

steelchamp204
04-29-2013, 04:49 PM
I had us going 9-7, sticking to it.

Big T
04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
One good draft and Mr. Doom and Gloom can see the light.

I like it lol.

Crash
04-29-2013, 04:55 PM

its not the reason they get the leads, but its certainly the reason they lose them..maybe you should watch the game and stop pretending like you know what the **** you are talking about

No it isn't.

We lose leads, because this alleged #1 defense, has the uncanny ability to surrender a lead AFTER we take the lead ourselves.

We score, they give the lead right back. It's a term I've labeled "Give back points".

And it happens all the freaking time.

We want to control the clock and rest our defense? Fine. But the problems occur when we score, then they go on the field, and give the points right back.

It's why we missed the playoffs in 2009, and it's why we lost to garbage like Tennessee and Oakland in 2012.

K Train
04-29-2013, 04:57 PM
its a combination for sure, but actually having a less than abysmal running game goes way further than youre giving it credit for...which doesnt surprise me that youd be so naive. Weve never see anything even close to as bad of a running game for the steelers before as last year

Crash
04-29-2013, 05:02 PM
The running backs don't play defense. They have no control over what the defense does right after the Steelers offense scores points.

TarlsQtr
04-29-2013, 05:05 PM
The running backs don't play defense. They have no control over what the defense does right after the Steelers offense scores points.

Actually, they DO play defense in their own way. A good running game shortens the game and allows fewer opportunities for the defense to give up the lead. Far too often, the D will hold, the O would go three and out. The other team gets another opportunity, scores, and then people like you complain about the D.

Real Deal Steel
04-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Damn a draft sure got you up beat about the team

No..I'm reading between the lines. Let me give you an example:

Wheaton has to be significant. Why? AB and Sanders can't carry the laod by themselves and Burress can't seperate like he use to. So, Wheaton is going to get significant snaps.

But that's just an example. Because of the different circumstances we are in, the rookies have to come in and contribute. LeBum has no choice but to allow Hawthorne, Jones and Thomas to contribute. Thomas is going to be in there by week # 3 when Troy leaves because of injuries as usual. This organization is in a different place because of the lack of depth.

You can just see it.

Real Deal Steel
04-29-2013, 05:16 PM
One good draft and Mr. Doom and Gloom can see the light.

I like it lol.

You see it like I do Big T. Who are you fooling? LaBeau and Tomlin have to play the young guys now. They have no choice. And with us getting some early bad teams to get our timing down, we'll be a good to great team by season's end.

Crash
04-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Actually, they DO play defense in their own way. A good running game shortens the game and allows fewer opportunities for the defense to give up the lead.

So the running backs are responsible for the DEFENSE giving up leads AFTER we scored ourselves?

Now I've heard it all.

Far too often, the D will hold, the O would go three and out

Um, no.

Here is why we lose leads, for example in 2009:

The Steelers take the lead at KC with a TD.

The defense goes on the field and gives it back.

The Steelers take the lead against the Raiders.

The Steelers take the lead against the Raiders again.

That was 2009. In 2012? They did the same damn thing at Denver, at Tennessee, and at Oakland.

This bend but don't break crap doesn't work anymore. Our defense is actually the OFFENSE holding the ball.

TarlsQtr
04-29-2013, 05:30 PM
So the running backs are responsible for the DEFENSE giving up leads AFTER we scored ourselves?

Now I've heard it all.

You have only "heard it all" because you said it. I sure did not.

You do a great job of debating yourself...

Crash
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM
You have only "heard it all" because you said it. I sure did not.

You do a great job of debating yourself...

Actually dummy that was your quote.

Only in YinzerBurgh is the offense blamed for the DEFENSE giving back leads.

6 blown 4th quarter leads in 16 games last season. Bruce Arians wasn't there.

When will LeBeau's problems become LeBeau's responsibility?

K Train
04-29-2013, 05:40 PM
No..I'm reading between the lines. Let me give you an example:

Wheaton has to be significant. Why? AB and Sanders can't carry the laod by themselves and Burress can't seperate like he use to. So, Wheaton is going to get significant snaps.

But that's just an example. Because of the different circumstances we are in, the rookies have to come in and contribute. LeBum has no choice but to allow Hawthorne, Jones and Thomas to contribute. Thomas is going to be in there by week # 3 when Troy leaves because of injuries as usual. This organization is in a different place because of the lack of depth.

You can just see it.
Im not disagreeing, its just weird seeing you see the team with a positive view. I almost spit out my coffee when you called them a 10-11 win team. THey definitely are in that caliber of teams.....a backup now so if ben gets hurt maybe they can heal him before asking him to come in and play terribly partially injured, a hopefully improve run game, a talented backup safety, an added dynamic to the passing game, an added factor to the pass game, a year with haleys offense under their belt, a healthy oline full of extremely talented players...theres plenty reason to be optimistic.

also....

i like how crash acts like the steelers defense give up 100000 PPG, sure they disappointed at some inopportune times but as a unit they still play very well. Everything has an impact on everything...if the offense gets better the defense gets better, if the defense gets better the offense gets better, if the special teams return game improves the offense gets better, if the kicking game gets better the defense improves...unless you live in crashes world, then the RBs have to play defense and the LBs have to play QB for them to correlate at all. Id say i feel like im talking to a 5 year old, but 5 year olds have the mental capacity to learn logic and reasoning, crash is stuck in his own little world

TarlsQtr
04-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Actually dummy that was your quote.

Actually, no it was not my quote. My quote is here:

Actually, they DO play defense in their own way. A good running game shortens the game and allows fewer opportunities for the defense to give up the lead. Far too often, the D will hold, the O would go three and out. The other team gets another opportunity, scores, and then people like you complain about the D.

Followed by your comment:

Now I've heard it all.

Your comment is not even in the same ZIP CODE as mine.

Mine points out that there are many instances where the defense holds (sometimes multiple times), the offense goes 3 and out or has a really quick drive (see Bengals game last season), and then y'all complain about the defense when it does not hold the lead or a tie for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time.

NOWHERE in there does it say that the RBs are "responsible" for the D giving up a lead after a Steelers score. Two or three drives after a Steeler score? Possibly.

Only in YinzerBurgh is the offense blamed for the DEFENSE giving back leads.

The problem is that you cannot see the same connection between offense and defense that every Steeler head coach from Noll, to Cowher to Tomlin saw. A fourth quarter running game is critical for consistent success. It shortens the game and keeps the defense from becoming over exposed. The best 4th quarter "defense" is a 7 minute drive based on a strong running attack. This is especially true with all of the great offenses in the league now. You give them enough chances and they will score.

Crash
04-29-2013, 05:50 PM
How can the offense control what the defense does AFTER we score?

Just like in SB XLIII, Ben comes out firing, completes 8 of his first 9 passes and the Steelers score 10 points in two drives.

What does the alleged defense do after we score a TD?

They give up a 81 yard TD drive on their second series to cut our lead to 10-7.

I guess they were tired after one series of work.

