PDA

View Full Version : Rolando McClain

Thomas_43
03-20-2013, 06:20 PM
I saw a report yesterday that the Oakland Raiders have given McClain permission to seek a trade, and if he can't attract one, that he will be released.

Now I know McClain is a head case, but as I recall he was a very talented prospect out of Alabama. I am guessing this guy could be had for a 7th round pick. The Raiders don't want him. Might be worth a shot to have him play behind Foote and see if he has the common sense to keep his head straight.

Thoughts?

Crash
03-20-2013, 07:04 PM
I do it. Tomlin really liked him.

SnakeEyes43
03-20-2013, 08:19 PM
This was discussed in an earlier thread, but I say give him a sit down and physical at least. No harm in that.

coldrolled
03-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Reed is going to the Texans, Ravens are done...

We have a great opportunity.. We only need to sign 2 backup players one at olb and ilb draft the rest...

We have Dave Johnson and Spaeth.. We can win this...

Steelergolfer59
03-20-2013, 09:28 PM
He's worth a shot. And if we could get him for a 7th round that wouldn't be bad. Worse case scenario he screws up we cut him and we only lost a 7th round pick.

K Train
03-20-2013, 09:34 PM
hes just a little too alabama back woods thug for us. He wont let go of the hood...

Dude beat a guy and stuck a gun against his head and fired it off to blow out his ear drum lol

would be a stud in our defense though, he and timmons are good compliments

LatrobePA
03-20-2013, 09:51 PM
If the Raiders are dumping a player you can damn well bet the ****er is defective! I'd pass!!

jdehoff83
03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=LatrobePA;542251]If the Raiders are dumping a player you can damn well bet the ****er is defective! I'd pass!![QUOTE]

Agree

K Train
03-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Raiders are dumping due to horrible cap management and massive over payments to players over the last 6 years....not that van dyke was particularly good but we gave him a shot. Mcclain, Huff, and DHB are all decent players that would fit well with us and all start over guys like sanders/cotchery, foote, and whoever is backing up troy when hes put on IR...that and hes significantly better than ryan clark, how do people not get that? lol

The offense has gaping holes at RB, WR, TE but the defense has a gaping hole at OLB and just about every single (except timmons) other position on defense could use a slight to significant upgrade or get younger. The defensive unit holds it together pretty well, but if one or two players could be permanently upgraded they may go back to being really good and not just good on the stat sheet. Seems like its the same guys year after year and when draft picks like lewis move on and other guys that were drafted cant step up, maybe its time to go get some young guys that werent good fits on other teams like mcclain, who would be much better in a 34.

The thought of mcclain over foote, is a big upgrade even if its just a little upgrade

Another guy, not as high profile would be Alex Carrington, hes a horrible fit for buffalo at DE and he cant get time at DT with dareus and kyle williams there.

SuperSteelers
03-21-2013, 12:20 AM
If the Raiders are dumping a player you can damn well bet the ****er is defective! I'd pass!!

This^

Mike Tomlin
03-21-2013, 01:04 AM
He's worth atleast a look.

coldrolled
03-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Pick up McdClain and Dumervil Draft the 1st 4 rounds offense and make Ben a champ...

USMC607
03-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Lol ur so silly... but that would be awesome altho as long as mcclain continues to wanna live the hood life i dont really want him.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

LatrobePA
03-21-2013, 09:57 AM
This team has made it clear they're not interested in playing too much in the FA market. I'm done getting my hopes up! Now's the time to add a few pcs and really go out and take back the division from the Ravens...

Real Deal Steel
03-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Add picks???? Again....we are talking Kevin Colbert here. Hahahahahaha

Zachintosh66
03-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Ill pass. How many time have we had this discussion?

acero
03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
This^

he is patriots material

Big T
03-21-2013, 12:01 PM
This team has made it clear they're not interested in playing too much in the FA market. I'm done getting my hopes up! Now's the time to add a few pcs and really go out and take back the division from the Ravens...

I'm not sure why you would have your hopes up to begin with. Every Steeler fan knows (or at least should know) that the Steelers are never players in Free agency. This year they were more cap strapped than they've been in a long time... They're not players in FA when they have money, why would they be when they don't?

