PDA

View Full Version : NPB Final 1st Round Mock

NeilPatrickBanana
04-23-2013, 03:53 PM
This is prediction based (although I squeezed hope/preference into #17). Some predictions I believe will be trade down scenarios (ex: Buffalo), but I don't want to muck up the mock with trade downs.

# Team Player Position School
1 KC Luke Joekel OT Texas A&M
2 JAX Dion Jordan DE43 Oregon
3 OAK Star Lotululei DT43 Utah
4 PHI Eric Fisher OT C Michigan
5 DET Dee Milliner CB Alabama
6 CLE Geno Smith QB West Virginia
7 ARI Barkevious Mingo OLB34 LSU
8 BUF Matt Barkley QB USC
9 NYJ Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St
10 TEN Shariff Floyd DT43 Florida
11 SD Chance Warmack OG Alabama
12 MIA Tank Carradine DE43 Florida St
13 NYJ Jarvis Jones OLB34 Georgia
14 CAR Sheldon Richardson DT43 Missouri
15 NO Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
16 STL Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
17 PIT Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee
18 DAL Ezekial Ansah DE43 BYU
19 NYG Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
20 CHI Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
21 CIN Kenny Vacarro SS Cincinnati
22 STL Sylvester Williams DT43 North Carolina
23 MIN Desmond Trufant CB Washington
24 IND Datone Jones DE34 UCLA
25 MIN Arthur Brown WILB Kansas St
26 GB Jonathan Cyprien SS FIU
27 HOU Deandre Hopkins WR Clemson
28 DEN Jamar Taylor CB Boise St
29 NE Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
30 ATL Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
31 SF Eric Reid FS LSU
32 BAL Alec Ogletree WILB Georgia

Goodfrom55
04-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Jets having 2 picks ahead of us with similar needs really screws things up.

Real Deal Steel
04-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Jets are going to take Rhodes. To me, that's a lock pick for them. I think the other pick will be a DE or Linebacker.

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Jets having 2 picks ahead of us with similar needs really screws things up. I could see them going WR with there second pick because Holmes is gone after this season. Also watch out for San Diego and St Louis and wouldn't surprise me if one of them went WR.

Real Deal Steel
04-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Jets do need WR help. No doubt about that. But they also need RB help too. They could easily trade one of those picks down and pick up additional picks....which is what a rebuilding team should do anyway.

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Jets do need WR help. No doubt about that. But they also need RB help too. They could easily trade one of those picks down and pick up additional picks....which is what a rebuilding team should do anyway. That's probably what they should do but with Ryan's ego he doesn't think they are a rebuilding team. I bet he thinks since he is coach they have a legit shot at the SB this year.

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I also see another team besides San Diego and St Louis who could go WR before the Steelers pick. Carolina and Steve Smith is aging and they really don't have much else at WR besides him.

Nolrog
04-23-2013, 06:45 PM

I said the exact same thing to a buddy of mine just yesterday.

There is a chance that the Jets go after a QB, though, none of the QBs really excite me in this year's draft.

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 06:51 PM
I said the exact same thing to a buddy of mine just yesterday.

There is a chance that the Jets go after a QB, though, none of the QBs really excite me in this year's draft. Jets really need a whole new offense QB, RB, Wr and so on and they really went to crap quick after being in the AFC Champ game 3 years back. Add the fact Revis gone to the list.

ice cream glove
04-23-2013, 06:54 PM

Jets desperately need O play makers. They are totally void, other than Holmes. No speed to speak of. Nothing. And they also desperately need a pass rusher. We do have similar needs, but not completely the same. If Fat Boy Woodley comes in 25 lbs lighter, and Worilds continues where he left off, our pass rush needs are not as dire as the Jets. (Those are two big "IFS" but not out of the question.) And, I could see our WR unit to not be in dire straights. Brown will bounce back, Sanders could have his best season ever (contract year) and Plex might have knocked off some of the rust to be a 3-5 catch guy per game again. You could see his legs just were not there last year and he says, after legit camps etc. he expects his football legs to be there this year, and I could see that happening.

ice cream glove
04-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Jets really need a whole new offense QB, RB, Wr and so on and they really went to crap quick after being in the AFC Champ game 3 years back. Add the fact Revis gone to the list.

Do you make anything out of Rex being so much more professional, button downed, etc? I know his weight loss was from the surgery, but he is also much more corporate looking these days. Did Woody give him a little beat down? Rex is who survived the gutting (GM got canned) so I think this is Rex's last shot. If they don't look on the right track he is gone. Endlessly supporting a crappy QB didn't help his cause.

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Do you make anything out of Rex being so much more professional, button downed, etc? I know his weight loss was from the surgery, but he is also much more corporate looking these days. Did Woody give him a little beat down? Rex is who survived the gutting (GM got canned) so I think this is Rex's last shot. If they don't look on the right track he is gone. Endlessly supporting a crappy QB didn't help his cause. I personally think Sanchez will be the nail in the Coffin for Rex. He is not a good quality starting QB. Also they keep Greene way to long and he wasn't a good RB regardless how high they drafted him.

Goodfrom55
04-23-2013, 07:04 PM
I hate the Jets, but with 3 picks in the 1st 45 picks, I go Ansah, Patterson, and Lacy.

Rex has to put his tale between his legs for now because he has done nothing the past 2 seasons. Might also realize his act is getting old.

Anyway, if Ansah is available, I can't see the Steelers passing him up.

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 07:10 PM
I hate the Jets, but with 3 picks in the 1st 45 picks, I go Ansah, Patterson, and Lacy.

Rex has to put his tale between his legs for now because he has done nothing the past 2 seasons. Might also realize his act is getting old.

Anyway, if Ansah is available, I can't see the Steelers passing him up. If not Lacy with that pick then QB.