PDA

View Full Version : Favre is coming back for 2007

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2007, 01:15 PM
KFFL Breaking News
Favre to return in 2007

ESPNews reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre will return to play in the 2007 season.

Looks like the iron man of the NFL has decided the Packers will do enough to help him out to stick around for another year. Atleast he didnt wait till training camp to decide this time :lol:

Captcoolhand
02-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't know if this is a good thing or not but I'm sure Aaron Rogers is getting tired of being B/u:yesnod:

DIESELMAN
02-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Veteran quarterback Brett Favre made it official today by telling a Mississippi newspaper that he plans to return to the Green Bay Packers for the 2007 season.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/39/391229.jpg

Favre will return for his 17th season in the National Football League, 16th with Green Bay. The quarterback informed the Green Bay Packers this morning, then spoke with a reporter from the Sun Herald in Biloxi, Miss.
"I am so excited about coming back," Favre told the newspaper. "We have a good nucleus of young players. We were 8-8 last year and that's encouraging.

"My offensive line looks good, the defense played good down the stretch. I'm excited about playing for a talented young football team."

“Brett Favre informed me this morning that he plans to return for a 17th NFL season," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said in a statement released by the Packers. "The Packers are excited by his decision and look forward to a successful 2007 campaign."

The league's only three-time MVP, Favre, 37, last left the field in an emotional scene in Chicago after leading the Packers to a victory over the Bears to finish the season 8-8.

Favre has started 257 consecutive games, including the playoffs, an NFL record for quarterbacks. He broke Dan Marino's record for career completions (4,967) in 2006 and is closing in on Marino's marks for career touchdown passes (420) and yards passing (61,361). Last year, Favre completed 56 percent of his passes, throwing for 18 touchdowns and 18 interceptions.

By playing another season, Favre can break a few more major NFL records. He needs seven more touchdown passes to break Dan Marino's NFL mark of 420 career touchdown passes, and 3,862 passing yards to surpass Marino's 61,361 (Favre had 18 touchdown passes and 3,885 passing yards in 2006). He also needs just two more victories to pass John Elway and become the winningest quarterback ever.
I've always liked Favre, he'll have a better team this year then last year. I hope he takes the Pack to the playoffs for what will more then likely be his last season.

AZ_Steeler
02-02-2007, 01:46 PM
It's too early for this news... usually we need to wait until the start of training camp :dunno: I've been a Favre fan and I would like to see him break some of Marino's records to be perfectly honest :D

Ambridge
02-02-2007, 03:38 PM
It's too early for this news... usually we need to wait until the start of training camp :dunno:

Yeah! I'm actually stunned.

I figured Brett would drag his feet like normal and have 5 or 6 pressers between now and the start of training camp debating whether he's going to play or not.

I'm not a big Brett Favre fan but he didn't look quite so bad this past year as he did during '05 season.

big d
02-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I think you will see the packers have a very busy offseason with a couple big acquisitions.

Koopa
02-02-2007, 04:15 PM
i hate favre lol.....but i respect him, and i'm glad he's coming back....... watching him play this year you could tell he has at least one more year left possibly even 2....... rodgers was a product of the system, he was trained by the same person that trained harrington and carr........ the packers probably pray every night that favre doesn't retire until they have a shot at a legit qb lol............

BB2W
02-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Good news... I don't want to see him go. :redcool:

Blitzburgh55
02-02-2007, 06:05 PM
In 20 years
Breaking new Farve coming back for the 2027 year

House of Steel
02-02-2007, 10:35 PM
I am excited for the Packers fan to see that Brett Favre will be coming back for his 17th season. I had the honor of seeing him play at Lambeau back in 1995 when the Packers were one of the hottest teams in the NFL. He is turly a gifted athlete and a great model for the NFL.

OneSteelSoldier
02-03-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm actually happy that he will be coming back next season. Last season I thought that he should have retired, so that the Pack could start rebuilding.