And if our offense has to be designed to keep the defense off the field? Then why in the hell are we paying the DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL DOUBLE of what the offense made in 2012?

K Train
04-29-2013, 05:57 PM
you have problems.

its not worth arguing with you, all you do is use one play or one example, hell even using a few losses from last year is too small of a sample size.

Injured QB and constant 3 and outs effects the defense
fumbles and drops by the offense effects the defense
2 injured OLBs with no consistent pass rush effects the defense
An injured star SS all year effects the defense

you cant just say OMG THEY LOST TO THE TITANS AND THE RAIDERS BECAUSE THE DEFENSE GAVE UP POINTZZZZ

i really dont know why i bother responding to you, youre just some crazy bastard somewhere

Real Deal Steel
04-29-2013, 05:59 PM
i like how crash acts like the steelers defense give up 100000 PPG, sure they disappointed at some inopportune times but as a unit they still play very well. Everything has an impact on everything...if the offense gets better the defense gets better, if the defense gets better the offense gets better, if the special teams return game improves the offense gets better, if the kicking game gets better the defense improves...unless you live in crashes world, then the RBs have to play defense and the LBs have to play QB for them to correlate at all. Id say i feel like im talking to a 5 year old, but 5 year olds have the mental capacity to learn logic and reasoning, crash is stuck in his own little world

K

It's painfully obvious to anyone who's read any of Crash's post that he doesn't understand the correlation of how offenses help defenses. In many ways. So, I think we are going to be forced to have to join the many other posters on this site and put Crash on ignore. I hate to do it but he's pushing me to do it with these totally insane statements. I think he's on 5 regular posters "ignore" list and I can see that by the end of this week, He'll probably be on mine. :dunno:

I like to have intelligent and insightful football talk and Crash is in constant violation of that with all these PMS rants and screamings. I think it would be better if none of us comment on things he post....just skip over his post and move to the next poster's post. Because he's bringing nothing to these conversations.

Eventually, when no one talks to him, he'll move on.

Real Deal Steel
04-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Today, 01:35 PM
Crash
This message is hidden because Crash is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

TarlsQtr
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
How can the offense control what the defense does AFTER we score?

Holy crap you are thick. No, when the D is on the field the offense cannot control what the D does. No one argues that. However, there are numerous instances where people complain about the D not holding the lead when they held it 1,2,3, or even 4 drives but the offense did nothing on THEIR drives. When the D finally gives up the lead, you blame the D and Lebeau.

Just like in SB XLIII, Ben comes out firing, completes 8 of his first 9 passes and the Steelers score 10 points in two drives.

What does the alleged defense do after we score a TD?

They give up a 81 yard TD drive on their second series to cut our lead to 10-7.

Yep, you can come up with numerous instances where the other team's offense (who happens to get paid too) scores. Believe it or not, this happens with every D including the 70's Steelers, the Ravens, 1980's Bears, etc.

I guess they were tired after one series of work.

Either that or they were facing a really good offense whose players get paid very well to score points.

Real Deal Steel
04-29-2013, 06:07 PM
This message is hidden because TarlsQtr is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

TarlsQtr
04-29-2013, 06:10 PM
I actually agree with RDS. Life would be a lot simpler with the "Ignore" feature. I think he and ice cream glove fight over the only computer terminal in their mental institution.

Number99
04-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Well gentlemen arguing with crash and/or ice cream fool is like arguing with a 4 yr old. My granddaughter makes more intelligent remarks then these 2.

Real Deal Steel
04-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Well gentlemen arguing with crash and/or ice cream fool is like arguing with a 4 yr old. My granddaughter makes more intelligent remarks then these 2.

Your right. So let's move on from that. How do you guys feel about the up coming season?

ice cream glove
04-29-2013, 07:22 PM
We will need to lay the smack on the Bengals. the Ravens have a good chance of battling the Browns for last place.

The Ravens have responded well to their losses. I don't see them as a losing team this season. They lost some players but they still have some good ones and added some key free agents of their own. I don't see them as contending for another ring but to assume Pgh will be better than them is not prudent. If Harbaugh is a good coach, it will show this year.

ice cream glove
04-29-2013, 07:25 PM
I actually agree with RDS. Life would be a lot simpler with the "Ignore" feature. I think he and ice cream glove fight over the only computer terminal in their mental institution.

This coming from the dude who posts imbecilic, inane things like "Do you want his junk in your trunk." Such brilliant content. I guess intelligent rhetoric is not needed in your line of work.

TarlsQtr
04-29-2013, 07:32 PM
This coming from the dude who posts imbecilic, inane things like "Do you want his junk in your trunk." Such brilliant content. I guess intelligent rhetoric is not needed in your line of work.

Don't you have a world to"shock"?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Crash
04-29-2013, 07:33 PM
you cant just say OMG THEY LOST TO THE TITANS AND THE RAIDERS BECAUSE THE DEFENSE GAVE UP POINTZZZZ

No, they lost to those teams because they gave up points AFTER we scored.

That's why we don't blow teams out, because the defense gives up points after we score rather than force a turnover our a punt that allows our offense a chance to build on that lead.

Constant 3 and outs? Before Ben's injury he was the best 3rd down passer in football and the defense was still swapping scores and blowing 4th quarter leads.

WHAT THREE AND OUTS???????

Damn you people. You care MORE about this defense's rankings than you do about winning games.

Sad.

Crash
04-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Don't whine about injuries to the defense.

Arians had injuries to his OL, his RB, his QB in 2011 and was fired.

Treat LeBeau the same way.

ice cream glove
04-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Don't you have a world to"shock"?

Actually, I do. Today was amazing.

LASVEGASGUY
04-29-2013, 07:57 PM
7-8 going into week 16. Tomlin pulls out all the stops so he doesn't have a losing season. Ben tears an ACL in the last meaningless game and the Landry Jones era is upon us in 2014............................minus "coach cliche."

TarlsQtr
04-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Actually, I do. Today was amazing.

Glad to see that your welfare benefits counselor was so impressed with you Bell pick. I am sure he (or she, I would hate to offend you by not using gender neutral language) made it rain with food stamps.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

connecticutsteel
04-29-2013, 09:07 PM

a ****ing men k-train i think the key will be the o-line if everyone plays up to there talent level bell will look like the bus and ben will have a mvp type season

connecticutsteel
04-29-2013, 09:09 PM
7-8 going into week 16. Tomlin pulls out all the stops so he doesn't have a losing season. Ben tears an ACL in the last meaningless game and the Landry Jones era is upon us in 2014............................minus "coach cliche."

NOT A REAL STEELERS FAN RAVENS TROLL

Crash
04-29-2013, 09:11 PM
So again, how is the running game responsible for losing leads RIGHT AFTER the Steelers offense scores?

I'm still waiting for the explanation.

Yeah, just what we need, another Bus.

That won so much.

ice cream glove
04-29-2013, 09:17 PM
So again, how is the running game responsible for losing leads RIGHT AFTER the Steelers offense scores?

I'm still waiting for the explanation.

Yeah, just what we need, another Bus.

That won so much.

