PDA

View Full Version : well lets not get too excited but....bradshaw

acero
03-17-2013, 06:35 PM
you know cause we seldom sign free agents but this news just came up

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/17/steelers-packers-interested-in-ahmad-bradshaw/

thoughts...

BstripeYpaint
03-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Bradshaw is friggin awesome, but those wheels! His ankles have sustained some trauma. I hope he's beyond those injuries. He's a great back.

Steelergolfer59
03-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Wouldn't mind it. Wouldn't mind it one bit! Could help fill our need at RB. Yes he has issues with injuries but he wouldn't be playing every snap.

ChucktownSteeler
03-17-2013, 07:35 PM
This doesn't excite me.

Yawn.............

jdehoff83
03-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Unless he is workin for cheap... id say draft someone. Bradshaw and wells both got triple a on speed dial for their busted wheels

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 03:41 AM
First Wells, now this. The embarrassment continues...............

USMC607
03-18-2013, 04:26 AM
You mean breaston, then wells, now this...

I guess i get it tho... the steelers r probably looking at injured guyz hoping they pass the physical and sign cheap because of their injury issues then we get low risk high reward. But unfortunately they all are TOO injured

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

K Train
03-18-2013, 09:43 AM
i dont get what the problem is, hes not a good back for fantasy football but he is very well rounded in his game

86WARD
03-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Wouldn't mind him at all.

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 09:57 AM
i dont get what the problem is, hes not a good back for fantasy football but he is very well rounded in his game

People bitching (me too) about no signings then bitching about them looking at a player?? I'd be happy with this player!

TarlsQtr
03-18-2013, 10:45 AM
People bitching (me too) about no signings then bitching about them looking at a player?? I'd be happy with this player!

He is undoubtedly an upgrade over the Dwyer/Redman juggernaut.The thought of those two being our main backs again makes me throw up in my mouth.

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 10:47 AM
He is undoubtedly an upgrade over the Dwyer/Redman juggernaut.The thought of those two being our main backs again makes me throw up in my mouth.

Terrible, Redman is awful, Dwyer is OK for maybe 10 carries a game, anything more and he'll tap out.

Big T
03-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Terrible, Redman is awful, Dwyer is OK for maybe 10 carries a game, anything more and he'll tap out.

With 5 tap outs in between. I've never seen a player continuously take himself out of the game every two plays like he did last year.

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 12:13 PM
With 5 tap outs in between. I've never seen a player continuously take himself out of the game every two plays like he did last year.

We're talking a paid pro football player doing this! WTF?

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 12:13 PM
You guys are funny. You obviously havent' watched Bradshaw the last three years. Every year he's done because of his feet. And you talk about Dwyer tapping out? Gzzzz.

Atleast Dwyer has the opportunity to come into camp in shape and fix that problem. But Bradshaw can't fix those bad feet. He'll tap out at the end of the season, every season because bad feet are just bad feet. LOL.

Big T
03-18-2013, 12:20 PM
2012, over 1000 yards on 4.6 yards a carry, in 14 games on his "bad feet"... I'll take that over "I just ran for three yards... ISAAC!!! Get the stretcher homie... I'm hyperventilating!!!"

At least Dwyer has the opportunity to come into camp in shape? Ya because he didn't have that opportunity in 2010. Or 2011... Or 2012.

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Big T

I"ll be the first to admit that Dwyer didn't put in the work his first year. Second year he got hurt. Last year he was decent considering the play of the O-line. But atleast he showed up and didn't quit on the team like the guy you love..Mike Wallace. Anything........ANYTHING..........is better then a quitter and a tanker.

I'm not giving big money to a RB who will only carry the ball a max of 15 times a game because of bad feet. I'd rather draft one then do that. There is a reason the Giants have moved on from him.

K Train
03-18-2013, 12:30 PM
i dont know who said anything about big money, ahmad bradshaw is not going to command big money

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Well, if he plays for 2.75 cent a game, I"m all in.

