PDA

View Full Version : Heath Miller?

eweid
03-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Long time Steeler fan here, I must be out of the loop. I keep hearing people talk about needing a tight end. Where is Heath Miller??? Can someone help please..

SteelCity325
03-15-2013, 12:36 AM
He tore his ACL against the Browns in the last game of the season.

Crash
03-15-2013, 12:43 AM
He's been quiet. Doing rehab.

SteelCityKid5
03-15-2013, 01:12 AM
2 tight ends never hurt anyone

Nolrog
03-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Takes about a full year to completely recover from that injury (to the level you were before). He definitely won't be available for the beginning of the season; how far into the season before he could play is an open question, but I think it's going to be around half way.

Heath is also 30 years old. Plus, Haley's offense looks like it would make frequent use of a Tight End. So there's definitely a need for another TE, plus having another guy, who'll eventually replace Heath is a good move at this point.

coldrolled
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
2nd last game against the Bengals...

Anyway.. Eifert is the answer....

Ertz will be gone in between...

Vance McDonald in the 2nd... or Dave Johnson #85 will get it done.

We need one good TE bad right now... we have noone...

Pick like this...

Jarvis Jones and Vance McDonald and Montee Ball and an ILB

Eifert and OLB and Montee Ball and an ILB

LatrobePA
03-15-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm shocked we're not sniffing the FA list harder for a TE.

coldrolled
03-15-2013, 12:25 PM
TE update in Raven news...

Pitta emerged last season as a reliable target for Joe Flacco. With 61 catches for 669 yards, Pitta tied for second on the Ravens in receptions. He proved to be a dangerous target during Baltimore's Super Bowl run, hauling in 14 catches for 163 yards and three scores.

We rarely see teams jump on restricted free agents when it comes down to it. The tight end position is becoming central to passing games league-wide and it's not unusual to see chatter bubble up around Pitta, but we'd be surprised if anyone pulls the trigger.

This is a good line:::

The tight end position is becoming central to passing games league-wide...

Good Point to remeber...

Danger DANJ
03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm all for going after Pitta, but it will never happen. Steelers won't give up a 2nd round pick to get him. I'd like to see the Steelers try and get him even if it's just to make the Ravens spend a little more to keep him.

coldrolled
03-15-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm all for going after Pitta, but it will never happen. Steelers won't give up a 2nd round pick to get him. I'd like to see the Steelers try and get him even if it's just to make the Ravens spend a little more to keep him.

Screw Pitta and a second... Point was that we need two great TE's... we have zero.

LatrobePA
03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Everyone is slamming the Ravens for dropping players, we are too and at this point keeping pace! WTF is going on!

SuperSteelers
03-15-2013, 05:02 PM
He tore his ACL against the Browns in the last game of the season.

This^ I highly doubt he is ready for the season and definitely won't be a 100% so the Steelers are in need of a serviceable TE that can play the whole season.

Rhys Lightning 63
03-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Screw Pitta and a second... Point was that we need two great TE's... we have zero.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! Heath Miller is perhaps the most under-rated player in the NFL right now. TE's usually act as a safety blanket for the QB's, none more so than HM. If ever anything goes wrong, you can always rely on Ben dropping it off to HM and he will catch it and move the chains 100% of the time.

You can say we need a second great TE, but don't you dare say that we don't have one to begin with

Thomas_43
03-15-2013, 08:42 PM
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! Heath Miller is perhaps the most under-rated player in the NFL right now. TE's usually act as a safety blanket for the QB's, none more so than HM. If ever anything goes wrong, you can always rely on Ben dropping it off to HM and he will catch it and move the chains 100% of the time.

You can say we need a second great TE, but don't you dare say that we don't have one to begin with

Great before the injury, might not see the field this year.....Let's see what he makes of his comeback before we continue to call him "Great".

MillerTime83
03-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Adrian Peterson didnt have to hard of a time comming back from this? How about Malkin? Truth is knee injurys have become so common in sports that the docs have got better. Heath will be fine by a quarter way through the season. In fact my buddy tore his acl at work and returned no restrictions 3 months later. I know we are not pro athletes at my job, but it is damn physical lifting 20-70 pounds 2-300 times a day and twisting your body.

Rambling.... Heath will be ok. Im all for a TE just not when we need so many other things.

Bronko
03-15-2013, 11:06 PM

Thank you. Heath Miller is the G.O.A.T. steeler TE. Due to his injury, Haley offence, inability to score TDs in the redzone, and Ben's love for taller receivers I think Eifert would be a great first round pick.

coldrolled
03-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Thank you. Heath Miller is the G.O.A.T. steeler TE. Due to his injury, Haley offence, inability to score TDs in the redzone, and Ben's love for taller receivers I think Eifert would be a great first round pick.

Heath may not see the field till November.. Thats 0 TE to start the season as it is right now...

Well DJ, Spaeth, Paulson now... Like i said zero to start.

Zachintosh66
03-16-2013, 11:36 PM
I am interested to see how much faith they have in Paulson

Thomas_43
03-17-2013, 01:30 AM
I am interested to see how much faith they have in Paulson

I agree Zach. I bet they like him more than people would think. Could be wrong tho.

Steelergolfer59
03-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Paulson isn't bad. I mean how many times did he catch a ball last year and you heard the "Heath" chant. Happened a couple times. He's built like Heath. Showed signs of promise. Who knows maybe he'll be out next Heath and there will be no need for Eifert even though I'd love to have Eifert.