PDA

View Full Version : Jamarcus Russell

Rollers
04-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Ok he's looking for a second chance. So what are the possible outcomes? He's lost a ton of weight and has been working out hard to get ready. The knocks on him were that he was lazy, wouldn't work at his craft and didn't have any interest in getting better. Well maybe he grew up. Here's how I see it.

1. You bring him in and he loses more weight, dedicates himself to learning the offense and plays like a guy with a future. We get a relatively sturdy backup to Ben that can throw the ball.

2. He sucks. You signed him for the minimum, with no guarantees. You cut him. The team is known as the team that gave the guy one more chance.

No downside? We're going to sign SOMEONE and we can sign this guy and see what happens. Now I'm not saying I'm for bringing him in. So don't kill me on this. I'm simply suggesting that there might not be a ton of downside to trying him out?

What are your thoughts?

K Train
04-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Russell > Gradkowski

I dont see it happening though. His problem was never throwing the ball, he can do that...it was a horrible team, and a ridiculously rich immature kid on a team that let him fail. Russel made mistakes, but i do kinda feel bad for him. Going to that team and getting that much money was a kiss of death for him because he wasnt worth the #1 pick (Quinn proved he wasnt either) but when you watched this guy you saw a possible top 20 pick, he shredded ND in the sugar bowl and showed he could throw the ball 80 yards from his knees and got drafted much higher than he ever should have and couldnt be the guy they needed him to be

LatrobePA
04-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Just stop it with these threads, it's obvious this team has no desire to get better through FA, lets hope they have a master draft plan!

Rollers
04-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Latrobe they got no money to spend on free agents. That's the issue. We kept guys to long past their prime and we have a ton of money tied up. There will be no big splash signings. The reason this one intrigues me is we just might be able to get this guy for next to nothing. He can throw the ball and he's healthy. I don't believe there was ever a drug or alcohol issue with the guy, but someone might be able to correct me on that, so why not? I mean Spaeth and Gay? Come on. We know what those guys are. Let's take a shot!

coldrolled
04-08-2013, 08:02 AM
I mean Spaeth and Gay? Come on. We know what those guys are. Let's take a shot!

Dont make fun of Spaeth, hes our starting TE.... lol

You guys are talking QB?

Teams with great QB's love a killer TE duo.. Right now Ben has one WR Brown... And some say we need to draft defense first? were screwed... And were talking backup QB... We have Grad... Get McClain in here to with Russell. im lost in all this...

Maybe McClain would help our ILB situation for depth. Whats with all this washed up Raider stuff????

Rollers
04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Dont make fun of Spaeth, hes are starting TE.... lol

You guys are talking QB?

Teams with great QB's love a killer TE duo.. Right now Ben has one WR Brown... And some say we need to draft defense first? were screwed... And were talking backup QB... We have Grad... Get McClain in here to with Russell. im lost in all this...

Maybe McClain would help our ILB situation for depth. Whats with all this washed up Raider stuff????

cold, How does bringing this guy in for a look for almost nothing mean we can't address the other stuff going on? We have Lefty that gets hurt running across a goal line. Batch who is done and nothing else. zip. We need a good backup. The guy we signed is nothing. I wouldn't have a problem with McClain if you're comfortable with whoever that was we signed. I can't recall his name right now. Maybe some of these guys that failed had more to do with who was coaching them? I'm not sure.

ChucktownSteeler
04-08-2013, 08:13 AM
I don't forsee many signings until June 5, if at all. We are to tight against the cap.

LatrobePA
04-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Latrobe they got no money to spend on free agents. That's the issue. We kept guys to long past their prime and we have a ton of money tied up. There will be no big splash signings. The reason this one intrigues me is we just might be able to get this guy for next to nothing. He can throw the ball and he's healthy. I don't believe there was ever a drug or alcohol issue with the guy, but someone might be able to correct me on that, so why not? I mean Spaeth and Gay? Come on. We know what those guys are. Let's take a shot!

So in one sentence you say they have no money then in another you want them to "take a shot", this team has more money then they are leading on to and if they really wanted to snag a player they have the means. This team is just stuck in their ways!

coldrolled
04-08-2013, 11:32 AM
cold, How does bringing this guy in for a look for almost nothing mean we can't address the other stuff going on? We have Lefty that gets hurt running across a goal line. Batch who is done and nothing else. zip. We need a good backup. The guy we signed is nothing. I wouldn't have a problem with McClain if you're comfortable with whoever that was we signed. I can't recall his name right now. Maybe some of these guys that failed had more to do with who was coaching them? I'm not sure.

We have Gradkowski and Batch lefty is gone..

cmerrifield
04-08-2013, 12:08 PM
We have Gradkowski and Batch lefty is gone..

We don't have Batch, he is a ufa.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

coldrolled
04-08-2013, 12:29 PM
We don't have Batch, he is a ufa.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

that means hes back june 4th

LatrobePA
04-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Colbert's statements saying it would be silly to come back this season with the same core of players struck me as OK here comes some moves that would bring FA players in.

Much like Tomlin's raising hell comments it was all bullshit!

Spaeth, Gay, Sly are you fn kidding me?? Oh but wait Spaeth led the league is blocking, bla bla bla, he's awful and should be flipping burgers!

Steelergolfer59
04-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Overrated!

ice cream glove
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't believe there was ever a drug or alcohol issue with the guy,

Actually, yes there was. You don't recall him being arrested for "purple drank?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5356585

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20125806-10391697/jamarcus-russell-im-not-lazy-fat-or-a-junkie/

jdehoff83
04-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Ummmmm no... team is chasing bums ... when i think qb i think dude weighs 300 lbs addicted to cough syrup ... pass

Zachintosh66
04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Russell > Gradkowski

Pfft please. Russell is a joke. Brian St. Pierre > Russell

ice cream glove
04-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Colbert's statements saying it would be silly to come back this season with the same core of players struck me as OK here comes some moves that would bring FA players in.

Much like Tomlin's raising hell comments it was all bullshit!

Spaeth, Gay, Sly are you fn kidding me?? Oh but wait Spaeth led the league is blocking, bla bla bla, he's awful and should be flipping burgers!

With every post I read from you, I always feel like you get it. Their BS doesn't fly with you.

K Train
04-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Pfft please. Russell is a joke. Brian St. Pierre > Russell

thats just not true at all....maybe if you were looking for someone to watch your kids but Russells problem was never throwing the ball, he can do that. Theres really no harm in bringing him in for a shot to compete for a backup job

Rollers
04-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I never said he was worth a big contract or anything else. I guess the cough syrup thing missed me. All I'm saying is take a chance. There's nothing to lose. We have enough money to do this one and he just might pan out. Will he? Probably not. He's more than likely washed up. But when was the last time the Steelers found a QB that surprised anyone. Ben was drafted high. Just saying take a shot and if he's awful say good bye. Done

K Train
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
if someone like ben was drafted to the raiders and given $60 million he probably would have failed too

coldrolled
04-08-2013, 10:43 PM
I never said he was worth a big contract or anything else. I guess the cough syrup thing missed me. All I'm saying is take a chance. There's nothing to lose. We have enough money to do this one and he just might pan out. Will he? Probably not. He's more than likely washed up. But when was the last time the Steelers found a QB that surprised anyone. Ben was drafted high. Just saying take a shot and if he's awful say good bye. Done

We cant do that with McClain?? We really need an ILB for Depth.

Nolrog
04-09-2013, 07:41 AM
LOL. Jamarcus Russel. Was this posted April 1st?