It (team with Bus) won a myriad of div. titles, a Super Bowl etc. Not bad to me.

Crash
04-30-2013, 01:11 AM
It (team with Bus) won a myriad of div. titles, a Super Bowl etc. Not bad to me.

Jerome was a backup in 2005. A glorified mop up man who still almost blew the season all by himself.

Nolrog
04-30-2013, 09:22 AM

Why are you so stuck on scores right after we scored. Tell me how many times that happened?

The point, that you seem to be missing (or ignoring) is that a strong running game helps control the ball during the game, and keeps the other teams offense off the field. Obviously, the RB doesn't play D right after the Steelers score, but the RB contributes to less overall chances for the other team.

Every facet of the game is interlinked. The D helps the O by forcing turn overs and giving them a short field to work with. Th O helps the D by moving the ball into the other teams side and giving them a longer field to work with or scoring and forcing them into playing catch up.

So, yes, the RB can have an impact on how well the defense performs.

JackLambert
04-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Love the optimism. Of course, I don't even think Justin Brown will make the team. If he does he's the 6th WR and leaves us thin elsewhere...

Number99
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Love the optimism. Of course, I don't even think Justin Brown will make the team. If he does he's the 6th WR and leaves us thin elsewhere...

Don't be so sure he would be the 6th. He has as good a shot atm as Plax does. Plax is no lock to make the team. And if he's cut it only costs $65k to the cap. If J. Brown at all shows signs of a non-Sweed, he very well could be the 5th wr.

Crash
04-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Why are you so stuck on scores right after we scored. Tell me how many times that happened?

A ton. To start 2012? 11 times in their first five games (NINE TIMES in the three losses) alone. And, not a surprise, they started the year 2-3 and were one Suisham miss (after the defense gave up a long TD drive following a Steelers score) from starting the year 1-4.

Why am I stuck on it? To prove to people who don't pay attention to the games what the REAL issues are with this team.

The point, that you seem to be missing (or ignoring) is that a strong running game helps control the ball during the game, and keeps the other teams offense off the field. Obviously, the RB doesn't play D right after the Steelers score, but the RB contributes to less overall chances for the other team.

Like the Pats game in 2011? The offense kept the NE offense off the field. Ben and the offense controlled the ball all day.

Ben threw the ball 50 times.

I know some Steelers fans are a bit on the slow side, and it takes a while to catch on to the modern ways of the world, but you CAN control the clock and time of possession with the PASSING game as well.

The D helps the O by forcing turn overs and giving them a short field to work with.

And that doesn't happen nearly enough. So what really happens is our offense takes over on a long field, they chew the clock, go 80 yards and score, and that keeps our defense off the field, but somehow the DEFENSE is getting praise for their "ranking".

Our entire team is flucked up because people care more about defensive rankings rather than winning. From fans to the dimwitted owner who wants to be Jerry Jones.

And the 2012 8-8 season is the result of that.

Big T
04-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Don't be so sure he would be the 6th. He has as good a shot atm as Plax does. Plax is no lock to make the team. And if he's cut it only costs $65k to the cap. If J. Brown at all shows signs of a non-Sweed, he very well could be the 5th wr.

Limas Sweed had some great camps and preaseasons. I've witnessed him firsthand dominate in training camp. My point is, even Sweed didn't show "Sweed signs" a lot during camp.

Real Deal Steel
04-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Yep...camp should be interesting and competitive at the WR position. Brown vs. Burress...the battle of the big wide receivers. Whoever wins that battle will only make us better overall.

Crash
04-30-2013, 12:04 PM
We don't use receivers in this offense.

LASVEGASGUY
04-30-2013, 01:29 PM
NOT A REAL STEELERS FAN RAVENS TROLL

Nope, just can't stand Tomlin.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-30-2013, 01:43 PM
We don't use receivers in this offense.

:facepalm:

Wallace and Brown had a combine 224 targets last year, they both ranked in the top 35 among targets among WRs (#24 & #34)

How many teams had 2 WRs with MORE combined targets? (I'll give you a hint... not many)

TarlsQtr
04-30-2013, 01:47 PM
:facepalm:

Wallace and Brown had a combine 224 targets last year, they both ranked in the top 35 among targets among WRs (#24 & #34)

How many teams had 2 WRs with MORE combined targets? (I'll give you a hint... not many)

But those were ALL screens, don't you know? ;-)

Crash
04-30-2013, 02:07 PM

WR screens, short dink and dunk garbage.

Turned the modern day Terry Bradshaw into Trent Dilfer.

This team will never win a CONFERENCE title with Todd Haley as OC.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-30-2013, 05:18 PM

Oh right, that's not "using" our WRs.... lol

"Reality doesn't fit my conspiracy theory.... i'll just fit it with semantics"

haha... that guy is such a dingleberry

Crash
04-30-2013, 05:22 PM
WR screens are glorified running plays. Arians was flogged for using them.

Haley uses them even more and idiot Yinzers give him a free pass.

Zachintosh66
04-30-2013, 05:40 PM
WR screens, short dink and dunk garbage.

Turned the modern day Terry Bradshaw into Trent Dilfer.

This team will never win a CONFERENCE title with Todd Haley as OC.

Guess you didnt watch the first half of the season when the dink and dunk was working, when the running game was working, when everyone was healthy, when Bens name was being mentioned as a first half of the year "MVP". Oh and we were winning...

But your hated for Haley b/c the OL became desimated with injury and b/c Ben played hurt so the old men didnt have to play and we had 3RBs who are second stringers at best and a disgruntled one trick pony of a diva WR... All Haleys fault

Seems legit...

Zachintosh66
04-30-2013, 05:47 PM

Whens the last time youve installed an offense?

At least you got the "glorified run play" thing right. It is. Get the ball into your playmakers hand as fast as possible. Then your WR has one maybe two guys to deal with... Unlike running the ball up the middle when the RB has 8 to deal with. Makes complete sense not to throw WR screen ever... It will never work... Id never take AB, Wallace or Sanders one on one with any DB... Makes sense...

*rolls eyes*

NeilPatrickBanana
04-30-2013, 05:56 PM

WR screens are passing plays... and they effectively are nothing like running plays. There execution is different, and so is the affect that the play call has on a defense throughout a game.

For the record, Matt Stafford hadplenty of screen passes (49), Drew Brees (44).... the bigger your passing offense is, the more screen plays you will use.... WHY? Because the screen pass brings constant adjustments by a defense. It draws the DBs in, it sets safeties up to bite...

It shows how out of touch you are, when it's completely over your head that the rise in the "modern passing game", is largely because of the screen pass. Which in turn is largely caused by the growth of the YAC receiver. There was a great article in grantland a few years ago, regarding the rise of the "space player"... go look for it, you might learn something

"screen passes are glorified running plays", way to go... you outdid your own ignorance

NeilPatrickBanana
04-30-2013, 06:29 PM
According to ESPN Stats & Information, Matt Ryan completed 62 of 69 screen passes for 495 yards and a league-high six touchdowns.