TarlsQtr
03-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Big T

I"ll be the first to admit that Dwyer didn't put in the work his first year. Second year he got hurt. Last year he was decent considering the play of the O-line.

In other words, he has done nothing in 3 years to make us believe he is a suitable feature back.

But atleast he showed up and didn't quit on the team like the guy you love..Mike Wallace. Anything........ANYTHING..........is better then a quitter and a tanker.

100 percent red herring and nothing else. That Wallace "quit" is completely irrelevant to whether Dwyer has shown himself to be a feature back or if he is any better than Bradshaw.

I'm not giving big money to a RB who will only carry the ball a max of 15 times a game because of bad feet. I'd rather draft one then do that. There is a reason the Giants have moved on from him.

A straw man. No one is arguing that we should give Bradshaw "big money." If the Steelers did, everyone here would be just as critical.

TarlsQtr
03-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Well, if he plays for 2.75 cent a game, I"m all in.

And if Bradshaw would only play for 3 cents, you would rather go with Dwyer?

Too funny.

TarlsQtr
03-18-2013, 01:07 PM
I would be willing to kick the tires on Felix Jones too. Still better than Redman/Dwyer.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-18-2013, 01:13 PM
I would be willing to kick the tires on Felix Jones too. Still better than Redman/Dwyer.

same here... i'd prefer Bradshaw though

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 01:15 PM

My "pet" gerbils run harder then Red and Dwyer!

TarlsQtr
03-18-2013, 01:18 PM
My "pet" gerbils run harder then Red and Dwyer!

So you made it over to the "adult" store I see? LOL

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 01:18 PM
I understand everyone's frustrations with the running game. But I"d like to get the O-line together and in real playing condition also. They go hand in hand.

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 01:19 PM
So you made it over to the "adult" store I see? LOL

"yes" sir! lol

TarlsQtr
03-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I understand everyone's frustrations with the running game. But I"d like to get the O-line together and in real playing condition also. They go hand in hand.

Regardless of how bad the O-line is (and I agree it WAS bad), you do not have to run like you are worried about breaking a dozen eggs being carried in your pants.

If they played pool, I would have to spot them 2 balls each.

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Regardless of how bad the O-line is (and I agree it WAS bad), you do not have to run like you are worried about breaking a dozen eggs being carried in your pants.

If they played pool, I would have to spot them 2 balls each.

Just two?

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 01:46 PM
What I find hilarious is that Woodley comes out of shape, plays like crap. But he gets a free pass. Dwyer (being the type of running back that depends on the O-line more) gets hammered when the parts around him are defective.

I'm not bashing Redman or Dwyer just yet because the O-line and it's run blocking is ineffective..to say the least. Do I think we can upgrade at the position? Yeah. But we could have upgraded over Bettis too all those years. But we didn't. Bettis was good enough.

But I too agree that Dwyer needs to come into camp with atleast 25 pounds knocked off his frame.

K Train
03-18-2013, 01:47 PM
woodley came in to camp in great shape last season...it was the nagging injuries last year, not the overweight (at least not initially)

BubbyBlister
03-18-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm all for them signing Bradshaw but still think the future starter needs to be drafted this year. 3rd feels about right! Ps. if they do sign him can we get him to wear number 12 ?

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 02:38 PM
woodley came in to camp in great shape last season...it was the nagging injuries last year, not the overweight (at least not initially)

And Dwyer didn't get injured during the season? Exactly my point. Woodley gets a pass. Before injury one, Woodley was ineffective. Why? Because he wasn't in shape. His own teammate said it. And other teammates chastised the whistle blower for saying things that he should have kept "in house".

Big T
03-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Woodley gets a free pass? You must not read this board as often as I thought. Woodley came into camp in the best shape he's been in while. He got hurt and then his weight became an issue. Everyone (outside of me and maybe a couple others) have been bashing the **** out of him for months.

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Woodley will be fine it's the other side that worries the **** out of me!

