PDA

View Full Version : What do you need to see from Tomlin this year?

Stone
04-23-2013, 12:27 PM
I needed to get my mind off the draft for a minute.

Regardless of whether you sit in the camp that loves him or hates him, this year is going to be a huge gauge of his head coaching ability. The team appears to be in dis-array, his draft picks are firmly in place, our competition is improving, and the talent on the field is cause for concern. Let's see how he handles it all.

For me, I need to see him get control of the entire team including himself. Stop the hollow chest-thumping, and learn to close out games. Stop the image of locker room unrest, and get people playing like a team.

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 12:30 PM
How about some abbs ?

steelchamp204
04-23-2013, 12:39 PM
I'd like to see the team.

1. Score more points in the 1st quarter(Haley/Tomin)
2. Play hard for 4 quarters
3. Better time managemet(timeouts)
4. eep control of the locker room.

igor0190
04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
I think he needs to grab some of these young guys by the balls and tell them your time is now, or NEVER. Step up and make an impact now because there is nobody in front of you that you can be bottle fed anymore.

Players that come to mind... (Adams, Gilbert, Heyward, Curtis Brown, Cortez, Worilds). Find out exactly what we have with these guys, even if it is painful at times. We don't need another "Keenan Lewis" situation where he figures it out and then leaves.

Keisel, Clark, and Ike are all long in the tooth and someone needs to show they can be the next starters at these positions.

I don't care what Colbert said about draft picks not contributing right away because his job is drafting the best players regardless sometimes if they are NFL ready. Tomlin has to be in Colberts ear that we need an NFL running back who can at least contribute to the backfield IMMEDIATELY. It's the coaching staffs responsibility to get some of these rookies and young players ready for NFL action.

steelers75
04-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Does it really matter? If the Steelers don't win it all, there will be a sizable contingent calling for his head (again) and even if they did win it all, the same contingent would be crediting Cowher with the win and claiming Tomlin was just along for the ride.

Thankfully, the Rooneys run the team and not the fans.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Stop with the stupid cliches.......Those get annoying after awhile and just really **** me off....lol

LatrobePA
04-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Pisses you off then you put a lol, which one is it man? lolololol

I want to see him throw style points out the fn window and the mentality of winning by 1 point. Go out there and keep scoring if you can...

Black@Gold Forever32
04-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Pisses you off then you put a lol, which one is it man? lolololol

I want to see him throw style points out the fn window and the mentality of winning by 1 point. Go out there and keep scoring if you can...

Well his cliches are so stupid they deserve a lol but still it pisses me off when he constantly uses them over and over.....

steelchamp204
04-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Well his cliches are so stupid they deserve a lol but still it pisses me off when he constantly uses them over and over.....

It is what it is :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-23-2013, 02:34 PM
It is what it is :lol:

lol.....thanks for the early start with Tomlin cliches.......

Real Deal Steel
04-23-2013, 02:39 PM
I want him to take a real leadership role. Make decisions that are right but that don't have to be necessarily popular.

LASVEGASGUY
04-23-2013, 03:00 PM

Hopefully "we don't fall below the line" by not "making enough splash plays". "We need everyone on the same page" even "the next man up.".

This locker room "is full of men" and as the "leader of men" it is my job to "unleash hell."

Man, his act is old. We need the next Harbaugh or Carroll because I can't take another year of this ****.

LatrobePA
04-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Hopefully "we don't fall below the line" by not "making enough splash plays". "We need everyone on the same page" even "the next man up.".

This locker room "is full of men" and as the "leader of men" it is my job to "unleash hell."

Man, his act is old. We need the next Harbaugh or Carroll because I can't take another year of this ****.

Vomit!

TarlsQtr
04-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Vomit!

Yeah, but show me a coach (or player) that does not speak almost entirely in cliche and I will show you one that people hate for being outspoken (e.g., a certain Ryan). It is a way of not saying anything controversial.

I do admit though, I wish Tomlin would at least get some new cliches. I can watch his Tuesday press conferences from 2009 and not know the difference.

