PDA

View Full Version : Ravens, Steelers appear to be in Dwight Freeney chase

SuperSteelers
03-22-2013, 11:34 AM
The Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers are two teams that are on the radar for free agent defensive end/linebacker Dwight Freeney.

In addition to the Denver Broncos, who were looking at Freeney and John Abraham as defensive end possibilities in the event that Elvis Dumervil leaves, the two AFC North rivals are monitoring Freeney as well, per a source with knowledge of the situation.

The interesting thing about that is that both the Steelers and Ravens have had major cap issues this off-season and now are beginning the process of reassembling the pieces. Also, Freeney had been a 4-3 end his whole career up until last year when the Colts switched to a 3-4, making him a linebacker.

With either Pittsburgh or Baltimore, Freeney would be a 3-4 outside linebacker.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

I think the Steelers should pass on this one as well. I don't think he has anything left in the tank.

Real Deal Steel
03-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Steelers are interested?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure they are. :rolleyes:

K Train
03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
hes not too great in a 34, but our dline is better than the colts was hed actually probably play pretty well on either side.

I would hope getting freeney for 2 years wouldnt prevent them from drafting the heir though

steelchamp204
03-22-2013, 12:31 PM
I highly doubt it.

LatrobePA
03-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Won't happen!

coldrolled
03-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Harrison knows our system.. we'll wait...

BubbyBlister
03-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Harrison knows our system.. we'll wait... Yep this is just smoke screen and they know Farrior will be coming out of retirement.

Goodfrom55
03-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Harrison knows our system.. we'll wait...

Suddenly that 30 percent paycut the Steelers wanted him to take isn't looking so bad.
The way the STeelers bring everyone back, never say never.

ChucktownSteeler
03-22-2013, 08:53 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

jdehoff83
03-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Bring harrison back i dont wanna see one of these other jokers on the team... not freeney, not elvis, just deebo... draft someone good to groom... sign him two yrs and retire him a steeler... tired of this bs

Omicron
03-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Pass on Freeney

BstripeYpaint
03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Isn't there someone who can persuade James to come back?

coldrolled
03-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Isn't there someone who can persuade James to come back?

No other offers will persuade him to look back. Or a cheap offer that we beat by a few thousand $.

Steelergolfer59
03-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Bring harrison back i dont wanna see one of these other jokers on the team... not freeney, not elvis, just deebo... draft someone good to groom... sign him two yrs and retire him a steeler... tired of this bs

Agreed ^^^^

polamalu43
03-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Me too...........love the guy. He signifies our team toughness.

It would sure make my day. I am very surprised another team is not touching him. He still has gas in the tank.

coldrolled
03-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Me too...........love the guy. He signifies our team toughness.

It would sure make my day. I am very surprised another team is not touching him. He still has gas in the tank.

6 sacks worth? If he comes back cheap you let Worilds start

Zachintosh66
03-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I think the staff has convinced itself that Worilds can do the job... Regardless your opinion on that issue. I dont expect them to bring anyone in or james back.

Starting to question if they will even draft someone or just roll with Worilds and Carter.

coldrolled
03-23-2013, 11:07 AM
I think the staff has convinced itself that Worilds can do the job... Regardless your opinion on that issue. I dont expect them to bring anyone in or james back.

Starting to question if they will even draft someone or just roll with Worilds and Carter.

I hope #1 Eifert for Ben and #2 Barret Jones in the second. and Ball in the 3rd... a WR in the 4th...

Clevelandsux
03-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Ain't gonna happen.

Real Deal Steel
03-23-2013, 02:09 PM
I understand everyone's feelings for Harrison. I have them too. But at some point, at some time, we've got to move on.

tburg68
03-23-2013, 04:41 PM
I hope #1 Eifert for Ben and #2 Barret Jones in the second. and Ball in the 3rd... a WR in the 4th...

This would make me very happy.

Zachintosh66
03-23-2013, 05:20 PM
I understand everyone's feelings for Harrison. I have them too. But at some point, at some time, we've got to move on.

this...

jdehoff83
03-23-2013, 10:36 PM

Thats ok if you have someone to step up..and honestly i dont see it.. could it change with more playing time? Sure but why talk to guys that have miles demand same money and know nothing about the system?

Clevelandsux
03-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Harrison agent said that the Steelers are not interested in resigning him. As far as free agents, the Steelers have made some big signings over the years. Bettis was the biggest. Then there was Kevin Greene, will wolford, James Farrior, Ryan Clark.

Zachintosh66
03-26-2013, 07:00 PM
its funny to see everyone bitch were too old and we dont play the young guys quicker... then everyone is up in arms when they show their confidence in a young guy and let and old guy go...

BubbyBlister
03-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Harrison agent said that the Steelers are not interested in resigning him. As far as free agents, the Steelers have made some big signings over the years. Bettis was the biggest. Then there was Kevin Greene, will wolford, James Farrior, Ryan Clark. Kevin Greene was pretty darn big signing and compares to Bettis. Greene is among the top 5 all time leaders for most sacks.

BubbyBlister
03-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Last I read the Steelers are not interested in Harrison and are moving on. They still however are interested in Freeney but it's hard not seeing him joining his old buddy Peyton in Denver.

Rhyno
03-26-2013, 09:44 PM
its funny to see everyone bitch were too old and we dont play the young guys quicker... then everyone is up in arms when they show their confidence in a young guy and let and old guy go...

LOLOL. Excellent point.

coldrolled
03-26-2013, 10:18 PM

Ditto...

Real Deal Steel
03-26-2013, 11:01 PM

Exactly. It's time to see what we have. Do I have a big gulp in my throat about it?? Yes! But no guts, no glory. It's Woirlds time to shine or stink at the LB position.

LatrobePA
03-26-2013, 11:24 PM
I predict JW will make some people eat crow!