"glorified running plays"

jeez, look at how they treat their franchise QB, and their all pro wideouts... with all these glorified running plays...

Koeter, replaced Mularkey who had 68 yards on screen plays the previous season... so what's the story? The Screen Pass literally took the Falcons offense to a new level.

Crash
04-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah, let's compare how they treat Ryan to how we treat Ben.

Roddy White, Julio Jones. When were they drafted?

Now compare that to Brown, Sanders, Wallace.

Nolrog
04-30-2013, 07:04 PM

Before the injury, Ben was off to one of his best starts and in the discussion for MVP under Haley.

Crash
04-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Guess you didnt watch the first half of the season when the dink and dunk was working, when the running game was working, when everyone was healthy, when Bens name was being mentioned as a first half of the year "MVP". Oh and we were winning.

Ben on 3rd down was working. Ben made Haley look better than what he was. When Ben was hurt? Haley's ridiculous play-calling continued against the Ravens and Browns. Only difference that time was that Ben wasn't there to save him on 3rd down anymore.

The ONLY time the run game worked all year? Was when injuries forced Lee Trevino to stop rotating his backs so much.

Haley's micromanagement of the offense, is what kills it.

When Leonard Pope is active against Dallas and Cincy, and Plax isn't? Ruins any credibility that Haley and his idiot supporters think he has.

Crash
04-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Before the injury, Ben was off to one of his best starts and in the discussion for MVP under Haley.

His YPA was his second lowest of his career and his length per pass was among the worst in the league.

He was better in 2007, and he was better in 2009.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Ben on 3rd down was working. Ben made Haley look better than what he was. When Ben was hurt? Haley's ridiculous play-calling continued against the Ravens and Browns. Only difference that time was that Ben wasn't there to save him on 3rd down anymore.

The ONLY time the run game worked all year? Was when injuries forced Lee Trevino to stop rotating his backs so much.

Haley's micromanagement of the offense, is what kills it.

When Leonard Pope is active against Dallas and Cincy, and Plax isn't? Ruins any credibility that Haley and his idiot supporters think he has.

Did you choke on all that regurgitation?

Zachintosh66
04-30-2013, 11:37 PM
His YPA was his second lowest of his career and his length per pass was among the worst in the league.

So... He was healthy and winning

Ill take healthy and winning over your fantasy football stats anyday

Crash
05-01-2013, 02:00 AM
So... He was healthy and winning

He was healthy and winning long before Haley got here.

But somehow that wasn't good enough anymore.

When is Art going to tell Troy to tweak HIS game? Troy's hurt more than Ben is.

If Art wants a Trent Dilfer clone behind center? Then Ben has to go.

Not worth the cost to keep him when you can sign a stop gap for $3 mil a year to do the same thing.

Crash
05-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Did you choke on all that regurgitation?

Nope. No need. Facts support me.

While Haley and his minion supporters can choke on the 8-8 season we just had.

coldrolled
05-01-2013, 09:18 AM

Haley told ben to under throw wallace 50 percent of the time?

TarlsQtr
05-01-2013, 09:45 AM

Now you are just being ridiculous. ;-)

He told Wallace to drop the passes and to give a p!$$ poor effort going after the ball. He then told Sanders to fumble everything he caught.

LatrobePA
05-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Now you are just being ridiculous. ;-)

He told Wallace to drop the passes and to give a p!$$ poor effort going after the ball. He then told Sanders to fumble everything he caught.

Conspiracy theory 3 and 4... lol

Number99
05-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Report from ZNN News. Apr. 1 2013

In a chilling discovery offensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers Todd Haley has been found in a secret underground facility in Mt. Washington. Haley is currently at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center being evaluated. He is said to be in stable condition but dehydrated. When authorities contacted Art Rooney II of this rather peculiar discovery Mr. Rooney was said to have stated the following. "I'm not sure what you're talking about Todd is right here. we are in the middle of a meeting."
Now here is where the story takes a wicked twist. Special Agent Harold Hoover of the F.B.I. and his staff then rushed to Heinz Field to see for themselves what Mr. Rooney was talking about. On their arrival of the conference room where the meeting was talking place with Rooney, Haley, Head Coach Mike Tomlin and other members of the Steelers staff a most unbelievable situation developed. Hoover attempted to attract Haley from the room will mild dialogue but Haley protested. When Hoover challenged Haley with the accusation that this Haley might have been an imposter Haley turned violent. He lunged over the conference table and attempted to attack Hoover. Hoover, an F.B.I. veteran of 21 years and descendant of J. Edgar Hoover, drew his firearm and shot Haley. Haley's body lay wounded on the conference room floor but here is where the story gets even weirder. Hoover fired 3 rounds all striking Haley. 2 rounds in the chest and the 3rd piercing the left side of the skull. The shot that hit the head tore away part of his skin which revealed Haley to be something other then, human.
We are trying to confirm this part of the story but we have it from a source in the F.B.I. that the humanoid thought to be Haley that was at the stadium was none other then a Life Model Decoy or L.M.D. Again this news is yet to be confirmed and the F.B.I. has denied that source. We will continue to update this story as more information comes in.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Nope. No need. Facts support me.

While Haley and his minion supporters can choke on the 8-8 season we just had.

you ignore facts that don't fit your barf
you select facts and reference them without context

screen pass data is a perfect example

NeilPatrickBanana
05-01-2013, 01:24 PM
He was healthy and winning long before Haley got here.

But somehow that wasn't good enough anymore.

When is Art going to tell Troy to tweak HIS game? Troy's hurt more than Ben is.

If Art wants a Trent Dilfer clone behind center? Then Ben has to go.

Not worth the cost to keep him when you can sign a stop gap for $3 mil a year to do the same thing.

So when Ben was MVPing the first half of the season and dominating on 3rd down, your excuse was that Ben was making Haley look good.... now you are saying any 3 million dollar "stop gap" QB could do the same thing?

Your narrative has holes galore... but it's fun watching you type the same thing over and over and over

NeilPatrickBanana
05-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah, let's compare how they treat Ryan to how we treat Ben.

Roddy White, Julio Jones. When were they drafted?

Now compare that to Brown, Sanders, Wallace.

ignoring data with straw men... holes holes holes

Crash
05-01-2013, 03:41 PM
So when Ben was MVPing the first half of the season and dominating on 3rd down, your excuse was that Ben was making Haley look good.... now you are saying any 3 million dollar "stop gap" QB could do the same thing?

You mean hand off for two downs and then pass on 3rd? Yes.

Once again, if we insist on this offense? Ben has to go.

Don't waste his talent, kill your cap, and not win by doing things this way.

Trade him for picks, rebuild, and allow him to finish his career with a team that will value him.

Crash
05-01-2013, 03:43 PM

We didn't use Wallace. We rarely threw deep with Wallace.

3rd down on the biggest play of the season and Wallace ran a five yard stop route, and PAULSON was running deep.

If that's Arians? My God he may been shot after that game.

But the Yinzers give Gary Player a free pass because his Daddy worked for the Chief.

