PDA

View Full Version : Casey Hampton

Steelergolfer59
03-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Not that it matters because I prefer McClendon. But does anyone know of anything about Hampton or what they are planning on doing with him. I know he's a free agent but do they have intentions of resigning him or what?

K Train
03-19-2013, 11:49 AM
they better not

LatrobePA
03-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Last reported he got stuck in the doorway entering a jolly pirates donut shop, it's been weeks and he's still there... Not looking good!

Steelergolfer59
03-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Last reported he got stuck in the doorway entering a jolly pirates donut shop, it's been weeks and he's still there... Not looking good!

Hahaha that's great and it wouldn't surprise me one bit

JollyRob68
03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Can we please move forward and allow the younger stars to step up & Shine. Same goes for Harrison please move on and don't bring back. If succeed or fail for Worilds, no need to look over his shoulder at Harrison. Victor Butler as competition yes, iThe future is Now.

coldrolled
03-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Like Spaeth and Johnson and Gay... Geeezz..

TarlsQtr
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
This is news to me but, "They are expected to re-sign two others starters who are unrestricted free agents -- tackle Max Starks and nose tackle Casey Hampton."

And on ZBS: "We'll lean on the strength of our guys. It's something we're going to explore. But we're not going to move too far from what the guys are capable of doing."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-to-steelers-critics-see-you-in-the-fall-679961/#ixzz2O0lDkRNH

LatrobePA
03-19-2013, 02:39 PM
This is news to me but, "They are expected to re-sign two others starters who are unrestricted free agents -- tackle Max Starks and nose tackle Casey Hampton."

And on ZBS: "We'll lean on the strength of our guys. It's something we're going to explore. But we're not going to move too far from what the guys are capable of doing."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-to-steelers-critics-see-you-in-the-fall-679961/#ixzz2O0lDkRNH

I'm OK with Max but dammit it's time to move on from Hampton, damn enough is enough!

JackLambert
03-19-2013, 02:41 PM
I'd love to have Starks back. If they keep McLendon, draft an NT high, and bring back Snack for very cheap, just for depth, that's fine.

coldrolled
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
ditto

I'm OK with Max but dammit it's time to move on from Hampton, damn enough is enough!

SteelCityKid5
03-19-2013, 02:44 PM
I would prefer McClendon starting at NT next year. I really like him.

LatrobePA
03-19-2013, 02:49 PM
I would prefer McClendon starting at NT next year. I really like him.

Same here, he showed some great flashes.

K Train
03-19-2013, 03:03 PM
hampton needs to go, the blind commitment they have to him is getting ridiculous. When we all thought he was done a few years ago he had a heroic comeback and played lights out for a few more seasons, which is impressive considering players of that size dont just gradually decline they virtually fall off the map. Hes been a great player, hes a hall of fame caliber talent even though he probably wont ever get in....but his time here is done.

Mcclendon, woods, fangupu, taamu, hood...someone needs to emerge

TarlsQtr
03-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Agreed. Starks has been a very good tackle for us. The OL always needs depth and having Starks, Adams, and Gilbert among the tackles gives us a very good chance of having two quality ones ready in September.

I am not nearly as down on Hampton as most. He has been a great Steeler for most of his career. It is his time to go, but the idiot we drafted last year may make it necessary to keep Hampton for at least one more season. In fact, signing him back this year would signal to me that they do not plan on having Taamu available.

Steelergolfer59
03-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Starks would be great for depth and to help Gilbert grow up. Starks played all 16 games last season. Ben was sacked 30 times last season. Not sure how many came from the blindside but I don't remember that many. But like I said they need to let Hampton go. Let these young guys do something.