LatrobePA
03-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Fn Colbert got me pumped with his season ending comments.

LASVEGASGUY
03-21-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure why you would have your hopes up to begin with. Every Steeler fan knows (or at least should know) that the Steelers are never players in Free agency. This year they were more cap strapped than they've been in a long time... They're not players in FA when they have money, why would they be when they don't?

That's true. However, we were drafting much better under Cowher. We totally suck under Tomlin. We either need to hit 3 homeruns in a row the next 3 drafts or we have to become major players in free agency to fix this team.

SHANlibrarian
03-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Steeler Program Featuring Chuck Finder!

April 24 from 6:30 to 8:15
Steelers Tailgate Party, followed by lecture and book signing
Calling all Steelers fans! Come to Peters Township Public Library to meet Chuck Finder, author of The Steelers Encyclopedia. Chuck Finder was a sportswriter and columnist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 25 years covering the Steelers in Super Bowls XXX, XL, and XLIII. He will be sharing Steelers history through first-hand accounts! To “kick off” this special event we will be having a Tailgate Party IN THE LIBRARY! There will be lots of fun for the whole family! Call the library to learn more and register for this event!

coldrolled
03-21-2013, 12:54 PM
That's true. However, we were drafting much better under Cowher. We totally suck under Tomlin. We either need to hit 3 homeruns in a row the next 3 drafts or we have to become major players in free agency to fix this team.

Ditto. FA is needed this year for sure... We draft seven maybe 2 will play. We need 4 or 5 upgrades fast.

Steelergolfer59
03-21-2013, 01:22 PM
I could be over exaggerating here but I saw if we don't get it done within the next three years I say blow this team up including coach and GM and start fresh with a QB. I mean don't get me wrong I love Ben and the team. But maybe it's time for a change. I HATE when I hear announcers say "they need to get back to Steeler football" meaning run it. That was back in the day. We need to evolve with the game and I thought we were with Ben but they still somehow find a way to run it. I mean how many times have we seen them drive down the field throwing like crazy and moving the ball than we get to about the 30 and it's run, run, incomplete, field goal. It pisses me off. I'm kind of going off but we need a change whether its draft or FA. And it needs to happen within a couple years. Who knows maybe that's what the Rat Birds are doing. Blowing the team up and starting fresh. Building for the future instead of the present.

K Train
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
I could be over exaggerating here but I saw if we don't get it done within the next three years I say blow this team up including coach and GM and start fresh with a QB. I mean don't get me wrong I love Ben and the team. But maybe it's time for a change. I HATE when I hear announcers say "they need to get back to Steeler football" meaning run it. That was back in the day. We need to evolve with the game and I thought we were with Ben but they still somehow find a way to run it. I mean how many times have we seen them drive down the field throwing like crazy and moving the ball than we get to about the 30 and it's run, run, incomplete, field goal. It pisses me off. I'm kind of going off but we need a change whether its draft or FA. And it needs to happen within a couple years. Who knows maybe that's what the Rat Birds are doing. Blowing the team up and starting fresh. Building for the future instead of the present.

3 superbowl appearances in 8 years and you want to blow the team up after 2 down-ish seasons? in the last 13 years theres been the patriots (5), colts (2), ravens (2), steelers(3), and raiders(1) as the AFC representative in the superbowl...do you know how many teams would KILL for that kind of success......such a spoiled, overly dramatic fan base we have. Franchise QB in the prime of his career, foundation of a top oline, and a defense constantly in the top 5 in stats.

Some things need tweaking, some pieces need upgrading, some players need to be outed but blowing the team up is insane, we arent even flirting with being on the cusp of that type of mentality

Steelergolfer59
03-21-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm not talking right away. I'm saying give it 2-3 years and if it stays like this or gets worse why not take a different direction?

LatrobePA
03-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Article I just read:

THURSDAY, MARCH 21, 2013

The sky is not falling
Fans tend to look at things in a vacuum. They are so intent on what's going on with their favorite team that they don't look around at what's happening with everyone else.