Crash
05-01-2013, 03:45 PM
you ignore facts that don't fit your barf
you select facts and reference them without context

screen pass data is a perfect example

Once again, Arians was destroyed for his use of screen passes.

Why is Jack Nicklaus getting a free pass?

Zachintosh66
05-01-2013, 03:51 PM

Once again, if we insist on this offense? Ben has to go.

Don't waste his talent, kill your cap, and not win by doing things this way.

Trade him for picks, rebuild, and allow him to finish his career with a team that will value him.

Crash,
The stuff that works in Madden 13 doesnt work on real life. Video games arent real. You are completely out of your mind. I respect your opinion but disagree with every ounce of my being. Your reaching and grasping for excuses based on your distain of Haley. I fear your happy meal is short some mcnuggets.

So answer me this... What would our record be if BA was still here last year? Better or worse?

Crash
05-01-2013, 03:56 PM
So answer me this... What would our record be if BA was still here last year?

At least 11-5.

I actually agree with Batch, no way do they pay Ben the $55-$60 million to keep him, and like I also said, what gives ANYONE the impression that BEN WANTS to stay and continue to play in this garbage offense?

Zachintosh66
05-01-2013, 04:45 PM
At least 11-5.

I actually agree with Batch, no way do they pay Ben the $55-$60 million to keep him, and like I also said, what gives ANYONE the impression that BEN WANTS to stay and continue to play in this garbage offense?

11-5? Are you serious? That shows right how in touch with reality you really are...

Im not worried about the future right now... Im worried about staying healthy. Landry hasnt played a down yet and hes gonna be the eventual replacement... I dont buy it just yet. Reguardless is Ben stays or wants to stay. Let him actually put on the uniform first. All i ask of Landry is to learn the offense this year.

Crash
05-01-2013, 05:12 PM
11-5? Are you serious? That shows right how in touch with reality you really are...

Of course, because it's not like they didn't have back to back 12 win seasons before they fired him.

Haley's a freaking genius!

You people got everything you wanted: Ben put in his place, fullbacks, commitment to the run, and the evil BA was fired and LeBeau stayed.

8-8.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-01-2013, 05:55 PM

We already proved this false...

Ignore facts, repeat myths, rinse... so predictable our resident clown is

NeilPatrickBanana
05-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Once again, Arians was destroyed for his use of screen passes.

Why is Jack Nicklaus getting a free pass?

I'm not a part of the retard crowd like you... I don't "destroy the OC for using Screen Passes". I have a much more intelligent grasp of play calling and play design. That nonsense about screen passes is for you and retard central to debate in your town square of stupid.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-01-2013, 05:59 PM
At least 11-5.

wait... screen passes only work if Bruce Arians calls them? :lol:

add another hole to the tapestry of stupid hanging around your neck...

NeilPatrickBanana
05-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Of course, because it's not like they didn't have back to back 12 win seasons before they fired him.

Haley's a freaking genius!

You people got everything you wanted: Ben put in his place, fullbacks, commitment to the run, and the evil BA was fired and LeBeau stayed.

8-8.

I didn't want Ben to get injured and miss 3 games, and then play the final 3 clearly injured

What was their record again before that happened?

NeilPatrickBanana
05-01-2013, 06:02 PM
they also ran the ball more, and threw more screen passes under Arians

facts

Raleigh Steel
05-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I thought our defense gave up too many scores after the offense scored was why we lost games.

Now it's cause of the OC? Which is it?

K Train
05-01-2013, 06:10 PM
I didn't want Ben to get injured and miss 3 games, and then play the final 3 clearly injured

6-3 with 2 of those losses by a total of 6 points and ben on 17-4 TD:Int ratio, but you have to take into account that the offensive players dont play defense or something weird like that if you ever want to make sense of anything crash spews out of his ***

Crash
05-01-2013, 06:45 PM

6-3 and the defense gave 4th quarter leads in three of the losses.

That was Arians' fault too, remember?

LeBeau is running out of scapegoats.

Until this organization realizes that scoring points should be the focal point, and not our defense's ranking, expect more 8-8 seasons.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM

Until this organization realizes that scoring points should be the focal point, and not our defense's ranking, expect more 8-8 seasons.

So Haley was leading a 9-0 offense..

Holes holes holes

Raleigh Steel
05-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Arguing with crash is like playing whack-a-mole.

It's Haley's fault...it's lebeaus faults...it's art 2's fault...but it's not Arians fault (he was perfect)...

polamalu43
05-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Can someone tell me how to start my own Thread? Haven't been able to figure it out.

Number99
05-01-2013, 11:18 PM

Because in the last 10 seasons the offense has only been in the top 10 in scoring twice. Both times ranked 9th. Oh and in the last 10 years they won 2 super bowls. Yes one of those #9 seasons was a super bowl the other SB they were ranked 20th. So where's your logic? And have you bought your Browns or Ravens season tickets yet? your not fooling anyone.

Crash
05-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Because in the last 10 seasons the offense has only been in the top 10 in scoring twice.

And why is that?

Because when we get leads we take the air out of the ball and get more concerned with running the ball and chewing clock because by all means we have to protect our defense.

Crash
05-02-2013, 12:53 AM

It's Haley's fault...it's lebeaus faults...it's art 2's fault...but it's not Arians fault (he was perfect)...

Arians had one weakness, his insistence on giving clowns like Spaeth and David Johnson playing time.

When he stuck with his three wides? His offense was dominant.

Let's be honest here, the majority of idiots who hate Arians only hate him because he didn't bow down to the outdated traditions of the past.

When he publicly dismissed the use of a true fullback in his offense is when they hate really began for him.

Number99
05-02-2013, 08:19 AM
And why is that?

Because when we get leads we take the air out of the ball and get more concerned with running the ball and chewing clock because by all means we have to protect our defense.

Those top 10's where under your man crush BA. So again where is your logic?

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 09:14 AM

Lol
Don't forget trent dilfer

Crash
05-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Those top 10's where under your man crush BA. So again where is your logic?

Wrong again genius. The first one was under Whiz. The second one was under Arians.

I don't have a crush on Arians at all. I just think it's hypocritical to praise Haley when he has many of the same, and to an extent, even worse faults than Arians did.

All because Haley's from Pittsburgh and his Daddy worked for the Chief.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Wrong again genius. The first one was under Whiz. The second one was under Arians.

I don't have a crush on Arians at all. I just think it's hypocritical to praise Haley when he has many of the same, and to an extent, even worse faults than Arians did.

I agree with you Crash about how some fans were so quick to throw Arians under the bus but Todd Haley gets a free pass when he calls a terrible game.........

K Train
05-02-2013, 12:43 PM
its a growing process, and his terrible game calling was with a horrible run game and an injured QB, under normal circumstances hes done just fine in the 6-3 start (or 9-0 according to crash, i think)...his run game was much worse than arians ever had. If 5 years down the road haley gets as comfortable as arians he should get the boot too.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2013, 12:56 PM
its a growing process, and his terrible game calling was with a horrible run game and an injured QB, under normal circumstances hes done just fine in the 6-3 start (or 9-0 according to crash, i think)...his run game was much worse than arians ever had. If 5 years down the road haley gets as comfortable as arians he should get the boot too.