TarlsQtr
03-18-2013, 02:56 PM
And Dwyer didn't get injured during the season? Exactly my point. Woodley gets a pass. Before injury one, Woodley was ineffective. Why? Because he wasn't in shape. His own teammate said it. And other teammates chastised the whistle blower for saying things that he should have kept "in house".

But Woodley has at least delivered in the past, more than Dwyer can say. And for the record, that is no defense of Woodley. Playing well, getting the big contract, and then getting a little soft happens. It should not, but does. Coming into camp out of shape when you have never done anything of notoriety is a far bigger warning flag.

Big T
03-18-2013, 03:00 PM
But Woodley has at least delivered in the past, more than Dwyer can say. And for the record, that is no defense of Woodley. Playing well, getting the big contract, and then getting a little soft happens. It should not, but does. Coming into camp out of shape when you have never done anything of notoriety is a far bigger warning flag.

This.

SuperSteelers
03-18-2013, 06:36 PM
This doesn't excite me.

Yawn.............

This^

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 07:20 PM
I agree Woodley has delivered in the past. No doubt. In a biiiig way. But I"m not a slave to the past. I don't care about the water bill that got paid last month; if you don't pay the water bill THIS MONTH, guess what? They turn it off! And you can't say, " Well I paid the water all the previous 38 months"..they don't care.

Let's get the O-line together. Then, let's see what shape Dwyer comes in. Then we can assess. But if the FO managed to get Lacey somehow in this draft, I"d get behind it 120 percent too. But there is waaaaaaaaay too little talk about the O-line and the conditioning aspect of it. I just don't believe an O-line that gets wiped out three years in a row is a coincidence.

K Train
03-18-2013, 07:29 PM
I agree Woodley has delivered in the past. No doubt. In a biiiig way. But I"m not a slave to the past. I don't care about the water bill that got paid last month; if you don't pay the water bill THIS MONTH, guess what? They turn it off! And you can't say, " Well I paid the water all the previous 38 months"..they don't care.

Let's get the O-line together. Then, let's see what shape Dwyer comes in. Then we can assess. But if the FO managed to get Lacey somehow in this draft, I"d get behind it 120 percent too. But there is waaaaaaaaay too little talk about the O-line and the conditioning aspect of it. I just don't believe an O-line that gets wiped out three years in a row is a coincidence.
now that i think about it you are backpedalling a little bit...well a lot.

Last year you were so for dwyer and how uber talented he was and was going to clearly rise above the pack as the best back and just be dominant....now you still are kind of saying that but we have to "assess the oline" first lol

Dwyer is ok, ive always liked him, but hes come below where i had him pegged by now. Hes not even above guys like shonn greene as a starter and i wouldnt take greene if they gave him to us for free, RB needs to be upgraded, the oline will be able to block for a better back. No we dont have an oline that can make any RB look good, but we definitely dont have an oline that is gonna make a good back look bad.

Redman is just as terrible as hes always been...funny to see how the board and fanbase in general has turned against that bum...you know who you are

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm not backpedeling at all. My personal feeling is that Dwyer is a stud.

But I'm commenting based on the line of thinking that's been expressed by the last few posters. Bettis wasn't always in the best of shape be he was good enough to get the job done. I think 75 percent of our running the ball problems were the o-line. But I get how the majority want to blame the RB. Don't agree with it; but I understand the line of thinking.

Goodfrom55
03-18-2013, 08:31 PM
I believe the Steelers can find their horse in the draft. Bradshaw is a capable runner, but I'm just not feeling it - sorry.

I for one, can't wait to see this line play and hopefully stay healthy. Will be interesting to watch them execute a ZBS.
Only question mark IMO is who plays LG, Beachum or Foster?

Goodfrom55
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Biggest problem running the ball last season was the Steelers had no one with enough burst to get outside the tackle box. 90% of our runs were between the tackles. Much easier to defend when the defense only has to go from hash to hash in lieu of sideline to sideline.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-18-2013, 08:54 PM
now that i think about it you are backpedalling a little bit...well a lot.

