PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Think Will Be MVP Sunday?

Steelerlyn
02-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Do they ever choose a defensive guy for MVP? Receiving a MVP award seems to be pretty much an offensive thing, why? They say that defense wins games, offense sells tickets. Then look at all the Steeler fans you know, many I know wear a jerseys with an offensive player's name, although there are a few who wear defensive player's jerseys, too. :)

House of Steel
02-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Possible they may actually have a defensive MVP, I am going Brian Urlacher.

Captcoolhand
02-03-2007, 09:39 AM
The Bears would have to win before that could happen :yesnod:
:nono: I don't see that Happening

Steelerlyn
02-03-2007, 09:40 AM
He was also one of my choices along with Dester Hester, Rex Grossman (if the right one shows up). It will definitely be a Bears player because they are gonna win. Did you all place your bets in vBookie? If you are new to the site and do not know how to bet your points pm steelerdan43, or any other staff member, they will fix you up.

House of Steel
02-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, Capt, who is your MVP pick going to be? Peyton Manning? I think he is going to have hell coming at him. Chicago Ds is going to carry the Bears right into a Championship. We'll see, bud.

Captcoolhand
02-03-2007, 09:58 AM
God Forbid it be P. Mannings:banging: I see enough stink'n commercials
But I do think it will be an Offence player for the Colts:yesnod:

Steelerlyn - Dexter Jackson was the MVP in SB 37, 2002 And He Played Defence:yesnod:

House of Steel
02-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Joseph Addai????

Blitzburgh55
02-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Peyton Manning
6'5" 240Lbs Rocket Arm

Steelerlyn
02-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Anyone elses predictions are welcome :)

BlitzburghNation
02-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Will win Super,,,,,,,,,, 27 to 20 :dunno:
MVP will be Peyton Manning :clap:

Koopa
02-03-2007, 03:28 PM
i say the trend continues of the last 2 mvp's, and i say harrison will break out of his playoff slump and ends up getting the mvp......... but they'll probably give it to manning out of pity........the colts have this game in the bad.....rex will throw at least 2 int's, and have a fumble or 2..............

DIESELMAN
02-03-2007, 03:54 PM
R. Lewis won it back in 2001, I'm shooting for either Hester or Sanders. Go bears!!!!!

K Train
02-03-2007, 03:55 PM
i dont know, im gonna say urlacher, hester or jones lol

manning will be crying, not hoisting any trophys

DIESELMAN
02-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Heres the breakdown on the MVP:

20 times a quarterback was named Super Bowl MVP.
7 times a running back was named Super Bowl MVP.
5 times a wide receiver was named Super Bowl MVP.
2 times a defensive end was named Super Bowl MVP.
2 times a linebacker was named Super Bowl MVP
2 times a safety was named Super Bowl MVP.
1 time a cornerback was named Super Bowl MVP.
1 time a defensive tackle was named Super Bowl MVP.
1 time a kick returner/punt returner was named Super Bowl MVP.
1 time there were co-MVPs.
1 time a player from the losing team was named MVP-Maybe 2 if Manning can put up some great stats.....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
02-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Do they ever choose a defensive guy for MVP? Receiving a MVP award seems to be pretty much an offensive thing, why? They say that defense wins games, offense sells tickets. Then look at all the Steeler fans you know, many I know wear a jerseys with an offensive player's name, although there are a few who wear defensive player's jerseys, too. :)

Well Lyn, Jake Scott,Chuck Howley,Randy White/Harvey Martin coMVP,
Richard Dent,Larry Brown, Ray Lewis and Dexter Jackson all were Super Bowl MVP's and defensive players.

As for the Super Bowl MVP this year. I'm going with Thomas Jones.

AZ_Steeler
02-03-2007, 04:13 PM
As much as I don't like the guy I'm going to have to say Manning. He has had 3 mediocre playoff games so he is bound to break out of that slump soon. Plus he can control who's getting the TD's so if he can spread the ball around for his TD's then he has pretty much locked himself up for the MVP trophy.

K Train
02-03-2007, 04:19 PM
He has had 3 mediocre playoff games so he is bound to break out of that slump soon.

he has a mediocre playoff career and the pressure doesnt let up in the superbowl, ask ben who had incredible playoffs, manning who sucks in the playoffs will crumble like we've never seen....damn i hope he cries

AZ_Steeler
02-03-2007, 04:22 PM
he has a mediocre playoff career and the pressure doesnt let up in the superbowl, ask ben who had incredible playoffs, manning who sucks in the playoffs will crumble like we've never seen....damn i hope he cries

That's a good point Kyle but I uest feel like Manning has finally reached the ultimate game of his career and he's not going to let it slip away. He's had two weeks to prepare the Bears I really feel like he's going to pick them apart and make us all forget about his playoff woes! We'll see though...

K Train
02-03-2007, 05:37 PM
i really think the bears d is gonna give him a fit, urlacher will take away the TE which he relys on so much to keep the offense opened up, i really think that if the bears stop the run and stop the over the middle stuff to Clark....the colts wont be able to beat them. I think its underrated ho much the colts need dallas clark, and urlacher can and will stop him

OneSteelSoldier
02-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I think Joseph Addai will be MVP. GO COLTS!!!

K Train
02-03-2007, 06:13 PM
all this colt love on a steeler site is sickening....*gag*

Go Bears! Cry Peyton!

Steelerlyn
02-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I think the Bears D will take Manning out. When Manning gets hit, he is done, we all saw that last year in the playoffs.