I bitched about Todd Haley but he deserves more then 1 season before being fired....You have to understand I have complained about Steelers OC's every year.....Except for Chan Gailey who Kordell had his best season as a QB in 1997.....l

I agree about the running game Ktrain but I hope they're right about Bell or it will be another crap year for the running game....lol

LatrobePA
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
A healthy Ben and the season would of turned out differently... Haley is fine!

KoffeeHobson
05-02-2013, 01:21 PM
The key is keeping Ben upright. Always has been, always will. Need O-line to step up in a big way and let 7 lead us to seven. Whoever totes the rock keeps the defense rested and ready also.
the Ravens will always be our competition, but the Bengals are equipped to make a deep run. I think 11-12 wins is possible.

Crash
05-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Haley's run game was of his own doing.

Let's see, we have a FB, 2 TE's, and a running back lined up almost 9 yards behind the LOS on 3rd and 1.

Maybe they are going to pass!!!!

Um, no, they run, as usual.

And by the time the 9 yard back gets to the LOS the hole is already closed.

His constant rotation also killed the run game. Again, the three best games they had were when injuries forced Happy Gilmore to stop rotating and stick with one guy.

K Train
05-02-2013, 02:08 PM
crash should call all the playzzzzz

Crash
05-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah I should. I'll also put my running backs and receivers in the best position to succeed as well as my franchise HOF QB.

Haley's a joke. The entire NFL knows it minus one idiot who thinks he's Jerry Jones.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Haley's run game was of his own doing.

Not really, since Kirby kept most of Arians Run Calls intact... it takes quite awhile to implement a new offense. The blocking schemes and majority of the running plays were kept from Arians play book.

Surprising someone with your knowledge couldn't plainly see that... oh... right...

You'll see a big difference in the running game this year (from a schematic, play design perspective)

Crash
05-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Prove it was Kirby. Until then shut it.

Let's see, same backs, allegedly same calls, and yet the run game plummeted from the year before.

Can't blame injuries, they OL had them in 2011 also.

Not hard to stop when every ****ing run is the same.

SuperSteelers
05-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm with you Real Deal Steel

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php/37762-My-early-prediction-11-5

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Prove it was Kirby. Until then shut it.

They were the same plays. It's on tape. I know you are more of a box score fan, so you must've missed it. Or were you confused about the role Kirby plays?

Let's see, same backs, allegedly same calls, and yet the run game plummeted from the year before.

Can't blame injuries, they OL had them in 2011 also.

Not hard to stop when every ****ing run is the same.

Same backs? Are you really that daft

Crash
05-02-2013, 06:29 PM
They were the same plays. It's on tape

So you have no proof? Just mouthing off? Got it.

Yeah Todd Haley's going to waltz in here and let Kirby Wilson run the running game. LOL

NeilPatrickBanana
05-02-2013, 07:11 PM
So you have no proof? Just mouthing off? Got it.

No, I have proof.... I submitted it. It's right their in evidence. There's 16 games of it. Hundreds of running plays of evidence. Are you not capable of distinguishing that for yourself?

Yeah Todd Haley's going to waltz in here and let Kirby Wilson run the running game. LOL

yea... that's correct. He's going to let the long established Running Backs coach, continue to implement the long established running game, with players who have long established experience with those plays... while implementing a brand new passing game, with young WRs (1 holding out).

You do realize its much more difficult to implement an entirely new passing game, blocking scheme, and running game at the same time right? and that leaving the blocking scheme and running plays intact, allowed the OC to focus entirely on implementing the new passing game

is this stuff over your heard, i mean...even though you think im wrong (i assure you i am not), does the concept of what Im telling you even register?

Crash
05-02-2013, 07:14 PM
yea... that's correct. He's going to let the long established Running Backs coach, continue to implement the long established running game, with players who have long established experience with those plays... while implementing a brand new passing game, with young WRs (1 holding out).

Proof please? Hold yourself to the same standards you set for others here KY boy.

Crash
05-02-2013, 07:15 PM
You do realize its much more difficult to implement an entirely new passing game, blocking scheme, and running game at the same time right? and that leaving the blocking scheme and running plays intact, allowed the OC to focus entirely on implementing the new passing game

That worked.

8-8.

Number99
05-03-2013, 10:58 AM

Yea I goofed with Wiz. I was never a huge fan of Haley and still hold reservations about him. But it was apparent after 2011 that the Steelers wanted a change at OC. And for that matter so did and overwhelming amount of fans. Whether Haley deserved another chance this year we'll see. But the bashing of LeBeau is silly. And comparing his days in Cincy to his time here is even more ridiculous. But I guess with success really does come ridicule even from a non Steeler fan like you. And sometimes stats don't lie. But stats can be manipulated. But here is a stat that means more then the others. How many current DC's have 2 superbowls as a DC?

Crash
05-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Yea I goofed with Wiz. I was never a huge fan of Haley and still hold reservations about him. But it was apparent after 2011 that the Steelers wanted a change at OC. And for that matter so did and overwhelming amount of fans. Whether Haley deserved another chance this year we'll see. But the bashing of LeBeau is silly. And comparing his days in Cincy to his time here is even more ridiculous. But I guess with success really does come ridicule even from a non Steeler fan like you. And sometimes stats don't lie. But stats can be manipulated. But here is a stat that means more then the others. How many current DC's have 2 superbowls as a DC?

The stats aren't manipulated at all. Especially the 4th quarter stats. They are like that because it's the same thing all the time.

Go watch the 49ers drive in SB XXIII. Then listen to Sam Wyche tell LeBeau to quit playing back. Listen to the Bengals RADIO guys talking about how they hate seeing the prevent.

LeBeau called a great game for three quarters. Then in the 4th quarter he turtled.

Just like he does with the Steelers.

Non Steeler fan? F you. I've FORGOTTEN more about the Steelers, than you'll ever know about them.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 02:19 PM
The stats aren't manipulated at all. Especially the 4th quarter stats. They are like that because it's the same thing all the time.

Go watch the 49ers drive in SB XXIII. Then listen to Sam Wyche tell LeBeau to quit playing back. Listen to the Bengals RADIO guys talking about how they hate seeing the prevent.

LeBeau called a great game for three quarters. Then in the 4th quarter he turtled.

Non Steeler fan? F you. I've FORGOTTEN more about the Steelers, than you'll ever know about them.

And as pointed out to you, Lebeau/Steelers were not playing prevent on that Fitzgerald TD... you might gain a smidgen of respect around here, if you ever acknowledged when you are flat out wrong (which is quite often), instead you pivot, squirm, move the goal postes, etc...

Were the Steelers playing prevent on the Fitzgerald TD late in the 4th quarter?
(We both know you don't have the balls to correct yourself... prove me wrong?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE5-tceg4ZU

Number99
05-03-2013, 04:43 PM

Dude watch yourself seriously. And I'm sure my granddaughter knows more about the Steelers then you.
I'm so glad that comment got under your skin. It seems very easy. And I'm glad your admitting your a Bungals fan.