Last year you were so for dwyer and how uber talented he was and was going to clearly rise above the pack as the best back and just be dominant....now you still are kind of saying that but we have to "assess the oline" first lol

Dwyer is ok, ive always liked him, but hes come below where i had him pegged by now. Hes not even above guys like shonn greene as a starter and i wouldnt take greene if they gave him to us for free, RB needs to be upgraded, the oline will be able to block for a better back. No we dont have an oline that can make any RB look good, but we definitely dont have an oline that is gonna make a good back look bad.

Redman is just as terrible as hes always been...funny to see how the board and fanbase in general has turned against that bum...you know who you are

Dwyer is as average as it gets and he has no fit in a zone/cut scheme that highlights quick feet and vision

Redman is even more limited in talent, but at least the one thing he does well, he does REALLY well.

I'd keep redman (short yardage) over Dwyer if we got a starter (bradshaw), I'd keep batch for depth, and I'd draft the future

K Train
03-18-2013, 09:02 PM
batch is absolutely worthless, id keep dwyer over him for sure.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-18-2013, 09:04 PM

I disagree. Let's rewatch the preseason from his rookie year. He has REAL 1 cut skill. He's a real fit in Bicknrll's ZBS

I'd rather have a depth/spell back who fits the scheme.

Reality is we need both Free agent and draft help at the position. (not 1st round)

I'd like:
Starter : Bradshaw
Spell : batch and draft pick
Short : redman

Thomas_43
03-18-2013, 09:06 PM

For 490K, he is a good special teamer

Ibleedblk&gld
03-18-2013, 09:29 PM
https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/313740411724234752

Thomas_43
03-18-2013, 09:31 PM
The same guy that reported Sanders signed an offer with the Steelers!!

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 09:33 PM
No worries gang we have Redman, that dude is awesome!

Ibleedblk&gld
03-18-2013, 09:39 PM
The same guy that reported Sanders signed an offer with the Steelers!!

me or Dulac?

Thomas_43
03-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Dulac :P

Ibleedblk&gld
03-18-2013, 09:41 PM
ahh, yeah I saw this on the AFC North tab on ESPN...wouldn't mind having Bradshaw, but really not surprised that nothing is coming of this (supposedly)

K Train
03-18-2013, 09:48 PM
I disagree. Let's rewatch the preseason from his rookie year. He has REAL 1 cut skill. He's a real fit in Bicknrll's ZBS

I'd rather have a depth/spell back who fits the scheme.

Reality is we need both Free agent and draft help at the position. (not 1st round)

I'd like:
Starter : Bradshaw
Spell : batch and draft pick
Short : redman
get that **** out of here, just because haley and bicknell like ZBS and want to incorporate it into the offense you cant just pencil them in as the 2005 denver broncos. Hes a nice kid and an awesome blogger but he has no place in the NFL. Very little known about him playin in that TT offense where they ran the ball a whole 3% of the time and it looked like he could be a decent 3rd down back in that he could catch and block decent but he has shown nothing.

Id like
Starter: Stepfan Taylor/Giovanni Bernard
Backup: Felix Jones
Short/spell: Dwyer...because he didnt stall on signing his tender

Thats uprooting the running game almost all together, but redman is seriously a waste of a roster spot and dwyer hasnt shown much to make the steelers re-invest in him

I would honestly rather pursue selvin young or steve slaton than baron batch, if you want one of the tiny one cut runners might as well get one worth a damn.

If they successfully implement ZBS and move primarily to that (they havent really indicated that they would) then lets not pretend theres a whole lot separating dwyer from a guy like alfred morris if the system is executed right. Morris isnt some surreal talent that shanahan miraculously came around...just another product of the system. Selvin Young, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Mike Anderson...none are special, and morris was no exception

For 490K, he is a good special teamer
yeah well so was carey davis, gary russell, and frank summers. They cant just play ST because f we need a RB, batch isnt that guy

NeilPatrickBanana
03-19-2013, 10:44 AM
get that **** out of here, just because haley and bicknell like ZBS and want to incorporate it into the offense you cant just pencil them in as the 2005 denver broncos.

