PDA

View Full Version : The Best Case for Steelers

PSYCHO STEELER
04-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Is for a DL like Floyd or Star OR OL Warmack or Cooper to fall. Anything else we should be trading back or just take the TE. I guarantee that's the game plan for the FO.

K Train
04-23-2013, 11:56 AM
i guarantee you are wrong. Floyd has no business in our defense and star is a top 5 player...it would be shocking if he was there, they would sprint to the podium.

I really think Cooper and Warmack are awesome, but they are worst case scenerios....everyone hypes them as the ebst weve seen in the last 20 years but really they are just good guards that are probably going to fall. Fluker is just as good of a guard but no one cares about that. They are not that much better than pouncey, decastro, iupati, and albert as guard prospects.

Eifert is a real possibility, but i doubt hes who they are specifically targeting

Stone
04-23-2013, 12:01 PM
I love it when an average Joe knows exactly how the greatest minds in football are thinking:nono: Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you knew exactly what the Steelers would do, you would have a nice plush office working for them?

K Train
04-23-2013, 12:09 PM
I love it when an average Joe knows exactly how the greatest minds in football are thinking:nono: Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you knew exactly what the Steelers would do, you would have a nice plush office working for them?
well thats the dream, but for now ill just keep doing this with my other job

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 12:11 PM
well thats the dream, but for now ill just keep doing this with my other job You have time for another job ?

Stone
04-23-2013, 12:12 PM
well thats the dream, but for now ill just keep doing this with my other job

:lol: But I was referring to the OP :lol:

JensK
04-23-2013, 12:26 PM

I never ever understood this type of reasoning on an internet forum. Its made for the average Joe to come in at discuss football. It might not be that everyone has the same type of knowledge about the draft as say a Ktrain, or the same kind of being from Denmark as me (>.>) , but that does not mean they should not be entitled to have an opinion as to how Steelers conduct business. If so, a forum such as this would vanish really swiftly.

If we weren't going to discuss thing regarding the Steelers (and in the spirit of the time, the draft), what should we discuss here? Should we just sit down and agree with every single move the FO makes? Holy hell that would be boring like nothing I have ever tried before.

Stone
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I never ever understood this type of reasoning on an internet forum. Its made for the average Joe to come in at discuss football. It might not be that everyone has the same type of knowledge about the draft as say a Ktrain, or the same kind of being from Denmark as me (>.>) , but that does not mean they should not be entitled to have an opinion as to how Steelers conduct business. If so, a forum such as this would vanish really swiftly.

If we weren't going to discuss thing regarding the Steelers (and in the spirit of the time, the draft), what should we discuss here? Should we just sit down and agree with every single move the FO makes? Holy hell that would be boring like nothing I have ever tried before.

I agree completely, we are all entitled to our opinions. It's the guarantees that make me laugh because I'll bet you a case of Iron City that the Steelers FO do not have a definitive game plan themselves which locks them on to a player or trade.

igor0190
04-23-2013, 01:25 PM
I've been here (on this forum) for awhile, and K-Train usually has a pretty good handle on the players in the draft.

I hope both guards are gone just for the reason that I think the Steelers have invested enough in the O-Line in the past couple years and need to see what they have there now. What good is a great line that is blocking for a bunch of scrub RB and WR's... Like really. The NFL isn't ground and pound anymore. We need offensive weapons to score, which right now means we need not just a starting caliber WR and RB in the draft... but we need #1 guys at both positions.

I'm also fairly content with what we have on the D-Line.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Is for a DL like Floyd or Star OR OL Warmack or Cooper to fall. Anything else we should be trading back or just take the TE. I guarantee that's the game plan for the FO.

That would be the absolute worst case.... drafting a linemen for the 5th consecutive year??? idiotic (unless it's Star... who is a top 5 talent)

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 01:42 PM
I've been here (on this forum) for awhile, and K-Train usually has a pretty good handle on the players in the draft.

I hope both guards are gone just for the reason that I think the Steelers have invested enough in the O-Line in the past couple years and need to see what they have there now. What good is a great line that is blocking for a bunch of scrub RB and WR's... Like really. The NFL isn't ground and pound anymore. We need offensive weapons to score, which right now means we need not just a starting caliber WR and RB in the draft... but we need #1 guys at both positions.

