PDA

View Full Version : Justin Brown?

ice cream glove
04-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Only a 4.6 WR, but is said to have really quick bursts, just not that high of a top end speed. Used to play for Penn State but transfered to OK. Definitely considered a sleeper, many had him not getting drafted at all. IDK, I would have greatly preferred that we took a chance on Rogers here.

Big T
04-27-2013, 05:43 PM
He's also 6'3

Zachintosh66
04-27-2013, 05:49 PM
hes faster than 4.6... experience returning kicks... can cover kicks as well

here is his HS RIVALS page http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Justin-Brown-65811

last years stats... http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/488945/justin-brown

Real Deal Steel
04-27-2013, 05:50 PM
I read he ran a 4.5

But that's the big WR so Ben has plenty of toys to play with now.

Zachintosh66
04-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Actually had better stats than your boy Patterson

JB: 73 879 12.0 46 5

CP: 46 778 16.9 58 5

K Train
04-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Actually had better stats than your boy Patterson

Big 12 spread offense

Zachintosh66
04-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Big 12 spread offense

yeah, i was being a smart *** :)

ice cream glove
04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Wow, now I am finding that he ran a 4.48 - that is plenty fast enough for a 6-3 guy taken in the 6th round. And I see he left Penn State because of the child molestation crimes. Wow. Now Ben has Brown, Sanders, Wheaton and Justin Brown. He has crazy speed and quickness to utilize and now some good size with this guy. Ben has all the tools he needs now, especially with Bell rushing the ball and catching it out of the back field. As long as the O line comes together, they could be in sweet shape.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brown_justin00.html

LatrobePA
04-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Not every wr needs to be blazing fast. This kid seems like a great pick!

Real Deal Steel
04-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Wow, now I am finding that he ran a 4.48 - that is plenty fast enough for a 6-3 guy taken in the 6th round. And I see he left Penn State because of the child molestation crimes. Wow. Now Ben has Brown, Sanders, Wheaton and Justin Brown. He has crazy speed and quickness to utilize and now some good size with this guy. Ben has all the tools he needs now, especially with Bell rushing the ball and catching it out of the back field. As long as the O line comes together, they could be in sweet shape.

Now your coming around! Our draft is in the top 5.

ice cream glove
04-27-2013, 06:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPm0BjLJk8

SuperSteelers
04-27-2013, 06:46 PM
I read he ran a 4.5

Agree

connecticutsteel
04-27-2013, 06:50 PM
and we got moye who at 6'5 ran 4.5

Steelergolfer59
04-27-2013, 06:50 PM

Is this the same dude talking? Finally saw the grass was greener on the other side!

coach
04-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Now your coming around! Our draft is in the top 5.

I dont watch enough college football to say, but I don't hear any of these talking heads giving us any props for the picks we made. It seemed solid enough, but top 5? I hope you are right.

SuperSteelers
04-27-2013, 06:56 PM
I dont watch enough college football to say, but I don't hear any of these talking heads giving us any props for the picks we made. It seemed solid enough, but top 5? I hope you are right.

They usually save that talk for the teams drafting much higher and those teams that pick the golden can't do no wrong players or the broken players like lattimore.

Real Deal Steel
04-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Your right.

No one is talking about how good our draft is.

NYCsteelersfan
04-27-2013, 07:03 PM
I read he ran a 4.5

Sanders, Brown and two unproven rookies are plenty of toys? You don't actually believe that do you? You're just a very optimistic fan who doesn't like to think of the Steelers as being a bad team until you actually see it, right?

NYCsteelersfan
04-27-2013, 07:07 PM
I read he ran a 4.5

No team ever goes into the draft with a **** poor offense and comes out the other end with a good offense unless they get a sure fire first round offensive weapon like Adrian Peterson or Randy Moss.

A lot of cheerleaders waving their pom poms around here will be in for a rude awakening come September.

Real Deal Steel
04-27-2013, 07:17 PM
No team ever goes into the draft with a **** poor offense and comes out the other end with a good offense unless they get a sure fire first round offensive weapon like Adrian Peterson or Randy Moss.

A lot of cheerleaders waving their pom poms around here will be in for a rude awakening come September.

Jones and Bell are locks dude.

From the stuff I've been reading today about Wherton, he's going to pan out too. So you need to stop being so bitter.

Real Deal Steel
04-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Sanders, Brown and two unproven rookies are plenty of toys? You don't actually believe that do you? You're just a very optimistic fan who doesn't like to think of the Steelers as being a bad team until you actually see it, right?

Bell will be a stud. Wherton too.

Steelergolfer59
04-27-2013, 07:25 PM

We're the steelers. No one respects us haha

NYCsteelersfan
04-27-2013, 07:36 PM
We're the steelers. No one respects us haha

Have you seen the Steelers the last two years? Why would anyone respect us?

SteelCityKid5
04-27-2013, 08:31 PM
I saw him here first hand at Penn State. He was our best receiver. Losing him was a blow. He didnt really do much at Oklahoma but Im guessing its cause the spread. He's not a bad pick up. Nice kid.

coldrolled
04-28-2013, 09:33 AM

Bell catches too.. at 6'1 Haley and Ben will have fun now.