And that's what we've had the past couple of weeks with the Steelers, who have released Willie Colon and James Harrison and lost Mike Wallace and Keenan Lewis in free agency.

Depending on who you listen to, the Steelers are looking at having the first-overall pick in next year's draft to being so bad that everyone in the front office and on the coaching staff will be fired.

But when you look at what's happened to the Steelers - none of which was a surprise - it pales in comparison with what's going on in Baltimore.

With Ed Reed's signing with Houston Wednesday, the Ravens are now down eight starters. Eight!

And we're not even close to being done with free agency at this point.

Cincinnati, despite having a ton of salary cap space, has lost linebacker Manny Lawson without making any significant upgrades.

Meanwhile in Cleveland, the Browns have been active in free agency, but are still lacking in the most important position on the field, quarterback.

The bottom line is that nothing happens in a vacuum. And there will be other moves made both in free agency and in the draft.

There's several months for things to play out, including the all-important draft.

Dale Lolley at 12:33 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment
Links to this post
Create a Link

Big T
03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
3 superbowl appearances in 8 years and you want to blow the team up after 2 down-ish seasons? in the last 13 years theres been the patriots (5), colts (2), ravens (2), steelers(3), and raiders(1) as the AFC representative in the superbowl...do you know how many teams would KILL for that kind of success......such a spoiled, overly dramatic fan base we have. Franchise QB in the prime of his career, foundation of a top oline, and a defense constantly in the top 5 in stats.

Some things need tweaking, some pieces need upgrading, some players need to be outed but blowing the team up is insane, we arent even flirting with being on the cusp of that type of mentality

You need to take the Steelers colored glasses off. This team is clearly the lowest of the low in the NFL. THE bottomfeeder . We have a FO, GM, and headcoach that have never proven the ability to field a competitive team or, God forbid, win football games. This team will never, ever be a contender. Ever...

People like you can't see this because you have the audacity to be a reasonable, realistic, knowledgable fan...

Smdh...

LatrobePA
03-21-2013, 02:09 PM
What does SMDH mean?

K Train
03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
sheesh my dick hurts

or shakin my damn head....either one, its up for interpretation

LatrobePA
03-21-2013, 02:27 PM
sheesh my dick hurts

or shakin my damn head....either one, its up for interpretation

Thanks!

Steelergolfer59
03-21-2013, 06:43 PM
This is getting weird...

steelchamp204
03-22-2013, 12:31 AM
Why not bring him into camp? Just see what the kid has left. Maybe he needs new scenary. Dont sign him for a lot and see what he has to offer. Everyone though Asumough would be golden as an Eagle and look how he turned out for them, Maybe it could be vice-verso for McClain., I dont know, Im an optimist and had a pretty damn good day lol

connecticutsteel
03-22-2013, 01:19 AM
You need to take the Steelers colored glasses off. This team is clearly the lowest of the low in the NFL. THE bottomfeeder . We have a FO, GM, and headcoach that have never proven the ability to field a competitive team or, God forbid, win football games. This team will never, ever be a contender. Ever...

People like you can't see this because you have the audacity to be a reasonable, realistic, knowledgable fan...

Smdh...

Colbert was responsible for 2 superbowl teams with 2 head coaches the Steelers regular season record since he has been GM is 127-64-1 and 12-5 since 2000 in the playoffs including 2 super bowls hardly bottom feeders

K Train
03-22-2013, 03:42 AM
Colbert was responsible for 2 superbowl teams with 2 head coaches the Steelers regular season record since he has been GM is 127-64-1 and 12-5 since 2000 in the playoffs including 2 super bowls hardly bottom feeders

please see the sarcasm oozing out of that post

Real Deal Steel
03-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Love it.

Love how guys justify current bad behavior by spouting off stuff in the past. Again...I don't care about the electricity bill you paid in 2008. If you don't pay the electricity bill in 2013, guess what happens???

Colbert is not getting the job done NOW! Bad drafting like Ziggy Hood as of late is what's going on NOW! And when you don't use free agency, it magnifies the problem. You can't afford numerous misses when your franchise doesn't use free agency.