I don't know what gave you the idea that I was making such a presumption

Hes a nice kid and an awesome blogger but he has no place in the NFL. Very little known about him playin in that TT offense where they ran the ball a whole 3% of the time and it looked like he could be a decent 3rd down back in that he could catch and block decent but he has shown nothing.

So you remember him lighting up a good Mich St Defense in the Alamo Bowl?
Or when he blew apart a top 10 defense in Oklahoma?

And you know he has 4.4 speed?

And you know everything on tape shows a 1 cut runner who is decisive and quick?

Batch has done NOTHING in the NFL... but that shouldn't be part of the evaluation at this point. He spent 1 year on IR, and another year as a depth back behind 2-3 other guys.

I think you'll be surprised if he gets a chance (happens a lot with RBs in the NFL doesn't it?)

Id like
Starter: Stepfan Taylor/Giovanni Bernard
Backup: Felix Jones
Short/spell: Dwyer...because he didnt stall on signing his tender

that would be nice too

Thats uprooting the running game almost all together, but redman is seriously a waste of a roster spot and dwyer hasnt shown much to make the steelers re-invest in him

Redman has one of the best 3rd and short conversion rates in the NFL... He's not a waste of a roster spot.

I would honestly rather pursue selvin young or steve slaton than baron batch, if you want one of the tiny one cut runners might as well get one worth a damn.

So the guys who have been given a chance are "worth a damn"... but the guy who hasn't is garbage... your not demonstrating much forsight

If they successfully implement ZBS and move primarily to that (they havent really indicated that they would) then lets not pretend theres a whole lot separating dwyer from a guy like alfred morris if the system is executed right. Morris isnt some surreal talent that shanahan miraculously came around...just another product of the system. Selvin Young, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Mike Anderson...none are special, and morris was no exception

whoa... i think there is a monumental difference between morris and dwyer
Ii'd love to bring in a bunch of tape here... but i'll go with "indicators" for times sake

the 3 main indicators I'm looking at for a zone RB when it comes to the underwear olympics are :
1. The 20 yard shuttle - Demonstrates change of direction quickness
Morris : 4.19
Dwyer : 4.67 (worst in his combine class)
Batch : 4.32

2. 3 Cone - Agility, ease of movement, cut back ability
Morris : 7.01
Dwyer : 7.56 (worst in his combine class)
Batch : 7.03

3. Broadjump - explosion
Morris : 117
Dwyer : 107
Batch : 126

People laugh at the value provided in the combine. But Alfred Morris is a perfect example of why the combine matters, and why taking the results seriously (along with the tape), can help in producing Gems.

What's interesting is that you think that these ZBS RBs are "nothing special", yet you don't want a RB who fits the system (Batch)... but instead want a back who is a terrible fit (Dwyer)

K Train
03-19-2013, 11:01 AM
i didnt realize dwyers #s were so poor, he was wildly out of shape at the combine if i remember....a bad trend with him

and no, batch is theoretically a good fit for the system that is supposedly being implemented in that he looks the part. I know all about his good combine numbers, it just isnt translating on the field. Id be very (pleasantly) surprised if he has any kind of a future in the league

LatrobePA
03-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Batch is a sideline cheerleader, that's all! He's the guy that is always there to pat a player on the *** or helmet when they come off... As of right now this team has no starting RB!

NeilPatrickBanana
03-19-2013, 11:17 AM
i didnt realize dwyers #s were so poor, he was wildly out of shape at the combine if i remember....a bad trend with him

and no, batch is theoretically a good fit for the system that is supposedly being implemented in that he looks the part. I know all about his good combine numbers, it just isnt translating on the field. Id be very (pleasantly) surprised if he has any kind of a future in the league

and that's all im saying...

Big T
03-26-2013, 10:49 PM
@AdamSchefter: Former Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw is visiting the Steelers on Wednesday.

Let's hope he doesnt leave without a contract...

