PDA

View Full Version : Tyrann Mathieu?????

VTSteelerfan
04-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Okay is this guy is still on the board in the third round do we grab him? John Guden thinks he's the sleeper in the whole draftand that he will be a tremendous football player in the NFL.. Under Troy for a year or two.. this could work???

K Train
04-25-2013, 02:51 PM
yes he would be very much worth that pick...hes a dark horse to be a steeler, i could really see it happening

SnakeEyes43
04-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Yes!

But he would get playing time as a rookie because we all know Troy won't last 16 games.

coach
04-25-2013, 03:07 PM
This team wouldn't spend one of its multiple 7th round picks on Taze last year, and has had a number of issues with players off field this past year. I am not saying they shouldn't consider him, but do you really see them pulling the trigger if everyone else has passed on him until our pick in the third?

K Train
04-25-2013, 03:15 PM
taze had some of the worst workouts of all time and was a headcase/lazy. he was only ok for the bengals last year, and he was one of my favorite players ever...he just plummeted so hard

Tyrann failed so many drug tests, but its clear that no one wanted to help him either...he has cleaned himself up, went to rehab, looked good in drills, and passed his drug test at the combine. I know that may not seem like a big deal since he knew he had to pass, but how many times did we see guys fail that test anyway?

Big T
04-25-2013, 03:38 PM
yes he would be very much worth that pick...hes a dark horse to be a steeler, i could really see it happening

Please K, don't get my hopes up like this. I've been trying to tame my man love of Mathieu in an effort to prepare myself for when we pass him over lol.

USMC607
04-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Ha another guy id love to grab... Therefore we wont. Add him to the list with Lattimore

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

TarlsQtr
04-25-2013, 04:21 PM
No dissing Matthieus. I am going to his draft party tonight. ;-)

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/419321_617451161616218_1162586542_n.jpg

ice cream glove
04-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Okay is this guy is still on the board in the third round do we grab him? John Guden thinks he's the sleeper in the whole draftand that he will be a tremendous football player in the NFL.. Under Troy for a year or two.. this could work???

Not if we don't have a running back yet. If we go through rounds 1 and 2 without taking a back, no way do I take the Honey Badger of getting Franklin or Bell. If he's still there in the 4th and we have our RB, than I'd be OK with it.

Goodfrom55
04-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Not if we don't have a running back yet. If we go through rounds 1 and 2 without taking a back, no way do I take the Honey Badger of getting Franklin or Bell. If he's still there in the 4th and we have our RB, than I'd be OK with it.

"I subscribe to that".

UKSTEELER
04-25-2013, 08:06 PM
I think there will be braver teams than us, he'll be gone to someone by the 3rd at least - massive potential at SS - but massive risk too

If he's there in 3 i'd be tempted