We have massive talent shortages all around this team now. At WR, at LB, at DT, at RB, at CB, at SS, and the O-line players (like Adams) are suspect. And your going to talk about what Colbert did 6 years ago?? Please. With all the talent shortages I just laid out, what has he done lately????????

Real Deal Steel
03-22-2013, 10:19 AM
And he can't even hold on to the marginally talented players like Mendenhall and Wallace. And this is right NOW!! Not what he did in some draft 6-7 years ago.

Raleigh Steel
03-22-2013, 10:36 AM
out of curiosity, who should the steelers have drafted instead of ziggy hood?

don't get me wrong, hood sucks, but there aren't any superstars that we passed on to draft hood.

USMC607
03-22-2013, 11:11 AM

don't get me wrong, hood sucks, but there aren't any superstars that we passed on to draft hood.

Ugh... i just checked just to see myself and my word 2009 was a subpar draft in general. I agree we didnt really pass up nething great in place of him.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

cmerrifield
03-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Love it.

Love how guys justify current bad behavior by spouting off stuff in the past. Again...I don't care about the electricity bill you paid in 2008. If you don't pay the electricity bill in 2013, guess what happens???

Colbert is not getting the job done NOW! Bad drafting like Ziggy Hood as of late is what's going on NOW! And when you don't use free agency, it magnifies the problem. You can't afford numerous misses when your franchise doesn't use free agency.

We have massive talent shortages all around this team now. At WR, at LB, at DT, at RB, at CB, at SS, and the O-line players (like Adams) are suspect. And your going to talk about what Colbert did 6 years ago?? Please. With all the talent shortages I just laid out, what has he done lately????????

I love that we can't use the past drafts in favor of Colbert, but you can use it to complain. Hood was a long time ago, so go pay your current electricity bill now. Colbert gives the HC some freedom in drafting and Tomlin had a learning curve. So sure 08 and 09 were bad, but our drafts are getting better. So lets just see what happens this year and see if the upward trend continues

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
03-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Hood was used because he sat so long on the bench (another issue unto itself) that it spills over into the now catagory. Next time, take everything into account instead of just isolating what you want.

And you say we didn't pass up anything good? Really? Patrick Chung, Phil Loadholt, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith.....do you think we could have used those guys?

cmerrifield
03-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Hood was used because he sat so long on the bench (another issue unto itself) that it spills over into the now catagory. Next time, take everything into account instead of just isolating what you want.

And you say we didn't pass up anything good? Really? Patrick Chung, Phil Loadholt, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith.....do you think we could have used those guys?

Hood played right away. Smith was put on IR two years in a row. He started 9 games year two and 14 games year three and played in every game his rookie year.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Big T
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM

There you go again showing your ignorance and supplying your own "facts" to support your argument. Not only did Hood play in every game his rookie year, he got increased playing time when Aaron Smith was put on IR after week 5. Smith went down again in week 6 in 2010, with Hood replacing him as the starter (Smith didn't play the rest of the regular season). In 2011, Smith was AGAIN placed on IR, this time after only 4 weeks and replaced by Hood.

He sat on the bench for so long? Really?

K Train
03-22-2013, 12:23 PM
And he can't even hold on to the marginally talented players like Mendenhall and Wallace. And this is right NOW!! Not what he did in some draft 6-7 years ago.
they wouldnt sign burress long term back in 05, wouldnt sign nate washington, wouldnt sign holmes...this isnt new, its infuriating to see talented #1 WRs walk out of here year after year (washington isnt in that category, neither is Randle el but both went on to get paid)

ive thought about this a lot...i probably would have taken maualuga or darius butler myself. Butler failed in NE, but CBs go there to die so who knows.

I have always hated hood, but there just wasnt much to work with either

classic hindsight. None of those guys were worth a first round pick. MAYBE loadholt. Kruger sucks against the run and was only good last season, sean smith is ok, chung is just another patriot safety that cant cover.

Hood barely sat on the bench, i ****ing wish he was on the bench

steelchamp204
03-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Can we focus on title please. Start another Colbert thread if you guys want to argue.