LatrobePA
03-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Report: Ahmad Bradshaw to visit with Steelers

By Dan Hanzus

Published: March 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM PDT

Modified: March 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM PDT

Ahmad Bradshaw has been a bystander during the free agency carousel to this point. That might be about to change.

CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora reported Tuesday that the Pittsburgh Steelers expect to host Bradshaw for a visit this week.

If healthy, Bradshaw would be a perfect fit for a Steelers team in need of some fresh talent in the backfield. But health is the big issue. La Canfora reported that the Steelers plan to explore his health and medicals following Bradshaw's latest foot surgery.

Wary of a bad medical report sabotaging his attempts to catch on with a team, Bradshaw chose to wait on visiting teams until his foot was further along. Bradshaw represents a potential steal in free agency who would fit well with Pittsburgh's offensive scheme.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus .

LatrobePA
03-26-2013, 10:58 PM
@AdamSchefter: Former Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw is visiting the Steelers on Wednesday.

Let's hope he doesnt leave without a contract...

Ditto!

Real Deal Steel
03-26-2013, 11:03 PM
I sure would like to know for gospel, what is the blocking scheme going to be. Instead of all these whispers and conjectures.

BubbyBlister
03-26-2013, 11:15 PM

Let's hope he doesn't leave without a free steak dinner courtesy of Colbert and a pat on the *** from Tomlin saying even though you have a bad foot we still can't afford you... Fixed.

LatrobePA
03-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Fixed.

Lmfao!

Steelergolfer59
03-27-2013, 12:25 AM
If he stays healthy he'll be a beast!

Zachintosh66
03-27-2013, 12:59 AM
If he stays healthy he'll be a beast!

Agreed, if he signed and stayed healthy this could/would be the best FA sign in seasons.

coldrolled
03-27-2013, 06:15 AM
Agreed, if he signed and stayed healthy this could/would be the best FA sign in seasons.

I Dont really follow this guy... what is his problem? Bad Knee? Age?

TarlsQtr
03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
I Dont really follow this guy... what is his problem? Bad Knee? Age?

His feet are made of crackers.

K Train
03-27-2013, 09:36 AM
he would be an excellent fit if his foot is holding up

TarlsQtr
03-27-2013, 09:38 AM
he would be an excellent fit if his foot is holding up

Absolutely, a huge upgrade over Dwyer/Redman.

SnakeEyes43
03-27-2013, 09:46 AM
His feet are made of crackers.

Haha! I agree that he would be a good fit, but injuries are an issue and he's pretty young. May be too risky.

Big T
03-27-2013, 11:09 AM
@EdBouchette: Ahmad Bradshaw will visit #Steelers Thursday after arriving in city tonight.

SuperSteelers
03-27-2013, 12:10 PM
I remember reading somewhere recently that Bradshaw's foot was not ready and he wasn't willing to show his skills until the foot had more time to heal. It feels like the Steelers are just testing the waters and really have no intentions of signing this guy.

Zachintosh66
03-27-2013, 02:24 PM
i think were not done signing FA's... but wont get any inked until June-ish

LatrobePA
03-27-2013, 02:36 PM
i think were not done signing FA's... but wont get any inked until June-ish

Cool more practice squad type players, Tomlins fav!

BstripeYpaint
03-27-2013, 09:47 PM
If Bradshaw gets a passing grade on his physical, he will likely be the free agent we get. Just a feeling of course.

My hope is that we get a '13 season-ready backup for Worilds so that we might take Eifert before anyone else does. Shaun Phillips is a damn good football player (big wing span and very athletic). He'll be 32 in May.

LatrobePA
03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Steelers will attempt to sign to Bradshaw pending physical

By Dan Hanzus

Published: March 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM PDT

Modified: March 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM PDT

The moment of truth has arrived for Ahmad Bradshaw.

NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported that Bradshaw is getting a physical from Pittsburgh Steelers doctors on Thursday. If everything checks out -- which is no certainty -- Pittsburgh will make an attempt to sign the free-agent running back, according to a source apprised of the visit.