Crash
05-03-2013, 05:07 PM
And I'm glad your admitting your a Bungals fan.

Are you on crack? Those comments are from the Super Bowl highlights. Readily available for anyone to watch.

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 05:08 PM
And as pointed out to you, Lebeau/Steelers were not playing prevent on that Fitzgerald TD... you might gain a smidgen of respect around here, if you ever acknowledged when you are flat out wrong (which is quite often), instead you pivot, squirm, move the goal postes, etc...

Were the Steelers playing prevent on the Fitzgerald TD late in the 4th quarter?
(We both know you don't have the balls to correct yourself... prove me wrong?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE5-tceg4ZU

:clap:

Crash
05-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Brady's last 4 AFC title games.

94 for 157 for 1000 yards 4 TD 8 Int 65.8 rating.

Boy I hope we keep trying to copy New England. I mean it's not like we haven't more rings since Ben arrived or anything.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Brady's last 4 AFC title games.

94 for 157 for 1000 yards 4 TD 8 Int 65.8 rating.

Boy I hope we keep trying to copy New England. I mean it's not like we haven't more rings since Ben arrived or anything.

you're right... you give yourself credibility when you go down the "Brady, and Peyton, and Eli, and any other QB who ever was referred to as great during Ben's career.... THEY ALL SUCK!!!! Now, watch me selectively pick and choose stats, and ignore anything that doesn't fit my lunatic argument... and obviously, people should lend credence to my arguments because I don't know what a prevent defense is"

Crash
05-03-2013, 05:38 PM
They don't suck. They are overrated.

Peyton is one of the most blatant playoff chokers ever. The ONLY RING he has ever won he threw 3 TD passes and 7 picks, was carried by his defense and his run game. But since his Daddy played on weak Saints teams Peyton gets a free pass.

Eli has two rings, but he's also missed the playoffs 3 times in the last 4 seasons. The Steelers HAVE NEVER gone back to back non-playoff seasons since 2004.

Brady sans Spygate speaks for himself. Not as easy for him since his camera's got taken away.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 05:43 PM
They don't suck. They are overrated.

Peyton is one of the most blatant playoff chokers ever. The ONLY RING he has ever won he threw 3 TD passes and 7 picks, was carried by his defense and his run game. But since his Daddy played on weak Saints teams Peyton gets a free pass.

Eli has two rings, but he's also missed the playoffs 3 times in the last 4 seasons. The Steelers HAVE NEVER gone back to back non-playoff seasons since 2004.

Brady sans Spygate speaks for himself. Not as easy for him since his camera's got taken away.

But, based on your projections... they will miss the playoffs next year... and you'll blame? NOT BEN.... you'll blame OC, Owner, DC, head coach, Oline, playcalling, everything else.... funny, how in your diatribes against the other 3 QBs you never mention ANY of those other factors... none, it all falls on the QB.

you have no consistency, it's why you're the resident mental patient

Crash
05-03-2013, 05:48 PM
We don't use Ben anymore. He's been castrated in this offense. If this is the way they want to play they would be better off trading him for picks before he leaves as a free agent.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 05:49 PM
We don't use Ben anymore. He's been castrated in this offense. If this is the way they want to play they would be better off trading him for picks before he leaves as a free agent.

mental patient comes full circle

Crash
05-03-2013, 05:51 PM
mental patient comes full circle

We'll see what happens when it's time to re-up.

If Haley's still here, Ben won't be.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 05:55 PM
We'll see what happens when it's time to re-up.

If Haley's still here, Ben won't be.

I enjoyed your previous position more... you know before you moved the goalposts.... Ben was going to be moved before next season, remember, at Rooney's insistence... this was all during that time when you thought the running game was being forced down our throats... that was until I pointed out to you that we ran the ball LESS last year, than we had in any of the previous 10 seasons

wait for it....

"SCREEN PASSES!!!"

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:00 PM
The amount doesn't matter. When and how matters more.

Dink and dunk garbage.

8-8.

Use him, or move him.

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Every QB who ever won a Super Bowl besides Ben was lucky or cheated. Only Ben won 2 SBs in a legit way; no one else has. When Ben fails it's EVERYONE else's fault. It's never Ben's fault. If Brady losses it's only his fault. You are such a f---g clown.

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Only Ben won 2 SBs in a legit way; no one else has.

Tom Brady, based on facts, has not.

Sorry fan boy, he just hasn't.

Noticed you ignore the Batch topic now. See what happens when you kids get taught?

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Dink and dunk garbage.

8-8.

Use him, or move him.

6-3 before injury (losses in games you noted that the defense/lebeau choked
on pace to throw 558 passes before injury (that's more than Rodgers)

contrary to your delusion... they used Ben more than ever

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 06:07 PM

Dink and dunk garbage.

8-8.

Use him, or move him.

Yea, let's forget that Ben threw two of the worst, game-losing, season-ending picks I have ever seen to end the season and play off hopes. But none of it was his fault. He couldn't beat Cinci or Dallas with the ball and time to score. Instead, he threw two season-ending picks. Ben is no longer clutch, he is more choke.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Yea, let's forget that Ben threw two of the worst, game-losing, season-ending picks I have ever seen to end the season and play off hopes. But none of it was his fault. He couldn't beat Cinci or Dallas with the ball and time to score. Instead, he threw two season-ending picks. Ben is no longer clutch, he is more choke.

be careful, here comes the intensely stupid argument about running plays from the 50 yd line...

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 06:08 PM

contrary to your delusion... they used Ben more than ever

No, they used him in too many short passes so it doesn't count.

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM

And the second lowest YPA of his career and among the league worst in length per pass.

Like having Seabiscuit pulling a farmer's plow.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
No, they used him in too many short passes so it doesn't count.

dammit!!!! how could i forget the short passes part!

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:10 PM
And the second lowest YPA of his career and among the league worst in length per pass.

Like having Seabiscuit pulling a farmer's plow.

and yet, they were winning (could've been 8-1 if not for 2 epic defensive chokes)... and Ben was in MVP discussion.

It seems you don't actually care about winning, as much as you care about things being done a certain way...

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:11 PM
be careful, here comes the intensely stupid argument about running plays from the 50 yd line...

The play-calling is obvious. You want to run twice from the 50? You want to run twice from the Bengals 38 and the Steelers 45 in must win games? Then Ben has to go.

It's not worth the cost to keep him to be a spare part in the offense.

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:14 PM
It seems you don't actually care about winning, as much as you care about things being done a certain way...

That would be Art II. Which is exactly why we are where we are. Didn't have the balls (or the brains) to dare hold LeBeau responsible for his 4th quarter meltdowns so Arians was fired by the OWNER (not his coach) and the OWNER (and not his head coach) demanded a HOF QB change his game.

Three SBs, 2 rings, and coming off back to back 12 win seasons for the first time in team history. The second greatest era in this EIGHTY YEAR history of this franchise.