I'm also fairly content with what we have on the D-Line. Doesn't matter how good of a RB we have if there are no holes open for him. It doesn't matter how great WR we have if Ben doesn't have time to throw the ball to him. Regardless if we draft a guard or not, one way or another that offense line has to improve or it will be another disappointing season.

PSYCHO STEELER
04-23-2013, 01:44 PM
I agree completely, we are all entitled to our opinions. It's the guarantees that make me laugh because I'll bet you a case of Iron City that the Steelers FO do not have a definitive game plan themselves which locks them on to a player or trade.

ok maybe the guarantee was a little overboard, but your more into to that word than actually understanding of what I am saying. And as far as the Steelers not having a game plan your nuts, you think their just gonna sit there twitling there thumbs saying ok we'll just take the BPA. Of course there's a plan just like last year and a player fell in their laps, (DC). You must unsderstand their gonna have a few players that their gonna have on their list as probably not gonna be their but if so then they jump, thats the players I listed. Also have a list as to what might be there and are they worth the 17th pick or try and trade. So dont be hate-en me I'm on your side. Steelers for Life!!!!!!!

PSYCHO STEELER
04-23-2013, 01:48 PM
That would be the absolute worst case.... drafting a linemen for the 5th consecutive year??? idiotic (unless it's Star... who is a top 5 talent)

DUH!!! I think I listed Star. And Floyd is top 3. Plus if you read the article in Steeler Depot, 4 of our 7 DL contracts expire after this year.

Real Deal Steel
04-23-2013, 02:17 PM

K-Train is "okay". But he goes off track with Patterson. Which shows he has flaws too. :lol:

K Train
04-23-2013, 02:41 PM
wait til patterson is streaking down the sideline week after week breaking ankles in the top 10 highlights

coldrolled
04-23-2013, 04:17 PM
wait til patterson is streaking down the sideline week after week breaking ankles in the top 10 highlights

It will hurt to watch Patterson or Eifert killing it... and one not being a Steeler. add in Hopkins too.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-23-2013, 04:42 PM
DUH!!! I think I listed Star. And Floyd is top 3. Plus if you read the article in Steeler Depot, 4 of our 7 DL contracts expire after this year.

Floyd would be a horrendous pick for the Steelers, not a schematic fit at all. purely a 4-3 DT

McClendon and Heyward are under contract long term.

The expriring contracts of an aging Keisel, and bust in Hood, and 2 fringe players (Woods, Ta'amu)... does not necessitate the investment of another high pick in the D Line...

Fangupo NT 4 yrs
McClendon NT 3 yrs
Heyward DE 2 yrs
Ta'amu NT 1 yr (ERFA)
Hood DE 1 yr
Keisel DE 1 yr
Al Woods 1 yr

NeilPatrickBanana
04-23-2013, 04:43 PM
K-Train is "okay". But he goes off track with Patterson. Which shows he has flaws too. :lol:

which shows his entire perspective isn't fed to him by the internet

ice cream glove
04-23-2013, 05:13 PM

This guarantee is a joke. Pgh could take the best OLB prospect, WR or who knows, even CB. We don't have any idea. The only things we know they won't be taking at 17 is a QB, OC, RB (can get a good one later) or DE. Anything else is possible depending on how they think we are at the other positions, and how highly they rate a player on the board.

BubbyBlister
04-23-2013, 06:15 PM
I agree completely, we are all entitled to our opinions. It's the guarantees that make me laugh because I'll bet you a case of Iron City that the Steelers FO do not have a definitive game plan themselves which locks them on to a player or trade. I think the only year in recent history when the Steelers knew who they wanted is when they drafted Troy. They just wait and see what BVP falls to them each year.

Nolrog
04-23-2013, 06:50 PM
I really think Cooper and Warmack are awesome, but they are worst case scenerios....

I agree, but for slightly different reasons. They may indeed be very good, but there is no need for a starting guard right now. We need depth on the line, without question, but our starting needs are elsewhere.

PSYCHO STEELER
04-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Nobody they draft will start on this team at any position, unless they absolutely shine, like Pouncy did.