Bradshaw was a productive player during his six-year run with the New York Giants , but durability concerns make him a risky play for teams looking for backfield stability. Coming off his latest foot surgery, Bradshaw opted not to meet with teams during the early part of free agency.

Bradshaw, 27, has undergone three known surgeries on his right foot, as well as procedures on his left foot and both ankles.

The source told Kinkhabwala there isn't a huge market for Bradshaw at this time. If he can't get a deal done with the Steelers , he could struggle to find work in the immediate future.

A healthy Bradshaw would be a welcome fit for a Steelers offense that ranked 26th in rushing last season. An opening was created in the backfield when Rashard Mendenhall signed with the Arizona Cardinals in free agency.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus .

Black@Gold Forever32
03-28-2013, 06:57 PM
I like Bradshaw as a player but I rather have the guy replacing Bradshaw in New York....David Wilson....lol

coldrolled
03-28-2013, 08:23 PM
i hope he is cheap with his ailing feet.. i highly doubt he'll ever be back to full form.. obviously he has glass shoes....

like worilds shoulder right Train?

Big T
03-28-2013, 09:27 PM
@AdamSchefter: Giants free-agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw left Pittsburgh without a deal. Steelers keeping lines of communication with him open.

LatrobePA
03-28-2013, 09:40 PM
@AdamSchefter: Giants free-agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw left Pittsburgh without a deal. Steelers keeping lines of communication with him open.

Shocker! I wonder what's up??

SnakeEyes43
03-28-2013, 09:44 PM

Don't worry, we still have Dwyer and Batch...

LatrobePA
03-28-2013, 10:08 PM

**** zone Redman!

coldrolled
03-29-2013, 10:48 AM

Dwyers and Worilds are fine let them play and gain some confidence... holy moly already batman...

LatrobePA
03-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Dwyers and Worilds are fine let them play and gain some confidence... holy moly already batman...

I got a good feeling about JW, Dwyer needs to get into better game shape..

Big T
03-29-2013, 12:29 PM
@AdamSchefter: RB Ahmad Bradshaw will be visiting Steelers again in a few weeks to check on rehab progress from foot injury. Pittsburgh still interested.

LatrobePA
03-29-2013, 12:32 PM
He was in a boot yesterday...

ice cream glove
03-29-2013, 04:05 PM
He was in a boot yesterday...

I saw that, and I am thinking: Wearing a boot = failed physical, no? I am not too worried about RB, to be honest. I like some of the guys in the draft who can be nabbed in the 3rd or later. And I think Dwyer will be in the best shape of his life - playing for a new contract. If EVER he was going to step up, it is this year.

ChucktownSteeler
03-29-2013, 05:13 PM
I'd just as soon draft a RB in the fourth or fifth round than sign Bradshaw or Beenie Wells. Time to move forward.

LatrobePA
04-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Bronco's looking to add Bradshaw...

JensK
04-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Per nfl.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers' extended dance with Ahmad Bradshaw continues.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Steelers plan to bring the free-agent running back in for a second visit prior to the NFL draft.

The Steelers want to check in on the status of Bradshaw's surgically repaired right foot, according to a source informed of the team's plans. If everything checks out, the team will make an attempt to sign the running back.

And so it continues. Bradshaw met with the Steelers two weeks ago, taking a physical but exiting the building without a contract offer. Pittsburgh remained interested, however, proven by the team's decision to set up a second visit.

ProFootballTalk.com reported Wednesday that the Cincinnati Bengals have also expressed interest in Bradshaw. A visit could happen in the next two weeks.

Bradshaw would be a nice fit with both teams. His health looms over everything for the time being

Real Deal Steel
04-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Take Bell in the second round and put this Bradshaw issue to bed.

polamalu43
04-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Screw the Bradshaw idea Colbert. Why the hell do we need an injury prone RB? A foot issue to boot.......last time I checked that was an important body part for a RB.

I say RB in R3 or 4 (personally I am still hoping for Montee Ball)

K Train
04-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Sign bradshaw, let him have the spot ready for lattimore next year.

Ball would be a weird pick, as would Bell