And the OWNER decides he wants to be Jerry Jones.

8-8.

And if what I'M told is true? It's only going to get worse.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:17 PM
The play-calling is obvious. You want to run twice from the 50? You want to run twice from the Bengals 38 and the Steelers 45 in must win games? Then Ben has to go.

That's the stupidest deduction any human being has made in regards to football

Any QB on pace to throw 550 times, is not a spare part in the offense

Running the ball situationally is not a condemnation of the QB

Your faith in your belief is impressive though... I wonder what level of football guru it would take to tell you that your an idiot, and have it actually sink in for you...

like if Bill Walsh was like, "Listen Crash... you've laid out the evidence you believe suppports your beliefs... and it turns out that you are in fact completely ignorant of a coherent thought or schematic application regarding football"...

you'd probably think, "nah... this Walsh dude is a clown"

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Serious question: Are you institutionalized? Should you be? Are you allowed to own guns?

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:18 PM
And if what I'M told is true? It's only going to get worse.

You should probably see someone about that... those voices in your head are getting louder

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:21 PM
That's the stupidest deduction any human being has made in regards to football

If you insist on running twice? You can pay accused gang banger Charlie Batch three mil to do the same thing.

Until this owner realizes that not everything they do has to revolve around resting their defense, they aren't going anywhere.

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:22 PM
You should probably see someone about that... those voices in your head are getting louder

You'll see soon enough.

Dan Rooney may be the only one who can stop this. Hopefully he'll put his spoiled brat in his place.

coldrolled
05-03-2013, 06:24 PM
dammit!!!! how could i forget the short passes part!

Short passes?? Ben might actually last 16 games if he threw even more short passes.

We have a team full of short pass WR's... Except for Plax and.......

I wonder what the plan is for this year.... Long Passes LOL

You guys (Crash-Ice) really need training camp to start..... these arguments are really stupid.

Number99
05-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Serious question: Are you institutionalized? Should you be? Are you allowed to own guns?

Don't know about you but I am.

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Short passes?? Ben might actually last 16 games if he threw even more short passes.

No, he won't. He'll last if they don't set him up to get crunched.

Keep putting Heath Miller in the backfield in the shotgun.

That works.

Number99
05-03-2013, 06:28 PM
You'll see soon enough.

Dan Rooney may be the only one who can stop this. Hopefully he'll put his spoiled brat in his place.

Hopefully your meds can stop this. They are over on the shelf next to the washing machine in your mom's basement. Funny place for them too since you wear a diaper.

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Hopefully your meds can stop this. They are over on the shelf next to the washing machine in your mom's basement. Funny place for them too since you wear a diaper.

Keep talking idiot.

Like I said, you'll see soon enough.

If Dan doesn't reign Art in, the Browns will pass us in 2 years.

Number99
05-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Keep talking idiot.

Like I said, you'll see soon enough.

If Dan doesn't reign Art in, the Browns will pass us in 2 years.

Now its us huh?

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Always been us bitch.

Born in bread Pittsburgh fan.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:43 PM
If you insist on running twice? You can pay accused gang banger Charlie Batch three mil to do the same thing.

Until this owner realizes that not everything they do has to revolve around resting their defense, they aren't going anywhere.

To throw the ball 550 times? Lol

One series... Lol

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Rooney : you need to run the ball alot
Haley : do short passes and screens count?

Number99
05-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Always been us bitch.

Simmer down cupcake. Again those meds are in need. please take them don't want you to ruin a keyboard or break a window.

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Rooney : you need to run the ball alot
Haley : do short passes and screens count?

Dinking and dunking with Ben is pointless. He's earned his living, 2 Super Bowl rings, and a HOF jacket throwing vertical.

Sad, Haley let Leftwich and Batch throw deep MORE!

ice cream glove
05-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Always been us bitch.

Maybe that explains you. When you were born in bread, was that traumatic? What kind of bread was it? Wonder Bread? Was it sliced bread? White? Wheat? Still in a bag? I have never heard of anyone who was born in bread; maybe that explains your mental illness.

Crash
05-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

Whatever.

Btw, still no comment from you regarding Homestead's favorite gang banger.

Big surprise.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Dinking and dunking with Ben is pointless. He's earned his living, 2 Super Bowl rings, and a HOF jacket throwing vertical.

Sad, Haley let Leftwich and Batch throw deep MORE!

That first ring is thanks to defense and running game... Doesn't seem fair for you to be allowed to use it in argument, given your history

Crash
05-03-2013, 07:26 PM
That first ring is thanks to defense and running game

The running game was squat for three playoff games. Ben carved up the top three teams in the AFC, and then saved Jerome Bettis' *** from a life time of embarrassment by tackling Nick Harper.

Even in the Super Bowl. Too worried about trying to appease the Bus. Ben saved him at the end of the first half. Didn't save him in the 3rd quarter.

You must be confused. It's PEYTON who owes his lone ring to his defense and running game.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 07:32 PM
The running game was squat for three playoff games. Ben carved up the top three teams in the AFC, and then saved Jerome Bettis' *** from a life time of embarrassment by tackling Nick Harper.

Even in the Super Bowl. Too worried about trying to appease the Bus. Ben saved him at the end of the first half. Didn't save him in the 3rd quarter.

You must be confused. It's PEYTON who owes his lone ring to his defense and running game.

Again showing your infinite bias

Post Ben's stats from the super bowl and then tell us all about how Charlie batch couldn't have won that game.

Come on homer give us more
Laughs

Crash
05-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Post Ben's stats from the super bowl and then tell us all about how Charlie batch couldn't have won that game.

Come on homer give us more
Laughs

Charlie couldn't have gone over the top to score like Ben did. Bettis couldn't, and you think Batch could?

Without that TD? They lose.

Number99
05-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Someone please close this thread. Let crash out of his basement before he breaks a blood vessel.

And Crash piece of advise. Don't eat a sandwich with bread you might hurt yourself, or a relative.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Charlie couldn't have gone over the top to score like Ben did. Bettis couldn't, and you think Batch could?

Without that TD? They lose.

Without a running play they lose... Interesting...

Were you going to post the stats?

HumanPudding
05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
O-line stays healthy and develops some semblance of chemistry. Ben will stay upright and the running game will improve. The running game improves, the PA passing game improves. If the defense stays healthy and actually forces turnovers this year we will be a much better team. Not throwing out any predictions, but you bet your *** I'll be loud and proud week 1.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Glad to see that your welfare benefits counselor was so impressed with you Bell pick. I am sure he (or she, I would hate to offend you by not using gender neutral language) made it rain with food stamps.

I get paid for my opinions. And not for opinions such as how to clean a pool or paint a fence.

ice cream glove
05-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

Whatever.

Btw, still no comment from you regarding Homestead's favorite gang banger.

Big surprise.

Maybe that explains you. When you were born in bread, was that traumatic? What kind of bread was it? Wonder Bread? Was it sliced bread? White? Wheat? Still in a bag? I have never heard of anyone who was born in bread; maybe that explains your mental illness.