K Train
03-19-2013, 03:30 PM
starks played very well last season....i think weve all been hard on starks, mostly because of the ridiculous contract he got a few years ago and the transisition tag fiasco, but hes a damn good player

hampton used to be so explosive off the snap, even if it doesnt look like it theres a lot of raw force in a 350+ pound man with his physical strength comin at you at that speed, even if its just such a short distance between him and his blockers..hes lost that

LatrobePA
03-19-2013, 03:46 PM
I seen Casey get put on his back more then once this past season. If Tomlin could plug him in as a pure back up that's cool, but he has a hard time with the vets vs young.

Real Deal Steel
03-19-2013, 04:59 PM
If they bring back Hampton, that will be a sign that they really are not trying to put a competitive team on the field this season.

LatrobePA
03-19-2013, 05:02 PM
If they bring back Hampton, that will be a sign that they really are not trying to put a competitive team on the field this season.

The way Colbert talked there wasn't a franchise player on the team and they'd be silly to come back this year with the same crew and expect different results! Hmmmm! So explain why we keep bringing back old scrubs?

NeilPatrickBanana
03-19-2013, 05:41 PM

I can only imagine what other idiotic "signs" you see in your daily life...

USMC607
03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
The way Colbert talked there wasn't a franchise player on the team and they'd be silly to come back this year with the same crew and expect different results! Hmmmm! So explain why we keep bringing back old scrubs?

Ive been saying that all along.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

connecticutsteel
03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
i can't see them taking Hamp back we are loaded at NT Hood can play nose , McLendon, TA'AMU, Fangupo.

polamalu43
03-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Please no Hampton......they have run out of helmuts for this guy. Can only imagine what he will look like in a few years out of football. I say about 450lbs

JackLambert
03-20-2013, 10:41 AM
i can't see them taking Hamp back we are loaded at NT Hood can play nose , McLendon, TA'AMU, Fangupo.
Loaded in the sense that there are bodies at the position. Much as I like McClendon... IMO the Steelers desperately need a good NT. I think Hood is a DE and TA/Fang haven't proven anything. I'd love for Sanders and Starks to come back so, outside of RB, they could focus on drafting all D players.

Steelergolfer59
03-20-2013, 11:27 AM

I could very well be mistaking, but I thought we released Ta'amu back in December.

K Train
03-20-2013, 11:41 AM
hes on the PS i believe

Nolrog
03-20-2013, 11:42 AM
I could very well be mistaking, but I thought we released Ta'amu back in December.

They released him but signed him to the practice squad when he cleared waivers.

TarlsQtr
03-20-2013, 12:06 PM
They released him but signed him to the practice squad when he cleared waivers.

The problem is whether he will be playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers or Mean Machine. Unless he was already able to somehow get this adjudicated in a beneficial manner, the latter is a definite possibility.

K Train
03-20-2013, 12:11 PM
that one incident really has people thinking taamu is just the scum of the earth....hes not nor has he ever been a bad guy. He had a really bad night belligerently drunk. That doesnt mean he cant still play football and that doesnt mean its a recurring thing. He seemed remorseful and doesnt have a history of this

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I agree.

TarlsQtr
03-20-2013, 04:14 PM
that one incident really has people thinking taamu is just the scum of the earth....hes not nor has he ever been a bad guy. He had a really bad night belligerently drunk. That doesnt mean he cant still play football and that doesnt mean its a recurring thing. He seemed remorseful and doesnt have a history of this

I have to disagree there. A 22 year old getting drunk and driving happens. Fleeing at high speed, hitting several cars, injuring a woman, and swerving towards uniformed police officers on foot so that they have to dive out of the way is another. "Scum of the earth" may be a little extreme but his actions were a lot worse than some we have been outraged towards if the player was on another team, like the Bengals.

In fact, the defense sounds a lot like Rams fans who originally defended Leonard Little. I am not saying Taamu would do it again (I do not know), but just that the defense sounds familiar.

Crash
03-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Alameda also had a DUI incident while in college.

Call a cab.

Hell the NFLPA, the NFL, AND the Steelers all provide a free service for players who may have had too many.

All they have to do is pick up the phone.