LatrobePA
04-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but show me a coach (or player) that does not speak almost entirely in cliche and I will show you one that people hate for being outspoken (e.g., a certain Ryan). It is a way of not saying anything controversial.

I do admit though, I wish Tomlin would at least get some new cliches. I can watch his Tuesday press conferences from 2009 and not know the difference.

I do to, his are annoying as hell..

Crash
04-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Tomlin needs Art to quit coaching.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-23-2013, 04:29 PM

You hit the nail on the head man...Its not so much the cliches its the same cliches over and over...GETS OLD.........

steelers75
04-23-2013, 04:53 PM
You hit the nail on the head man...Its not so much the cliches its the same cliches over and over...GETS OLD.........

Not half as old as people constantly bitching about it...

Goodfrom55
04-23-2013, 05:37 PM
As I have said in many posts, Steelers were 6 plays away from a 12-4 record and all they need to do is clean things up, not re-invent the wheel. SO, he just needs to clean a few things up.

Tougher training camp.
Better clock and timeout management.
Better use of challenge flags
More disciplined team (this reflects directly on HC)
Better critical decision making - ex. no 55 yard FG tries against the wind in 4th quarter of tight game.
Overall, better prepared team.

Oh, and whip the **** out of teams that are far below the Steelers (Raiders, Titans, Browns, etc.)

Real Deal Steel
04-23-2013, 05:48 PM
What your asking for is for him to be is a "real" head coach and show leadership.

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Tomlin's clock management is horrible and so was Cowher's and seems they leave there brains in the locker room on game day. That needs to change or there will be 2 or 3 losses during the season because of that alone.

LASVEGASGUY
04-23-2013, 08:03 PM
As I have said in many posts, Steelers were 6 plays away from a 12-4 record and all they need to do is clean things up, not re-invent the wheel. SO, he just needs to clean a few things up.

Tougher training camp.
Better clock and timeout management.
Better use of challenge flags
More disciplined team (this reflects directly on HC)
Better critical decision making - ex. no 55 yard FG tries against the wind in 4th quarter of tight game.
Overall, better prepared team.

Oh, and whip the **** out of teams that are far below the Steelers (Raiders, Titans, Browns, etc.)

Sure you could look at the losses and spin them into wins but how many wins were one play away from losses. In the end we were 7-8 and played all our starters in a meaningless game just so Tomlin didn't have a losing record at 8-8. How may of you wouldn't trade that loss right now to pick 12th instead of 17th? Tomlin can't even throw a game right. This guy is worthless.

steelers75
04-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Sure you could look at the losses and spin them into wins but how many wins were one play away from losses. In the end we were 7-8 and played all our starters in a meaningless game just so Tomlin didn't have a losing record at 8-8. How may of you wouldn't trade that loss right now to pick 12th instead of 17th? Tomlin can't even throw a game right. This guy is worthless.

Do you have an inkling as to how clueless you sound? No, guess not...

MillerTime83
04-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Thank you been saying that since before the last game. We should have threw that game. I honestly think that. Not only would we be looking at 12th instead of 17th , but 42 instead of 48 and so on.

ChucktownSteeler
04-24-2013, 12:21 AM
There is a fine line between drinking the wine and smashing the grapes.

It will take a lot to get the stench of this loss off.

igor0190
04-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Thank you been saying that since before the last game. We should have threw that game. I honestly think that. Not only would we be looking at 12th instead of 17th , but 42 instead of 48 and so on.

The NFL draft should go to a lottery system much like the NHL does to discourage "throwing games".

ice cream glove
04-24-2013, 01:20 AM
:plus1:
Tomlin's clock management is horrible and so was Cowher's and seems they leave there brains in the locker room on game day. That needs to change or there will be 2 or 3 losses during the season because of that alone.

ice cream glove
04-24-2013, 01:22 AM
:plus1:
I want him to take a real leadership role. Make decisions that are right but that don't have to be necessarily popular.

steelers4life66
04-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Vomit!

:barf:

jdehoff83
04-24-2013, 06:16 PM
The NFL draft should go to a lottery system much like the NHL does to discourage "throwing games".

Jets suck